Would you be happier if Spider-Man Homecoming was straight up Peter and a bunch of original characters?

Would you be happier if Spider-Man Homecoming was straight up Peter and a bunch of original characters?

Yes. By far.

Why are white people so afraid of niggers?

I don't give a shit.

I have no problem with black characters. I just don't like it when white characters are turned black. And the SJWs and black racists are so smug about it when they'd be screaming bloody murder if it were done in reverse.

I'm fine for race-changing, but these interpretations of the characters are so different they may aswell be new characters.

That's what I meant, why are white people so scared of what niggers think. Even now I see white people defending these castings and calling everyone a racist if they don't like it.

Yes. At least then I'd KNOW it was gonna be dogshit already, as opposed to just suspecting it really really deeply.

the swaps involve other races too though

The only problem I have is Flash being shorter and looks more like a nerd than Peter does. I'm interested to see how they're going to try to justify that in the film. Also,

>white people
I'm asian

I really don't give a shit. They're a bunch of side characters that'll be flat and one-dimensional regardless of if they're established or not. It's a 2 hour action movie. At best the main character has a small character arc.

It's just going to be a completely different dynamic

>GOAT Flash

No one's bitching about the Asians or Latinos though.

>You will never see TASM Flash become Agent Venom

It was probably never going to happen anyway but it's still sad.

It isn't about blacks really.

White's are in the middle of a tribal war and the progressive whites use blacks as a weapon against their conservative enemies.

They don't care about blacks as people, its more about how they perceive each other. Look at how quickly progressives will attack a black person with conservative values.

Political correctness. And it's getting out of hand. I'm seeing a lot of comments against the Flash casting that say stuff like "I don't care what race he is, but Flash isn't short and skinny." Or for Mary Jane "I don't care what race she is, but MJ is a redhead." Though occasionally you'll find the black guy who posts "Nah man. Flash is supposed to be a big white dude."

I hated ASM but man, this Flash was great. A little too nice though, but that's kind of what the real character is like. Jerk with a heart of gold.

I don't hate black people. I just can't stand the idea of liberals laughing in their heads and patting themselves on one another's backs.

I gave up on it when they made Ned Leeds a high schooler. I was hoping they would finally do it right and save MJ and Gwen for when he gets into college, but they fucking ruined it again.

Daily reminder. These are the demographics of Forest Hills, Queens. 59.58% white people. Only 3.73% black people.

Would any of them be JJ Green?

>A little too nice though, but that's kind of what the real character is like. Jerk with a heart of gold.

It would've been perfect for Agent Venom. I forget did he even have a role or anything in ASM2?

Nope. I'm sick of them making Spidey younger every reboot, even before I got sick of forced diversity.
Just fucking make a Miles Morales movie already and kill two birds with one stone - his Uncle Ben moment was way more compelling than Pete's anyway.

How is that in any way more compelling than Pete's near-identical death of a loved one?

It's a woman

They were and still are bitching about flash, but they were mostly using poo in loo jokes.

Does the fact that the movie takes place in queens and broad demographics of queens are different from forrest hills change anything?

From census.gov.

Does't he go to school in Manhattan though?

why is everyone playing the "you're just racist" card?

fuck off if you don't like this thread then let me suck your dick while you call me a dirty slut and then cum all over my face and steal my panties and leave in an allyway covered in your cum like the dirty cumdumpster slut i am

Here's what I want to know...WHY!? What does it add to the character? Nothing? If anything, it takes away from the character by implying that you can just make them more different or unique by making them black?

What ever happened to Feige saying he wanted this to be more faithful to the comics than previous installments? Yeah, Peter's in High school and poor, but why all htese drastic changes that won't bring an audience in? I mean, why appeal to such a minority that won't see it unless the male characters are done awfully?

Who's idea was this?
Do they actually think it'll bring in MORE people when it'll probably not?
Will these casting choices remain permanent?
Will the movie suck?

It's makin' me head hurt guys. I really feel fucking scared, because they can't reboot this one so soon, because it'll be part of the universe now for good.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO JUST MAKE A SPIDER-MAN MOVIE?

In that case...

What does he mean by this?

absolutely yes.

Making OC's that work is not hard
it worked with chat

Been living under a rock. What's everyone pissed about?

The fact that there are more than just white people living in New York City.

Sometimes OCs are better than the adapted character.

Making a white-character and turning them black to score brownie points for tumblr

Honest question... Does hollywood and Marvel know that there are more races then White and Black?

Which character?

Yes, I think I actually would. If they're good, then they can be added into the comics. It's how we got Jimmy Olsen, Harley Quinn, and Firestar.

Mary-Jane Watson

Mary Jane Watson although the actress' character is called Michelle and her reveal as MJ is suppose to be a "twist"

I don't like it because they changed characters. I wouldn't like a white T'Challa. I wouldn't like a white Terrific. I didn't like the black Human Torch.

I just don't like the idea of changing a character but giving them the same name. Somebody else taking a mantle of whoever because of story? Makes sense. Suddenly making everybody different? Doesn't make sense.

When's Mary Jane's long lost cousin Mary Jane Watson going to be introduced in 616?

Yes, making original characters for film is a great idea. Tying them to comic characters increases expectations. These stories are their own the characters can be too. Besides, the best comic book movie villain we ever got was made for film.

>I wouldn't like a white Terrific

What, you don't like Fair Play?

If this is true its awful. This is like Kahn in star trek into darkness. It did nothing for the story or the characters and very little for the audience. It adds nothing of value to keep it hidden and reveal it later.

Hot damn. Totally forgot he existed because Holt is just such a better terrific. Still, you get my meaning about mantles and characters.

>Though occasionally you'll find the black guy who posts "Nah man. Flash is supposed to be a big white dude."
And those are told they have internalized racism and shouls shut up.

This shit has really accelerated. I mean for a while it was just black Nick Fury and that was based on the Ultimate version. Then around 2013 with the Flash TV show and the Wests, it really started to get out of hand. Now there's practically no chance that anything adapted from something in the past will not have at least one character turned into a minority and 90% of the time black.

No.

Uncle Ben started off dead whereas we had Miles' mom around for quite some time and her death was written to be emotionally gripping.

Even Gwen's death in the 70s didn't have that much depth because it's not what writers were going for back then. You never felt Pete suffer as much in those two cases as you feel for Miles, especially in the moment and after the fact.

Granted Pete has been given a lot more emotional moments starting in the late 80s (Yes, I'm THAT old) but it doesn't change how compelling his Uncle Ben moment was versus Miles.

>tfw we will never get latina liz allen in a movie
>tfw we will never get chat

Because it's the new Red Scare. In twenty years we'll all act as if calling everyone a racist was a silly thing to do and we'll act as if it didn't happen.

You're all so fucking retarded and reactionary. Jesus fuck, you're the reason the movie discussion should just be dumped on Sup Forums permanently.

Of course. The fat Asian is playing Ned Leeds, aka The Blobgoblin, aka Not-Ganke, aka Human Baymax

Year status: CURRENT

I mean, they basically are.

Ned Leeds is Ned Leeds in name only. Flash is apparently some rich kid.

And frankly, no one actually said this girl is MJ. She doesn't even have redhair on set. So for all we know, it could be bs or if its not, Marvel might back out of it.

Eh.

That's basically what it is but with Liz Allen. Which they had just recast Amazing Flash though.