What's the best episode of BTAS and why?

What's the best episode of BTAS and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Veju4PxhuGc
youtube.com/watch?v=avzyhROCCSI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why was robin in the first episode then MIA for like the next 100

lets get his out of the way.

dubs of truth

/thread

All episodes with Killer Croc are god-tier.

The one where Harley and Ivy have a girls night out.

fuck you Sup Forumsmblrina

this guy got it right.

Always a popular choice, but this is my personal favorite.

Fight me.

No, fight me?

Speaking of BTAS, I'm about to watch pic related for the first time. What am I in for Sup Forums?

Overrated mediocrity.

The true and authentic origin of the Batman.

My personal Favorite is Baby Doll

The one where Scarecrow traps Bruce (I think it was Bruce) it a nightmare where Babs dies, Gordon learns she's Batgirl, and the police go on a manhunt for Bruce.

It's ok but just feels like a long episode, and not one of the GOAT ones

Baby Doll's episode. It's just so emotional and amazing. Too bad they ruined Baby Doll by having her reappear again later.

Mad Love is also great.

This. It's not as good as everyone says it is.

The best Batman movie.

I think the former kinda, honestly.

There's good bits, but it's also revered as this perfect Batman story and I don't really think it's that, just a good one.

It throws in this character that's played up to be the love of batman's life and super important to his character, but this is the only time she ever shows up (aside from her appearance in Terry's origin story which I have to admit is a really good reference)

Christmas with the Joker

I'm not sure there was an episode I didn't like in Batman TAS.

fite me irl fgt

Posting the correct answer. Because it's a Batman version of The Spirit.

I'm pretty fond of Harlequinade Harley Quinn's Holiday.

The Phantasm's true identity is Taskmaster

oh look I agree

No, it's the Reaper.

Are you one of those people who doesn't get jokes?

thats ok its a really good homage to adam west
he might have been silly and campy to modern audiences, but he introduced a whole generation to batman, it laid the foundation for future installments of batman from a legion of fans inspired by the original run

it even made an effort to show his detective side, even though they were forced into "bat deduction" due to time and budget

Maybe. Post a joke.

You don't actually need me to tell you that I wasn't being serious when I said that the true identity of Phantasm, a DC character, was actually Taskmaster, a Marvel character, do I?

So that is a joke?

Okay, you're clearly pretending to be retarded at this point, but just so you know, you don't need to.

My personal goat episode.

Though Jokers Favor and The Man Who Killed Batman are pretty high up there, along with Heart of Ice and Two Face.

I liked the one where the badguys are playing cards sharing stories abot batman and then Killer Croc is batman in a Croc suit.

so wheres the stream

1 Beware the Gray Ghost
2 The Man Who Killed Batman
3 Joker's Millions

Mask of the phantasm was great until the joker got involved. Like they had all this build up and then dump it. I'm still wondering how that spear went right through it

I love Joker's Wild and Heart of Steel part 1 and 2

underrated

Two face is absolutely my favorite. I love that it's a two part episode.

Over the Edge

Out of the bad episodes, this is the only one I'd call so-bad-it's-great. The concept is so off-the-wall, it feels like the writers were in an anything-goes, "why the hell not" kind of mood.

Except I don't think it's comedically abd, it's just kinda boring and "what?"

It's an episode that doesn't matter to anyone or anything, it's just fucking weird. Selina turns into a cat, but then she's back to normal so it's okay. It's just a big "well that fucking happened" moment with no real consequences, since Dorian never escapes prison and Tygrus is never like "fuck this nerd island"

I fucking love this one.

TMS animation with good action, really entertaining villain and clever use of his gimmick. That ending is my favorite in this whole show. I think it's objectively one of the best. From the moment Batman tricks Scarface till Joe Piscopo PUMPS HIM FULL OF BULLETS and then the final scene where Arnold is making a New Scarface and makes the scar in such a violent way. Powerful stuff. And then they put him in the one good episode with Catwoman in the whole show, written by Dini.

It should be very silly and hard to take seriously, and he kind of is in some of the comics, but they sold the Ventriloquist in this show.

I like how in his episodes Waylon's this cunning and tough motherfucker and when he's a guest villain he's just a mouth breathing moron. I'm talking about Trial, I do remember he's not actually in Almost Got 'Im.

All good choices. This show's highs were high.

I know it's not BM:TAS, but the last episode of the brave and the bold really moved me.

This show had an unique way of turning villains that were jokes in the comics in interesting and compelling characters. Mad Hatter, Freeze and Ventriloquist had their best incarnations there. Though they weren't able to do the same with Maxie Zeus.

As for OP's question, either this one or the second episode with The Riddler.

Mad Hatter episodes were always my favorites

just loved his /r9k/ feels persona in this show

This, or Joker's Wild.

The latter is a really fun story with Joker as the main character basically, and feels like it can fit in any canon.

Which are typically considered the bad ones? Are there any STAS or JL/JLU episodes that people generally agree as being bad?

Same, it takes me back to when I was a kid watching batman in the living room.

That, and this are consistently the regarded as worst in the series.

Wasn't that the one where Batman saved some homeless people?

>just loved his /r9k/ feels persona in this show
would not could not[spoiler...]could not join the dance
The Mad Hatter always gave me the most monstrous feels.

>just loved his /r9k/ feels persona in this show
Would not, could not...could not join the dance
The Mad Hatter always inspired the most monstrous of feels.

i was oging to say Heart of Ice, but thats always the go to choice.

instead i'll say that i had been planing on catching up with Arrow tonight, but will instead watch a few episodes of this.

The forgotten isn't bad, it's just fucking weird.

Batman gets taken to a slave camp somewhere in the desert FAR outside of gotham and forgets he's batman and leads a prison break. It's ridiculous.

It's Never Too Late, because it was about people and the mistakes they make.

I would rather watch either of those episodes than this one. It's fucking trash in every regard.

> You of all people have the gall to ask me that! You ruined my life! I was willing to give whatever life you wanted, JUST TO KEEP YOU OUT OF MINE!

I really also liked the one where it's just Ra's telling Batman about that time he ran into Jonah Hex in the 1800's.
The one where Bats goes to Japan was good too.

I actually don't remember this one at all. Batman met the Wolfman?

Fuck man, thinking about it and reading this thread, it would be way easier to say what everyone thinks is the worst episode.

There was an athlete who took steroids mixed with wolf adrenaline glands or something.

I genuinely felt bad for BTAS villains.

He starts taking wolf estrogen which turns him into a wolf. And Batman won't shut the fuck up for five seconds with his wolf puns. And Bruce Timm put electric guitar over Shirley Walker's score.

Jesus Christ.

To be fair Maxie Zeus is a hard fucking sell no matter how you dress it up.

There is not one redeeming quality for this episode. Even the animation is ass.

This thread has reminded me just how miserable BTAS was. It even ends on such a dark note.
Guilty, guilty, guilty.

This. He'd be more at home on Batman '66 with Egghead and King Tut.

>It's a "Poison Ivy tries to have a normal life with her plant family but Batman kills them all" episode
>It's a "Penguin falls in love and tries to adapt back into society but the girl was just leading him on for shits and giggles" episode
Ayup.

Man every episode that had Milo in it was just garbage. At least he is dead now.

>Mad hatter just wanted money to leave Gotham after his first fight with Batman

And didn't STAS end with "but here I am god"?

What about the other DCAU shows? Any outstandingly bad episodes in those? I seem to recall JL/JLU being pretty stellar in general.

Why was Christmas Batman so comfy?

>that episode of BTAS with Charlie Manson in it
youtu.be/Veju4PxhuGc

I'm lost. Wasn't the last episode a Bat-girl Cat-woman team up?

That and Dan Turpin's death. Both shows had pretty rough endings.

Last episode of season 2, yes.

The last one in Season 4 was the episode when Two face becomes a Judge Vigilante

Depends on if you count the New Batman Adventures as a continuation.

>all hope is lost
>things only get worse,instead of overcoming Two Face he literally gets a third personality that condemns them all
>children's cartoon

It falls apart near the end. the set up is great, the reworked Mr. Freeze origin is a modern classic. But Mr. Freeze is defeated by chicken soup. That said, I still love it, and the closing scene is near perfect.

I came here to post this, but goddamn were there a lot of contenders.

This is why It's Never Too Late is my favorite episode, it's not something you'd expect in a kid's show.
>Batman wants mobster to testify against his boss
>takes him to a clinic where his own son is being treated for being addicted to his product
>that scene at the rail-yard where he starts getting flashbacks to how his brother lost his leg there

>>children's cartoon
>Episode where Batgirl dies, Gordon discovers it was Barbra and swears revenge to catch Batman. Hires Bane to take him down, everyone dies. Luckily it was a dream

This one is a really great episode. You can call it from the beginning, but the characterization is fantastic, and Bruce's relationship to Harvey Dent is heartbreaking.

That was after his second.

After his first he created the perfect dream world so Batman could be happy.

I hated this episode as a kid but grew to appreciate it as I got older.

This episode is trash. Worst part is it was right after Cat and the Claw and Batman was adamant that creatures like Werewolves could not exist despite just fighting cat creatures.

Plus there were two Man-Bat episodes at that point too.

Speaking of Bane, I love it how he was handled in this. Strong enough to wreck Killer Croc, and still smart, most of the time keeping calm and collected.
>HOW CAN I CHOOSE?

It was really good, but her other episode, the TNBA one with Killer Croc, was terrible.

I seriously have no idea how the hell Batman TAS' whipping boy is I've Got Batman in My Basement when Moon of the Wolf exists.

Basically any episode with Riddler was top tier
>that labyrinth episode
>that virtual reality episode

The one with Etrigan also deserves special mention imo just for being different.

Actual if Mr.Freeze was as cold as he stated something as warm as 110 degrees Fahrenheit could damage his glass due to cold absorbing heat faster while it is still cold. Glass is rather unstable so shattering it with such a sudden change in temperature is believable and Freeze out right states that he can't live in normal temperatures so once that glass is off and he is surrounded by 80 degrees Fahrenheit... so yes hot chicken soup could kick his shit in

youtube.com/watch?v=avzyhROCCSI

I doubt his helmet was made out of plain glass.

I've Got Batman in My Basement is pretty bad.

It's remembered because even as kids it was really lame.