What went wrong?

>6 writers (including the writers of the Vacation reboot)
>3 villains (cause that worked well the last few times)
>mediocre director
>maybe the shittiest comic book movie cast ever (apart from Keaton I guess)
>Sony and Disney aka the two worst companies
>Sony currently run by the guy who was in charge of Fox during the Last Stand/Origins era
>Disney and their committee who are responsible for some of the most bland and forgettable comic book movies ever
>Shoehorning in Iron Man
>Highschool for the 3rd fucking time
>Shitty Vulture design
the list goes on...

(you)

(You)r list can be summed up a lot quicker

>niggers
>WOW FUCKING SJWS AM I RIGHT LE FELLOW KEKS

So?

It has. TWS had five.

>mediocre director
I can't comment on that.

More than half of them are proven to be good actors.

>Sony and Disney aka the two worst companies
..Maybe.

>Sony currently run by the guy who was in charge of Fox during the Last Stand/Origins era
Good thing they have no creative control for Homecoming

>Disney and their committee who are responsible for some of the most bland and forgettable comic book movies ever
And for some of the best.

>Shoehorning in Iron Man
Literally nothing wrong with that.

2nd and 1/2. Pete was on his way out of highschool before the 2nd half of the 1st Raimi movie.

>Shitty Vulture design

They've released images of the final design? Or the costume on set? Cause so far I've only seen one piece of concept art (pic related)

>>It doesn't star Miles despite the entire plot and cast reflecting the current status quo for him.

I AM SO GLAD THAT MARVEL DOESN'T OWN X-MEN IN MOVIES

this movie is going to be shit and you know
no amount of damage control can save it

Mega Awful Retarded Very Expendable Lollercoasters

At least you tried, here, this (you) is for your efforts

You were supposed to reply with F.A.N.T.A.G.R.A.P.H.I.C.S pasta

How new can you be?

I'm 9 years old and what is this?

lurk moar newfag

Nah. It'll be okay at best. I knew ASM was going to be shit before I even saw it, and it (and it's sequel) turned out to be shit. Homecoming, apart from the unnecessary racebends, seems to be decent as far as what we know so far.

is it because of the magical mcu branding?

To be fair, Spider-Man movies (in particular) have continually suffered from too many villains.

Probably to make sure they don't fuck up like Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Spider-Man 3
I feel like either there'll be sub villains, like Kurse to Malekith, Nebula to Ronan, Laufey to Loki. Or 2 will be villains Spidey fights while crime fighting, and the other one will be the main villain.
>mediocre director
Can't speak on that as I don't know his work, but Marvel's made good choices on directors.
That's just your opinion
>Shoehorning in Iron Man
Spider-Man's a potential Avenger, so I imagine Tony will be interacting with him on becoming a super hero. At this point, nearly a decade later, he's older now and is teaching the next generation of heroes, which I appreciate seeing. From a plot perspective it makes sense, considering their relationship in Civil War
It's a core part of his character. I'm fine with it as I enjoy the juggling normal life and crime fighting aspect. I'll acknowledge that some might not enjoy it, but it's like having Batman's parents be killed, gotta have Spider-Man in high school.
>Shitty Vulture design
Wasn't that just concept art? I think the art looked decent. I'll take what I'm given, the Vulture suit isn't that big of a deal for me.

Spider-Whitey will be raped by gringos.

Lotta people saying Zendaya will be MJ now. I like her as an actress so no problems with that if true.

Why did they make Mary Jane frumpy angsty teen?

>is it because of the magical mcu branding?

No. It's just that it doesn't look like it's halfassing. ASM was made purely so that Sony could hold onto the rights and make a quick buck. While Sony still has the rights, Marvel has full creative control and are actually trying to do something with the character and tell a story for the sake of the character. As opposed to it being 100% about money/retaining an IP.

Though it being part of the MCU doesn't hurt my opinion of it as well.

True, but SM3 and ASM movies did it that way and failed because of Sony's executives meddling in the production. Well, that was the case for SM3. ASM was done purely by the executive's agenda from the get-go. But they can't touch him so long as their contract with Marvel stands. And Marvel's done the multiple villain-per film thing a few times now and it hasn't sucked. So I'm willing to put some faith in regards to how many they have in Homecoming.

Like how puts it. Tinkerer and Shocker will probably be like how Zola and Rumlow or Batroc were portrayed.

>Why did they make Mary Jane frumpy angsty teen?

Mary Jane isn't even in Homecoming though.

I am literally beginning to hate white people and unrelenting whining and complaining about women and minorities. Holy shit.

The only real problem with the cast is Flash. Holland's already proven his chops, and MJ not being a redhead is just aesthetic; it'd be nice, but it's not NECESSARY.
Flash, though... Revolori's a good actor, but the fact that he's shorter than Holland sucks ass. He just doesn't have the build that Flash should.
Anyway, I'm not terribly looking forward to it (because highschool), but I'm reserving judgement for the trailers.

There are 6 writers because the original script by the vacation duo is gone completely, they didn't write any part of the new one.

Marvel Internet Defense Force in full action, I see

go back to oven, Mordechai Shekelberg

kill it with fire

Photoshop is too obvious around her hairline.

Really, this is exactly the same kind of bullshit like when Eddie Murphy was 'going' to be the Riddler in TDKR. I don't think Marvel's going to racebend one of their most significant supporting characters to their MOST iconic character from a white 10/10 redhead to a mulatto 7/10 with no tits.

yes, they will, because a beautiful sexy ginger white woman with huge tits is a huge NO NO

> a beautiful sexy ginger white woman with huge tits is a huge NO NO

I don't need to be loosing this much faith in society.

When was the last time this setup worked? I thoroughly remember Green Lantern being one of the worst CBM ever.

kek, triggered DCuck always funny to watch

>High school for the third fucking time

High school done right is what I'm excited for. Graduation at the END of part 2 leading into MJ then with the 2 stinger with Aunt May introducing her friends niece and the classic Hey Tiger after peters moping cause Michelle moved away or whatever.

No Michelle is not MJ.

There's aged up Ivy in Gotham.

There is one massive issue that has plagued Spider-Man movies since SM3: Studios rush these movies into production without knowing what exactly they want to do. Spider-Man is so popular that they all want the money he takes in immediately, and they'll patch on any bad trends currently popular in hopes it fills the void of bad production.

>Spider-Man 1: A very fun, very colorful representation of the comics whose changes reflect the story being more streamlined. Obviously a lot of love and care went into it.
>Spider-Man 2: Sees what to improve on from the first movie, and treats its characters as real people. Still maintains the fun nature of the first one while also delving into the darker concepts of Spider-Man.
>Spider-Man 3: Venom thrown in because he was hugely popular, a disjointed mess hurt by executives looking for ways to make the more bigger, which in turn damaged Raimi's tongue-and-cheek approach to the series.
>ASM1: Extremely hollow remake of the first film that brings nothing new to the table, and copies SM1 beat by beat without the performances, the well executed scenes, and the general sense of wonderment.
>ASM2: Just a mishmash of popular celebrities and stories with zero context. Terrible designs made solely to keep the actors' faces prominent. Random changes that could have stayed unchanged and not hurt the story.
>Spider-Man Homecoming: Choosing race over actual acting ability or actually looking like the characters, again tossing in as many villains as possible, shoving in Tony Stark to keep the movie from being it's own film, and forcing the villain to have a connection with other movies for no real reason which in turn takes away the villain's trademark brilliance.

>TWS had five.

Gettin pretty sick of this meme.

>It's a core part of his character.

you don't know shit about spiderman do you? He went into highschool for like 20 issues, then it was all college.

>Batrock
>Sitwell
>Zola
>Crossbones
>Bucky
>Pierce

You're right, they were 6.

>b-but they were henchmen and/or not real villains
Yeah, but you still don't know to which capacity they are gonna be used in SM:H, so you have no real grounds to complain about it.

why is everyone so eager to see a marvel movie fail, while so adamant that the next DC movie won't?

is your prediction based solely on the inverse of how all the previous movies fared?

Underdog mentality. They want the hipster credit when it eventually happens, and they were the first to believe.

Not me, I do want better DC movies though

I think it may be still salty Raimifags since everyone and their mother wanted TASM dead so this could happen.

>I like her as an actress
What has she done as an actress?

Multiple villains only work if they all have the same agenda.
Which is why ASM2 and SM3 failed. All the villains had their own goals.

I almost want to argue that HYDRA was one villain, as dumb as that sounds. They were all pieces of the same puzzle, none of them alone was the threat, but instead all of them together. Zola was the algorithm, Batroc was the distraction, Pierce was the trigger, and WS/Crossbones were the muscle.

Nothing has gone wrong, dumbass.

>Batroc was the distraction

Batroc wasn't even part of Hydra. He was a mercenary. He wasn't even hired by them.

Right, bu how much screentime are you expecting tinkerer and shocker to have, anyway?

One of them is gonna be just a distraction and the other is gonna be a goon. That's why they picked lesser villains in the first place.

He was still a part of the plan.

Tinkerer will probably have more screentime than Shocker since he'll probably be working with Toombs alot. They'll probably do a scene or two to establish Schultz before he becomes Shocker, then he'll have one fight with Spidey. Probably at mid film at the earliest (maybe it's Shocker Peter fights in DC?).

Pete'll beat Vulture and save the Homecoming dance, and Tony will probably apprehend Tinkerer afterward with clearance via the accords.

>He was still a part of the plan.

Part of A plan, yes. But not Hydra's.

How about Spider-Man 2? It had five writers.