Why do people fall for the "UG is bad" meme? Its not that bad

Why do people fall for the "UG is bad" meme? Its not that bad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ivl_Wj6zi9E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As someone who has watched Uncle Grandpa, I can safely say that it is bad. It is not UNIQUELY bad, but it is the same tier of bad as the rest of the garbage on Cartoon Network.

>Its not that bad
Yes , it is, I saw a lot of episodes that can confirm this

Because it doesn't have lore or charcater development.

Which is ok. There's nothing wrong with just being a cartoon, but Uncle Grandpa manages to fail at that too,

Because it's nothing

It's bad, but at least there was effort and love put into it, and I can respect that.

That alone makes it leagues better than TTG and nuPPG.

>>>/sug/

>It's that bad
No, it isn't, I saw a lot of episodes that can confirm this

The best Uncle Grandpa episode was written by SU writers

It's not horrible, just mediocre.

Guessing it's the character design.

Someone please post the UG drawing with him comitting suicide

>It's bad

But that's wrong.

It's the kind of show I would've liked as a kid but would now be embarrassed to have liked.

I didn't think it was bad
it was a entertaining cartoon
I enjoy it more than TTG, NPPG, and AWG

Those cartoons cater to young children to me, whereas UG feels like all ages can enjoy it

Art is ugly and reminds me of secret mountain fort awesome.

>Because it doesn't have lore or charcater development.

Basically this. Sup Forums's taste has shifted.

Yes, it is.

I love the art of both.

Because pete browngardt did the art for both user.
Love wacky or unique art.

You keep saying that anyone who thinks Uncle Grandpa is bad is wrong, but you haven't given any proper reasoning beyond "No, you're wrong, you're just wrong".

This never fails to make me smile.

There's a whole episode about how being fat is awesome and you can do great things with your fat sack of belly.
And then people get mad at SU and AT for pushing agendas.

Because Sup Forums is comprised of mostly autistic social outcasts that obsess over cartoons and funny books and can't comprehend the concept of opinions, choosing to view the opinions presented by the vocal majority as "objective" truths. Why do you think there's always threads were people ask "what do we think of this?" or "did we like this?".

Either way, I like Uncle Grandpa, it has some pretty funny jokes.

Uncle Grandpa is alright for a kid's show, though if I had kids, I would limit their exposure (but not disallow it), so as to not encourage a short attention span.

It might even be alright as a stoner show. I wouldn't know; I don't toke.

However, it really fails as a show for adults, which clearly isn't its target audience, so I can respect that. I just can't bear to watch it.

Because I watched it and I thought it was bad.

>no complex lore to follow like SU or Gravity Falls
>no emotional relationships like SU
>no anime references
>humor like TTG

what was there to like?

>no complex lore to follow like SU or Gravity Falls
pffffffttt
>no emotional relationships like SU
PFFTTHahahahahaha
>no anime references
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Good one kiddo.

>Its not that bad
Implies it's still a degree of bad.
It's like saying dog shit stinks but it doesn't stink that bad.

guys just don't understand humor for the sake of humor. they really need to relax

I like UG. It's silly and the characters can be really funny sometimes. I wish they'd air it more

I knew nothing of what Uncle grandpa was for a long time other than that the art looked annoying and the main character sounded retarded, so I developed an irrational hatred for it. Cartoon network wasn't doing a very good job of showing me otherwise either.
Actual dialog from the first UG commercial I ever saw:
>"UNCLE GRANDPA"
>clip with sound effect
>"It's UNCLE GRANDPA"
>clip with sound effect
>"That's so UNCLE GRANDPA"
>clip with sound effect
>New episode of UNCLE GRANDPA, tonight at 8"

Huh... but you have no problem with him saying TTG is funny...

Commercials for Cartoon Network shows are historically bad.

For 80% of them they take a barely funny gag from the show and loop it 5 times.

The other 20% is accidentally leaking SU spoilers.

not everything is perfect user,not even Steven universe

This

>being this angry about a fucking commercial

It's boring and every single joke falls flat.
That's all I need to dislike it.

UG will always have special place in my heart for referencing Emperor and GG Allin in a musical montage.

Always.

what if Uncle Grandpa truly trained Steven

Making this thread was a mistake.... I feel like killing myself because no one else on this god forbidden website likes this garbage other than me and I feel like complete shit now

>motherfucking GG Allin referenced in a kid's show
I think I found the thing to top KND's GWAR episode.

People judge it by the art style without even watching it.

Same with Clarence. By looking at Clarence's art you would assume its a show with nothing but gross out humor when its completely the opposite

youtube.com/watch?v=ivl_Wj6zi9E

I forgot they also reference Kraftwerk.

I'm genuinely curious how they manged to get all this shit onto a kids show.

Don't feel bad, everyone likes something "bad".
There's people that like Teen Titans Go, Steven Universe, My Little Pony, Batman v Superman, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Kill La Kill, Undertale, Overwatch, modern anime, modern DC and Marvel comics, playing any video game on PC, Tumblr, Reddit, nuPPG, etc.
It's alright to like bad things, nobody is perfect. The only thing wrong with it if you try getting into people's faces about you liking it.

>I like balloons

And the best steven universe episode started uncle grandpa

King Buzzo was on it which is cool.

wow thanks man I guess not everyone is shit on this website, kudos to you

>modern anime
You're saying that as if anime was ever good.

Did I say I was angry? I just said it told me absolutely nothing about the show it was advertising

he just looks hideous and not in a cute way

>Art is ugly and reminds me of secret mountain fort awesome.
Whoa now, there's no need for that, let's not say things we can't take back.

geeh i wonder why

same reason im never going to watch rbmy. the art throws me off too much to give it a chance

Because if the show had any redeeming qualities you'd be sharing them instead of hiding behind

>___ is bad meme

There's been good Anime like Outlaw Star, Astro Boy and P&Sw/G, now it's literally nothing but moeblob crap.
There's still a few of us oldfags left who don't act like shitposting retards for no reason and actually want quality discussion.
I'm curious what about UG do you like about it? Everyone, including me, is so busy hating on it, we're not listening to the other side. Go on.

Because Sup Forums only cares about shows they can jerk off too, added points if it has underaged kids like Loud House

I used to hate it before I even watched it.
Then I saw the Steven Universe crossover.
Now I have no opinion.

>Outlaw Star
Thorougly mediocre and forgettable.
>Astro Boy
Dumb capeshit.
>P&Sw/G
I think I'm going to throw up right now.

Lemme guess you like modern generic poorly written crap like SwordArts Online, Shituna or Random Shit Haram Show #8364087268764534658273645873264876345897234653356856?
Like I said nobody is perfect, especially not you if you like the above.

You see this post? A+ baiting and i'm not joking.

>Loved Chowder
>people shit on it and it gets canceled
>Love UG
>people always shitting on it and it'll inevitably be canceled
Feels bad, man.

People shit on Chowder? I thought it was liked here.

>literally nothing but moeblob crap.
Hey now, Jojo part 4 is airing this season.
I don't thing he likes anything made by "the slanty eye'd gooks"

>specifically say all anime is shit
>Lemme guess you like
How does it feel to have such a shitty reading comprehension?

Half of my friends, (who are all stoners that watch all kinds of retarded cartoons with me,) hate on it, and I've heard from multiple different people that it was canceled because it was poorly received, though that's just hearsay and I've never looked deeper into it.

Literally underage.
At least the other guy was baiting.

>Trusting stoners to have good opinions
Problem identified.

Being underage is liking anime.

>posting an irrevelant anime image
>spewing the word "bait' because this kid literally doesn't know any other word
Why are these cancers so typical and plentiful. Go comment on some LPer's Youtube video with you anime girl pic YT account.
I liked Chowder too, though later episodes were kinda rough.

Nah stoners are way more fun to be around.
They like everything fun and stupid.

It's why it always blows me away that so many of them hated Chowder. At least R&S I can understand because not everyone is an animation autist and the show was mostly just a pile of gross-out humor to folks who don't understand animation, but Chowder rocked.

>PEOPLE LIKE BAD THINGS LIKE [insert long list of things of varying quality that are guaranteed to get responses because you called them bad]
>not bait
Yeah okay good luck convincing anyone that you're older than 12 if you unironically think JoJo is bad.

Never met a non obnoxcious stoner to be honest. Either way Chowder was good and they are just shit with opinions. The latter seasons were a bit lesser in quality but i'd take Chowder and flapjack over any other cartoon of the time for the most part.

Relax friendo, just complimenting your skills.

Obnoxious, whatever.

>Never met a non obnoxcious stoner to be honest.
Well then you're either young and hanging around millenial stoners or you're assuming that when I use the word I'm referring to walking caricatures.

When I call someone a stoner I don't mean they're a 15 year old with a weed leaf shirt, chin stubble and a big hat with a tag still hanging off of it, I just mean "guys who smoke pot regularly".

>projecting
Listen only newfag underage shits like you like Jojo and only because of the recent anime. You know the series is over 20 years old aka older than you are right kiddo? Come back once you're old enough to browse here.

>projecting
Do you even know what that word means?

>Listen only newfag underage shits like you like Jojo
You do realize the manga has been around since the 80's right?

I suppose it's just the term stoner then. Pretty much everyone I know who calls themselves stoners fits your description or is otherwise someone who I really have no desire to deal with socially. I suppose there isn't another term that fits 'weed smoker' besides stoner though.

It's in the "conflicted" section of Sup Forums things.

>You do realize the manga has been around since the 80's right?
>You know the series is over 20 years old aka older than you are right kiddo?
>over 20 years
Typical underage Jojofag can't into reading as expecting, since they never read the manga and only got into the garbage series from the newer anime.
Just go kiddo you're embarassing yourself go cry yourself to sleep that a anonymous stranger BTFO you on a show about flaming faggots pretend fighting with imaginary friends and you only like the show because you're underage and are sexually confused from all the fags on the show

This is some next-level salt.

Yikes, I wonder what sort of person feels like this all the time.

> Sup Forumswarness

Might wanna tone down the butthurt kiddo.
is thataway, dont want you here on this site at all

>Is the one having a barneyfag meltdown over anime
>Tells others to leave

It really isn't that bad. It's watchable if not a bit annoying. I just think that UG as a character is pretty annoying. Pizza Steve is also really unlikable, and I get that that's the point, but it doesn't feel like he gets a comeuppance enough.

Still, I can see the effort and care that went into it, and I can respect it. For some reason I always kind of felt like the it was a poor man's spongebob in terms of humor.

yup, knew you were a ponyfucker cancer too, for some reason jojo and mlp go hand in hand
you and barneyfags need to kill yourselves, seriously faggot

>popular opinions are memes

people please
you're both just terrible

>he was Barneyfag all along

Anyway, UG is probably my favorite show that's currently airing on CN, it doesn't try to be more than what it is and succeeds in making me laugh at least once an episode. I also like the character designs more than Steven Universe, and I think that SU's artstyle is ugly as fuck. It's like they're allergic to a sharp edged line or something.

>likes barney, mlp, tumblr universe, jojo, and most likely other cancers like undertale
Jesus christ just fucking kill yourself faggot

>still projecting
Wow this kid mad as fuck. Gets exposed as the mega cancer he is for liking Jojo, mlp, barney, and other cancerous shit and look at how pathetic theyre acting, typical faggot kids.

Because the main character sounds like a retard, and retards are fucking awful

Damn son you've been raging all over the thread, aren't you getting tired yet?

>still mad as fuck
>still projecting
good thing summer is ending, you wont be here for long kiddo
stay mad

>still projecting
shh shh it's ok kiddo, go to bed, its past your bedtime, you need your sleep, you're getting cranky
when you wakey up your butt wont hurt as much then you can go watch your my little pony, barney, and other faggot shows
shh shh it'll be ok baby