How do you feel about the organic webs?

How do you feel about the organic webs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dyOaj66tx_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

imo the best way to do the webs is him having an anatomically correct gland on his butt that he has to milk periodically. He then packages the stuff into cartridges for later use :3

As a fan of the comics I can honestly say that they are completely fine and anyone who legitimately cares about the webshooters is autistic.

They seem more logical than Peter inventing them.

>GO WEB
>FLY
>UP UP AND AWAY WEB!

>HEIL

I like him making the webshooters and the web himself, works well with Pete's brilliance. Tobey/Raimi never conveyed his intelligence other than refering to him as "brilliant but lazy".

How would he get the resources to make them though?

Raimi?

I watched the Blu-Ray yesterday, can't believe I never noticed this.

while it is more popular with the masses it was dumb. the limitations for how much of the protein based fluid could be in him is stupidly low.

the web shooter mechanism has a cartridge that kinda looks like a co2 canister that is replaced on the fly and he even has done in mid battle in the comics

there are many problems with web slinging in general like how do you propel it that fucking far? in nature there is a spider that spits web from its fangs but its short range and not focused because of how fluids work when moving through the air. it has a tendency to spread out. in the comics the webshooter has a nosel which can be adjusted by finger placement on the plam allegedly but there are still problems with maintaining a stream over any real distance

and then there is pressure. for organic web its to much of a insult to ones intelligence that it could even manage to be more than a super soaker strength stream that wont even go 20 yards. for a mechanism you could actually have more than 90psi even in a small package though thats not going to help to much given the previous problems. gas propelled still makes more sense

If he just makes that shit himself, why? Why did he decide to become "spider-man" at all? The jumping? Precognition? Him having the powers innately makes sense of how he (somewhat innately) knows how to use them. I guess, I don't know

Climbing walls, ya goof

Only available on the directors cut.

The nazi invented the webwaffen back in world war 2 to combat the soviets

It makes more sense then him inventing it. It would push the suppension of disbelief too far.

Organic webs makes more sense than him inventing them. He's a freelance photographer, not a chemical and mechanical engineer.

Is it realistic that he can shoot webs out of his body? No. It's capeshit, none of it is realistic.

better

it brings down the origin to one crazy improbability from two

>He's a freelance photographer, not a chemical and mechanical engineer.
Real Peter Parker is basically both. Tobey's Peter Parker probably wasn't, though.

Exactly
People who think that superhuman strength is ok, but organic web is too unrealistic are legit autists.
Organic webs fit the character more, he was supposed to be a regular nerdy teenager who acquired superpowers, not a genius teenager with superpowers.

Fucking Raimi at it again.

Spiderman can overhead press 20 tons and has precognative abilities. Organic web shooter are not much of a stretch.

His main power has always been spidey-sense. There's no kind of device that can give him that

Makes more sense than a random teenager developing web technology from scratch

>Organic webs fit the character more, he was supposed to be a regular nerdy teenager who acquired superpowers, not a genius teenager with superpowers.
But Peter was literally always supposed to be a genius. What continuity are basing this on? The Raimi films alone?

It's the best Spidey timeline, fuck webshooters

It makes sense that organic web making capability would be part of the spider power package. I prefer it being organic personally but I can appreciate that people prefer the web being the result of his genius.

I just like the regular nerd getting spider powers angle.

It's a fun movie about a kid who becomes a superhero. Why would I care?

If Peter was a genius why doesn't he patent his spider fluid and become a billionaire?

>get bit by spider
>gain all the powers of a spider
>except the one that nearly defines them as an organism
Web shooters are fucking retarded. It should have been organic in the comics too.

>not a chemical and mechanical engineer.

He's Marvel smart. In the comics, he was a high school student but invented the super strong web fluid with a home chemistry set. He also designed and built his web shooters by himself in a single evening in his room. He's supposed to be incredibly gifted, even by Marvel standards. In the comics these days, he's said to be around as smart as Tony Stark.

>not a genius teenager with superpowers.

Actually he literally was supposed to be a genius kid with superpowers.

Here's what Stan Lee says about mechanical web shooters:

youtube.com/watch?v=dyOaj66tx_k

Everyone would learn his secret identity, putting his loved ones at risk.

All I wanted was for him to shoot it outta his asshole. One job Stanley.

>wealth and fame, he's ignored
>action is his reward
>to him
>life is a great big bang up
>wherever there's a hangup
>you'll find the spider man

Because he'd rather use it to fight crime because that's in his character?
He's a bit more naive than, say, Iron Man.

>Why did he decide to become "spider-man" at all?
The fuck is this question?
He didn't just "decide" to get his powers.

Godly digits/godly post

The Raimi movies were really the first and most influential exposure to Spider-Man I personally had so they were the norm for me. I felt kind of disappointed when I saw Peter making his own web shooter in TAS. To me gaining the ability to make webs is like half his power.

>Why did he decide to become "spider-man" at all?

In the comics, his original plan was to use his powers to make money. So, he went to a wrestling competition. He easily beat the wrestler, and took the money. However, a thief came by and stole some of the bookie's cash. When the guy prompts Spider Man for help, he simply says that he's too famous to deal with problems like that now. Later that night, his Uncle Ben is shot. Peter tracks the culprit, and it turns out to be the same thief he let go at the wrestling match. After that, he realizes that with great power comes great responsibility so he decides to use his powers to help people.

I'm sure he could keep his loved ones safe with a few billions, and he'd definitely stop more criminals if he was a billionaire.

Guys like this...

You could say the same about literally all superheros.
Superheros are a manchildren fantasy, instead of using their powers smartly they just wear a costume and beat the shit out of delinquents, they don't pretend to be intelligent histories with well-woven narrative and characters, they're just mindless escapism.
Don't look too hard for coherency and logic, mechanical webshooters were that way so the intellect of Peter had any relevance at all.
In the Raimi movies you know Peter is smart because people tell you so, but he acts like a fucking retard and has nothing to show his intellect.

Guys like this what?

With how much web Peter uses, pressurized cartridges make a lot more sense than silk glands in his arms.

Ignore they don't read comics.

Peter tried to take his web formula to a glue business, showing all amazing properties it has. They laughed him out of the building because it dissolves a couple hours later. This was somewhere in the first 5 issues of the original Spider-Man.

Explain movies... in depth

Feels like semen

Tell me. What about Spiderman makes sense?
Why is everyone obsessed with things making "sense" nowadays anyhow?

I read comics, I just haven't read literally every comic.

Mechanical web shooters sell more toys, just rebrand silly string and you have easy millions in sales. That's why everything has to be so fucking gadget-y nowadays, so they can sell poorly made plastic replicas off it to kids and autists.

That's stupid. A super strong glue that dissolves in a few hours would have a ton of uses.

He is book smart you fucking autist. Him being an inventer with superpowers is stupid. The movies are about the sacrifices one must make to do the right thing.

The comics were made to sell shit to 8 year olds.

suspension of disbelief only goes so far

Your argument is basically "Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible couldn't really fight all those henchmen, why should his character need a parachute to jump out of a plane?" Just because one larger than life thing happens in a movie, doesn't mean all of what your know commonly or all of physics jumps out the window.

I accept Superman can fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes, but reversing the spin of the earth to time travel is still nonsensical.

I don't think Stan Lee was thinking about merchandising when he wrote that Peter makes his own web shooters.

This, he also can't patent it without revealing his identity.

Probably not, but it was definitely what Di$ney was thinking about.

You don't get to define the character, the ones that invented him do.
He was a genius capable of making mechanical web shooters, that's canon, that's real.
>The movies are about the sacrifices one must make to do the right thing.
>The comics were made to sell shit to 8 year olds.
If you think the movies weren't made to get mad cash you're a fucking massive retard and I can't believe i'm wasting money with someone as fucking dumb as you.

>1960s
>Not thinking of selling x-ray glasses and silly string garbage to kids.

Stan Lee is a Jew hack.

>Wasting money
I don't know about you but I'm on the clock getting paid to shit on your autist comics.

Better than hmo desu.

I don't disagree, but you're focusing on such a minor point I was making. I'm just saying, the entire idea of spiderman is incredibly ridiculous so to think that a person can... somehow shoot webs out of their wrist or react to something before it happens is inconceivable. I've always been the asshole who points out flaws of logic in movie, but I realized that your window of enjoyment shrinks to such a small amount of content and I've always been an "all or nothing" kind of person so I'd rather just not bother myself with overthinking a fictional idea. Still doesn't change how I feel for stupid shit like superman turning back time, but infinite arm web isn't that annoying of a concept

>but infinite arm web isn't that annoying of a concept
for you

But not for glueing meathead

Why doesn't he find another company to market it too? He's smart, so he should be able to find one.

Maybe as a non-leathal weapon. Which it is used for any way

is this real?

I like them, makes more sense I guess.

Stan Lee said he wanted organic webshooters, but people at the time were grossed out by the idea, so he scrapped it.

He likes the organic shooters in the best spider-man films. (Sam Raimi)

Now you don't need to follow the creator, and can like whatever you want, but I personally think it's justification in that this is the true spider-man.

Based DiCaprio

Organic webs is more believable than Peter being some special snowflake intellectual who somehow manages to get the resources to continually create a seemingly infinite amount of web fluid.

Because he was bitten by a spider...?

And guys like you need kids movies explained or you whine

It's fake. This is a quote from Raimi. Toby even threatened to back out if they went through with the emo Peter rape scene

Wow really strange that Stan Lee would stand behind the first ever Marvel movie before they became ultra popular and made him billions. Really makes you think.

Organic webs makes way more sense, and is better

It literally doesn't desu.

The web dissolves after a few hours. Stated in universe in the comics, the cartoon and I'm pretty sure in the MCU