murrlogic1.deviantart.com/gallery/

I consider this better writing

Why are nerds so obsessed with coffee?

DUDE!

CAFFEINE!

LMAO!

What the hell is this from?

Where is this from?

I see this type of shit in Atomic Robo and people on here cream themselves over that craps because it doesn't take itself seriously which apparently absolves any and all issues with anything

I expect this from Neal Adams and that's because dude's already crazy, whoever wrote this had no excuse

The fuck is this? It's shitty, OP, why do you need us to reinforce the fact for you?

It's somewhat in character for Dr. Nemesis and the rest of the run is really good

X-Force by Simon Spurrier

I'll fuckin cut you ya loser. Adams dances with language like a goddamn tango pro. Also anyone who ever wrote SCIENCE! as a punchline needs to be gassed.

This is pretty much word for word what I was going to say.

No, it's not good writing. But when the right guy is writing it, Sup Forums will suddenly pretend it's good anyway.

What's the context?
It's sort of hard to make a judgment call on this without knowing what's supposed to be going on.
Lots of things look silly if you just focus on them and nothing else around them.

Really? I expected better from Spurrier.

Because I've seen a lot of wanking for Spurrier and half his characters are written in this ass speak.

WHat exactly is his character? He talks random 9gag tier shit and throws around insults that sound like something a retard thinks a smart person would say. But he's actually smart?

Is the Atomic Robo on-going different from the free issues?

>do you think it comes with...
with what?

Enjoy my man.

Depends on the context and the character saying it.

Biscotti! Hahaha get it? He's a super serious super smart guy but when it comes to coffee with biscotti?? SCIENCE can wait!

Do you consider this "good writing"?

Jesus, I hated this humor already five years ago and had hoped it would die out by now

>X-Force by Simon Spurrier
I knew it. It reads just like his pretentious babble.

I like how every writer Sup Forums doesn't like is "pretentious". Morrison is prententious. BKV is pretentious. Spurrier is prententious. Is pretentious the new "edgy"?

Sadly with more and more webcomic writers being hired to write proper comics, it's getting more and more popular.

Off the top of my head at Marvel right now: Gwenpool, Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, Patsy Walker. Bendis seems to lean into that type of humor with Iron Man. Ewing slips time to time. Spencer is guilty of that shit as well.

>Design a gatling laser and shoot him in his stupid face
>Nazi cyborg monkey
>Science-traumas
>Chromosomal geneborking
Fucking hell, this was written by an adult man who was paid for writing it.

I'm the biggest Morrisonfag, but even I'd say that he can be pretty pretentious.

Dude's making out like a goddamn bandit, all things considered. If someone wanted to pay me to write stupid bullshit, I'd do it, Sup Forums's opinion be damned.

>Weavers is me blowing psychedelic raspberries at a particular sort of crime story, and a particular sort of super-hero story. The sort, in either camp, which takes itself way too seriously. Said raspberries are delivered by liberally infusing that suit-wearing, power-having, pistol-waggling, crime-fighting, shallow-grave-digging mixture with my present aesthetic of choice, which is probably best described as “Lovecraft-meets-Del-Toro-with-added-smirking”

>Super-heroes work gorgeously and entertainingly when kept in, y'know, super-hero universes. Recognisable but distinct, like I said (and yes, “the ancient past” does count). Start trying to impose the archetype upon our own inconveniently complicated, paranoid, connected and irrational world and there are really only two outcomes: one is that you wind-up telling grimhook de-constructivist stories about how kinky, simplistic, silly, impractical, tyrannical or venal the whole notion is. The alternative is that you start teaching a generation of young comicbook readers that we really do (or, worse, should) live in a tidy world where everything can be reduced to good-versus-bad. ... With Weavers I wanted to do something that changed the emphasis away from that tiresome old tension between exaggerated fiction and grim reality (“two tropes enter, one trope leaves”).'

But no, Si Spurrier isn't pretentious at all.

Personally I think it's the funniest shit in the known science-universe

It's pretty shit writing but you can't argue it's sadly more true to life then you would think, lot's of PhD students talk like this so far as I have observed.

But guys, it's quirky and immature on PURPOSE!

>He talks random 9gag tier shit and throws around insults that sound like something a retard thinks a smart person would say. But he's actually smart?
that's actually pretty accurate.

God I hated Atomic Robo. Never understood why everyone jizzed themselves all over it.

Stupidest moment of Saga. Even more so than the dragon sucking his own dick and pissing.

>Chromosomal genoborking
Geneticist here. That's actually pretty funny.

I liked the dragon part. That line is garbage though

user, c'mon. Everyone knows men LOVE war. Man, there's nothing I'd love more than to be suckered into dying for someone else's cause.

>People get mad at this line
I don't know I think it's a pretty blatant reference to how women get raped to death when the men fail to protect them.

And who's job is it to protect the men?

Other men. That's generally how armies work.

But once the army fails the women just get fucked literally over and over while they get their tits cut off and then maybe if they're lucky they get shot in the head afterwards instead of getting sliced in the throat and being left to die in a puddle of semen.

>But once the army fails

You mean once all the men are also brutally killed or enslaved.

Good bait, you honestly got me to respond. I'm a little mad. 6.5/10

Forgive the turn of phrase but it's essentially memespeak.

It's lolsorandumb SPORK for the masses.

>But once the army fails
Yes, this is what always happens in every war ever even in the modern period.

I remember when Patreous graphically raped and mutilated a girl child after the Battle of Fallujah on live tv. The crowd was cheering!

>You mean once all the men are also brutally killed or enslaved.
Yeah you get your honorable deaths big whoop, you die in battle and you get saved the brutal torture of getting anally raped while watching enemy soldiers dive dick deep in your children.

Yeah and they never threw anyone's pet puppy off a cliff either, don't be so naive.

Is... is this what happens when tumblr listens to power metal?

> war rape only happens to women

You need to read more.

Yeah, that sucks. It sure as shit wasn't 'tits cut off and shot to death' level of bad, something that has been an execution offence in most armed forces since forever.

'War crimes exist, therefore war crimes are common, wide spread and normal' is the dumbest idea being peddled out there. 'Every Vietnam veteran was a baby raper', 'every Soviet/German raped farm girls and bayoneted their babies'.

i need context

If that type of writing is used on a character that you're supposed to hate, fuck yeah it's good.

Oh, see this really isn't that bad. He's not being presented as charming or funny he's unhinged.

Test

It's like reading Warren Ellis' forum.

Can't say I liked it. Not really sure what they want from either character.

Key?

>its a 'Sup Forums paints broad strokes about the quality of writing based on small out of context pages of dialogue' thread
Just so you know you're all idiots.

That's not how you write quirky dialouge about mundane shit

Goddamn is fruit in Japan expensive

We're hating on Spurrier's Nemesis now?

Spurrier has serious problems with dialogue. It's always there but in some cases it's tolerable, in others, well...

>Nazi cyborg monkey
I fucking know. Nazi cyborg gorillas are superior.

There's regular fruit, just somewhat more expensive than usual, and then there's super-gourmet fruit grown with extreme care intended for gift-giving purposes.

mentalfloss.com/article/19313/23000-cataloupe-and-other-expensive-melons

'science-tantrum' is a pretty good phrase

I would need more context.
Im inclined to assume it looks fine in context

>Atomic Robo
Fucking cancer that tried too hard.

It's baffling how this sort of humor has failed to evolve. It's unbearable, I want to get off this wild ride. It's the exact same kind of stupid shit some 14 year old would have a Megaman 7 sprite say.

>EPIC POWER SHOT OF AWESOMENESS ICE CREAM GOODNESS FOR THE WIN!11 XDDDD

>"fun" argument
Bleach yourself boy.

>not liking Atomic Robo
kill yourself.

That's not an argument either

One or both of you is Internet Man

The megamen

>rape
>real
We all know women are worthless sluts who want it and just pretend to not like it for victim points.

Not sure who invited you here, /r9k/.

the character's entire point is that he always spouts that inane shit

so, did they fug

you think armies don't rape men?

and you think men who surrender get treated humanely?

kek

ok hillary

And opinions like this are a reason why women should neither be seen nor heard.

This was written by a man though

>don't waste my time

-bill shakesguy