ITT: Sup Forums '66

>DC still shilling thier rip off Flash and Green Lantern
>Marvel caving to hippies, teenagers, and coloreds
>The TV show making casuals come in and pretend to be fans
>TWELVE CENTS for a book

It's over comics are done. I hear they are even doing a Spider-Man cartoon. As if that ripoff needed more attention.

Is that Allred?

>rip off Flash and Green Lantern
who?

That nerdy nobody Barry Allen and that flavourless Hal Jordon.

Bring back Jay Garrick and Alan Scott.

>Spider-Man
>Rip off.

Hey, man, way uncool, egg head! Spider-Man is probably one of the only decent books going on right now with comics code.

Capp pls bring the Shmoo back

>not liking based Fox and Infantino's cration
Pleb-tier, senpai. I won't argue that Hal is a little weak, but his sci-fi adventures are more exciting than Alan's semi-magic shit.

Guys, I'm from the FUTURE! it is vitally important somebody goes to Riverside, Connecticut and kill every baby under 1 yr old.

He stole Batman's bit.

Nobody remembers them, comics are for kids.

>DITKO LEAVES SPIDER-MAN
IT'S ALL OVER

Difference is, I make it look good.

Bah. The kids who read these things will grow up and read other stuff. Comics will survive, its superheroes that are on their way out.
What, you think successive generations of fat squares will refuse to let go of these characters and society in general will become increasingly infantilized? Pssh. Never happen. Not for characters this cheesy.

Alan Scott got replaced by Rex the Wonder Dog

I say they should bring back the Justice Society as its own comic with all of the heroes DC isn't using right now. It's a win win, we get the new Flash and GL with the Justice League while the old Flash and GL still fight older villains with the Justice Society

Although I don't know how that would work in-universe. I mean, Barry was clearly reading a comic book with Jay Garrick as the Flash. Does that mean Jay already exists in this world or is this more of Gardner Fox's Crisis bullshit?

I'm probably the only one on here that got it. That's harsh.

whats the joke?

Why do you want to kill the first female naval carrier-based fighter pilot?

Or Katie Lee Gifford?

YOU CANNOT STOP ME, FUTURE-MAN!

Zack Snyder was raised in Riverside, Connecticut... lol

Not to spoil the party but by 1966 Barry and Hal had been around for a decade, and the Justice Society were crossing over with the League annually.

Doesn't really work. He was raised there, not born there.

Now, had you said Green Bay, Wisconsin, it would have worked. I thought it was an Archie reference, at first.

Yeah. Pretty good for a kid who's still in diapers.
It being 1966 and all...

>Implying 1966 Sup Forums cares

People are still assmad over Hal being the main GL

Good news gents. It looks like Captain Marvel is returning to comic books under DC. Unfortunately Marvel cheated them out of using the name "Captain Marvel" as a title with their blonde alien Superman copy, so DC has to title their comic Shazam! But it's not all for naught. It's not like they changed the name of Billy's alter ego to Shazam. That would just be wacky. And not in a good way.

So they just have AEAT instead of HEAT?

He's a blatant ripoff of Tarantula.

>He hasn't read Flash of Two Worlds
It came out five years ago, you've had plenty of time.

5,000 BC is the only good historical era for these threads

UNGA BUNGA WHERE THE CAVE PAINTINGS AT? BC BEST TRIBE FIGHT ME MARBLE MOUSEMEN