Zendaya confirmed as

MJ
thewrap.com/zendaya-spider-man-homecoming-role-reveal-mary-jane-watson/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uUWIQoa33q4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does this movie have the largest amounts of miscasting ever?

Whats hollywood's deal with no red heads lately?

Only insignificant internet whiteboys think that.
>NOT MUH-

It's a high school in Queens, New York, fuckheads.

If she doesn't have red hair, what's the point?

Dropped if true.

I honestly don't give a shit about any other cast member but MJ is a fiery red-head. This is non-negotiable to me.

It's an adaptaion where people like to see characters from the source material come to life on the big screen. kys diversity fag.

Lol calm down

Do redheads suddenly not exist in Queens?

>Where people like to see-
No, like I said, just internet whiteboys who need something to rage over this week.

>confirmed
I'm not saying this isn't something they'd do, I'm just skeptical as fuck

>MJ's Father is a abusive dickhead in the comics
>Zendaya is half-black on her father side
>The abusive dad is probably going to be black

Oh boy, if they do this we don't know if we should blame Marvel or Sony.

Reminder that Zendaya is half white. Hell I didn't even know she was part black till I googled her

Racism is literally the only reason to object to this movie.
And racists deserve to be bothered every waking second.

>Hell I didn't even know she was part black till I googled her

Bullshit, you can tell instantly by looking at her.

I'm black. For the good of the world, off yourself.

Like they give a fuck

Daredevil didn't have red hair

literally Marijuana.

Didn't Watts say she was playing Michelle during SDCC for an interview with EW?

No its not. A huge part of MJs character is that shes a fiery red head. Shes arguably the most recognizable red headed woman in comics because of it.

She looks latina

Don't even a little bit believe you, spaz.

>confirmed
Fuck you negro you scared me

Watch out everyone Spider-Man has jungle fever

WHOA WHOA HOL UP
>rumored to play Michelle Gonzalez
>two individuals with inside knowledge say she's MJ
>article written by Umberto Gonzalez
>Gonzalez
AH HA

Then continue being an autistic rage lord

No it's not. A huge part of Bolivar Trask's character is his height-

No it's not. A huge part of Perry White's character is his race-

No it's not. A huge part of Iris West's character is her race-

No it's-

youtube.com/watch?v=uUWIQoa33q4

Most people here go by the one drop rule

I disagree on every one of those except MJ. From a marketing standpoint it just seems really dumb. The red hair made her stand out and it always has.

t. Marvel intern.

Matt Murdock isn't characterized by his fiery mane since it's covered when he's a hero.

Mary Jane's long ginger hair is iconic.

What if she just dyes her hair red?

Ironically did ANYONE complain about when Bolivar was black, or a midget, or Perry was black?
I vaguely remember Irish West bitching.

Hahaha hahaha good to see Sup Forums BTFO

>Umberto
nah

>Mary Jane's long ginger hair is iconic.

and Murdock's isn't?

Thatd work then.

This would satisfy me. If she's half-black coolio but dye the hair scarlet and keep her name 'Mary Jane'

>And assuming she can pull the look off well, Johanson's wig looks a little odd on her at times.

No. It's virtually indistinguishable from Jimmy Olsen or Wally West. What's iconic about Matt is his shades, not his hair.

MJ's hair is unique in a way that doesn't just look the same as either Jean's or Natasha's, it's practically her super-hero symbol.

Not entirely. What's iconic about Murdock is being daredevil and being blind. Mary Jane is known as just Mary Jane. She doesn't really have a stand-out personality or character so her appearance is practically what makes her Mary Jane.

It's okay because this version of Spiderman has to be gay. How can a character be WHITE this day and age without something else to diversify him?

So she's Mary Janeequa now?

Yeah, it's gonna be anudda Ghostbusters.

>dyed hair

Yeah, no reason why she can't pull off a Rihanna. Zendaya would look even better with it, probably.

Every day we stray further from God's light.

I complain about Perry, Iris, and Bane. At least Perry isn't an important character, but Iris? Come on.

Not surprised, there's just no skinny white girls in Hollywood for them to choose from.

Eeeeeh. It's doable, maybe if it were straightened out too, but I'd prefer her more than being a brunette.

>God

good thing this is marvel or people might be upset

kek
this

The better question is will she be hot enough in 4 years to be considered a super model?

>Mary Jane
>Skinny

Shes got big ol tits

>hot enough in 4 years to be considered a super model?

It'll probably be some modern day progressive anti-body shaming type modeling

>Movie where for the first time they're.using a love interest that isn't MJ or Gwen
>Whole cast of Peter's friends has been revealed yet people think Michelle must still be a codename
>Described as "dry and awkward"
>"people close with the project"

Sup Forums is finding something to get triggered at

Took me a moment to realize this wasn't supposed to be a reference to BTTF where the picture of Marty and his siblings was being erased. Fuck you.

I'm cool with this and basically expected that.

Zendaya is gorgeous and, along with Holland, look much more like high school students than Maguire and Dunst previously did.

Secondly the real life relationship between the two based on instagram videos looks natural (and they seem to be having legitimate fun together), which translates into more natural chemistry on the screen.

I'm a bit off-put by the lack of red hair at the moment, but I imagine she'll have it dyed by the namesake. inevitable homecoming dance at the end.

So, yeah, no big deal here!

>making another white character a non-specific darkie AGAIN
>making Mary Jane Pete's high school friend AGAIN

fuck everything. I'll see you niggers in 20 years.

Lately? It's been going on for a while. They really hate gingers.

>le white boogeyman
you know 8ch has a Sup Forums for leftists

You guys are getting trolled she's chat.

>>"people close with the project"

If you don't leak anonymously, you break the non-disclosure agreement and get sued out the ass by hollywood execs

I'll agree with this just to see the outrage. Watching both extremes being sjw or racist get triggered makes getting on social media that much better

He kinda did.

So she's gonna have to get fat?

I wouldn't hate that, but why would they change her name?

No. People recognize her for her red hair but in the comics it's not
> I'm mj the firey red head

And if you write a clickbait article where you're conveniently allowed to not disclose a source you get lotsa clicks and money with no sweat

OP here

If I knew Umberto now wrote for the Wrap I wouldn't have even posted this

Iris West was never very iconic in terms of design. In the times when MJ was introduced, Redheads were considered a rarity and a minority, especially if they were Irish. That's why Jimmy Olsen was a big deal.

Nothing will make me more or less excited for this movie until regular people who aren't shills or critics see it and I can get their opinion.

What. That's been her thing in comics forever. From Peter, to the Fantastic 4, hell even in the new Iron Man book. Shes always the fiery red head.

Less upset about being black and more about it being Will Smith. He wasn't even bad in the role but they made Floyd too likeable

so according to El Mayimbe Zendaya is playing MJ?

Even after we got set picks showing what Zendaya looks like? Purple streak and all?

Not buying this at all.

Chris Pratt is a redhead

Zendayas snapchat for the past few days have been hanging out with the cast of homecoming, they all are great together so I'm not worried about her in the movie

Nah. Read a comic faggot

Red heads are a small minority and are not considered especially attractive.

This boggles my fucking mind.

You know what the first thing you notice about Mary Jane when you look at a picture of her? The colour of her hair AND the colour of her SKIN

Why are you acting like race doesn't matter? It's just as important as the character's nationality, age, height or body type. If an actor playing Mary Jane is not white, she is a bad fit for the role.

>black person
>"WHAT THE FUCK HER HAIR'S NOT EVEN RED"

Uh, didn't notice the purple streak. That confirms it then. If she really was MJ they would've made it red just to at least pay homage to her real design

if anyone has read the leaks, MJ shows up at the end of the movie and is introduced to Peter by Aunt May.

Lmao mcufags trying to say she was Michelle or some shit

fucking Sup Forums is leaking again, go back to your racists safe places

Kek says the stupid fuck that clearly doesn't read comics

She could've dyed it.

It's like every character that had red hair is being phased out.

As a ginger, that shit bothers me.

Okay.
I really have no expectations for this movie
Maybe it'll be mediocre, but get praise because MCU
Maybe it'll just suck but make a lot of money because kids love Spider-Man
I honestly know nothing aside from that I will hate it no matter what
I mean, the costume is good, so there's that?

How are there so many of you on Sup Forums? Is reddit having some sort of raid that I don't know about? You people are all over the fucking place today.

Sup Forums doesn't have a monopoly on not wanting to kill all white people, you know.

They get plenty of work outside of capeshit, there's just not that many of them.

>All the SJW are waking up
>You would be considered a racist if you objected the cast of a Chinese transgender muslim Peter Parker

How about you open your eyes and notice that every WHITE character is being phased out.

Can I get an actual source, that isn't based purely on hearsay?

hey you're forgetting

they made Lois Lane a transginger

>you people