Dunkirk

Why is there no Dunkirk thread?

I thought Sup Forums were huge Chris Nolan fans.

>that almost total lack of CGI
>them close-angle shots
>those realistic, loud-as-fuck, gun/bomb/etc. noises

Also, what the fuck was with that Al Gore 2: Electric Boogaloo trailer? It was such obvious anti-Trump, globalist BS.

Nolan is a good director if you are under 15

You're a contrarian faggot

Nolan is kino af.

why didnt bane just eject over the allied controlled soft beach sand? i thought he was just trying to save the plane but he burns it the second he lands

>have correct opinion
>automatically branded as contrarian by faggots who care too much about what other people on an assyrian basket-weaving forum think

he knew he'd have MUCH better chances surviving as a pilot POW then fighting in the inevitable air-war that was about to begin

gotta have that kino landing on the beach at sunset shot

he flew his plane until the end bro

>those scenes where characters stare in the sky or in the distance
>nolan shows this not once, not twice, but like 500 times for some reason

Oh gee, why would they be looking in the sky for?

My thoughts: Tldr it sucked ass

I don't know but for some reason Nolan thinks they're still effective scenes after the 10th time. Same with ships sinking and people drowning. Its like he ran out of ideas of what to show.

your thoughts are autistic

the only part that annoyed me was the British soldiers in the beginning running in a straight line down the street while being shot at from behind.

why not duck behind some staight or bolt into a house instead of be picked off?

Doesn't mean they're wrong
Eh, I'll concede they looked like fresh recruits. But they could've at least have ran serpentine

What annoyed me about that was literally how close the front line was to the beaches. The dude literally walked a minute from the combat to the evacuation. How the Germans were stopped by that one Frog sandbag outpost and they didn't have a lot of artillery to bombard the beaches despite being so close.

Also why would the last two fucking try to climb over the gate? How was that one guy not picked up? Why did the Germans continue firing through that one portion of the gate long after he went over?

Good post lad

>they could've at least have ran serpentine

Couldn't risk his spit falling into enemy hands. Also too low for chute deployment

They expect one of them in the wreckage

>I don't know
Stukas

Ordered to halt the advance by Hitler himself

I was really confused at the beginning.
Are they the last eight British soldiers left in the city?
Why are they walking so nonchalantly down the middle of the road when they must know that the enemy is right at their backs?
Why is the frontline so close to the beach?
How are ten French soldiers at a barricade holding back the German forces?
Other than the very beginning I thought the movie was great and realistic.

I rationalized it as it was just a small unit of Germans who were scouting ahead, not the full force.

Also, there were artillery attacks at night, because you could see the explosions while the manlet was getting toast on that destroyer.

He was too low to use a parachute. His best chance for survival was to glide until his plane was slow enough to land and get captured. It's the same reason why the other pilots that went down chose to glide into the water rather than bail.

True, that only lasted for three days, and the French kept defending, hence the heroic Siege of Lille. There was no way the Germans were that close to the beaches themselves. They were far out by the defensive perimeter. Plus the town was surprisingly not ruined from the historical artillery and air bombardment.