God loves you so much he'll send you to hell for eternity

>God loves you so much he'll send you to hell for eternity

???

FREEEEEE WIIIIIIIIIIIILLL

>God gave us free will

This argument sucks ass.

Clearly god only gave some of us free will, since the mentally ill and retarded have practically zero free will.

Why the fuck is god so selective about who gets free will?

*tips fedora*

*tips menorah*

*puts on fingerless gloves*

I'm not sure why God didn't give you free will my man, I'll have to ask my pastor on Sunday.

Why would God give us free will knowing the consequences? That's like letting a kid drink bleach and going "lol free will"

*tips fedora*

Kek

It is impossible for God to forgive anything without someone dying

How hard is that to understand?

God wants blood, it's his nature

And fortunately his own blood was enough to satisfy him for now

Hell = your eternal soul existing apart from God's love.

If you reject God's love, that's your own fault. God doesn't impose it on you. He let's you decide if you want it or not. You're creating your own hell.

>could god have created a universe with free will but without free will
>if not god is not all powerful
I wish public schools would teach basic philosophy.

Bullshit, fedorafag

Asking God to prevent evil is like asking him to divide by zero. It's impossible. Irrational. Nonsense.

God had to allow hell to exist. He had no choice. Stealing a candy bar deserves hell fire and anihilation

I wish public schools would teach basic flowchart reading.

Free will is a legitimate argument. We make our own choices in life. If we wind up in hell we have nobody but ourselves to blame.

You can't have free will without evil you dingus. This is literally the most basic part of philosophy and the fact that people like you can't comprehend it is proof that our education system has failed.

I thought God was omnipotent?

*sharpens nodachi*

>Stealing a candy bar deserves hell fire and anihilation

Do you realize how fucking retarded you sound?

>My mother loves me
>God loves me
>My mother wouldn't send me to Hell to suffer in agony for eternity
>???

???

Then remove free will, dingus

If you hate God so much, why would he trap you with him for the rest of eternity? Hell is just the absence of God, and you go there when you completely deny God and despise him.

>supposed to be omnipotent
>can't even rewrite logic on a whim
Bitch please I've seen comic book characters more powerful than God

Actually you have God to blame for putting you there in the first place. And for building a set of arbitrary rules written down in a book that is steeped in metaphors and tradition and was then edited by priests

there's free will in heaven. that's why lucifer rebelled

>All I have is false equivalency and a Jesus sized hole in my heart

Go tip your fedora to someone that will listen.

>God gave you free will so you can live how you please!
>but you better live exactly how he wishes or you will go to hell

>believing God himself wrote the Bible

Nice try Muhammed.

God doesn't love you, who the fuck told you that ?
God's love must be earned
fucking paulstianity teaching everyone they're specian snowflakes again

Gods just an asshole with more power than me. In other news: no amount of sin done by a human is worth eternal punishment. You cannot justify it.

No you just cease to exist. The Good people move to new Worlds. I dont know why i bother telling genius atheist how they have slow minds.

simple answer

god doesnt like everybody

some people are children of the devil

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Better get on his good side by accepting his son Jesus Christ as your personal savior

Well, I just don't want a shitty god to worship. Have you seen the congregations we have in america/midwest, most pathetic group of followers ever.

What does that have to do with me creating a lake of burning spirit fire?

>remove free will

>some baby is born with its brain exposed and dies hours afterward
>never even gets a chance to accept or know Christ

How does this serve God's plan?

God sounds like a bitch. Your country was better when you worshiped cats and shit.

Going to be honest guys.

I'm not 100% certain the Christian God actually exists.

Leave Thomas Aquinas alone!

>all evil is caused by X
>but we can't remove X, because herp derp

so omnipotent

Wow an all powerful all knowing being couldn't keep the peace in a perfect environment where everyone is happy. God must be a real dumbass.

>there are people who actually believe in heaven and hell

When did this many fedoras invade Sup Forums? It wasn't that long ago that this was a heavily Christian board that believed in firm principles and held their Bibles close and kept their pictures of Hitler in the foyer. What the fuck happened?

> Lel @ slave religion designed to keep post-roman workers in check.

I love how unassuming God is even though He has every right not to be. He even uses a Lamb for a symbol. Humans, who are fools, would never do that. Jesus elaborates on this mystery when He explains why He speaks to people in parables:

Lmaoing at your life my dude

"The same day Jesus going out of the house, sat by the sea side. And great multitudes were gathered unto him, so that he went up into a boat and sat: and all the multitude stood on the shore. And he spoke to them many things in parables, saying:

Behold the sower went forth to sow. And whilst he soweth some fell by the way side, and the birds of the air came and ate them up.

And other some fell upon stony ground, where they had not much earth: and they sprung up immediately, because they had no deepness of earth.
And when the sun was up they were scorched: and because they had not root, they withered away.

And others fell among thorns: and the thorns grew up and choked them.

And others fell upon good ground: and they brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, and some thirtyfold. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

And his disciples came and said to him: Why speakest thou to them in parables?

Who answered and said to them: Because to you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven: but to them it is not given. For he that hath, to him shall be given, and he shall abound: but he that hath not, from him shall be taken away that also which he hath. Therefore do I speak to them in parables: because seeing they see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And the prophecy of Isaias is fulfilled in them, who saith: By hearing you shall hear, and shall not understand: and seeing you shall see, and shall not perceive. For the heart of this people is grown gross, and with their ears they have been dull of hearing, and their eyes they have shut: lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

>God loves you
why would he?

But blessed are your eyes, because they see, and your ears, because they hear. For, amen, I say to you, many prophets and just men have desired to see the things that you see, and have not seen them, and to hear the things that you hear and have not heard them. Hear you therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, there cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart: this is he that received the seed by the way side. And he that received the seed upon stony ground, is he that heareth the word, and immediately receiveth it with joy.

Yet hath he not root in himself, but is only for a time: and when there ariseth tribulation and persecution because of the word, he is presently scandalized. And he that received the seed among thorns, is he that heareth the word, and the care of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choketh up the word, and he becometh fruitless. But he that received the seed upon good ground, is he that heareth the word, and understandeth, and beareth fruit, and yieldeth the one an hundredfold, and another sixty, and another thirty. "

The Gnostics believe that the Hebraic desert sprite that calls itself YHWH is an evil, mean-spirited, and deceitful creature that wants to be called god. The agent of the transcendent power was the lightbringer, who gave us the knowledge of good and evil. The true big-G god is far, far beyond our realm and our understanding.

Then you have a small window of opportunity to choose between faith and physicalism. You can be happy and content, thinking that everything is in god's plan, or live in fury against the dying of western civilization.

God is but you aren't.
You could not exist in a universe that is not bound by logic.

>b-but why didn't God make me so that I could live in a internally inconsistent universe?
because he didn't want to, simple as that.

nah its getting more christian 2008-2012 edgy atheism peaked in society and it felt like christians didnt exist

ppl are waking up

now its like only the most toxic hillary supporting liberals who are still going on about the edgy atheism meme

and europeans because theyre not christian to begin with

enjoy hell then

he want to see the people who is going to follow him with not doubt

>i kiss my boss' ass every day
>earning love from an all mighty creator sounds too much

>God could've done this thing that would've improved everyone's lives immeasurably but didn't because he couldn't be bothered
>since he's omnipotent it would take 0 effort on his part and he still said fuck it
Truly a benevolent figure

In what way is that retarded?
Why does stealing a candy-bar = hell offend your delicate sensibilities so much, but children getting raped to death for no reason with no hope of life after death in a godless universe appeal to you?

Clearly it's not a desire for universal justice that motivates you.

>Retard christian friend tries to convince me of how great their religion is.
>"There are totally no rules! Just accept him as your lord and savior."
>Point out the obvious contradiction in saying there are no rules but then giving a rule I would have to follow.
>"Jeus loves me so much, blah blah blah."
I really don't hate Christianity, I think it's a great thing for many people, but god damn to people trying to convert me piss me off.

If God is all knowing then he would know who was with or without doubt. There would be no need for this retarded test on earth that decided what would happen to us for an eternity when we die.

What if you only rape infidels in the name of god?

he needed to create the test, then he saw who was their people, we just need to reach the end of the test

How does it work in Heaven, then? Do the angels and the ascended humans there have free will to sin? If they do, how is that an improvement on the current world we live in? If they don't, why couldn't people have been created that way from the beginning, i.e. incapable of sinning?

>hey goy, I want you to dedicate your whole life to this Jew I know
>no, you can't meet him first.
>Why would you want to meet someone before deciding if you want to be in a relationship? Love is about lacking knowledge!
>Teachers, lawyers, Internet, etc. are evils that deprive us of our free will by giving us knowledge of things

>death in a godless universe appeal to you

It ain't about what appeals, it's about where the evidence leads.

Then he isn't all knowing. Therefore he isn't all powerful.

>Your parents love you so much they put you in time out / ground you / take away the vidya you love so much
REEEEEEE

Nope america has been getting more and more nonsecular

Not catering to your irrational whims does not equal malevolence. Most people actually like being human and experiencing an orderly universe that makes sense.

Perhaps if you weren't mentally ill and desperately trying to lash out against your father through the proxy of anti-theism by pretending you prefer nonsensical chaos to ordered reality, you would too.

>the results are already decided and we're just moving along the track until we get there
Thus free will doesn't exist

2 Thessalonians 2:10-14
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I don't kiss my boss' ass, I do just enough work to not get fired. If he's a major faggot, I quit. Same thing with god. I follow the laws of physics because I have to. If life was truly terrible I would commit sudoku. Your comparison of theists to bootlickers just makes you and your belief system look pathetic.

>a universe without evil is inconsistent

says who?

>children getting raped to death for no reason with no hope of life after death in a godless universe appeal to you?

Who the fuck is that supposed to "appeal" to? Do you simply assume that anyone who disagrees with you must be evil?

How is condemning people to suffering even though you could easily not do so anything but malevolent?

tell him that when you see him man

to us the results are not decided yet, you can do what the fuck you want

is it better to have been forced to love God, or to choose it by our own means? there would be no reason for free will if He forced us to worship him.

>implying reality itself depends on what appeals to you

No, more like letting a functioning adult take bleach and saying "I gave you another option".

If the results are already known to God then we don't have a choice

Because the universe can't exist unless people burn in hell forever for stealing candy, obviously.

There is no evidence either way to lead you anywhere.
God does not exist as a component of the universe therefore God cannot be found by scrutinizing the universe's components. Hence why such a big deal is made out of faith.

You have made the choice that you prefer to live in a universe with no innate concept of justice based purely on faith alone. Have you ever asked yourself why you made that choice?

we already met him dude
>Those who God decided in advance would be conformed to his Son, he also called. Those whom he called, he also made righteous. Those whom he made righteous, he also glorified.

God ruled free will is a good thing.
Here's an example of free will that's relevant to your life. You have an internet connection, and are allowed to access just about any website on the internet. Theoretically, you could use the internet to learn how to build a bomb, order parts online, and then hide it in your local school. You can also use it to order paper towels from Amazon or banepost on Sup Forums. Just because you can build a bomb using the internet, that doesn't mean you should be banned from using it.

A)
>have free will
> god does not know what will happened
god is omniscient thus not omnipotent thus basically not god

B
> god knows everything
>no free will
God's puppets.

God doesn't force you to pick those choices

How is allowing evil people to escape suffering anything but malevolent?

>there would be no reason for free will if He forced us to worship him.

But many Christians believe that He is forcing us in the sense that, if we don't worship Him, He will supposedly torture us forever. The person who is told "give me your wallet or I'll shoot you" has a free choice to make, but he is also heavily constrained by two narrow alternatives.

>Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

I see nothing wrong with this

>wanting to understand God with limited human knowledge
>finding a fallacy and sticking to it

Your parents (usually) love you. Your mom's maternal instincts and love for you make it so that she'd want to keep you with her at home forever (until you turn into a disappointing loser neckbeard, but thats besides the point). Instead of keeping you safe and 'happy' at home with all the free tendies you can eat, your parents get you ready for the real world, where you can make your own decisions and live with the consequences of those decisions, whether good or bad.

What's so hard to understand?

we do have a choice god creates the breathe of life in humans and a living soul like gods own soul

gods thoughts come spontaenously from thin air so why couldnt he recreate that mechanism

its not all set in motion like that but ya he knows

>implying reality itself depends on what appeals to you

Some Nietzschean uber-mensch you are.