Physical or Digital

How do you like your comics Sup Forums?

Comics make me want to kill myself

Soft. SO i can have like 50% more comics.

Comics are one medium where it'll be extremely hard to make digital comics mainstream. People cherish their physical copies even more than gamers and bibliophiles do.

anything new i buy digital, only physical i buy is complete arcs

That's because only the extreme obsessives buy real comics anymore.

If they grew the market to include a wide variety, there'd be far far more digital purchases.

Hell, they had an app where you could pay a dollar for an issue, it'd be great, especially now.

You just need to make it easy to use and not like a "Choose your own adventure" of cross overs.

I can get them digitally for free so...

Both. Hardcopies for the stuff I really really love. Plus they look great on a shelf. Digital for the super rare stuff that can't be found anywhere and I just want to read.

parasite

I like money more than I like comics, so digital.

I buy graphical novels occasionally but in general read them digitally.

digital and free

This will always be more impressive than a tablet or a laptop full of digital comics.

>This will always be more impressive
To?

Yeah well a tablet won't make women leave laughing

also
>mein kampf
kill yourself and go back to Sup Forums

Not him but all the grills i know (mostly my m8s gfs) either like comics, don't mind them or have sadder interests / hobbies so can't be judgemental.

Physical for sure. It's harder to lose physical copies and it feels like I actually own them. Same with music, video games, books, etc. I only buy digital if there's no other way possible.

People who like books.

I'm married so I don't give a fuck what other women think about my hobbies. Also, why would I invite a woman to my house if I didn't think they'd at least understand my hobby?

Physical means I can take it to the park and not look like a wanker.

I just read your comics after i bang your mom user

/thread

I only buy them once they are collected in larger HCs (12 issues+), until then I read them digitally for free.

I can tell you don't go to parks often if you think going to a park and being on your phone / tablet is abnormal in the current year.

Nowadays having a book will make you look like a wanker and reading a comic even more so.

I prefer reading them in digital form because they look great on my tablet, it's convenient, and I can take them anywhere. But I love collecting series that I really like. I'm proud that I own every issue of Midnighter, and it burns me that I'm missing Omega Men 1-3 for my collection to be complete. So I'm 50/50 right now.

Nothing impressive about putting your belongings in autism bags. What kind of psycho thinks you need to bag hardcover books?

I want them to stay in good shape and not get dusty.

Why didn't you bag up Mein Kampf?

How do you read them digitally for free anyway. I have already trouble finding the digital purchase sites.

Maybe I´m way to stupid to find them.

It's already dusty from all the jews anyway.

Physical. I do torrent a lot of comics, though, but they never feel the same. For example, I've been reading through the major crisis events of the DCU starting from CoIE. Everything up to this point has been physical trades.

I got to 52 and I didn't want to grab the omni and Book 2 doesn't come out until next year, so I'm reading it digitally. It's a great story, but man do I wish I could actually hold a book while reading it.

It's the same with normal books. I have an ebook, and I was so excited to move on to digital books, but it feels so much better to have the big, bulky, and sometimes clumsy book in my lap.

And then the good user sleept in his fathers' basement...

>Autism bags.

You are a cunt.

Well, we're waiting

He's right though.
Bagging your books like old people bagging their furniture.

Physical, unfortunately. It'd be a lot cheaper if I didn't prefer reading from paper than from a screen.

I buy physically personally. But I do see the pros of buying digital since those don't damage at all unlike physically where damaging the book means having to get a new copy. Especially since the paper comics are printed on is a lot more fragile.

I prefer hardcover compilations.
I really hate having a million magazines around, those are hard to organize.

Both. I download capeshit and buy indieshit. Superman doesn't need my money but a comic like Hillbilly does.

And then shit like Prez gets cancelled and you sit there wondering how it happened.

I think overall digital is the best reading experience if you have a tablet. Zero gutter loss, no discoloration, etc. However, it is obviously flawed in the fact that not every publisher provides a backup so there's a chance you could lose them one day. And I guess you can't buy old versions of things (like the old TKJ coloring would only be available digitally via piracy).

I do prefer physical though just to take a break from looking at a screen all day. And it feels more natural to flip between scenes at different parts of a story if you need to (or at least it's less tedious than digitally waiting for the thumbnails to load and then selecting a page to jump to).

I used to be all about physical but digital actually just reads better. The splashes look way cleaner instead of having this awkward middle staple.

I'll only buy physical if I really want a collection which usually only applies for some indie stuff.

I go to the park every day. Nobody uses tablets or phones. They all have food, dogs and guitars.

Maybe it's because I'm from Scotland and not a liberal shithole like wherever you're from where all the young kids snapchat their park experience instead of enjoying it.

>he has more comics than actual books
WEW

Hellboy library editions and the like suggest I like physical copies. Although if I'm following something and I want singles then I buy that digitally and then the trade later on.

>Nobody uses phones or tablets in Scotland

Don't talk utter pish you feckless namefag.

>Acting like a Samurai Jack caricature
Groovy.

Comics are too be enjoyed, not turned into an autism shrine.

Or wait, are you an artsy fartsy art school wanker from Glasgow? That could be the case.

>Pish
>Caricature

Neck yourself namefag.

Epic tongue, my friend! You really do seem like one of those loud mouth swearing Scotsman! Cheers as you people say!

>I am proud to live in a backwood of ludites who are afraid of phones
>I am so fucking pretentious I will judge people by what medium they read their funny pages on
>I will project my insecurities about my backwood shitberg in every post
>I will do all this and more while posting weeb trash

Aaaand filtered. Another namefag gone.

Where you from anyway?

How is keeping them in plastic bags when I'm not reading them autistic? I've read everything on these shelves multiple times and have enjoyed it every time. Would it be better if I kept them at an arm's reach at all times and covered with cheeto dust and cigarette ash? Would I be enjoying them anymore than I am now?

Nope. I knew Prez was doomed from the beginning.

Physical. I've tried to read them on my desktop computer and just can't read them well. I quickly scan the pages over and don't appreciate the art and take the time to enjoy it I guess. In print I read slower and pay more attention to it.

I do have a large collection of print issues and have fallen behind on purchasing, so thought I'd just read digital to keep up. I just can't enjoy it that way.

>Scotland
>Not a liberal shithole

Pick one m8

The correct answer is physical. Only time I buy digital is if its of something that is ridiculously expensive physical, like fucking Annihilation. Cheapest I found was fucking £400

Holy shit, how in the fuck is a mainstream Marvel crossover going for that much?

It's out-of-print so limited number of copies available. Marvel doesn't care to reprint it currently.

It's fucking mental.

I reckon it is probably the films. I swear I saw a hardcover omni going for like £60 at a Waterstones a couple years back. Wish I'd dropped some coin on it as it's nigh impossible to get a hold of at a reasonable price now

>weeboo shit

no you

Weeaboo shit is less embarrassing than posting a picture of that nigger liberal cunt.

I've downloaded some comics about Parasite, yes.

I know you guys don't give a shit but one of the highlights in my collection is a full set of Annihilation, Conquest and Guardians in hardback (the original vols.). I bought them well before the film and resurgence in interest and am still glad I did.

I doubt I'd get the crazy money for them anyway, even if I did want to sell them.

Un-pretentious

Oh, and War of Kings and Realm of Kings too. I wish the last half of that Nova run was in HC too. I own the first half in hardback after it first came out and it seems a shame to pick up the rest in trades. I'd almost rather just have the whole set in trades because I'm finnickely like that.

I still prefer physical. Unless I'm at my computer with a big screen I have a hard time reading digital comics. Until publishers start designing and laying out panels and word bubbles with tablets in mind I'll stick to a physical format. One of the other reasons I haven't bought more digital books in general is the fact that they are often more expensive then a mass market paperback. There's no excuse for that nonsense.

Dude, cosmic Marvel in that period was fucking sick. I fear that Marvel will never release anything as good as that again.

Only thing Marvel I like these days is Moon Knight

Digital. I don't have to drive 10 miles for one book, it won't rip or tear or get lost, I can read it on my phone at work without getting any odd glances. Plus I have to change houses constantly and want as little to carry as possible.