Nice cinamatography, good acting and i'm happy that Leo won the Oscar...

Nice cinamatography, good acting and i'm happy that Leo won the Oscar, but to be honest this is one of the most boring movies i've ever watched.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/horlly.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stop using words you don't know the meaning of

Based Hardy was acting circles around Leo. He should've won

You haven't seen very many movies then. It was nowhere near one of the most boring movies ever.

Basically this, his day will come though he's actually still in stuff and not just a meme like Leo

sry for the mistake, cinematography

A difficult subject. Robert Silverberg has written a short story about this (the long Crawl of Hugh Glass"). It starts out just like you would expect an adventure story to start out, and then it becomes obvious how it suddenly dawned on him what a horrifyingly boring story describing a lonely guy crawling a hundred miles through dirt would ACTUALLY make. Silverberg squeezed in a half-hearted dream sequence and then wraps up the story with a totally lame ending. You can tell how he slammed his typewriter shut and said "fuck this shit, Imma just gonna offer this to somebody so all the time I have spent on this is not wasted, maybe someone is dumb enough to buy it"

>good acting

>good acting

Hardy should have been the one who got the Oscar. DiCaprio won it during the same year he started virtue signalling about environment from the deck of his gigayacht. Pure coincidence, I am sure.

its a great movie but the pace of it makes it an acquired taste. not for the likes of people here who gobble up any capeshit that gets released

people here seem to really dislike leo though, must be because hes a good actor

This film looks balls to the wall amazing.

Too bad they butchered the story
Too bad Leo can't act for shit

Oh great, another Hardy fag. It's just another movie where you can understand a third of what he says. H'es MUH PELTS for 2 hours. Nothing about him is a good character and his acting is mediocre.

Stunning to look at.

yes hes just such a terrible actor! that thing callled acting, he really cant do it. leonardo di caprio has never acted or done any good acting or anything lol!

I agree famaladong.

I am not Hardyfaq, Hardy is just objectively better in this than Leo, who just screams for two hours.

For me the guy who played the villain was the standout character in this film... not Leo

Screaming after watching his son die and being mauled by a bear and being hunted. I'll take that over Hardy's best Jeff Bridges impersonation yelling about pelts.

I agree, he deserved an oscar for some of this other works but the revenant was boring as fuck.
There was no twists or surprises, just a bland revenge story

Man, this. I like the movie, I like Leo but the big guy made Leo look like a scrub.

For me the best part of this movie was Hardy complaining about his shitty life

>MUH PELTS

>that mountain of Indian skulls in one of Leo's flashbacks
But seriously, Hardy BTFO'd Leo in this movie, in the story and acting-wise. I live in Alberta, where a lot of this shit was filmed. The grizzly attack was fucking amazing, and scary as shit because I work in the woods, in grizzly country.

I was rooting for Hardy all the way through. If they hadn't shoehorned in the half-breed son who wasn't in the book then I would probably change my opinion

Someone should make a fan edit where post-burial Glass scenes are cut away, lel.

AGI and Malick's CGer sure had a vision for the film

the 4k bluray has the best color grading

His acting performance has gone worse and worse. Now he looks like shit and trying to hard

Top leo movies

Beach
Catch me if you can
Titanic

These movies were his prime

10bit colors + rec 2020 color space = sex.

They're Buffalo skulls

I'm not that user and I like Leo but I have never been able to see him in movies as anything other than "Leonardo Dicaprio being sad" or "Leonardo Dicaprio being forceful". He's done a lot of good films but he isn't a very versatile talent.

We can all agree the Indian attack at the start of the film was awesome right?

The most boring movie ever is Under the Skin.

Beat that.

Yeah it was boring like Frost, Melville, Hawthorne, and Thoreau are boring, aka your a fucking pleb.

my.mixtape.moe/horlly.jpg

>error file size too big
cuck chan

>your

>3

What's the difference? Is this HDR? I presume it's not noticeable on a standard 1080 monitor?

What happens when you watch a standard BD on that, it's just not taking advantage of the extra colours?

The UHD Blu-ray shows much more range (HDR hype). HD Blu-ray is way too bright and lacks saturation. On the downside, there are various parts that some would consider crushed blacks. Overall I and the people I asked find the UHD Blu-ray vastly superior. Additionally, some scenes show different framing, which indicates a different master.

You cannot detect the difference if you do not have monitor that is capable of HDR (higher luminous + 10 bit colors + rec 2020 color space).

I can. And it's beautiful.

>What happens when you watch a standard BD on that, it's just not taking advantage of the extra colours?
Well, it cannot invent colors out of its own ass. Contrast-brightness improvement of a better monitor will improve even standard bluray though.

but it cant invent colors to which dont exist in rec 709 color space

love the atmosphere of coldness and nature in this film, it's pure kino

it's already tough to find a good contrast brightness calibration on modern screen IMO. I still sometimes tweak mine when I put a film on. seems tricky to have something that darkens it further

OLED's are fairly easy to calibrate. I put the highest brightness where the blacks are shut and contrast to near max. Works for both film and games. Filling the color profile is very hard, I'm glad my came with two professional color profiles.

>Well, it cannot invent colors out of its own ass

Of course not but what colours does it use then? Are they the same as a BD on a non-HDR 1080p TV or is it different because of the different master? Are you actively losing out if you watch a BD on a HDR 4K TV?

Google rec 2020 and then google rec 709 and compare color spaces.

It uses the colors that are in the film. This question is quite insane, I do not understand.

> a BD on a HDR 4K TV?
No.

WELL THATS ALL ANONS HOPE SOMEONE HAD FUN WATCHING PICTURES

BUT..

Lots of Snyderian shots in this movie.