Steven Universe

Hey, so what did everyone about the new episode with sardonyx and smoky Quartz? Personally I loved it and it was refreshing to see Sardonyx again

It was shit and Sardonyx is worst fusion

This

Agreed, im glad someone else here liked that episode

Sardonyx is annoying. I hate her episodes.

They started off a new season with bullshit filler that had nothing to do with anything other than "here's a new thing that the audience already knows but these characters dont"

I didn't get where they were going with it until the end. It was a bit clever.

It took me a rewatch to understand Sardonyx didn't believe the yoyo was a weapon and thought it was just a giant toy.

I figured they would have got it from when Smoky was talking about beating Jasper the first time but I guess Garnet and Pearl were too excited to actually listen.

I was a bit surprised with how self-absorbed and unperceptive Sardonyx was.
But it's interesting to see an insecure fusion, because I'd begun to assume confidence was an inborn trait of fusions.

Sardonyx is a cunt, when are they gonna make an Opal-centric episode?

Theres no such thing as filler, im sick of lorefags fucking up this board.

The episode confirmed that SU is becoming too cartoony and self referential. It's already becoming Teen Titans Go.

Smoly looks like a big piece of shit that came out of the asshole of a very fat hippopotamus and somehow learned how to talk and the first thing it asked for was a million hamburgers to get even fatter than the hippopotamus that shat it... and was somehow successful.

Also. I want to fuck Sardonyx.

First post best post

Sardonyx sucks, she's all Pearl's insecurities amplified into one of those kids who make tons of jokes to hide how much they hate themselves

You do know ttg is good now, right?

Wow, who knew such retarded inbred monkeys could type to spew there shit opinions on the web.

It was great and Sardonyx is best fusion.

>not liking Sardonyx

shit taste, my friends

Why is Sardonyx basically a tall four armed Peridot?

Why is Sardonyx basically a tall, four-armed Peridot?

Sardonyx is literally a thin Smoky Quartz

Smoky isn't as much of a bitch as Sardonyx though, she's more like a chubby kid who knows they're chubby and makes up for it with self deprecating humor.

Alls I know is Natasha Lyonne's voice gets my dick rock hard.

I'm also wondering about all these connections the SU cast seems to have with the OITNB cast.

It was a decent episode, but weird when you consider that we didn't really get this full episode exploration with any of the other fusions.

>Theres no such thing as filler

There is though?

In a plot/action/character development driven show there can absolutly be filler.

>Alls I know is Natasha Lyonne's voice gets my dick rock hard.

This.

I figured this was given more attention/explanation than the other fusions because it was Steven's first fusion with a crystal gem.

Crazy, egocentric, show-offy characters are my favorite. I love how unsettling it was during that bit where she stared out into the audience and was like "I made them myself"

Because Peridot is best gem

>triggered feminist

>hey you know what would make a great episode? The two worst fusions doing fuck all
nil point

I thought it was unfocused and the worst episode since Steven's Birthday.

>a cartoon is too cartoony
Wew

Confidence or arrogance can come from the feeling of increased power and acceptance that comes with fusion but at its base fusion seems to just require an understanding between two gems/people.

Yeah. Sardonyx' room is hella odd. Imagine her in there alone.
That's super sad.

Sardonyx is a fusion.

She's never alone.

Well, she has no audience is what I mean.
She would just tell jokes to a laugh track.

>all these connections the SU cast seems to have with the OITNB cast.
>super lesbian show with lots of lgbt talent
>niche yet passionate fanbase that focuses on just about everybody but the main character
>definite focus on diversity in cast and characters that doesn't come off as especially preachy or forced
>if you say you like the show Sup Forums gets pretty steamed at you

I would've liked more explanation for how Steven can fuse with other Crystal Gems in the first place. I mean, he's got a human body; it makes sense that he can fuse with humans, since controlling organic matter is one of his main powers. How is he suddenly able to mix his body with a Gem's holographic body? What is Smoky Quartz even made of? What would a destabilizer do to them?

WE

Well, if you had actually looked, you would have seen that Amy envelopes his body. You see him basically pop out in Earthlings as they unfuse.
The reason he couldn't do it before is likely twofold.
First, the Gems didn't get him, and he didn't get them.
Second, they basically jump into each other, which doesn't work with flesh.

Dont forget he also fused with Connie. Its magic, dont overthink it.

Is pretty weird that I have followed steven universe since we first heard about Rebecca making her own show and I still don't take it as seriously as all these autists

Can someone explain to me why people here hate Sardonyx? She's the only fusion that's fun.

Do you guys hate being entertained?

This is Sup Forums.
You know it.

Reminder of best fusion.

>two appearances
>two lines
>boring

Why is this better than Sardonyx exactly?

>Nice voice
>Only unfuses at disagreements or genuine worry
>No shitty qualities shown like the rest of the fusions
>Goal-oriented
>Nice design
>Great theme

I don't hate her, but she's pretty shallow and self-obsessed like any star.

These are the qualities that make her great though. She's the Conan O'Brian of Steven Universe.

I wish they'd just ditch her super expensive elusive voice actress and get a sound-alike. At this point nobody would even care.

And Smokey was kind of like her Andy Richter, but for those little negging scenes you're supposed to sympathize with the sidekick, that's part of the talk show structure.

Same with Sugilite. Upside with having these VAs is that they're good, downside is that we can't ever see their characters because they cost too much and are busy.

Sardonyx is best gem.

>And Smokey was kind of like her Andy Richter

This is a good thing.

that's the point. That's the conflict of the episode that Sardonyx was being self-interested and didn't let Smoky have the spotlight she deserved. And Sardonyx feel apart when she realized this.

Do you people not understand this?

Keep your faggot show in the general.

Would you still like her if Lady Gaga was her VA? Because that's basically her personality.

Steven might be stretching out his body and absorbing Connie.