Thoughts on new Flash Thompson

What are your thoughts on this guy playing Flash Thompson in Spiderman Homecoming?
Personally I think he is way to tiny, he has less muscles than Parker. Seriously wtf? If they wanted more diversity atleast bring in someone intimidating.
I can only hope that this guy will do a good job.

Too small. Guess we're not getting Agent Venom

fuckboi

reminder that hes 20

The idea of teen bullying being based on physical power rather than psychological intimidation and social dynamics is an outdated stereotype of 80s fiction.

A skinny rich kid whose popular is a lot more likely to be the bully than some Jock cliche.
Remember that scene in 21 Jump Street?

This Flash is probably just a rich little asshole who makes fun of Peter because he's poor. He's probably more of a psychological bully than a physical one

For one thing, I don't mind the concept of the character. I would actually love to see Pete have a bully who's more his peer rather than a typical jock who he probably in real life simply wouldn't associate with at all

What I have a problem with is making him be Flash Thompson anyway, fucking stupid, same way Mandarin was stupid...it was an OC character, just give them an OC name instead of trying to pretend it's somehow related to the comics

Good

Honestly, is there any reason to watch this movie now? I'm just going to skip on it, they've already fucked everything enough.

He's a decent actor from what I've seen. As to how he compares to the classic interpretation of the character, his being a different ethnicity for the sake of diversity is the only thing that bothers me.

Apart from that though, I'm totally fine with this interpretation of the character. It fits with that it takes place at a school that focuses on tech-sciences. He's still a bully, and that's what's most important about the character. Having him be a rich, entitled prick is much more appropriate for the established settings than a big, imposing jock.

>Flash
>rich
>smart
Why call him Flash if he doesn't have a single thing in common with the actual character?

I said it in another thread, but he reminds me of a ton of Hispanic kids on the soccer team when I was at high school (and I'm from the NY area). They would crack jokes about people and fool around but weren't really hostile about it. They where also pretty into looking fashionable and well dressed and would buy clothes from the same places white teenagers would and have hairstyles that matched whatever is popular. I can totally see what they're going for with this, and it actually gives me faith that the people behind the movie have their pulse on what going to high school in Queens NY would be like in the last few years. The kind of "I'll clobber ya" physical bully is barely a thing anymore; schools are too regulated for that. And" bullies" are rarely actually bad people or even that intentional. Just what happens when people are still figuring out their filters in high school.

>And" bullies" are rarely actually bad people or even that intentional.
Flash was literally just acting out because of his abusive father.

>"I hate Spider-Man comics that i've never read anyway"

white guys can't be more pathetic. They get cucked by black guys and now bully by poo in loos.

Looks like USA hates their own people.

Are they gonna change his name as well?

>twink guatemalan named flash thompson

utter shit
not intimidating at all
+he's a poo in the loo

Every casting for this movie is garbage.

Looks like shit. Flash doesn't even have to be white but does he have to be a chubby little Indian kid who looks like he hasn't taken a shower in weeks? I guess he just makes fun of Peter and is rich or some shit like that. Actually he has to be rich as fuck because I can't imagine anyone hanging out with him for any other reason.

Disappointed, yet another blond guy who won't be on the big screen.

I had a short skinny bully that other people really liked for some reason, for about a day.

Broke his nose, that was the end of that.

This looks fucking retarded. Also poo in loos can not be bullies, it looks double retarded.

>named Flash
His name is Eugene.

He's central american. I mean if you're gonna insult someone at least be accurate.

He looks like the kind of kid that would get picked on by Flash.

Do you think Marvel is purposefully fucking up this Spider-Man movie to force Sony into crashing financially?

No but I think you're an idiot.

Spic Thompson?

I'm extremely upset.

Flash is one of my favorite characters. I'm gonna be bothered by any change from the comics because I like accuracy, so of course the race change bothers me. I might be able to look past it, but the fact that he shares no other qualities with Flash other than being mean to Peter is awful.

Flash is the definition of a high school jock. He's handsome, sporty, and a star quarterback. Not to mention he's pretty poor. This guy is none of those things. Flash works because he's a bigger guy who beats on Peter, and when Peter gets his powers, he has the ability to push Flash's shit in but chooses not to.

>Tony Stark
>narcissic
>egoistic
>isn't compfy chad at all
>doesn't shake hands for some reason
>no lacoholic issues
Yeah, dud, cause MCU Tony have so much in commin with comic version.

>Agent Venom

fuck off you fedora lord

>Agent Venom

Shouldn't even be on the table until Eddie gets his time to shine with a better movie that isn't forced as fuck.

>until Eddie gets his time to shine
And then when he loses it the MCU should make the one change that improves everything for everybody.
He never has the Anti-Venom symbiote taken away after he gets it.

Yep

>MCU is already shit and has inaccurate portrayals
>We should just be fine with it

Why even have Peter stay white? You know how spineless it is to racebend everyone but the main character? That's bitch made as fuck

Literally Sup Forumsmblr

>A skinny rich kid whose popular is a lot more likely to be the bully than some Jock cliche.

I'm having a lot of trouble imagining Harry Osborne bullying Flash Thompson.

>smart

He isn't though. That's why he's a bully to Peter. Pete is there, apart from scholarship help from Stark, because he's actually the kind of kid that belongs there. Flash is there because he's rich and getting a free ride and Pete's unintentionally giving him a taste of reality and disturbing his status-quo.

Except Peter is friends with Harry Osborn. How is rich kid going to bully Peter? When his best friend is the son of a billionaire.

But Flash is supposed to be a bully because his life is shit.

He's already been fucking cast, so let's just see if he sucks in the role. If he does, we can laugh. If he doesn't, oh well, the casting director did a good job. If he ends up playing a character that's Flash Thompson in name only and not like the guy from the comics and cartoons, then fuck it.

Revolori Revolori give me the formilori.

This is the gist of it. If a weakling is bullying you, just destroy his face.

Why does it have to be Spidey? Why is he destined to be shit on nonstop in real life even more than he is on the comics?

It's not about his height, he's just looks fat and his haircut is ridiculous

>popular
>captain of football team
>everyone want his dick
>but he has somehow a shitty life because his father is a meanie

>Drunken
>Neglectful
>Constantly beats him
>Somehow this just qualifies as "meanie"
What?

Dude has no room making fun of anyone with that faggy haircut.

>But Flash is supposed to be a bully because his life is shit.

Well he's also supposed to be a jock as well. But obviously a jock can't function in a school that focuses on specific fields of academia and probably has no athletic programs apart from regular P.E. So how does someone with a average or below average intelligence work in a school for kids with above average intelligence? Make him a spoiled rich kid who's parents paid a shit load to get him in the best possible school maybe in the hopes of curbing his dumbass-ness.

Hey, at least nobody has said yet that he's a Muslim.

So he's Flash Thompson in name only then.

I've met bullies who were small and vicious. Like it's been noted upthread, locker-shoving and wedgies or whatever aren't the only ways to bully someone, especially not today.

And that he's a bully. So yeah. That's not exactly a big deal though. He'll only be in this movie anyway. The next Spiderman film will come out like three years later in Phase 4 when Pete will be going to college and meet Harry, Gwen and MJ.

You're still in denial, huh?

If they are small why not smash them with overwhelming force? Break his face.

>You're still in denial, huh?

That this Zendaya kid is playing MJ? Absolutely. It's a baseless rumor right now. Until Marvel actually says otherwise, I'm treating this like the rumor about Eddie Murphy playing the Riddler back when they were making TDKR.

That largely depends of the bullied, and the age and location. Most who are bullied are ineffectuals who aren't very likely to lift a finger. But if it's in something like highschool, some of those being bullied simply might know better in spite of being physically superior. Better to just take it than to have a disciplinary or even a potential arrest record.

DROPPED

He will make Peter's life imposiible by accusing him of racism and white privilege at every turn, resulting in all his classmates rejecting Peter because of that. Modern bullying.

>He will make Peter's life imposiible by accusing him of racism and white privilege at every turn, resulting in all his classmates rejecting Peter because of that. Modern bullying.

Ha. Try that shit in a public school. Niggas do not care. I was bullied by niggas, it's worse then being bullied by white people, because at least they didn't fuck you up if you told. Plus all the white bitches like nerds. No black bitch want no nerd.

>Plus all the white bitches like nerds. No black bitch want no nerd.

Probably because you address WOMEN as Bitches. Once again the negro male gender seeking to degrade women to that of a dog.

Bitch shut your stupid ass up. Bitches exist. Fuck you talking about? They all cook the same.

What the fuck are you talking about faggot?

You see this men of this thread. This is why everything you love must burn. Because of people like this. I don't blame you, I blame the system that white males put in place to corrupt your mind so.

Please delete your post or I will report it.

>Hey Peter I bet you don't even Shit on the sidewalk hahahah , bitch

What did Raimi mean by this?

I know that we trust Marvel but what was wrong with big buff flash who goes to the army and becomes Agent Venom. I liked that flash.

>but what was wrong with big buff flash who goes to the army and becomes Agent Venom. I liked that flash.

Because the chances of us getting Agent Venom is very very low in this decade. Marvel is having trouble putting other bigger names on screen, why the fuck would the waste time with Agent Venom less than 3 years after his first appearance? Be real for a second.

he's so not-intimidating he'll probably bully Peter by being better at science instead of being a jock

AND I'M MAD

Bruh there's not even a trailer out yet.

>I know that we trust Marvel

No, you drones trust Marvel, that's about it. Marvel has fucked up many movies, only the Sup Forums portion of Sup Forums "trusts" Marvel, you're not "we" newfag

You don't need to see a trailer to know it's going to be terrible.

Wasn't it confirmed he'd be bullying Peter because Peter is beating him at science?

He's probably just gonna talk shit about how poor Peter is. Remember Peter is so poor he goes dumpster diving, that should give Revolori-Flash some material to work with.

Yes it was. I still don't see your point or how that justifies trying to pass off an OC character as a character established in the comics