How is this flick any different from Toy Story or The Lego Movie...

How is this flick any different from Toy Story or The Lego Movie? Seems to me that every reviewer is just a jaded Gen Xer who hates everything that doesn't pander to their own nostalgia. Just let the kids have this one. Emojis and phones are what Gen Z kids today can identify with.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vddEvqS6M4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because it's shit

>Sup Forums has become so contrarian it likes The fucking Emoji Movie

>become

praise quality: no (you)s
shit on shit: some (you)s
shit on quality: more (you)s
praise shit: get many (you)s

Of course the fedora-tipping redditors who manage rotten tomatoes can’t grasp multi-layered ironic satire when they see it. I just watched it and I was literally in shock by how one thing can be so kíno. It wasn’t meant to be a comedy; it wasn’t meant to be a kids movie. It was supposed to be watched as an allegory for the modern world’s blind acceptance of anything that’s presented as being cool just for its own sake. The very act of watching the movie was it telling you “See? You like to use emojis everyday and so does everyone around you so you have to watch this because you’re part of the grotesque machine that is modern pop culture”. The screen was laughing at me and I enjoyed every moment of it. Of course Reddictor McAtheists won’t ever understand that, their small “le epic upboat XD” brains could never allow them to pull their heads out of their asses and really appreciate the art that is Le Filmé Emojie. Fuck reddit, man. The movie was great.

What did he mean by this?

Lego movie
>fantastic satire on consumerist "everything's all right continue to purchase" mindset
>visual style that emulates the legos themselves in an environment of extreme flair and dazzle
>completely without mean-spirited snark
>full of great performances
>kineticism actions scenes by a great comedic directing duo

Emoji Movie
>shameless cashgrab
>bland, boring aesthetic
>humor comes from characters insulting eachother and self-depricating and deficating
>not an ounce of creativity or satire
>wastes actors on a bland, unfunny script
>television-tier directing

Cause it doesn't have a scene like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=vddEvqS6M4o

Okay, but take the films themselves aside and think about the pre-release buzz. The Emoji movie was hated right from the get go, since it was announced before anything was known about it. The very idea of an emoji movie was widely hated. Why? Compare that to the expectations of the Lego Movie where everyone was excited to see it. They are both films about things mostly kids use, one digital and one plastic. So why the difference in expectation. I say only because of the inability of Gen Xers and Milenials to cope with the fact that their time is passing and their cultural interests will soon be left behind. This is what the Emoji movie represents and why it is so hated.

Because people don't have feeling for emojis. Many of people played with legos and had their favorite toys. No one has a favorite emoji. It's like making a movie about letters.

One is a medium of creativity that even adults can enjoy because literally everyone for the last sixty years knows and has used legos at some point as a child

The other is literal destruction of creativity as a medium by reducing language into a series of simplified pictures approved by corporate robots

Because the movie was unironically shit that appeals to no one

Its bad and not even in a funny way

>le contrarian negro

He didn't even review the movie and he'd never use the words fedora-tipper and redditor

That user cannot emulate Armond's style

It has no heart.

It's pretty much Wreck it ralph. They even go int out apps.

Maybe because of this?

This would've worked if Armond was actually pro irony but he isn't

>The very idea of an emoji movie was widely hated. Why?
Because of the Sony email hacks, retard?

It genuinely could be a good movie. The score of 2/10 indicates to me, that they went in trying to hate it. It's probably bad, but not as bad as the reviews are making it seem.

Don't know what you're talking about because when the lego movie was announced people expected shit and were blown away with what was released.