Degeneracy mostly, lack of self-respect, you name it

Fashion trends change

the media

Why bother?

4 shit Presidents in a row.

because the civil rights movement and capitalism

those suits cost $300+ now

I know right?

Why didn't men wear slogan t-shirts and print shorts from the Khols like they do now? It's almost like they had technology to limit clothing styles and designs as well as cultural norms in place that would dictate what is popular

If you magically appeared in 1919 with board shorts and a radical cat tank top you'd probably be lynched for being a faggot.

Rise of individualism and it's market demand

Different technologies and cultures. The suits went from casual to more formal and business. The public took made less of a necessity to wear overly expensive clothing for public wear.
It was a way to signify wealth and people changed from what they were wearing to what they owned. How big your house is, how big your tv is, how expensive your car is. It comes from the need of a lot of people to seem above other people.

clothes are just tools we invented

During the industrial revolution, everyone suddenly could afford good clothes so everyone bought them and wore them. More importantly, clothing had not become ridiculously disposable like it is nowadays, so it was made to a higher quality. Clothing also had to protect someone on their walk to work.

Then the car was invented, and suddenly clothes didn't have to be so durable anymore as most people began sitting their way to work. Meanwhile, with the advent of outsourcing clothing became even cheaper. The average consumer began buying into "seasonal" clothing rotations, a thing previously reserved for the rich. This was done in newly made suburban Sears, Macy's, and JCPenney's.

Fast forward to today and there's no reason to dress formal when anyone can for $50. It just seems gaudy, like wearing purple.

Yesterday I saw some hipster wearing yoga pants and a xxxl shirt that was so long, it practically turned into a dress. I can't even fathom what guys will be wearing in 10 years.

Notice in this picture not ONE FUCKING FEMALE is out, their broke ass is at home cooking M8

allies victory in 1945, that's why

I would dress in a suit everyday if I had Autism. However I do not. So I just dress nice for the current standards.
>collared shirt tucked in
>Jeans
>Belt
>redwing boots
If I could wear a suit with a vest and not look like a fucking retard I would. It is indecorous to wear that shit now.

I

>individualism
this is the ACTUAL cancer killing the west. Root of all other cancers.

People used to have pride.

Because people said the same thing back then too. Just look at the guys with the straw hats, they are low class traveling merchants as compared to those with high quality hats

Global warming

fair balance between individualism and collectivism is where it should be at

"Why do people dress so shit nowadays?"
>Sup Forums
>Politically Incorrect

>"Off-topic and Sup Forums-tier threads will be deleted (and possibly earn you a ban, if you persist). Unless they are quality, well thought out"

>mods on Sup Forums
top kek

I just dress like charlie sheen is that degenerate

But collectivism is what we are fighting against today with muslims, black, and sjws

If you dont dress like this it has nothing to do with autism it just means you're a poorfag

Why isn't there an updated version of this?

But those people in the bottom pic are so unique and expressive :^)

*tips*

climate change

socks = 20$
shoes = 100-150$
pants = 50-100$
belt = 20-50$
shirt = 20-80$
suit = 100-300$
hat = 30-100$

>socks = 20$

>Claims to not have autism
>tucks his shirt in unironically
>it's the current year

My outfit is just gym shorts and a t-shirt, $75 total

this

clothes went from being tools to accessories for the common man

welcome to canada

Because people stopped trying to please their corporate overlords as much.

Why is the fact that people dress how they like, instead of how others would like a bad thing?

Also, everyone didn't used to dress like that. People who could afford suits and wanted to try and form business connections outside of work dressed like that. The majority of people could not afford to dress in a suit for leisure or business.

only homosexuals are rich now?

Why should I dress all fancy and shit? So you can sperg out at me and call me a fedora tipper? I'll wear whatever I want, asswipe. Maybe if you want people to dress more "classy", you shouldn't shame them at the first sign of them trying to do so.

That does look pretty stylish. I would look fucking weird going to class looking like that though considering most people wear sweat pants. I also believe it is cheaper to dress nicer. I kept buying these shit quality amazon boots that would last like 2-3 months because I walk 5-7 miles a day. My redwings have lasted me a year, I just have to go to a cobbler to get the sole changed. My wool sweaters have lasted for years. I have tshirts that have been ruined after a year. Wool socks last longer than cotton socks. Quality is more expensive but its durability is better.
Keep in mind I only own like 7 total outfits because I only buy things as needed. So I own two pairs of jeans and wear them until they rip or whatever and buy a new pair. If there was a pair of 300 dollar jeans that were guaranteed to last 2 years I would buy them. I have also started only buying American things because of my xp with my Red wing boots so stay tuned.

>Why don't we devolve the tailor industry back to what are essentially uniforms?
>Why did art progress? Why couldn't every sculpture just be a Phidias ripoff?
>Wow, this book doesn't follow the proper rules of grammar! Why can't we throw away literature and go back to heroic epic?
>Why do we need industry? Renaissance told me ancient people lived in paradise gardens
>This movie did not tell me what happened, why is this allowed?

Eternal Sup Forums themes

>OP

>socks = 20$

Stop buying clothes at huge markups.
That should cost no more than 30 dollars even if you are wearing brand names.
Off-brand maybe 15 bucks.

If you dress like that your a faggot.

No, people dress the way their new overlords, (((the media))), tell them to.

Biggest group of try hards ever

Shoes are Nike

Without shoes everything is $20

Why, there are certain people that still continues to dress like proper gentleman.

>implying I'm gonna dress up to spend my day surrounded by niggers and faggots

Might as well stay in your pajamas and watch animee

posting kids with fedoras. what kind of idiot are you?

>considering most people wear sweatpants

So you do admit you're a poorfag or at least live in a shitty community?

You didn't mention shoes.
Even then man, you can find them for super cheap if you look in the right places.

>regularly wearing a vest or cummerbund
I understand men who wear hats, but putting anything between your shirt and jacket is too many lolz

no money

I plan on finding something online, but I won't compromise the shoes or formal dress wear

Why do people think niggers are cool?

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/trumpmustwin

>implying
women don't buy skirts anymore
this is the age of the yoga pants

The clothes aren't helping any of them. Only a couple of them look good and that's because they're already handsome, otherwise the jackets are fitted poorly and the hats are just ridiculous. Men's fashion should look good while also looking effortless, this looks like they're trying really hard.

If anybody was wondering, dressing 'classy' hasn't really disappeared it just evolved into the "preppy" style

>Implying (((the media))) has this much influence.
Maybe among teens.
I have yet to meet someone over the age of 24 who buys the latest fashions. Most people gain some pragmatism by that age, even here in the US.
I mean sure, rich fucks do, but who gives a shit, they are rich they can buy 150$ t-shirts all they want.

>Off-brand maybe 15 bucks.
You can buy a $3-5 shirt at Salvation Army and have it tailored for $15-18, so Brooks Brothers for under $25. Better than buying any new clothes IMO

Because we are told how to dress, and showed via the media what to put on. Dur, if it were people were brave enoughn less sheepish im sure you'd see people dressing how they life, but everyone is scared of judgement.

Eh, perhaps in Merka. Most people here still have button-ups and khakis.

Any particular reason you chose a Boston pic OP?

I always wear my best suit when I go to Chipotle.

I bet the guys got great big peckas or sumthin' tss tss

No those are just retarded collectivists. Not collectivism, the philosophy, as an opponent.

KEK, college has all sorts man. You know they let niggers in now? I am middle class though, I am not ashamed of that. I am also frugal so I have no debt but that means I have to be careful with muh shekels.

the only people I see in gym shorts during the day are rich people who can afford to work out during lunch. in other cities in the same state I see people wearing sweatpants in public

Very funny faggot, ill use my sword and kill you

>not being concerned about a blow out

>Literally everyone in this thread.

>tips fedora
im sure you dress "class"

The suit is a dinosaur. Jewish tactics keep it alive

Not me, you Aussie piece of shit. I'm not dumb enough to try to be "le sophisticated gentleman". OP is either a legitimate "traditionalist" autist, or he is trying to bait more people into becoming casualties of the fedora meme.

sick blog post man

There were no shopping malls in the suburbs. So people went into city centres and made a day of it.

/fa/ here
you are all idiots
fedoras were used to protect from rain and are actually very cheap
people still use hats in op pics
people still dress like in op
not all people from those time dressed like this most of these people most likely came from work or some shit
wearing that in a hot weather is suicide

Reliance on traditional values has waned, and people are realizing shit like how you dress is pretty much entirely superficial. As such most of us only deal with dressing nice when required; at any other time comfort takes priority.

>mfw i hit the powerball 4 weeks ago
>300 million cash value
>I will move to rotterdam soon
>spend my days getting high and getting drunk while walking
>mfw im always in a suite

lucky you
you should install a dictator in some shitty country in africa and get more unlimited monet from blood mines

you should do it soon before the chinese do so
China already bought Venezuela, Zimbabwe, many other countries in africa, El Salvador , and Guatemala

>Biggest group of try hards ever

Here you go OP.

A contributing factor is probably the "chip on shoulder" attitude. In a similar vein to anti-intellectualism, trying hard, being smart or making an effort have become commonly seen as uncool.

I don't know if you read the file name but that's fucking Milan. Probably not even just any part of Milan, but the higher end of Milan.

Try dressing like that in an area that isn't high end LA, SF, Paris, NYC, Tokyo, Moscow, Rome/Milan, et al., and see if you don't get weird looks.

lrn2context

fuck off Milo

Is it really individualism? I see everyone wearing the same t-shirt/jeans/sneakers with slight variation. Is it individualistic because you get to pick a special snowflake logo or saying on your t-shirt to your "unique indentity"? Kek, give me a break. Fashion trends are basically as every bit collectivist follow the heard as they were then.

are you retarded? individualism is where we derive all our western freedoms. Go read Plato's Republic you ignoramus.

this

95% of lottery winners end up $0 broke within 5 years time after winning. You're already planning to live the nigger life, no point in NOT getting nigger-rich and buying a house just for your sneakers.

is one of them a male??

Richfags saw how comfy poorfags dressed. Hedonism was always predominant in the upper class but they kept it secret, now they're open about it.

I have bought 5, 300k houses. When the cocaine will make me broke, ill sell the houses

And the funny thing is that collectivism always wins because its ingrained in human nature. The best solution is to have the best kind which is ethno monoreligious states

95% of lottery winners aren't winning a 300 million cashout

Clothing is ridiculously cheap now thanks to third world mass production. Those people in that old photo probably own maybe 5 complete changes of clothes total, including a actual set of Sunday best, so they few clothes they do have are nicer and more showy.

Who can tell with Arabs. They have been into the trans meme since forever.
>Pic related they all wear dresses.

My five year old Red Wings, still going strong after wearing it every other day. It's funny how the first time I splurged on a shoe/clothing item, it turned out to be one of my better investments.

Old style, unlined boots are so uncomfortable

Go to ll bean and get yourself a pair of comfortable boots that will also last a lifetime

Agreed man. Are there other American clothing stores that sell good quality shit? Brookes brothers or whatever is American made I think. I am thinking about trying them out soon.

They look like waiters at a gay bar