Tfw watching shows like friends, seinfeld, frasier, etc...

>tfw watching shows like friends, seinfeld, frasier, etc. as a kid i legitimately thought that life in your late 20s/early 30s would be all about hanging out with your friends at your comfy apartment thats located in the big city
please tell me im not the only retarded kid that believed this.

I did. And I always thought I would acquire these friends at some point along the way.

>tfw no friends in high school
>tfw no friends in college
>tfw no friends in adulthood

>thought you'd grow up to be the show's witty lovable protagonist
>grew up to be the loser character who's always the butt of a joke

I'm 26 and still don't understand how you get friends

>please tell me im not the only retarded kid that believed this.

We all did user, we all did.
Even worst, society told me and all men of my generation, that if I studied and worked hard, I would have a nice house with a white fence, a pretty wife and wonderful children.
How naive I was. Once you realized that you were tricked it was too late.

the thought of ever owning a home in my 30's is like a fantasy now

You don't. It's all all a lie.

>tfw watching shows like friends,
Fucking faggot

>who's always the butt of a joke
god i know this feel all too well. no matter where i am, doesnt matter if its work, school, or with family i will always get shat on

Its easier with no friends or girlfriend

I never watched sitcoms as a kid cause I had decent parents

Try having images of high school being shows like saved by the bell and boy meets world. Then shit like columbine and 9/11 happens. 2001-2005 not a great time to be in high school.

I actually had thought that and had lived it for a while as well. I would say high school and late college years before my group hit the drama breakup bar. (think friends tv show, except there was 10 of us, 5 guys and 5 girls) It's been a real tailspin, since then guys are still chill but we just can't hangout like we use to timing and everything, work you name it. In the case of the girls I hear well passive aggressiveness still seem to work as friendship for women. All in all it was great feeling one that sadly didn't last forever.

also this

>An occasionally employed chef and a waitress can afford a huge 2 bedroom apartment in Manhattan

Yeah, right

but then why would i want a house?

The final episode mentioned that it had rent control so that probably helped.

I always say to myself though, we got off better than this generation will. I'm pretty sure their thoughts are searching for an never ending Instagram/ eceleb reality, different from actual reality.

It was a great time. Weird goth kids, wearing baggy pants, casual homophobia/racial slurs with no consequences, Tony Hawk games being the shit and sitting at the back of the class to jerk off. Sounds like you should've gotten good at school.

just bee yourself

>when you watch them as an adult and can only be reminded how your life will never be like that

holy fuck this picture is triggering my autism