Anyone else worried this movie is going to be as bland as The Force Awakens?

Anyone else worried this movie is going to be as bland as The Force Awakens?
I know JJ Abrams isn't in charge of this one but it feels like there's too much shit to sift through from the last movie.

What hopes do you have for The Last Jedi?

it's a disney star wars movie, of course it's going to be bland

True but the director seems alright and doesn't want to incorporate as much forced bullshit as the last one.

>Luke was in on Kylo killing all his students to cement his "cover" to the Dark Side so he could bring down Snook
>Rey learns the truth and can't deal with her confusion of emotions and lashes out
>Kylo puts her the fuck down and then goes on a mission to destroy Snook

There we go.

>Anyone else worried this movie is going to be as bland as The Force Awakens?
I'm not worried it's going to be bland... I pretty much know it's going to be bland.
>What hopes do you have for The Last Jedi?
Zero.

It's going to be a bland Empire Strikes Back soft reboot

>it's a star wars movie, of course it's going to be bland.

ftfy.
It doesn't matter who owns it, the franchise is so limited it's going to suck regardless.

>Revenge poster Luke red sabre Vader blue
What did they mean by this

Luke briefly giving in to the dark side when he beat Vader

Worried? No, it's definitive and certain that it will be pure shit and luckily I grew out of Star Wars after TFA, I hope you can as well.

He literally forced a copy of the battle of hoth though. Every movie in the new trilogy is a copy of its corresponding original trilogy movie (4=7, 5=8, 6=9)

the fukkin KOTOR games are less bland than anything after Empire

>The guy who made Looper

That film started out with some promise and rapidly turned to complete horseshit. If that's the benchmark for quality here, it's going to be worse than TFA.

I don't understand, they have a fuck ton of money, why don't they hire actual directors like Tim Burton instead of these literal whos?

>Tim Burton
What, so he can add in Darth Depp and gothic characters?
Nolan could probably make it good though.

Even Snyder would probably do a better job than Rian Johnson.

I have very high hopes for it, the soul reason being that Rian Johnson wrote the script and is also directing. That guy is very good at what he does.

Maybe that's why Kylo doesn't mention or seem to hate Luke at all.

Fucking retard.

>I have very high hopes for it,
I wish i there to see your disappointment.

t. retard

>Even Snyder would probably do a better job than Rian Johnson
Johnson directed Brick, Looper, and 3 of the best episodes of Breaking Bad. He's a good fucking director. Not that Syder isn't good in his own way, but I don't get why people are talking shit about Johnson. Likely its only because he's making a Star Wars movie and everybody on Sup Forums hates Star Wars now that Disney owns it.

>put Snyder in charge
>entire movie becomes Jesus allegories with Rey

Rey is a Mary Sue because she is instantly liked, trusted and put on a pedestal by everyone she meets.

Han Solo wants her on his crew and trusts her enough to work on the Falcon. Chewbacca watches over her and rips off Unkar's arm to protect her, who also wants her for inexplicable reasons. Maz is willing to give her a lightsaber, and not just any lightsaber, but the Legacy lightsaber of the series. Finn loves her and his sole motivation in rescuing her is that he loves her. The major villains of the movie want her. Princess Leia hugs her and not Chewbacca when Han Solo dies, and personally tells her that the Force is with her. She inherits the Millennium Falcon, Chewbacca, and R2D2 when one of the three most beloved characters in the franchise is killed off. The primary villain of the movie, Kylo Ren, obsesses over her when she is his prisoner and is the first person in the movie to take his mask off to. Absolutely every single thing is handed to her and her competence and personality are never questioned in any way, shape or form by anyone in the movie.

This is what makes a Mary Sue. Not the fact that she has all of these amazing powers and abilities without even trying or without having been trained, but the fact that absolutely everyone she meets instantly likes and trusts her. This is the true mark of a Mary Sue, and it is due to an inability of a writer to create a compelling character. A Mary Sue will always be a stand-in for how the writer wants the fictional characters to react to them personally.

None of this can be refuted. She is a Mary Sue, and it isn't because she has powers and is a woman. It's because she is horribly written and to defend her is to defend bad writing.

Well yeah I personally hated TFA so much that I don't think anyone can fix Star Wars at this point. I have hopes in Johnson since he liked the prequels and even if the prequels aren't that great at least it could mean he's trying something new. But I don't like how he changed the position of the scar on Kylo Ren's face (only because Disney's excuse to delete the EU was the importance of continuity and suddenly continuity is not important anymore?) and how they are gonna remake the battle of Hoth in a way that's way more blatant than the battle from Episode 2 did it.

I'm so sick of seeing people bitch about him "remaking the battle of hoth". Rebels having a large battle with the Empire is going to happen, I mean for christs sake the name of the sieries is Star WARS because it revolves around war. Clearly many of the movies are going to have big battles. Unless they have a battle on a snow planet with large walkers battling flying ships, it's not a fucking remake of hoth, its just a goddamn battle.

Because they want directors they can control? There's a reason Disney hires no-names for Marvel movies.

This is why I'm really hoping Johnson shows her falling to the dark side, they made her way too perfect in TFA and gaining the powers of the force without any training or experience like Luke had seemed pretty far-fetched, especially with how she was able to manipulate the guards' minds so fast (which Luke wasn't able to do until Jedi at his peak).

Except that it is a literal remake of Hoth, complete with not-ATATs and not-ATSTs. Sorry but you are an idiot or a shill.

>everybody who disagrees with me is an idiot or a shill
go outside you fucking loser

we literally see land speeders racing across a white plain and Lego has proved there will be walkers.

It's just a "salt plain" this time apparently.

You are too stupid to hold a conversation. Maybe you belong in the star wars subreddit.

Which part of the 90s were you born in?

>land speeders vs walkers in a desert environment
>flying ships vs walkers in a snowy environment
>same thing

Again: It's a fucking battle.

How are there so many morons in this thread?

Tell me, faggots
What would a large-scale battle that ISN'T a "copy" or "remake" of Hoth look like? Please explain it to me.

The part called the 80s

The Battle of Geonosis.
Even the battle from Rogue One. Idk why I'm even replying, you are a fucking imbecile. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

WHO FUCKING CARES

>lmao brahs, why wont disney use powerful directors known for there quirky style while making their cookie cutter star wars remakes? I just dont understand

Fucking 90s born queers

It depends on if the 8th film is just as (((feminist))) as the 7th or not.

The director seems okay though, I enjoyed Looper.

My hopes on a scale of 1-100, are at 25.

>The Battle of Geonosis
THAT WAS JUST A COPY OF THE BATTLE OF NABOO
WHICH WAS JUST A COPY OF THE BATTLE OF ENDOR
WHICH WAS JUST A COPY OF THE BATTLE OF HOTH

Stop feeding the troll, people.
I guess I wasn't sure if making a trilogy of remakes was JJ's plan, Disney's plan, or both.

So you're suggesting he should have copied that battle? Then you tards would just be bitching about that.

So you're an idiot and a liar.

He shouldn't copy anything.
Are you mentally challenged or do you have some degree of autism? Seriously asking, no offense.

>Sorry but you are an idiot or a shill.

>You are too stupid to hold a conversation. >Maybe you belong in the star wars subreddit

>you are a fucking imbecile. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

>Stop feeding the troll, people.

I'm going to assume these are all the same person. You are honestly the biggest fedorafag neckbeard I have seen in quite a while. Do you not even realize how cringey you sound? You come off as a huge NEET wizard, my dude.

You're just a stupid fucking faggot user. Stop embarrassing yourself

>Stop feeding the troll, people
Explain to me how the Battle of Geonosis is not a copy of the Battle of Naboo, yet the Battle of Crait is a copy of the Battle of Hoth

Go ahead

I'll wait

>my dude
Fucking queer

Okay. Just sit there and wait, in some time from 1 hour to 6 hours I will come post your answer so sit tight and hold.

Great rebuttal.

You sound like a youngfag from reddit.

Does Disney pay this guy to defend their movie or is he just that autistic by nature?

>Posts like a faggot
>posts pictures of niggers
You need to go back.

Um, I didn't defend anybody or anything...
>calling me autistic
>what is irony

He's right, though. Especially when you ignore everything else he said.

They are copying the Battle of Hoth, probably not literally. For that to happen, you'd have the same plot. I doubt that is true.
IIRC, they attack a rebel base on a white planet. So yeah, they are copying those basic aspects. With the same vehicles.
As someone else pointed out, Geonosis is different. Shitty, but different.

Naboo:
>green planet
>natives vs droids
>shield generator defending against an army of Battledroids and their vehicles
>using electronic balls against the droids
>recycled Death Star plot by destroying the core base

Geonosis:
>orange planet
>Jedi and Clonetroopers against Battledroids
>using different weapons and vehicles because of it
>straight-up assault

It's funny how shills always sound the same on the internet. I remember back when Genysis came out that IMDB and Sup Forums were infested with people paid to defend the movie and the way they wrote and the reaction images they used were always of the same kind. It's so easy to spot you people.
And I really hope you are actually paid for posting this. Otherwise your stupidity is on the next level.

>He's right, though. Especially when you ignore everything else he said
I never said he was wrong, just that he sounds like an autistic neckbeard fedorafag. Which he does.
Although to address the actual topic of discussion, I think people who claim they are remaking the Battle of Hoth are either the butthurt man-children who ragehate everything Star Wars now because they got triggered by TFA, or it's people who are so dense they can't tell two things apart which have any similarity whatsoever.
As this guy was arguing
they are clearly different battles when it comes to the details. The similarities are that it is a battle between rebels and Empire (although now it's technically two different organizations so that isn't even a real similarity), and the bad guys are using large walkers. Those are literally the only similarities we know of at this time, and they are very far from sufficient to claim that one is a copy or remake of the other.

I love coming on Sup Forums because there are always a plethora of autists who are literally delusional and think I'm a shill. It amuses me that people like you exist.

I think it's better to call them useless homages, similiar to what TFA was. Basically copying many aspects of the original, but using it kind of differently. Makes it quite shallow.

>using the word man children, neckbeard and fedorafag
You need to go back.

>having any hope that TLJ won't be a huge pile of shit

You know you're no better when you're using sentences also commonly used by those people?

I can agree with that. From what we have seen it does appear to be an homage to Hoth, and homages are often shallow. But if it ends up being fun to watch, that's all that really matters right? That's the purpose of these movies, to have fun watching them.
Clearly original, creative ideas and stories are much more enjoyable to a lot of people, though. The original Star Wars films, and even the prequels, are much more fun to watch than TFA was, though I did think it was fun. Definitely shallow like you said, though. I expect that of pretty much all blockbusters these days, though.

Just stop. It's getting sad now.

Prequels aren't fun to watch at all. Fuck off and kys

>Prequels aren't fun to watch at all
You know what? Despite you being a flaming faggot, I'll agree with you on this. I should have chosen my words better. The Prequels weren't fun to watch, but the ideas were original and creative. On the other hand, TFA was fun to watch, but the ideas weren't original or creative. The Original Trilogy are the only movies which managed to be both original and creative, while also being fun as hell to watch.
The prequels missed the mark on fun, and these new films miss the mark on creativity and originality.

The prequels, dumb as they were, really expanded out the galaxy and made it far more alive. George ain't a good director, but his universe building is great.

Star Wars CAN be more than a small narrow focused film.

I love that revenge if the jedi poster. Have it hanging on my wall right now.

I just wanna see luke wreck that emo boy with his wooden stick

>Kylo stops being a faggot and acts more like caedus
>old dynamics come back (Luke has a son etc)
nothing I hope for will happen so im just going to hold out for games where I can play as a dark side user

>Tim Burton
He could legit make a cute horror movie set in star wars. just take the red harvest and add more gothic looking sith

I hope you get cancer

why? What is wrong with my idea?

>It's just a "salt plain"
So, they acknowledge the old SW fans?

Problem is it's too late. The damage has been done thanks to TFA and there's no going back imo.

I hope everyone who worked on anything related to nu-Star Wars dies

>Anyone else worried this movie is going to be as bland as The Force Awakens?
it's just a movie. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, OP.