GOING TO THE CINEMA ALONE: DOES Sup Forums ACTUALLY DO THIS?

Do you guys really do this?

Don't you feel bad when you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VaWCEzfXCaU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Do you guys really do this?
yes
>Don't you feel bad when you do it?
no, im watching a film, its not a social activity

>its not a social activity

it is when you go to the cinema

I saw arrival alone, it was no problem really. I recommend going at a screening earlier in the day/evening though, so it's not so crowded, at least that made me less self conscious. I also have to start going to superhero flicks alone from now because all my friends find them chidlish.

it helps if you're just a normal dude ,well dressed and that people can tell actualy have friends but you just decided to see this movie alone. In the end no on really cares i guess.

It depends on the film, something like Jurassic World or whatever summer blockbuster is out I would see it with friend. Whereas something like Dunkirk I would rather watch alone.

You're not supposed to talk during the movie so I just remove all temptation. Feels great.

>I also have to start going to superhero flicks alone from now because all my friends find them chidlish.

that...should be a hint to you, manchild

it's only a problem, if you beliveve it's aproblem

Here by yourself again?

It's this thread again.

yes i do go alone. not always.
my friends are normies and never want to watch good films.
>john wick, logan, dunkirk, : i'll find someone to go with, no problem
>neon demon, silence, colossal: i just get weird looks and fake excuses

I used to go 3-4 times a month alone when I was a teenager. I started going with my sister when they enforced the no singles policy in my area. These days I go with my girlfriend.

Going alone is maximum comfy

>Large Popcorn and Soda
>Snuggled under your blanket you bring because every god damn movie theater in the United States sets their temperature to Antarctica
>Don't have to worry about the person next to you checking their watch or even worse looking at their bright phone

w-where is Robert?

>it's only a problem, if you beliveve it's aproblem

This is what social misfits tell themselves.

Your whole lifestyle is a problem.

You're not a normal dude who is well dressed. That's one thing I'm certain of after reading your post.

>I hate being reminded that I have nobody to go to the movies with

Sorry sir, this is a COUPLES ONLY entrance. Singles have to use the service stairwell to go in through the mines.

>tfw no singles policy
I wish I could, OP. Haven't had a kino shower in months

>Your whole lifestyle is a problem.
Not my problem.

mighty fine projection you have there, user

What the fuck is this "no singles" thing? What fucking country do you live in where you can't go to the movies by yourself?

> In last year of high school doing a film studies class
> Teacher starts lecturing
>Who here has ever been to a movie by themselves?
> I'm the only one to raise my hand
> Cute brunette girl bursts into laughter
>"Haha why would anyone do that? That's so stupid, you would have to be so sad!"
> Teacher gets on my side but is still embarrassed for me.

Fuck roastie sluts who don't appreciate kino and need people around them constantly to validate their existence.

It's because of the movie theater shooting

Singles are not accepted at certain theater chains. The ones that do have to enter through a complicated underground maze to gain the permission required to attend the cinema.

It's a meme you dip.

You're only truly alone in the kino lobby. Once you get your falcon, you're in good company

I used to work at a movie theater. Generally, nobody is going to notice or even care that you're there by yourself unless you do something (like making a lot of noise and disturb other viewers or making a huge mess) to draw attention to yourself. There are a lot of people who go see movies alone, particularly on weekdays.

Fuck no, I absolutely hate going to the cinema.
I only go with my old man because it's closest thing we'll have to bonding.

I was forced to spend a night in the theater's jail as a result of my lying about being single and my credit history. I could not even procure a refund for my large popcorn and soda pop.

America.

>There are a lot of people who go see movies alone, particularly on weekdays.

This is not true and you know it.

Women lives entirely revolve around social validation. The saddest women are the lonely ones. So yeah, basically fuck her since her opinion doesn't matter. She can't find hapiness on her own.

It really isn't.

The no singles policy it's real, it was a sad day for sad people.

No it isn't.

How often do you guys even go to the cinemas? I've been like twice in the last 10 months. Movies are shit regardless

It was usually older ladies, but sometimes there were younger people too.

10 years ago I used to go once a week, or once every 2 weeks, depending what was on. Few years ago I was going around once a month, and now I go maybe once every 2 or 3 months.

The only theater that did singles night around here closed so I'm shit out of luck these days.

Can you tell what the deal with ushers walking across the floor during a movie, wielding some stick with a red light is about?

Was watching Dunkirk at a theater and every half-hour, some usher would just walk across the room for something. Wouldn't be too bad but he had some sort of stick that was flashing a goddamn bright red light.

Like fuck, I wanted to shout at the guy. We're all trying to watch a goddamn movie

I work afternoons/nights and my friends work during the day so I go alone quite a bit. Just be a normal person and no one gives a shit.

its the penis inspector wand

I see three to four movies at a time and none of my friends have the willpower. I get maybe a double feature with a friend, and they're paranoid about being caught the whole time too. I just finished up work early and saw girls night, atomic blond and dunkirk.

I assume people working there have noticed the one guy who is there for 7-10 hours but I just stride confidently from one theater to the next and buy something at concessions and they dont seem to care.

I love my capeshit so I go to see that. Also certain movies like Dunkinno. So that would be around 7-10 times a year.

why do some theaters inspect your penis?

Yes

The red stick can tell the usher if you've been sexually active in the last 48 hours or not. If it begins blinking and sounding an alarm it means there is an inactive in the crowd and they have to be removed before the film can proceed.

I've never done it but only because I'd feel like a twat if I did.

They're required to inspect the auditoriums to see if people are being noisy or if they're doing stuff like recording the movies.

My kinoplex does manual inspection, it's uncomfortable at first, but sometimes you get a qt 3.14 assigned for inspection. Makes for a very kino pre shower routine

You guys joke about no singles policy, but in Australian cinema they actually have couple-only seats. Like you can only book them if you book the one next to it too

You mean that Sup Forums lied to me???

>go with friends
>they won't shut up and keep asking you questions about the plot during deeply intellectual kino like Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Some cinemas have that around here as well. The dual seats are in the best spots too, around the middle so all the losers in the single seats can look at you and your gf and have their evening ruined.

Having stupid friends is the best, user. You're the smartest guy in the room all the time and can play people against each other to keep your place in the group.

What cinema chain mate?

Event cinemas, the VMAX ones have couple seats in like every row. The one I went to was in Parra

Went there with me girl, at first I didn't know what it was, I thought it was just an online booking thing so you get to sit together, but when i got there, it was actually like a sofa. My gf didn't know either, when she saw it, her face lit up. pretty much cuddled throughout the whole movie

I went to see Baby Driver the other day, I noticed at least 4 other people in there on their own so that soothed my nerves a bit.

I fail to see a problem. You're going to be sitting in silence anyway so why would you feel the need to take a group unless you're asked to join one?

Man, I am anti-social as all hell but even I don't go to the cinemas alone. There's just no point. It feels like a waste of money. I always have at least 1 friend with me. Just to talk to before the film begins. Or to clarify something in the movie. Or to make shitty jokes. Or to talk about it after it's over. Whatever. Going alone just feels a waste.

As you get older, you'll become more comfortable with doing things solo

The only cinema in my town has been no singles for about two years.

Your friends are shitty friends, when one of my friends wants to go to a movie and tell us to go we go regarding which one it is if we have time, we also are okay by going by ourselves so stop this meme op, this is not /r9k/

It's a tricky question. If you are truly confident,you wouldn't care but then again,if you are truly confident you would have friends wanting to go to the cinema with you. So I am going to say it's loserish. The only way I would see it as okay is when you are in a foreign city on business and have nothing to do.

Stfu Normie

Those must be so fucking filthy

Nah movies are the least social activities of them all. When I go with my GF we make out the whole time. When i go alone i am focused on a movie only.

Lol, no. As if anyone gives a shit what others think or say about a person seeing a movie solo.

>mfw I live in a backwater town that got a top of the line IMAX cinema for some reason but no ever goes so I get to watch premieres in halls with only 4-5 other people in it max
>also tickets are $5

I still go with people because I have friends.

>Can you tell what the deal with ushers walking across the floor during a movie, wielding some stick with a red light is about?

I've never seen this before. Is this some big city thing or a European thing? Here theater workers only walk inside a screen to clean up after the movie is done. Sometimes they pop their heads in before a movie starts to check something, but they NEVER enter the room during the movie.

It's Americans and their insecurities

I'm from Vic, and to my knowledge neither Hoyts or Village here do that sorta thing. Sounds pretty nifty though.

I do go alone when the movie I'll watch is something my friends don't want to see. I watched The Neon Demon and Knight of Cups alone, for example.

Aside from that, sometimes I go alone in the afternoon to take a break from work and have some time for myself.

Dunno why so many people are insecure about it. Godard, Miyazaki, and many others went to the theatre alone.

imagine all the jizz from all the handjobs given there. yuck.

I do it all the time and I give no fucks. I go to the theater to see a movie on a big screen with a nice sound system, I'm not there to socialize. My favorite time to go to a movie is on a Sunday morning before noon because there's only ever like 5-10 people watching with me at the absolute most, and they're also all there to avoid the crowds and noise so we all respect each other and stay quiet and don't sit near one another. It's glorious bliss.

Singles sitting in the side rows clean it up after every showing

yes

no, was kinda weird the first time, but not really

Ahh damn, yeah it's pretty cool. AFAIK only event cinemas have actual dedicated couple only seats. Hoyts, Dendy or Reading don't have them (the other cinemas in sydney), except for the occasional ones where you can lift up the handrest

Somebody explain the falcon meme to me

>Americans actually do this

im about to go see balerian

Are you 15?

Maybe you should just go to your local kinoplex to find out instead. I'm posting from the mines right now.

bring back Robert

>he has to have someone with him to go into a dark room where no one talks

How beta do you have to be?

desu i pretty much only go to press screenings

I am 30yo. And 99 percent of all the movies I have been (I go few times a year) to i went alone.

To make sure the only crabs in the cinema are the legs from the concessions stand

>30 years old and goes to movies to make out like a horny teenager

im still pissed some critics are calling it star wars copy not not knowing its hacklucas that stole it from the original comics

jelly as fuck 20-something virgin

I always go to girls movies and have a notebook ready, then I make contact with a group of girls and give them the ol gosling smirk and one or two of them usually move seats to get closer to me. When they ask why i'm in this movie I point at the notebook and say I write a review for the paper and then get them into a conversation.

It usually leads to them giving me their numbers and later hot sex in the shower.

But only works if you're somewhat /fit/, decently dressed and are tall and handsome.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VaWCEzfXCaU&feature=youtu.be

>if you're somewhat /fit/, decently dressed and are tall and handsome
If you were any of these things you wouldn't have to go through all these hoops to get laid, fucking loser.

Literally no one brings a notebook to a movie or has sex in the shower.

t. movie critic who has sex

>Replying sincerely to an old bait pasta

I'm going to my first movie in over a year. What is the best theater experience between Baby Driver and Dunkirk?

>he doesn't pirate his media and watch it in the comfort of his home