Ridley BTFO

Alien Awakening BTFO
FOX Reportedly looking to reboot alien with a new timeline

>>>alien-covenant.com/news/fox-reportedly-looking-reboot-alien-franchise-with-new-timeline

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTHS2TIISUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not like this

Just fucking stop making Alien movies

I liked both Prometheus and Covenant

wipeout.

>FOX up for yet another reboot

Can't wait to see another Aliens again

please no

fuck you

It's terrible so let's do something even worse? Wtf

Ridley Scott is a fucking hack

please give Neill his chance, I watched an interview with him last night and it shows how much it meant to him, just to have it pulled right from under him, just like Halo.

>Alientcovenant.jpg

No. They had great visuals and direction. You can't just keep remaking Alien, it was a one and done. If you want the franchise to go on you have to accept it will move into new areas

Just tell Ridley to fuck off and give it back to Blomkamp like they were going to do.

At least we wouldn't have a pretentious fucking not-robot and instead have actual robots.

Daily reminder
Aliens >Alien >Non canon shit

YASSSSS

HAHAHAHAHHA

RIDLEY HACK BTFO

Pff... that's retarded. They should at least finish their damn prequel series now. Ridiculous.

reminder that Ridley killed Blomkamp's project which would have been infinitely better

Give the Covenant sequel to Paul W.S. Anderson

>Pff... that's retarded. They should at least finish their damn prequel series now. Ridiculous.

Covenant didn't make any money, Fox are doing Alien movies to make money.

Ridleys sequels are dead.

fuck that just do avp 3 with snyder directing

Bing bing wahoo! Great we get yet another origin story with shots with some dumb cunts investigating a spoopy field of alien eggs that surprise surprise suddenly burst open with face crabs.

I feel like I've seen this already.

STOP
STOOOOOOOOP

Now's a good time to dust off the original AvP that was being worked on by Roland Emmerich

Actual basic gestalt: youtube.com/watch?v=CTHS2TIISUE

they only needed the first one

the second wasn't needed but still turned out great imo, but very different

>avp
>roland emmerich

ridley scott is fucking senile. he wants to do 10 more alien movies and he's like 90.

It also happened in the two prequal movies too

fuck fox and fuck the critics and fuck the people who refuse to go the cinema to watch anything but capeshit. covenant wasn't perfect but it was still a fucking decent sci fi horror in a time when those are sorely lacking. just let the old man finish the trilogy ffs

Fuck them I like this universe, Prometheus and Alien were both good

emmerich should never be allowed to make a movie ever again

>prometheus
>good
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Having low standards at any time is still low standards fag

Why reboot? Set it in a bit more of the future. Not all movies can be masterpieces. Accept it and try better next time.

this is so fucking stupid

and what happens when this fails?

huh? what now, faggot? huh?

Alien should have ended at first movie. Yes. First movie. There was literally no point in Aliens. Regardless if the movie is good or not.

Why not just pay Cameron the $50m he wants to direct a sequeol?

I thought they stopped making these in the 90s. Never heard of Prometheus or Covenant.

Prometheus and Covenant had characters dumber than teens in a slasher movie, an insanely convoluted backstory of Engineers and how an android (which only existed in Alien due to the request from fucking execs who thought it would be cool) created the Aliens.

The only saving grace is Fassbender, but that does not save these shit movies.

These? You say that like Alien had a sequel.

It was terrible, absolutely fucking terrible. Life was a better scifi horror.

>The only saving grace is Fassbender, but that does not save these shit movies.

Fassbender was the star of Prometheus, which in spite of its flaws I liked, but Covenant's ridiculous story shat all over him/the character David like it did over the entire franchise.

Honestly, I think Ridley might have suffered some oxygen deficit induced brain damage on that casting couch with Fassbender.

It's for the best, though I would have liked to see more David movies without the Aliens.

well it did, Isolation

They should totaly ask Fincher to do it kek

fuck ridley and his bbc fantasies. alien was good but hes a shitty director now. i hope someone can make a good reboot

I think the world is ready for a xeno/human romance movie

This is the best news to start off the weekend.

Ridley needs to retire like the rest of his peers.

Funny

When you put it like that it's fucking amazing to think how Alien is a failed, floundering franchise now for 30 years and counting

>Execs meddling
>Outcome is shit
>Execs meddling again
Repeat ad infinitum

I would kind of be okay with this

I like Alien: Covenant more than I thought I would. However, it still had a terrible flaw in that all of the characters behaved stupidly to move the plot along.

I enjoyed Covenant enough, but I don't like the idea that Xenomorphs are ultimately a human creation. I think the mystery of where they came from should've stayed just that, a mystery.

Thanks Ridley Scott...

We don't know that they exclusively came from us. I feel like it's going to turn out to be a more pure creation of someone else, maybe not even the Engineers. Think about it, what would piss David off more than to find out that he's not even original in his creation.

Sci Fi movie. Covenant nor Prometheus qualify as horror in any way.

then it should move into good areas

>the original plans for Prometheus 2 were to be up to 3 tangent storylines, one following David and Shaw, one following the new crew and an additional one exploring more of the Engineer culture
Sounds better than what we got.

just let the series die fampai

Underrated

APOLOGIZE

David had a lot of pretty spooky scenes, I was really digging his Renaissance-styled sketches of various ugly xeno mutations. The pale faceless (more than usual) xeno was pretty unsettling too, too bad it barely got any screentime.

The rest of the movie was more sci-fi/action, yeah.

I like you.

when will they learn

aesthetic was spot on. there were some great kills. story was b movie tier but it never presented itself as anything but that.
it WAS a slasher movie though. a big budget slasher movie but one nonetheless.
life was dreadful and far worse. pale imitation of alien desu. the alien was retarded
not true at all you pleb

RIDLEY ON SUICIDE WATCH

they should do it like toho with godzilla, each reboot has the first one as the canon origin but then it becomes something else

Have the premise of the Neill ones?

>tfw no more david
Quite honestly the only good thing to come out of the prequels.

fuck david, walter 4 lyfe

it would've been the same rehashed shit lol, dont kid yourself

>Pred eating pizza

what the fuck?

The big reveal will be that David just reverse engineered the alien and that they are the original source of the black goo which in the end was used to create humans.

It was poop. Give me Prometheus 2 Shaw and David's Boogaloo, but not Covenant.

>just the same way that the engineers used the black goo to spread their dna throughout a whole world the xenos spread their dna throughout the universe by putting it into the goo.

last thing we need is more shitty south african allegories.

Give the reboot to Wes Anderson.

This franchise is beyond fucked at this point. Ridley screwed up the effort to take it in a new direction, so anything remotely like Prometheus will never happen again. Which leaves an endless loop of rehashing the first and second movie, which got old twenty years ago. There is no direction the series can move in now that won't result in box office failure.

predators II with aliens. just become a comfy action movie series

I thought it was pretty good.

Shrug.

Anyway, I hope Blonmmmkamp gets a chance to make his movie and tell the real story desu.

Prometheus was just ridiculously stupid.

Covenent didn't seem like it was going to be much different, so I didn't go see it, and probably won't even stream it.

Eh. If Blade Runner: Shmoop Edition does well Ridley might get another shot. I'd rather see what else he squeezes out of Alien's unused concept art than Colonial Marines: By Committee.

Same. Though I think the Blade Runner reboot being a success is a long shot.

Covenant was legitimately terrible. Scott doubled down on having even dumber characters and a worse plot.

So... No more Engineers... and another reboot?
Why god... WHY?!

This, it was at least much better than the piece of shit that is Prometheus. I'm so glad he basically retoconned Engineers out of future existence in favour of Davids mad scientist plotline which is infinitely more entertaining.

Alien Covenant was a comedy movie you guys just don't get it

>Ridley cucks everyone who want an actual sequel to Aliens
>is surprised when no one wants to see a sequel to fucking prometheus

They should adapt the avp arcade game

jesus fuck I wanted to see Engineers BTFO david

lol it just would've been alien capeshit

lol nope he just sprays some spores on them and they all die

the only way that makes sense if they actually went backwards technology-wise for some reason so they live in stone cities, wear potato bag togas and look at one of their old starships as the most amazing thing in the world

no, just stop making bad alien movies

They're a fucking separate society of Engineers you fucking numbskull

alright movies, but, terrible terrible characters.
Especially after reading the original script, I don't know how they managed to fuck it up that bad.

>They're a fucking separate society of Engineers
they literally went there because the ship had the "go back home" coordinates

GOAT game