A documentary about Indian-Americans dealing with the Simpsons character Apu

youtube.com/watch?v=zGzvEqBvkP8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3X1bc4kNLHI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Apu
>Pu
>Poo

Literally nobody in India cares though, the indian americans are probably just attention whores like the rest of the immigrants in burgerland

>"I've had great success!"
>Decides "SIMSUNS IS RAYCISS!!!" is the hill he wants his juuuuuust-starting comedy career to die on

What happened to comedians waiting until they were old and past their prime to abandon comedy and just ramble on about politics

you would need a large hadron collider and a team of Swiss scientists to measure just how little I care about this.

Imagine... just imagine having so few problems in life that this is the biggest bugbear in your
existence?

Imagine being so fucking privileged in a world in a world of cruelty and injustice that this is the worst thing the absolute worst thing in your life.

If only we were all so lucky.

>kal penn hates the entirety of The Simpsons because of one character
What a baby

>Thank you very much. Come again.

meanwhile, scots happily embrace a far more stereotypical character because they have a sense of humor

He speaks the truth. Immigrants poo' s, sandskins and nogs alike all come to our countries use Jewish run media to bitch and moan about everything.

fuck em

Never heard a scot complain about groundskeeper willy
English love the big book of british smiles
Even fucking Germans laugh at "Ooooooh, the Germans!"

The fuck is wrong with Poos?

Who gives a fuck. Deal with it or get outta the country.

reminder that Indian-Americans are the highest earning nationality on average

It's just the ones trying to make it in hollywood, they realize they will never, ever be more famous and recognizable than a cartoon voiced by a white guy and it infuriates them

only the Pajeets of nu/tv/ would give this much of a shit for this movie to be discussed here

Wtf I love the Simpsons now

What's funny is whenever the Indians try to imitate the Apu voice, they barely sound any different from their natural voices, kek.

Who really gives a shit. The real problem is probably how they portrayed nuclear power and the nuclear power plant - as dangerous and essentially always on the brink of a calamity. Leading to flocks of retards wanting "muh solar energy" because nuclear power is "clearly evil".

How come they get so hung up on a white guy voicing a minority? Voice acting is pretty diverse where you have women voicing boys/children and black guy voicing a Japanese person

You've not noticed that the only ones that complain are non-white?

Weird how no Americans will bitch about everybody in Springfield being a dumb fat inbred fly over hick.
Non-whites are pussies and cowards.

i don't think anyone gives a shit about a white guy voicing a minority. carl is voiced by a white dude. it's just that apu has a stereotypical accent, though that really undercuts the fact that his character is pretty fleshed out.

REEEE FUCKING PC LIBERAL KEKSSSSSS *pees pants*

They were raised as average white Americans and its just them being IM 400% IRISH but for some reason it gets media attention.

It's almost like Apu is an Indian American too.

And lol at everyone thinking he's picketing Matt Groening's house and wanting Apu to be banned. While he thinks that Apu is a stereotype he is also recognizes that he is a fleshed out character which is more than can be said for most Indian characters on tv now, let alone twenty years ago.

But hey Sup Forums cant go one day without sperging out so they gotta get pissed off about someone talking about a fucking simpsons character

You don't understand, black people can't be racist.

Good, fuck matt groening

Ironic SJW posting is still SJW posting and is punishable by death.

There are plenty of other Scottish characters in American entertainment. Apu is the most prominent Indian character, and it's somewhat accurate because Indians work at convenience stores a lot

Apu is an Indian immigrant. His children are Indian Americans.

In that picture, he looks like an Indian version of Jeff Kaplan from the Overwatch design team.

Now watch as the guy tries to save face by saying "But he did the citizenship test!"

It's not stereotypical, it's literally the accent Indians have while speaking English.

but that literally happened

I recognize that dirty shitskin. He once did a commercial for PBS where he made up some bullshit story related to the Roots series, specifically the part where Kunte got whipped for denying his name was Toby. He claimed he saw a black nanny having to lecture a white child that his name was Toby and for some reason he delighted in this. He's a professional anti-white agitator and should be deported or executed.

I honestly don't think I ever regarded Indians as undesirable until I encountered him.

It did. Apu is still a paki though.

I have never met an indian immigrant who doesn't have that voice, it's like getting upset about french or german people speaking with an accent.

It's an exaggeration, which can manifest into a stereotype. 30 seasons of Apu..

>being this triggered by an anecdote
i bet you also unironically believe in "white genocide"

The children of immigrants are such ungrateful cunts. Instead of appreciating how lucky they are to live in the country their parents escaped to, all they can do is whine about how everything isn't tailored to them despite being a minority.

Do brown people ever stop complaining?? Liberals always talk about "white fragility" but holy shit a whole documentary about how offended they are about a simpsons character?

Fuck sake get over yourselves

Fucking lol, pathetic clown i hope he kills himself.

>This one character that is incidentaly from where i'm from doesn't represent completely and absolutely our values
>Delete!

Faggot.

But that's how they fucking talk, it's like a mexican complaining that everybody can do their easy elongated-raspy accent, it's just how they talk.

We should force all second-generation immigrants to take citizenship tests. If they hate their country so much they can fuck off to the shithole their parents fled.

When will non whites stop crying??

This is something to notice, it's mostly people complaining about an idolized reality that they never really known, these kind of people should be sent for 4 or 6 months to where their parents scaped from and understand why they did, maybe that way they would appreciate where they were born.

>ctrl + F 'Sneed'

No Mexican or latino gives a fuck about bumblebee man.

>There are plenty of other Scottish characters in American entertainment
there are?

How come non-whites are so whiny and sensitive? Scottish people don't cry about Groundskeeper Willie. Italians don't complain about Fat Tony and his mob. Australians don't bitch about Bart vs Australia.

It's usually the second generation that are like that because they have no idea what kind of shithole their parents escaped from.

>Bu-but Mexican and Scotish people don't care about their degrading stereotypes!
Completely irrelevant this is the constant and profound apartheid against the Indian people on the larger American industry.

Stop victim blaming and make an effort to listen and help before you keep embarassing himself.

> make an effort to listen
No, I'm not watching some fuckstick whine. May he never work a day in Hollywood ever again.

>reference to the "big bad racists" on Reddit
>no direct Sup Forums references

I thought Sup Forums was considered mainstream nowadays.

Did you copy and paste that or did you have it memorised?

I haven't watched the link or put any thought into that. What I will say is if the Simpsons were created in 2017 (or 2007 for that matter) Apu wouldn't exist in his present form. At the very least he wouldn't be voiced by a white guy.

>It's an exaggeration
Say that again, but after working with Indian migrants. Their accents can be even worse.

Weird how they miss the point of Apu's character.
I can't remember which episode, but in one Simpsons audio commentary Matt Groening himself speaks up on Apu and says that Apu is one of the few "good" characters in Springfield.
He is often the victim of robberies and shootings, well educated and works hard.

apu nahasapeemapetilon. Lol

>dealing with the character Apu

Ahahhahaha He getting bullied by a cartoon. Nigga just walk away from the screen. Just close yo eyes

I've never met a single person in my life who immigrated to America in their adulthood and didn't have an accent. These crybaby fags bitch WAAAAHHH, APU DOESN'T SOUND LIKE ME. No shit, you are the child of an immigrant born in America and had your entire lives to assimilate.

Stupid fucking pajeets want to destroy one of the only representations of themselves in all of western culture because he speaks funny, while ignoring the 100s of other more negative stereotypes that have been portrayed in the Simpsons throughout the years.

Yes, very problematic. An Indian comes to the US and operates a successful business. How terrible.

I was actually wondering recently when the revisionist PC-police would go after Apu. I was expecting articles or a social media thing though, not a whole documentary.

Every single indian or brown skinned person I know that even gives a shit about the simpsons likes Apu though.

>Be (((((Proud American))))) Paki Dudupoopoo
>Talk down to muh colonial Brits on the BBC

Yanks take this shitskin down a peg and send his ass back to the designated shitting streets.

literally who?

its a cartoon isnt it meant to be like over the top this reminds me of that time when speedy gonzalez upset some people so they took it down and mexicans were upset because speedy was gone

Why do Mexicans take it with strive but poo in loo get but hurt?

Scots are white. You can't be racist against white people. Racism is power plus prejudice.

>Dana Gould

"There are accents that by their nature, to umm White Americans sound funny. Period."

What did (((he))) mean by this?

Because mexicans are stereotypical, just like first generation poo's or most of first gen immigrants.

>English love the big book of british smiles

This. The stereotype is dated and goes back to scurvy times, but it's a hilarious gag.

Also, a common joke in our sitcoms and sketch shows is that when someone is playing an American character, they wear teeth whitener. It's just one of those cultural differences that's fun to poke fun at.

wasn't that guy the nig Michael Brown beat up in that video a convenience store owner? it was like one of biggest stories of the year, and a huge part of it was some indian convenience store worker getting harassed by some nog.

I don't see any issue here desu. Indians are like the richest group of people in this country. Sure some of them work in convenience stores when they start out, but most people start out at the bottom.

What is he trying to accomplish here?

This is the second or third generation that lacks identity. Not American, yet, nor Indian.

I think it would be difficult to have a better minority character than Apu if you actually tried.

First he's an actual character rather than a token. That is, he's a regular of the front line characters with a varied personality rather than a one note joke (like Fat Tony) or forgotten background character.

He's not some insecure transparent mary sue that announces culture insecurities by being the exact opposite of what PC warriors think is a worrying stereotype. No one tip toes around him not speaking English as a first language, having a different religion that is strange to non Hindus, has a recent indian immigrant job, comp sci major, etc.

He's one of the smarter characters in the show despite, again, being slightly insane like all regular Simpsons characters.

He's a successful small business owner.

Educated.

Has a hot ass wife.

>constant and profound apartheid against the Indian people on the larger American industry

Americans have lacked an identity for the same amount of time. Only they don't have a culture to fall back, and anything that could be considered as culture they are taught is bad, and they should hate themselves for it.

This is so fucking pathetic.

who made this up? things don't become facts just because you repeat and regurgitate them constantly. Such ridiculous bullshit.

He made a documentary about a character that's a fairly accurate depiction of maybe 500 million people in the world? He's mad because Apu isn't a guy like him, a second or third generation immigrant who speaks like a white guy?

Kahn and Minh Souphanousinphone are racist caricatures of people from Laos! They speak with over the top accents, have silly sounding names and act in stereotypical Asian ways! They are hard on their daughter and teach her violin. I also have seen them eat rice during the series many times, and care about things like math. They are also the most unlikable characters in the series!

We need to remove these racist stereotypes from TV. I'm Laotian, and I'm so sick of rednecks comparing me to Kahn. We need more abundant and better representation in the media.

not a poltard, but i am seriously starting to think nonwhites just never evolved a sense of humor

I'm Scottish and hate this dude though. "Scottish" according to Americans is just plain retarded

This and Aussie episode is much loved in Australia.

The only offensive stereotype in the Simpsons is the Irish one because they are doing it wrong and usually just make it British with a weird accent that no Irish person has.
Ireland and the Irish people have many things to poke fun of but they are lazy.

see Braveheart for another example.

You serious? Aussies hate that episode because of the whole Fosters thing. The rest of it was fine though.

Because they want to emulate white people while at the same time they want to be superior. So if you thought SJW's were bad I'd imagine some Indians would turn out to be super SJWs. Like that one Zarna cunt.

Us Mexicans just want to work and live the American dream quietly, while enjoying what white people do and make because we want to be seen as either equals or friends and live up to their standards, I see it in most Asian races too. I've yet to meet a poor American Indian family, most own businesses and live middle class or higher lives. Emulating hipsters and trust fund kids, they get sucked into the whole social justice nonsense because they got all the time in the world, instead of worrying about money or their family.

>The Indian Immigrant is portrayed as a hard-working and exceptionally polite shopkeeper who is friends with many of his customers

So... why is this bad?

I have met quite a few Aussies who use Dollarydoos.

It may have started out as racist but Apu has become a developed character and was more than just a funny accent.

>why isn't apu dancing while singing in hindi and shitting in the street?
>this american show is normalizing a melting pot society that shows that anyone can integrate and become a citizen. FUCKING RACISTS

>In the United States at present, only whites can be racists, since whites dominate and control the institutions that create and enforce American cultural norms and values... blacks and other Third World peoples do not have access to the power to enforce any prejudices they may have, so they cannot, by definition, be racists. All white individuals in our society are racists. Even if a white is totally free from all conscious racial prejudices, he remains a racist, for he receives benefits distributed by a white racist society through its institutions. Our institutional and cultural processes are so arranged as to automatically benefit whites, just because they are white.

This is the definition of racism straight from the National Education Association. Try to educate yourself before you criticize.

Ausfag here

Everyone loves the Australia episode and at this point we don't really care if media portrays us as drinking Fosters (which is utter shit) because it's probably hard to show a bar where everyone is drinking 10 different brands of beer

Also nobody here drinks beer from cans

They have a point but they are taking the wrong approach.

why do americans always compare people to fictional tv characters

DESIGNATED

The ONLY truTV clip worth viewing:
youtube.com/watch?v=3X1bc4kNLHI

>This cartoon character isn't a 100% faithful to real life!

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT LADS STOP THE PRESSES

He feels the best time to criticize a show is in it's 37th season when everyone involved has made billions of dollars already and nobody watches anymore. Way to strike while the irons hot

>man born into another country, speaking another tounge, comes to the United States to finish a phd in computer science before becoming a business owner in a town populated by fat, incompetent, lazy, and/or corrupt Americans
>regularly takes advantage of people's gluttony
>mad because he is considered a negative stereotype

Of all things to find offense with, why this?