Why can Wolverine drink Beer but not smoke a bowl?

Why can Wolverine drink Beer but not smoke a bowl?

>DUDE... LIKE, WEED... LMAO.
Bleach yourself my man.

I don't know

didn't Karen Page get all fucked up on heroin?

They can have drugs in comic books, I don't think they want the characters to be a bad influence on younger readers (even if pot has become more socially acceptable and more legalized)

but why? people try to make hero's relatable by having them to do normal people things, why shouldn't smoking pot be one of them?

DUDE BEER LMAO is a big part of his character though and alcohol is one of the worst memes of all time

If beer can be part of someones character why not weed?

Don't they still have that comics code authority crap

basically a list of all the shit you can't have in a comic book

blood, nudity, drugs

The last company I can think of that still acknowledged the CCA was Archie and even they dropped a few years back.

Most companies have self imposed censorship against drugs and tobacco use now though.

>Blood and Nudity

yeah.... no

I'm serious, look for blood in a Marvel book. You'll see splatters but they're always colored black so that it's not technically showing any blood

Siege had sentry ripping Ares in half with blood and guts everywhere

I tired to think of comics characters that smoked pot

all that came to mind was Pepe and them

I know that dude, weed, lamo is a dank meme and all, but I feel like in some cases refrencing pot works correctly, it doesn't have to be the focus of the plot, but it can work. The only example I have from Cape shit was one of the early issues of the new 52 Harley Quinn book, Ivy and a few of the side characters are waitting on a side walk for Harley to arrive and one of the characters asks Pam about the kinds of plants she can grow, if I remember right he was about to ask her for a few buds before he got cut off. This works.

I think pot should be referenced just because it's popular. Not referencing it or only referencing drugs from a pro-drug war or addiction angle is simply bullshit. Tons of superheroes are teenagers and most teenagers encounter pot at some point

Sure is summer in here

Well for Wolverine it makes sense since he's a Canadian from the 1880s. He's been drinking and smoking cigars for over a century now and he doesn't seem like the kind of dude keen on picking up new habits. I'm sure he's tried it though.
I agree that having no characters who don't recreationally toke is silly and unrepresentative of real life. A character like Jubilee smoking the occasional bowl would make perfect sense.

>we'll never see Sam, Kamala, and Miles break up a drug trafficking ring in space
>we'll never see Sam high on Space Weed
>We'll never have Kamala freak out off a second hand high
>we'll never have Miles as the strait man telling his teammates that drugs are bad

Drug Culture is just as bad as PC culture

Because cigerrete companies didn't play ball with Congress like beer companies.

even well-behaved black kids smoke weed
I more miss what Vertigo did where everyone was dropping acid and shit. I guess writers these days aren't really into that stuff as much.

FUCK WEED

I would unironically love a comic that's just Miles, Kamala, and Sam going on a burn run through space.

t. police officer

Hey lets fuck dude

I SAID LETS FUCK

Wolverine seems like more of a drinker than a stoner. Someone like Nightcrawler is more likely to be a pothead.

how

Because people who are highly motivated and physically active don't smoke weed.

Is this bait?

Comics (at least Marvel and DC) can't show any kind of smoking, their adult line not counting. I am pretty sure they still can't show werewolves and some other monsters.

That is because the USA is a puritanical hellhole and does not give a shit about the freedom of the arts and never has.

Man, his country is two Europes sandwitching some kind of sick Kongo/Balkan Hybrid Wasteland.

Michael Phelps.

All this really does is remind me that to this day it's stupid as fuck that all smoking was banned from Marvel because Quesada's dad died of lung cancer.