Home Movies marathon

adultswim.com/videos/streams/marathon

Who wants to get maximum comfy and watch some Home Movies together?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=85JyT-7z6ew
youtube.com/watch?v=inifLz_LqCY
youtu.be/8uaaF83eVig?t=2m25s
youtube.com/watch?v=ntXdGTuInxU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Somebody

YEAAAH

On the one hand I need to go to sleep and I watch this show no less than twice a week.

On the other hand, it's fucking home movies with Sup Forumsmrades.

Okay, how late we going?

Season 4 was kind of weak desu

Season 1 is the most underrated/comfy. 100% retroscripted and dialogue-based.

Season 4 was best 2bh fampai

"My mom has a fax."

Nah, Season 3 desu senpai. The animation improved significantly from the second season and balanced the Season 2 "more traditional comedy" style with a tad more of the retroscripting feel from Season 1, plus it had a ton of classic episodes.

Season 4 was a bit too generic sitcom-y. There were some geniune classics, but also some stinkers.

Season 1 is most underrated, no contest
Season 2 is best for characters, everyone has found their footing and is part of an overall story
Season 3 is the pinnacle for individual episodes
Season 4 is a slightly less good version of season 3, but with the greatest feels of the whole show (not just the final, either)

I've seen this show an uncertain number of times since it was first on Adult Swim. All I know is that there is no single episode I've seen fewer than 50 times. This entire show is amazing.

Personally, the first few episodes are good, but things start to fall apart in the middle (that was around the time in production where they were told Adult Swim declined to pick up Season 5).

That said, Focus Grill is a great ending. Perfect.

>Season 1 is most underrated, no contest
Personally Season 1 is my favorite. Despite the squigglevision, the dialogue-based humor is pretty good and really made it stand out from all the other network shows. It's the most relaxed season since it has less ability to cut to other scenes or do movie cutaways. It's definitely an acquired taste though.

I wish people could get past the squigglevision. If nothing else I would have thought Mitch Hedberg would be reason enough for most viewers to try it.

God what a perfect ending. I miss this show so much.

Wait, if they run these in chronological order, why did they skip to "Director's Cut"?

It's such a downer, but the final shot being the group all talking over each other about whatever is so fitting.

Absolutely! Apparently the regular theme music cutting in for the credits was a mistake and that sadder theme was supposed to keep playing. Personally I love it this way, it feels like it isn't actually over. I don't know if I could handle the other way.

That was the first episode shown on adult swim for some reason

>That was the first episode shown on adult swim for some reason
Yeah, it was the first episode produced by Adult Swim. But they bought the rights to the UPN 5 too and aired them back in 2001 after the final 8 first season episodes premiered. Since them, they've been included every time the show reran.

Maybe they're looping in the original [as] airing order

>Maybe they're looping in the original [as] airing order
Maybe, but that's pretty weird. As far as I can remember, even up until the last time the show aired, they did it in just straight order 1 through 52 including the UPN ones.

Shame since those episodes are damn good and really underrated.

Director's Cut is a classic though,

"WHO SAID YOU COULD START IT, BRENDON!"

Yeah, hopefully they'll play all of them

I never got that Christopher Cross reference before.

>tfw Adult Swim will probably never air Home Movies again
>a whole generation of kids, teens, and young adults know Jon Benjamin as the Archer/Bob's guy and will never see this masterpiece

Brendon's relationship with his dad is the most realest thing I've ever seen for a kid with divorced parents. I love the show, but I love the show more because of how they handled it. They don't even really make a big deal about it and that kind of relationship could easily be in a kids show, but I doubt it ever will.

Are there actually any divorced parents in kids cartoons? I can't think of any from the top of my head.

"What'd I tell you about the points!"

...damn, that's really sad

That very well may be my favorite episode

And they skipped right to the last episode of Season 1?

Also
>Fat Her
>Father

>Are you his mom?
>I'm his girlfriend
>She's just kidding we broke up
This show has timing broke down into a science.

Shiiiiiiiiiit

I feel like I've seen other cartoons with divorced parents, but I can't think of any, and especially none that do it so well

No one else can match it

>I'm not worried
>Neither am I
>That makes two of us
>I'm not worried
>That's three of us
>NEITHER AM I!
>Back down to two

They did a similar thing when they aired about 6 episodes of it back in Summer 2013. It went "Get Away From My Mom", "Director's Cut", "Brendon's Choice", and then Season 2. I think they were trying to phase out any Season 1 episodes since modern AS viewers probably couldn't handle the visuals.

It's so easy to see proto-Bobs Burgers in this show. A lot of the timing and jokes are so similar, and so much so because they use a lot of the same voice actors. So why did Bob hit it big while Home Movies flopped hard? Was it purely because of networks? Space Ghost was doing really well, even pre-Adult Swim. Its humor was pretty laidback, too.

Gonna post some of my own Home Movies fanart. I've always loved the show, I think it's one of the best things to have running in the background, alongside King of the Hill and Always Sunny. Super perfect to watch late at night when you're relaxing.

>So why did Bob hit it big while Home Movies flopped hard? Was it purely because of networks? Space Ghost was doing really well, even pre-Adult Swim. Its humor was pretty laidback, too.

Home Movies was ahead of its time. It was on a shit network that nobody watched, with terrible ads, and the squigglevision/retroscripting was too
'out there' for the average american viewer to "get" it at the time. I mean, when it premiered, Seinfeld had ended less than a year prior, to give context.

Normally fan art disgusts me, but your good taste won me over and your art is pretty damn good. Professional-tier stuff, user

The animation in this episode is really good. The character designs are fully formed and the squigglevision is toned down a lot, but still present. I kind of wish that had gradually phased out the squiggles over time, but oh well.

I love the ending to both the A and B plots in this episode so much

Which episode is "spaguetti time" ?

Wizard's Baker

>end of chronological run of Season 4, cycle starts over
>Season 1, Episode 6
>Season 1, Episode 13
>Season 3, Episode 13

wat

>Seinfeld had ended less than a year prior, to give context.

jesus

feels like ancient history

AS is remastering Home Movies in HD solely to reair the show again. ATHF is getting remastered too. It's gonna be for some "The Splat"-like block

Seriously, I go take a shit and come back 2 seasons later, what the fuck

how the fuck do you "remaster" basic tier animation

I'm into it I guess, but how would they even do it? make the colors more vivid or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=85JyT-7z6ew

South Park did it. They just re-rendered the original files.

simple. grab the .fla files, fit it into a 16:9 border, and render it at 1080p. S2-S4 are the only ones getting remastered, the Squigglevision S1 is getting a new digitization that will look much better than the previous attempt in 2008 (same goes for Birdman, Sealab, and AS-era Space Ghost)

that's cool, i guess

What are y'all's favorite Home Movies moments?

>Coach McGuirk at the library
>the "El Escapo" montage
>Jason arguing for points in "Director's Cut"

Who is the doctors VA?

I think my favorite moment is the end of Guitarmageddon

youtube.com/watch?v=inifLz_LqCY

I really like Dwayne for some reason so him getting his moment in the spotlight and hitting it off with Clarice and everything was nice.

So there's a Boondocks marathon tomorrow and Sealab on Saturday

We've skipped to the second to last episode. This marathon is 5 episodes long.

That's definitely one of the happiest endings of any episode.

I've never watched this before.
Anything I should know?

Wow, Peepopo's family history is similar to mine, except the family settled in Detroit.

Wait, have we started?

Eh, that's alright. I probably should be heading to bed soon. It was fun while it lasted. I hope to see you guys around here for the threads on September 1 and 2 celebrating the 15th anniversary of Adult Swim

We've almost finished, fampai. It's adult swim streaming a "marathon." and by marathon, I mean five episodes.

You're in for a comfy treat. You might laugh out loud, but mostly expect to just be warmly amused.

As Told By Ginger (Yeah, yeah I'm a boy and I liked that show... I think)

Anyway... Gingers parents are divorced, at least I think they are. There was a scene where the dad visited for X-mas and he gave his son a jar of peanuts to which the son replied that he's allergic to peanuts and that he could die if he ate them.

Is that true in real life? Can a certain food actually kill you if you ate them?

It might go over your head if you start now, or it might not. The animation is limited and there's lots of improvisational and dry humor, but it's generally on the lighter side of adult animated comedy. Also, DON'T watch the episode after this one. It's the series finale. However, do keep watching at ~xx:54 because that's a great entryway into the show and one of the series best episodes.

I meant to say can a food kill you if you're allergic to them.

As a fanatic of Brendan's, daily reminder that the music used in the Frankz Kafka musical when he meets god
youtu.be/8uaaF83eVig?t=2m25s

Would be used for the intro of Brendan's Superhero Space Rock opera over a decade later

youtube.com/watch?v=ntXdGTuInxU

The coolest thing ive ever discovered while drunk

...quarter for the bus...quarter for the bus...BRENDON...quarter for the bus

I don't mind the animation, reminds me of early youtube. Think it's pretty funny so far.
Since I'll stop watching after this episode, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me when the finale is done.

Yes, some people are deathly allergic to foods and peanuts are a relatively common one.

Now what season are we in?

can do. Just keep an eye on this thread.

Will do

They're showing the final episode again.

Season 4, series finale

They should run Dilbert on adult swim

I honestly thought it was an [as] original.
I've never even heard of upn.

I forgot that show existed

Damn, was Sup Forums BTFO before it was even a thing?

Alright, the finale's over

Finale's over

yay season 1 time

UPN was a really shitty and little watched network channel that (along with The WB) sprung up to try and compete with newcomers like FOX in competition with the big 3 (ABC, NBC, CBS)

Thanks, anons.

I guess they're just looping this handful of episodes.

This is pretty terrible as a cartoon and barely tolerable as a podcast, maybe. What is the appeal?

I demand a source otherwise you're lying your ass off.

Weren't they supposed to be doing something with the first couple of seasons of ATHF too?

>C'mooon only a hundred and fifty more buuucks... DVD PLAYERRRRR!

>ive got tiny little bug feet, i dont really know what bugs eat

If a show is nearly physically painful to watch and delivered with the competency of a fith grade play I don't understand why it would have such a following.

It's funny, the dialogue is very realistic and clever. It's comfykino.

Are you that guy who keeps making threads with that same OP image about how much you hate this show?

Accuracy, right here

>painful to watch

you have bad tastes and you should feel bad

t. that one autist from toonami general who constantly shits on Home Movies and tries to make it into a forced meme

Tell me, what adult cartoons are you a fan of?

Cartoons aren't for adults

That's an oxymoron

I only watch shows like World Peace and the Eric Andre show

nice b8

>claims to be an adult
>doesnt know what an oxymoron is

youre a manchild

Can we talk about how good of an episode renaissance fair was?