Mexican parents give their children packets of sugar mixed with red chili powder, which they eat straight up...

>Mexican parents give their children packets of sugar mixed with red chili powder, which they eat straight up, in order to build their spice tolerance.
>"We assume that continued exposure at a young age causes nerve endings to die off,"

Is this true? Do Mexicans really do this?

popsci.com/science/article/2013-06/fyi-are-people-born-tolerance-spicy-food

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicobacter_pylori
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastritis#Cause
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16621751
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>popsci

no you fucking idiot.

Isn't that what lucas is?

What? It's not a parody site.

>give their children packets of sugar mixed with red chili powder
Yes
>in order to build their spice tolerance
No

Kids simply like them. There's not a secret plot behind it.

Isn't that what the things in the tiny plastic salt shakers are for?

I guess it needn't be calculated to have the result of increasing tolerance anyway.

But what are they called?

There's a million types of spicy candies (there's also a million types of non spicy stuff), so I don't know. But the one that fits the >"sugar mixed with red chili powder" description better would probably be the "miguelito".

What's up with this mexican obsession with spicy food?

do you guys have any health problems from your heroic levels of spice intake?

Chilli peppers are literally a Mesoamerican crop. All of them. They spread out from here into other places at different points in time. The Portuguese were the ones who brought them to Asia.
No

Not consciously but even kid's candy has some spice thrown in it because IT TASTES BETTER EVERYTHING IS IMPROVED BY ADDING SPICY SHIT MOTHERFUCKER

That's only true if you count things like black pepper, garlic, and mustard as "spicy shit". Not everything needs chilis.

Eating spicy is actually pretty healthy, look up the benefits from eating cayenne peppers for example. And it adds another dimension to your eating experience. Only foodlets avoid spice

>US of Shit food with his hot opinion
Dude go eat some high fructose ham patties or something lmao

rude

rude

rude

If only we could all have the refined and sophisticated Mexican palate.

rude

why so edgy?

>sugar drinks are not an american invention poisoning the entire planet
Thanks for proving him right

rude

rude

Actually I've heard it's linked to all sorts of gastro problems.
I used to eat a lot of spice, cut down a lot since I stopped smoking but it doesn't feel "good" for you

why so edgy?

>gastro problems
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicobacter_pylori

rude

well that doesn't sound fun at all

Cunt

Almost half the entire planet is infected (more common in developing nations, however). And while the majority of its carriers are asymptomatic, almost all the people who has gastro problems is because of that. Sometimes for alcoholism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastritis#Cause

Something wh*Tes will never understand

It can definitely favor gastrointestinal problems which already exist. It also benefits secretion of saliva and stomach acid which benefits digestion. And improves your bloodflow because of vasodilatation, mucous membranes are really benefitting from it (including the one in our tummy which basically protects it even more).
Some people are just more sensitive to it because their stomachs get irritated easily, one should avoid too much spicy stuff in that situation. The same applies to people who have acute/chronic problems in those regions.

>benefit
Sorry for the shitty text, I'm kinda wasted

Hmm another reason to stop drinking then
I love spicy food but too much of it reeks havoc on me these days. I can handle it on the way in..

Drinking also really fucks with your stomach, I recently started drinking more (was never really big on alcohol) and I can already feel some difference after 2 months. The combination probably made you/me feel the spicy stuff for the worse.
I'm gonna stop again once I get my grow eq. Thanks for the chat lad, I'm out for tonight.

i do. eating hot sauce really fucks me up now but i still do it

You have something else

Somebody being a very rude little boy, no miguelito for you

Hot sauce doesn't do anything to me but Vinegar and salad dressing will upset my stomach pretty badly.

This
Same goes for tomatoes

I wonder what lead to this level of sugar consumption.

I've impressed three different Messicans by gulping down something spicy they shared and not reacting. I've even met Messicans who thought Takis were hot.

Isn't it your fault for demanding the product? That's the argument you beaners always make to pin the drug problem on America.

Of course it's our fault for drinking them. I was replying to the dumbfuck filename. That's pure American cuisine.

Why do Mexicans put chili in fucking everything?

Literally everything. You even put it on your fruit. Why the fuck don't you try something else?

Shut up, fatso.

I'm a lanklette.

rude

>sugar murders shitskins by the millions

>sugar is our greatest eugenic tool for human fitness

Hrmmmmmm...

Cause it makes everything savory

This is the new >ass too fat >ireland

Of course it would be a Brit asking something this stupid

>sugar murders shitskins by the millions
>All Anglo countries are amongst the world's fattest

There is nothing wrong with HFHP.

>to build tolerance
No it's just candy, common Mexican snack is fruit with spicy sauce/powder on it so it's just a candy version

Thus why it's particularly nice for us (if true).

Ignore everyone so far. Yes, we do have some of the highest rates of gastritis in the world, especially the women.

That's because of bacterias, not because of the spicy food.

No it's because you're the fattest country on the planet. Sugars and processed foods are the problems here, not spicy food.

>it can't be because a mix of the three

you are all retarded

America is, pic and article related.

>No it's because you're the fattest country on the planet
Are you all aliens or something then?