Has anything amounted from Iceman being gay? I'm about a year and a half behind on my funny books...

Has anything amounted from Iceman being gay? I'm about a year and a half behind on my funny books, so I haven't actually reached that point yet.

As someone who's bi, I feel like I should be happy that my favorite superhero from my childhood is also lgbt, but I'm too triggered by all his past relationships being retconned as bullshit.

Nobody reads X-Men anymore

Iceman looks like Icicle Jr. now?

Lemire on a team book plus decompression plus semi-annual events means that nothing much has or will come of it because there's no space for it.

Yeah, depending on artist. Look at Bachalo's Icegay.

No, it's a stupid fucking retcon that was badly handled and makes Jean into a cunt for outing him for no real reason.
If he was bi it'd be better, at least.

You dare question Bendis?

They weren't retconned, it's a time paradox. Jean made him gay

Last I remember seeing was Jean and past-Bobby talking to powerless present-Bobby, who got his powers back when he conceded he was gay. Past-Bobby was estatic about being gay, present-Bobby not so much.

Was that the end of it?

>Has anything amounted from Iceman being gay?

a lot of people crying

Has him being made gay resulted in any fun relationships like Hulkling and Wiccan?

You can't make someone gay. Best you can do is go to someone who is already bi and convince them to prefer men over women,

>You can't make someone gay
Do you even mind control?

>Beast turned gay
>Iceman turned gay
Angel is next, mark my words.

I still don't understand why they didn't just say he's bi. That wouldn't invalidate his entire romantic history and would still be progressive.

Beast was just being an asshole to Trish after their breakup. He was never actually gay.

>but I'm too triggered by all his past relationships being retconned as bullshit.

This is why they should have made him bi, but Marvel doesn't care about logic I guess

That was an edit, the real thing's worse.

Not kidding, adult bobby basically uses melting ice as a crying allegory while asking young bobby how he has the strength to be both gay and a mutant at that age, when adult bobby didn't.

At this point it might be easier to write all characters as if they're bi until you specify otherwise

Might minimize the outrage in the future

No

It's become his entire character. He flirted a bit with Anole. That's the extent of it.

You can if you control their thoughts and emotions.

Angel and Psylocke currently have a thing going.

Would've been fun if Marvel had Anole and Angela call him out "bi people aren't real and need to choose" style while Bobby tries to explain it to them.

dat bulge tho

>Angel and Psylocke currently have a thing going.
And Bobby had a thing going with Kitty three days before outing.

Bendis was just desperate to leave a lasting impact of any kind.
Nobody gives a shit about his OC's and the O5 have to go some time.
But making one of the first X-Men gay?
Marvel can't undo it without looking like homophobes, and image is everything to them.

>He flirted a bit with Anole
Please tell me that's not true. Anole's, what, 18 at the oldest?
The kid was Iceman's student.

Bendis isn't writing Warren anymore. QED

I'm not going to look it up because Hopeless a shit but it happened in EXM toward the end of the school being attacked by demons in Pandemonium.

...or I could be remembering wrong and it was O5 Bobby in NXM? I don't think so, though.

Just checked it out.
Bobby doesn't flirt with Anole, just talks to him about being gay because that's his whole personality now.
Bobby had a moment with an Inhuman black guy because that's the level of creativity Lemire is bring to the table.
Also Bobby has a hideous undercut and Ramos made Anole look 9 before they hulked him out and ruined his look.