Robert E. Lee: Confederate General

What is Sup Forums's opinion on this man? Did he do good things? Did he do bad things? Was he a good leader?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UAJFzKEjojk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Robert E Lee was probably one of the greatest generals to ever live. His only mistake was Gettysburg really. He should have never launched a campaign into the north after victory in the woodlands. He didn't need to. All he had to do was secure the potomac and begin a siege or March upon washington.

Also losing Sherman was devastating to his own morale.

based as fuck

Yes, he was a great man, even if you don't like the south. He joined the war so that he wouldn't have to fight his neighbors, not because of racism like liberal revisionists say. Honestly most southerners (read: poor white men) fought in the war, because endings slavery would negatively effect them, even if they didn't have slaves. Furthermore look at what has happened since the war; the south has some of the poorest economies in the entire country, partly due to the fact that radical republicans butt fucked the region during reconstruction.

It's incredibly sad to see statues of this man torn down and to see his name removed from buildings, because 'Muh Slavery!'. He was a respectable, honorable man and an excellent general.

Pic somewhat related, author shows much of his character without liberal bias.

Loser Sup Forums get in here.

DIEU ET LES DAMES

The forbearing use of power does not only form a touchstone, but the manner in which an individual enjoys certain advantages over others is a test of a true gentleman.
The power which the strong have over the weak, the employer over the employed, the educated over the unlettered, the experienced over the confiding, even the clever over the silly--the forbearing or inoffensive use of all this power or authority, or a total abstinence from it when the case admits it, will show the gentleman in a plain light

The gentleman does not needlessly and unnecessarily remind an offender of a wrong he may have committed against him. He cannot only forgive, he can forget; and he strives for that nobleness of self and mildness of character which impart sufficient strength to let the past be but the past. A true man of honor feels humbled himself when he cannot help humbling others.

Also, now that you mention Sherman, don't you just love it how liberals brush over how he burned down like, a third of Georgia during his march to the sea, slaughtering thousands and devastating the state's infrastructure? But no, he fought 'to end slavery' so he's alright.

His strategy was doomed to failure. A defensive war drained the South's manpower and munitions, both that the Union had despensible amounts of. He never fought to win. He fought because he couldn't bear invading his homeland. The Confederacy should have put a real Southerner in command of the Army of Northern Virginia - someone that had real offensive tactical ability. He's just a Virginian.

If you have ever read his biography, you understand was a great man. He was trying to keep his men safe and alive. I put a rose on his statue every Jan. 19.

Sadly, he was part of the deep state. Freemasons.

He should've cast in his lot with Lincoln instead of Davis.
Great general, picked the wrong side.

The war was about TOTAL CONTROL. States no longer have liberty. Follow the Money.

Confederate General Robert E. Lee, however, saw the world of slavery from a different view. He said "There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery is an institution of a moral and political evil" In 1858. In 1866 he also made a statement that "All the south ever desired was that the union, as established by our forefathers, be preserved; and that the Government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." It wasn't a far fetched idea yet the people in this country then and still today are yet to grasp hold of something like morals, purity, or truth. But I guess that's where Confederate States President Jefferson Davis comes in with "Truth crushed to the earth is truth still and like a seed will rise again."

"Surrender means that the history of this heroic struggle will be written off by the enemy, that our youths will be taught by Northern school teachers; learn from Northern school books THEIR version of the war." Confederate General Patrick R. Cleburne 1864

Goddamnit Texas secede already.

Peek behind the curtain.

I don't think they are reaching for their pocketwatch.

Oh I like the South.

What a fucking loser

More of a man thank a yank faggot like you.

We still use some of his tactics to this day so that should answer your question

Based yankee.
Absolutely displaying awesome intellectual prowess with one simple post.

He was a good man
He didn't care about Slavery he fought for his state

I think he's a great man

>good guys lost
youtube.com/watch?v=UAJFzKEjojk

A very good man. A very popular man, too, even after the Civil War and in the North. Also, of course, a military genius.

And now I realize that every single history teacher I had was from the north, except for one Brazilian who liked to try and guilt us because the KKK had a presence in our town until the 80's.

History already decided that he's a loser. Anything else is revisionism.

/thread

Based. Didn't even really care for the Confederacy, he only joined them because of his love for his homeland of Virginia.

Do you also make an L against your forehead after you type "loser," leaf?

Compare the black unemployment rate then and now and you have your answer.

Biography recommendation, please.

This is going to be heresy...

He was a well meaning man of virtue, but he was a shit general. He relied on his subordinates who carried him until Gettysburg and after that battle the entire southern war effort was nothing but defense.

I don't remember which Biography I read, breddy sad. I couldn't recognize any by the cover looking on jewgle. This one is great-Maxims of Robert E. Lee for Young Gentlemen

>a third of Georgia

He burned down fucking Atlanta. That was 80% of the entire state's infrastructure, economy, political base, everything. He torched every part of the state that mattered and sent Georgia back to the iron age for a little bit

I mean the fact of the matter is he was a brilliant general

Explain your civil war please.
Was it really because of slaves? Who was Robert E. Lee?
Sorry but our schools do not teach united states history.

I have that one.

The War of Northern Aggression started when the Union (read: shits) decided they didn't like glorious Southern culture and their jewish overlords decided to indoctrinate the Northern man into fighting the Southern man in a war to "end slavery in the United States". This is not what they were fighting for, of course, but they were so brainwashed that they still believe it today.
Robert E. Lee was a warrior sent from God to punish the insolent Northerners and retain the Beautiful and Holy Southern Culture that still prevails to this day.

The United States were divided between the Confederate South and the Federal North because the South was primarily agricultural and relied on slave labor for its economy while the North was very industrial with large factories that relied on very cheap payed labor.

The difference in economies led to the development of different cultures and over time there was pressure from people called abolitionists who wanted to end slavery and were mostly in the North. Southerners were opposed to ending slavery because the Southern economy relied so heavily on it.

Eventually pressure from the abolitionists increased and the Southerners felt that their way of life, their culture, and their economy were all going to be destroyed. And so the South became the Confederate States of America and declared their secession from the USA.

The Civil War was about slaves, but also a whole lot more.

There were tensions that existed prior, but with the election of Lincoln and the passage of the Morrill Tariff, everything came to a head and the South declared its independence from the Union. The federal government said "Nuh uh!" and invaded the sovereign states of the South to quell a perceived rebellion. The South (for the most part) fought honorably, and then the North lets its warlord dogs William T. Sherman [pauses to spit] and Phillip Sheridan off the leash. It won them the war, so they write the history.

tl;dr Deo vindice.

he was a racist who hated blackpeople and founded the kkk, he should be removed from the history books

I see him everyday.

Go home, Akira. You're drunk.

Isn't Japan racist against Koreans?

>supporting a racist

you are dispicable

He's pretty good but hes no Stonewall

You need to up your Totoro game, Akira.

None of that is true.

>racist
Name one black country that is successful.

>founded kkk
Do you even Robert E Lee, bro?

With all due respect to General Lee, he was no Nathan Bedford Forrest, either.

Nice! I never really got into it until living the frat life in college.
Kappa Alpha. Our spiritual founder was General Lee. He also designed the induction ceremony, which is how we all knew he was a freemason.

One of his biggest mistakes was not convincing the south to not leave the Union. He was against leaving, but he lived in the South.

He was a great Leader. If he didn't fuck up at Gettysburg he possibly could have won the war for the South which by all accounts shouldn't of had any chance to begin with.

Sad part is Gettysburg could have been won. But everything that went wrong did. Lee was reportedly ill or suffered a heart attack during this time. Stuart (The Calvary) was nowhere to be found and Lee was blind the entire 3 day battle. Ewell's indecisiveness the first day who just recently took over Stonewalls troops after he died. The stupid charge across an open field that was 3/4 of a mile long to attack an entrenched Union position near the high ground with artillery EVERYWHERE.

That battle turned the tide of the war.

a fucking tard
>hurr durr i just marched my men for miles duuuhhh... i think ill charge them up a hill!
Stonewall "the man" Jackson was the brains behind the man and when he died Lee fucked up everything

racist discrimination is not a thing that is existing in Japan

Korea and Japan have many years of friendship and mutual prosperity relationship

unlike American racist police who shoot black people every day, Japanese police has not shot any person in the past many decades

He won't be there longer if Big lipped loudmouth liberal blacks get their way