youtu.be/nMR7zc-wOjs
thewrap.com/zendaya-spider-man-homecoming-role-reveal-mary-jane-watson/
twitter.com/search?q="Mary Jane"&src=tren
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You left out the most important part
>MCU
Which means it'll do great.

Betty Brant was always in high school.

pretty much this. I have my hesitations but I'll still probably pay to see it since odds are it'll be worth it.

youtu.be/nMR7zc-wOjs

atleast the costume looks cool

C'mon bro it's Disney. Say goodbye to all your money.

>>Non-redhead MJ
how the fuck do you know this?
you got any source?

because if this is true, then fuck this movie so hard

>Peter is Tony's Spider-Bitch
That is pretty accurate though. Peter is just a poorman's Tony Stark.

They just revealed the black chick they had cast is mary jane.

You mean that article with unsourced claims after they already revealed the other raceswaps? thewrap.com/zendaya-spider-man-homecoming-role-reveal-mary-jane-watson/

Sorry guys, it's all my fault. A while ago when they revealed Spider-Man in that Civil War trailer I got a feeling, a bad feeling about the whole Spidey movie. I was glad Peter was finally part of the MCU, but for some reason I didn't felt confident about Spidey at all despite him being my favourite super hero.

Now, reality is arranging things the worst possible way so the movie becomes a mess early, full of controversy and bad decisions so life can spit on my breakfast once again. I'm sorry, lads.

To be fair both Tony and Peter are a poor man's MCU Tony Stark now.

Who's playing Betty Brant?

At least it's not Amazing Spider-Man 3

Why not mentioned the biggest detractor.
The film was greenlit not even a year ago. They are rushing this film together for next year.

It's going to be another pretty good 8/10 Marvel film that the normies eat up and satisfies Sup Forums, but we'll keep shitposting about it until 2019 because FUCKING DIVERSITY GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COMIC BOOKS REEEEE

I'd take that over this, tbqh

It is most likely true given the fact that Flash Thompson is now a short wetback instead of a tall athletic perfection.

Feige's not an idiot, I bet they had the script written up a few years ago just in case they got the chance.

Oh okay, sorry

fuck you mother fucker
you tumblrina faggot
what was triggering marvel so hard that they didn't fucking cast mary jane properly
this movie is just another ghost busters and it'll flop so fucking hard

lolno.

At least this still has a chance to not suck. Aamazing Spider-Man 2 fucked all over the franchise the way Tr4nktastick did. It was unsalvageable at that point.

Although, I would unironically take Tobey vs Garfield one billion dollar movie over both.

At least ASM got the fucking characters right. This whole film looks like a fucking trainwreck.

A jock in NYC being a short but athletic hispanic kid(probably a soccer player) seems totally reasonable to me as someone who graduated High school in the NYC area in the last 5 years. There's a ton of kids like that. They all like bantz and alternate between ripping on people and earnest friendship and I thought the casting worked perfectly in that regard. I don't expect anyone outside areas like that to grasp that, but its one of those things that actually gave me an idea of what the movie was going for.

Well it's pretty much Guaranteed to not suck since Marvel Studios is involved.

Still, I can see making a couple character changes to differentiate the universe and appeal to diversityfags. But seriously? MJ being a red head is like her fucking costume, you dont change that shit.

And that means shit because the movie was fucking garbage and no amount of "right" casting can fix that.

That Zendaya chick doesn't look black she looks hispanic, but I don't know it's possible someone who looks like that could have the last name Watson

A bit of history most people forget, when blacks were emmanicipated after the civil war, many of them took new names, primarily European names which is why you have a lot of long-standing black families with names like the ones you see in England.

Personally, I don't care much about the names of fictional characters. They could change it to Mary Jane Margarita for all I care, I'm a Gwen fanboy anyway (except in the Raimi films for MJ was played by the wonderful Kirsten Dunst)

>but she's not a red head

They can dye her hair, it's cool

>Non-redhead MJ
Oh no how will the movie recover

When you put it like that it actually makes a lot of sense, I know exactly the kind of person you're talking about.

>implying marvel studios gives a shit about costumes
Look at Guardians of the Galaxy.

True, but at least those films were trainwrecks that at least got the characters right. This film looks like a trainwreck with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Why don't they just dye her hair? It wouldn't even look bad on her.

>zero?
>i'm demanding marvel sends me some of the faith i previously had in them back to me.

I dont know how to feel about this, ive liked what the MCU have been doing but as a spider-fag im very ehhh about this also peoples reactions on Twitter is apuling twitter.com/search?q="Mary Jane"&src=tren

>Well it's pretty much Guaranteed to not suck since Marvel Studios is involved.
Thor 1 & 2. Iron-man 2.

None of the guardians were particularly Iconic.

When people think comic book red heads 2 come to mind for most people. Jean and MJ.

If they reboot Xmen with an Asian Jean I'd still be mad.

They could have just called her something else. Hell make her Gwen, fake blonde hair on a darker skin chick looks more appealing than fake red hair (if they even bother with that).

>Marvel cares more about pandering than source material

how novel

>judging the movie as a whole and labeling it a trainwreck before its released, and fucking going as far as to praise the ASM franchise in spite of it because of some casting decisions
Shit, it even hasn't finished filming, not even one trailer out. I understand you're mad because "not muh redhead", but you're being unreasonably retarded. Don't bother replying to me anymore.

Please stop user

I got no problem with the casting but I have been getting skeptical of tweets like those.

I'm talking about in the eyes of the majority. I personally think Thor 1 was worse than Green Lantern and on par with Jonah Hex, that doesn't change the fact that most people feel that Thor was great movie.

>but I don't know it's possible someone who looks like that could have the last name Watson

A man by that name marries a non-white woman. There you go. One of my best friends growing up was named Richard Smith III and he was a chubby little Korean kid.His dad was a military officer who met his mom when he was stationed in Korea.

>most people feel that Thor was great movie
Is this true? I mean I actually like literally every MCU movie but the Thor movies aren't very good.

I guess Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and lot others aren't also iconic.
Marvel doesn't give a shit about costumes. Hollywood think they are retarded and so are the casuals who pay for this shit. Now moving into the race swap subject, if they can pander to minorities they will, it's the most popular trend in the USA after all.

>fake blonde hair on a darker skin chick
Shit nigga' it seems you don't remember Jessica "cry prettier" Alba.

It was a cute comfy movie.

Thor movies are forgettable as fuck for casuals too. It's safe to assume Thor 2 is actually a bad movie in the eyes of most people.

>Shit nigga' it seems you don't remember Jessica "cry prettier" Alba.

that looked good though

>Raimi spiderman had a terrible Spiderman
>Webb spiderman had a terrible peter parker
>MCU spiderman will have a terrible everyone else except aunt may

Not really. Dark skinned chicks with blonde hair look horrible.

>Shit nigga' it seems you don't remember Jessica "cry prettier" Alba.

That was the best time for Sup Forums, Sup Forums was so triggered by the interview I spammed it each day just to bother Sup Forums

>WHY DON'T THEY LIGHTEN HER SKIN WITH MAKEUP?

Because they don't give a shit about Spider-Man, you dumb fuck.

I haven't had faith in MCU since Age of Ultron. Literally killed it for me, especially since it was preceded by IM3 and Thor 2.

Everyone's been big on CW, but I honestly have no interest in watching it, even as a big Cap fan who read him since I was a kid. Nothing I heard about it makes me think anything but "commercial for new movies."

>dissing my spider nigga Tom
The guy isn't half bad in the role. The supporting cast looks like hot garbage though. I'm afraid this will be the movie that bursts the bubble.

Don't act like you know what you're talking about if you don't even know the name of the character.

I didn't say anything about skin. The actress has had red hair before and it looks fine on her. Why don't they just do it for the movie too?

Anyway else ever dislike Mary-janes design and feel that the swap addition of a minority cast is more realistic given that he's going to school in Queens, New York?

It's funny how the best part about Fantastic Four movies is the shit that's goes on behind cameras.

>that guy who said he was trank and claimed Kate Mara shat her pants

I'm going to keep replying to you unless you call yourself a butter-licking ice worm.

You know what I want?
Gwen Stacy to be black, and then all the fangirls freak out.

I know you didn't say anything about skin. Because you're an idiot. You didn't notice that cast a black girl as one of comics' most famous white supporting characters?

They don't give a shit. They could have cast her as a boy if they thought it would get more ticket sales. They. Do. Not. Care. What. You. Want.

Yeah I won't be seeing this.

Don't fuck with MJ.

why does Marvel hate MJ so fucking much

You still haven't explained anything. The red hair would work. Why not do it?

Yeah I feel exactly the same way. There's no white people in Queens, NYC. They should have made Pete Puerto Rican and Aunt May a Native American.

Idiot.

natural redheads are a more a minority than niggers are

wasnt dissing tom, i was saying everyone other than peter/spider was going to be hot garbage.
except aunt may. shell just be hot

What part of they don't care do you not understand?

They didn't even bother to make her race accurate. Why would they bother with her hair?

What does caring have to do with whether they give her red hair or not? I don't understand why you're bitching about something I'm not talking about

Mephisto's still pulling the strings.

Because to them her hair colour doesn't matter, just like her personality doesn't matter and her race doesn't matter.

Why would they bother giving her red hair if it's not the actress' natural colour?

190% rt

I thought he was a short curry?

Because it would look good. Why do you think they need to care to give her red hair? Just seems like you're letting the fact that you're upset with the casting distract from the question and I'm not sure why

There's no source for her being MJ

Watch it become the most beloved Spider-Man film of them all while you complain about it without even seen it.

I WANT SPIDER-MAN IN THE MCU

>it'll flop so fucking hard
>marvel film
>with spider-man
>in 2017

I can't agine being this ads blasted over anything.

underrated post

I genuinely don't see how this is somehow doomed from the start. Literally anything would be better than the shit Somy was planning.

The only people who could be honestly upset are the faggots that wanted 3 Spider-man films and spinoffs, so that Marvel could basically run an entirely seperate cinematic universe parallel to their actual superheroes.

Here, Spidey's a regular hero, doing regular hero things. He doesn't get special treatment, but he doesn't deserve special treatment.

By a click bait bullshit site and by a guy known to just flat out make shit up for hits.

Literally nothing is confirmed until Marvel or Sony says so. Stop being such a gullible cunt.

I don't get it. Aren't gingers pretty much minorities that get bullied all the time? Gingers would get bullied way more than any minority at the schools I went to. Why are all redheads getting BLACKED?

Holland is a terrible Peter Parker, you homos

>All the villains are linked to Stark/The Avengers somehow

Into the fucking trash this movie goes.

>attending public school

What...?

Black Cat will be transgendered

I don't know about that. Spiderman would normally do great, not because MCU, but simply because it's Spiderman... Marvel's most iconic hero.

However, looking at Amazing Spiderman, I don't think it'll be so easy to achieve success with this one, as people already have set several standards they want to be met or surpassed.

Will it sell tickets? Sure it will, just as any other superhero movie these days (hell, BvS and Suicide Squad weren't particularly great, yet they did well at box office). Will it be good? I'm somehow doubting it. They're forcing the Avengers too much on everything these days, whilst Spiderman needs an introduction just on his own, no other heroes involved.

The casting looks terrible, though I doubt that will prevent many people from watching the film, but it will definitely leave a bad after-taste (it already has made a poor impression) since the character won't look and feel they way they should, all because of this forced diversity.

Cindy Moon is apparently in the movie, too.

fucking source?

Tiffany Espensen has followed Dan Slott and Robbie Thompson.

Who knows...

I'm more concern about the acting and the characterization, I don't give a fuck about forced diversity or else.

MJ was a shit character on raimi's trilogy desu

Is this a good replacement for the all American, strong handsome jock character, Flash Thompson?

>Flash Thompson now looks more like Peter Parker than Peter Parker

Yeah, racism will do that.

Parker luck bro.

give him a clean shave and ditch the hipster glasses, some good acting might make it work.

>>All the villains are linked to Stark/The Avengers somehow
What?

Apparently the Vulture's suit is reworked from Chitauri shit, which means that EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER.

you realize the Wrap is a hollywood trade

>5'5"