Here Gryffindor...

> Here Gryffindor, have just enough points to beat Slytherin who earned their points throughout the year with their grades

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HOW

That SJW made millions off this shitty LOTR copy. How does that make you feel Sup Forums?

Dumbledore was a massive faggot

> LOTR copy
What?

they should have outsourced the hogwarts headmaster from out of the country. a britbong wizard is bound to have graduated from hogwarts and have bias

Slytherin only won because Snape always gave them points for being cunts, and subtracted points from Griffindor is Harry so much as cleared his throat in Snape's presence.

Do the points even matter? Does it matter who wins? Is this an metaphor for the US elections?

This. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.

but Harry WAS a prancing ponce. He was always talking in class.

Could Seal Team 6 infiltrate Hogwarts, remove Dumbledore from his post and exfil undetected?

Someone post that video of the HOWEVER scene with the music from The Leftovers playing.

Pasta is 15 minutes late what the fuck?

>yes, these kids just saved the school and other people but I shouldn't reward them because reasons

They'd crash the stealth heli into one of the spires and kill probably an entire house of students and finally pop dumbledore in the head and lose his body after exfiltration.

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98

This, what did they even win? A bunch of fucking flags in the great hall?

No wonder I couldn't find it, he changed the title for some reason. Thanks user.

I guess you could say they earned their points back from when they were walking around at night.

> Gryffindor had like 322 points to begin with
So ALL year to earn points where it's like, they get like 10 points for pointing out a correct question in lesson, combine with all 40x7 years in lessons they only banked THAT many? Especially with Hermione probably rolling in the points.

The Ring/Horcrux
The Ring having a piece of the dark lords soul/Horcruxes carry a piece of the dark lords soul
It's extremely hard to destroy a ring/It's extremely hard to destroy a horcrux(Ok let's just say the ring and horcruxes are literally the exact same thing)
Ring makes dark Lord immortal/Horcrux makes dark Lord immortal
Dark Lord/Dark Lord(I mean honestly jk had to take the same word pathetic)
The dead bodies that Frodo sees in the lake/The resurrected bodies harry sees in the half blood Prince
Galadriel future seeing bowl/Pensieve
Sam/Ron
Merry and Pippin/The Weasly brothers
Gandalf/Dumbledore(This has bothered me for years JK completely copied this character to a t)
A Dumbledore is a creature in the lord of the rings
Destroying ring,destroys dark Lord/Same with Voldemort with destroying horcruxes
The spiders
Wormtongue/Wormtail
Éowyn/Ginny
Ringwraiths,Dementors
The council of elrond/The order of the Phoenix
Frodo/Harry
Merry saying about his friends "They cannot fight this war on your own"/Scrimgour saying to harry "You cannot fight this war on your own Mr potter"
Harry being a horcrux/Frodos behavior with the ring
Gandalfs light with his staff/Lumos
Quest for the horcruxes/Quest for the ring
Jrr Tolkien lived in the UK so does rowling lotr is a highly popular book so rowling muster have read it
THREE HEADED DOG IN THE HOBBIT,THREE HEADED DOG IN HARRY POTTER
Anglo Saxon dining hall in rohan,the great hall
Gandalf battling the fire balrog in the dwarf mine,Dumbledore defeating the dead bodies in a cave/mine
I AM ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTED THAT JK ROWLIBG LITERALLY COPIED AND PAST GANDALF TO CREATE DUMBLEDORE,A DUMBLEDORE IS EVEN A CREATURE IN LOTR
Gandalf mentoring Frodo,DUMBLEDORE mentoring harry
Old man willow/The womping willow

All you had to do was use google.

>Very good Gryffindor. You saved the world.
>Unfortunately, Slytherin finished their homework on time
How is that better?

Seriously? Half of that was like "Harry Potter had trees, so did Lord of the Rings!"

Because you get house points for doing your homework, not saving the world. If they want to cancel classes and send everyone out on adventures for class points, it'd be one thing. But Slytherin actually followed the rules and were punished for it.

Think about it, they entered the Great Hall decorated to celebrate Slytherin's win and last minute, he's like "Nah jk".

because Slytherin are the bad guys so I have to side with them because I am different

Wow. That argument just broke my spine. You win.

All of these are common elements used in fantasy. It's like you've never played an RPG

>puts all the bad guys in the same house
>the house turns out to be evil

Nice writing

LOTR is just a re-packaged version of The Odyssey. What's your point?

Video games using elements from fantasy epics is totally natural. I'm talking about movies and books not video games.

Name one fantasy novel/movie that is this similar to LOTR. I mean, if all of these are common elements in fantasy then there has to be another one with two inseparable dumb sidekicks, three headed dogs, object(s) that can insta-kill the villain when destroyed, tall white-robe wearing mentors, etc. right?

>LOTR was a good copy. Harry Potter was a terrible copy. The world would rather read and watch the terrible copy (barring one or two) rather than the good copy. The woman who copied the whole thing is now a millionaire. How does that make you feel Sup Forums.

My original post for dummies and reddit fags.

Well desu in the book they do lose 150 points because they were caught sneaking around the castle, so Dumbldore just gave those points back

EVER

Slytherin did nothing wrong. Also best house.

Boo fucking hoo. Give Slytherins the house cup when they stop Voldemort.

This.
Also, dumbledore is playing the strings behind harry's future since that moment, of course he's gonna favor him and his house.

>the odyssey
>not a shit copy of the epic of gilgamesh

>they don't immediately arrest slytherin kids
Why, 75% of their house pledged to the ultimate evil wizard, we're there evil hufflepuffs they never showed?

It's really peculiar how Dumbledore would just absolutely decimate the rightful winners of such an important event. Oh wait, no it isn't because it happened in in one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Voldemort had to be dumbed down so Harry could beat him

Im not sure I want to be a wizard.

There he goes.

Saving the world isn't related to school
If I go out as a vigilante at night, i'm not going to get better grades at university

Good grades aren't the only thing that earn you points at Hogwarts.

Imagine being a good Slytherin boy, getting good grades, always on good behaviour but all the other houses keep looking down on you because of the stigma, getting treated like shit by every teacher except Snape and all finalized by Dumblefuck completely rigging the point systems to have Gryffindor win every year despite the hard earned efforts of your peers.

I'd become a death eater too.

How is stopping voldemort going to make you any better at being a civil engineer, we are here to learn not to goof off.

This is where Rowlings writing really gets exposed as crappy.
Slytherin is portrayed as the villain team, only consisting of assholes and evil people, despite there plenty of good wizards having went to their house

For starters, you'll be able to finish your education because Voldemort won't kill you.

>25% of the population but commit 90% of the crime

what did Rowling mean by this

You know what else kills people? Sinkholes!!

Why isn't this poorly written children's series living up to my manchild standards bros?

Or you can just read the book like a normal person instead of over analysing it like some elite faggot.

>(you)

It's one of the countless examples of JK Rowling being really bad at consistency.
The 4 houses are supposed to have approximately the same number of students at all times, and Hogwarts is supposed to have between one and two thousand students.
With about 250 students per house at the absolute minimum, the points don't make any fucking sense.

Slytherin are white people in 2017.
They get accused of everything just because the more special and underprivileged snowflakes must be right by default, every accomplishment is diminished by implying it was just obtained through privilege and connections, and the only ones who aren't reviled are the ones who betrayed their own kind to appease the unwashed masses.

Truly, JK Rowling was a genius of political rhethoric.
That is, if she wasn't braindead retarded.

Horcruxes are the only thing that seems like a ripoff. Everything else is a stretch or a typical fantasy trope.

>Slytherin
>earned points with grades
Snape just gives them a billion points for turning up to potions.

next level autism

Which mental illness is this?

All you plebs whining that Dumbledore rips off Gandalf, when Gandalf is a ripoff of Väinämöinen.

let me demolish your argument in one sentence.

points can be deducted.

obviously for every hermione granger, there is 1 total ass who brings the point totals down. plus you have snape deducting points from gryffindor whenever possible, and then teachers like mcgonagall retaliate by deducting points from slytherin and so on. it's just one big passive-aggressive shitfest for a meaningless trophy. no one gave shit to dumbledore for fixing the competition right at the end because everyone's been trying to fix it since day 1. only year-1 retards like harry and ron would actually give a shit about winning the fucking house cup because they don't know it's a sham at that point. all the older kids are cheering ironically.

>good Slytherin boy
no such thing
The good people go to the other 3 houses depending on whether they're smart, brave, or lazy.

Slytherin is solely for wizard supremacists.

Everyone forgot the part in the first book where Harry and co singlehandedly lost 150 points for Gryffindor. All Dumbledore did was return those points.

AAAAAAAAAAA

>still being butthurt about details in a children's book series years after it was made, well into your adulthood

What the fuck is with people these days

>Dumbledore's "security" system could be cracked within 1 year by first year students
>he let Death Eaters waltz into Hogwarts
>when a giant snake ran loose on school grounds, he didn't care and let a couple of students solve the problem
How was the guy headmaster for so long?

>and then teachers like mcgonagall retaliate by deducting points from slytherin
McG never unfairly deducted from Slytherin, they made a point of it in the book. Snape is the only one who pulled that shit

>with their grades
With Snape awarding them points by the bunch and docking points from other houses for existing.

harry potter BTFO

I know right

>methodically kills wizards against him either by himself or sending out his death squads
>the organisation disbands into secrecy because their leader is so damn powerful and it's a huge blow to lose him
>we are to expect an organisation like this is beaten by a bunch of students
>we are to expect that Voldemort would actually lose at any point to the main characters
>we are to expect that Voldemort wouldn't immediately send death squads to guard the pieces of his soul
So disappointing

DIAGUNALLY!

Snape didn't pull any shit. If you're going to interrupt people by talking over them in class and be late you're going to lose points for being a poor student. He was doing his job, otherwise they wouldn't have a system where points could be taken away in the first place.

teachers can deduct points too. probably snape removing 100 points per wrong mark on tests made by gryffindor students

>he

there's also a part in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, when Snape curses out Hermione for coming into class late and calls her a "worthless mudblood" and says that "fifty years ago we'd have you upside-down with a fucking wand up your ass"

point is you can't take all the stuff in the book for granted. some of it is just Rowling letting her beliefs and ego influence her writing

>have a house where all of the villains come from
>I know what I'll do, I'll treat them all unfairly and show them that hard work means shit when you can just cheat your way through life much easier

Thanks Drumpfledore.

Liberalism

Snape once took points from Harry for not helping Neville. After previously been shown taking points for people helping Neville

The book is all canon, regardless if you like it or not. Besides, even ignoring it, there's 0 evidence of anyone else being biased. McGonagail is even shown taking points that ruin her houses chances in the cup without a second thought

>helping a student during a test is bad
>helping a student during a group activity is good

Such hypocrisy!

Fuck you man, I never see that Star Wars shirt anywhere but in these meme images

Someone must have got real butthurt about someone they personally knew wearing it

> Nicolas Flammel wasn't in any books they could find
> Was Dumbeldore's alchemy partner
Seriously? They couldn't find him anywhere?

I imagine Voldemort was significantly weaker after he came back. Not just in terms of his actual power, but even of his organization's size and structure.