Why do normies like him so much

Why do normies like him so much

Have you heard of a show called Teen Titans?

They do? Somebody does? I mean I don't dislike him but... I can't say he's a good character either.

The Teen Titans cartoon in the middle-00s introduced a lot of kids to the concept of more serious, plot-driven cartoons with continuity, of which Slade was a major factor since he was a regular provider of dramatic moments, had an intimidating personality, and was noticeably different from other cartoon villains.

Not that other cartoon villains are necessarily inferior by not being serious or dramatic.

Cheap DC version of Deadpool.

Enough said.

>Tfw teen titans was literally the best slade

But Deadpool's partly based on Deathstroke, Liefeld said.

DC has a more recent and more blatant Deadpool knockoff called Redtool.

Teen titans did a lot more than people give it credit for. If it weren't for the cartoon, literally no one would know the Titans, not to mention it made mediocre characters like Raven and cyborg seem interesting

>Arrow
Ftfy

>doesn't know that it was the other way around
>Wade Wilson was a direct reference to Slade Wilson

>DC has a more recent and more blatant Deadpool knockoff called Harley Quinn.

FTFY

I had no one idea Slade was Deathstroke for the longest time. Like I didn't realize it back then and then one day it suddenly hit me "why did they call him slade what kind of...oh... oohhhhhhhhhhh"

I haven't noticed that among the normies but among casuals yeah. It's because he's just stereo-typically tough and bad ass and casuals like to like things they want their personality associated with.

>implying the arrow, injustice and arkham games push didn't happen solely because of his role in teen titans

Because he is a relatable character

>muh tough dudebro character
>implying autists like you can relate to him

I know literally one person who isn't a comic book geek who likes him.

Why do writers like using him so much?
Deathstroke is one of those red flags that a story is going to be shit.

again, if there's one character that's a knock off it's Deadpool. He's a walking parody for fuck's sake

Deadpool WAS a knock off when he first appeared but by the end of the 90s he was a totally unique beast.

BECAUSE HES THE FUCKING PRESIDENT!!

He has cool powers and is edgy.

>le edge
What does this even mean anymore?

No she's become a knock off of Tank Girl

Because he's what a SEAL, Green Beret or Marine can aspire to be. Most of the other DC characters are either too young for "normie" readers to relate to, or vastly overpowered.

It means you, you fuck

Identity crisis

Because he's a stereotypical "badass", not like those nerds with the capes, and he's a mercenary so rather than being full evil he's morally ambiguous which makes people feel like he's ok to idolize

Why do normies like Shadow?
Why do normies like Akuma?
Why do normies like Punisher?
Why do normies like Venom?

Anti heroes or ambiguous villain types appeal to people who like stereotypically "cool" and "badass" things, which isn't bad in itself but yes lots of normies fall in this category because they never want to appear too "nerdy"

wew, you sure showed him, user

people STILL don't know the fucking titans!
where are the rest of them?

fucking new shit, read some 80s titans you damn brats!