WTF Sup Forums

How in the ever living FUCK do you retards support autonomous driving?
-Have you learned NOTHING from the latest /happening/? If the fucking NSA can't keep people from finding backdoors what makes you think Ford/Uber/Google are any less vulnerable?
-Can you honestly say with a straight face that you trust these corporations enough to not use the power they will have over the masses? You are literally handing them you're freedom. They can and no doubtably will have areas that will be "unavailable" for you to access.
>The protest downtown, please
>Sorry, that address is unavailable at this time, please don't try again, goyim, or your account will be suspended.
-It just takes ONE law to force these vehicles to require some form of ID or credit card in order to use them, do you like having records of your movement recorded every time you get in a car?

Do you not see this is a total fucking disaster just waiting to happen?

Because they will be decentralized and transactions will be made on the Ethereum blockchain using citizen computers running publically readable code.

As for the cars themselves, we already have cars that can let them track us, and even shut our engines off remotely. There's nothing we can do about that part.

My brother is dead because flesh bags are still allowed to drive. Fuck you in the ass.

Wtf I hate cars now

>implying I will ever turn my life over to a machine

ford is going out of business. let them.

Are you the movie watching dead tesla driver

This

OP is right, supporting autonomous driving is bluepilled as fuck.

That's a poor argument. Here, I'll show you how:
>My brother is dead because civilians are still allowed to carry. Fuck you in the ass.

Jesusfuck! Is Sup Forums full of "me too me too!" assholes?
>some posted about driverless cars and it got hella replies.
>I'll do it too!
There's like 4 fucking threads.
And it happens all the fucking time with any subject.

People are stupid.

Personally I'm just waiting for someone to get Clintoned by having their auto-driving car be hacked to drive off a cliff.

The price for liberty is death.

Self driving cars is perfectly fine.

Giving them built in wireless is just fucking braindead stupid though for reasons that are obvious.

You can buy a car made before 2001.

My fear is that self-driving cars could become mandatory, and car ownership will become a thing of the past. Not like I can't keep a truck around just in case but when I'm starting to hide caches of illegal vehicles because of an authoritarian government I really don't like where society is heading.

I support it because of the potential for a computer virus to turn our streets into Carmageddon 2.

They're going to have to have some kind of wireless capability so they can send user data to improve the AI.

Which means we're fucked.

Im only against this if im not Supreme Dictator of tomorrows dystopian technology driven regime.

its not like anyone is forced to drive, i could see them making seperate lanes for autonomous vehicles, it would be a stretch to force everyone to ride an autonomous vehicle.

I figure controlled testing in order to generate enough of this data wouldn't be out of the question, in multiple environments etc etc

If they're legit planning on mass marketing this shit with built in wireless they're fucking morons.

What is with all the bitching?
I can finally drink and drive because of this.

Insurance companies, assuming self-driving cars are proven to be safer, would hike up insurance on people who drive their own cars over getting a self-driving one. Just like driving a sports car has a much higher insurance cost than a regular car.

most people in the US are still very poor and living paycheck to paycheck. Argue all you want that these people are just neanderthals that can't manage money, it only means people will just switch over to self-driving cars to save a buck.

Besides, people are fucking lazy. Just another reason to buy a self-driver.

I think they're going to want their AI to learn as much as possible.

It won't even be completely ready by the time it's released - They'll be relying on the first wave of buyers to complete the AI for them.

We're in for a future full of mysterious car deaths with "No way to prove" that anyone interfered with it

Underrated comment.

oh fug, forgot about the insurance companies. how long do you think full autonomy will take? I have a feeling 20 years tops.

The day they hack every car in the world to crash at high speed into targets we can just call "Carmageddon"

This is the greatest fear.

In the US the car is life.

if someone could just that easily "make" you have an accident....

I can totally see the NSA making sure they have a way to do this. Fits right up their alley.

Fully autonomy will take probably double that.

There are a LOT of cars in the US. And we haven't even begun to distribute.

In order to manufacture well over 150-200 million vehicles and distribute them all across the country in 20 years? Not a chance.

I guarantee that if self driving cars become a thing, something will inevitably happen which will prompt (((politicians))) to propose a bill that gives law enforcement a backdoor into self driving cars. This will likely get passed because it sounds like a good idea to retards and (((subversives))), but for different reasons to both.

This will allow law enforcement to access any car, shut it down, lock the doors and seal you in pending their arrival. Of course then all it takes is someone in charge who wants to abuse that power and suddenly you're living in Minority Report. Allowing self driving cars is a worse idea than giving up your 2nd Amendment because of what it has the potential to become.

Ford said max 5 years until mass production, look it up on nyt

>My brother is dead because he trusted an autonomous car

Ftfy

so far they've proven far, far safer than human-driven cars

think how bad the average driver is

it's really fucking bad

I dont. I loath the idea of it.
and ive lost 2 good friends and my father to auto accidents

they're probably only going to try the whole self driving taxi thing because they know that no one will care about self driving cars enough to up and sell their current cars and then by brand new self driving ones
Also from every view point this is a terrible idea since I have never heard of any taxi business becoming as large and wealthy as international car manufacturers

Think how little self driving has been tested, as well as the areas it's been tested in

This is it, right here. People want to drive intoxicated, nap, watch TV, shitpost, paint their nails and whatever else while driving. They do it anyway. Now they'll do it without endangering everyone else.

the free market will fix it

since autonomous cars rarely have any accidents the price for those insurances will go down to almost nothing

the price of normal cars remains the same

thank you freedom

Don't think i'll ever be down for fully autonomous. I just can't envisage a software/hardware platform that hasn't had a failure at a critical point.

dont want my fucking car BSOD'ing on me at 110

Also hows it supposed to handle unsealed/gravel/rough road?

most people are so fucking stupid i wonder how they can still be alive

Except people own normal cars already and buying them used is far cheaper than buying self driving not to mention no one except hipsters living in downtown metropolitan areas will want to use taxi services everyday to go anywhere, especially not people living in rural areas