Comic sales at an all time low

>comic sales at an all time low

Gee I wonder why

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2016/06/05/comic-books-buck-trend-as-print-and-digital-sales-flourish.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they aren't and trade sales are higher than ever, especially for dc, image, and marvel

I thought it had more to do with continual events and shit-tastic writers being Marvel's main gimmick at this point.

Also never finishing Aracely's story because, I dunno, fuck fun and adventure?
Maybe Slott just wanted to kill Kaine
I don't know

>I don't read comics

>posting a movie actress as a reason people don't read comics

B'scuse me?

>Implying what he's saying is false.

The sale numbers are public, you know that, right?

I still cant believe squirrel girl made it to print.

It honestly gives me hope as an aspiring artist.

Im getting real tired of the racism on this board.

They're probably go Nick Fury with it.

It's because nobody in this shit country cares about comics. Comic sales are doing fine in Europe and Asia, and people actually give a shit about sequential art there. The US is shit. Shit!!!

What racism? Hmm? Generally when someone is claiming racism they are hiding their racist tendencies. Tell the class why you are racist.

What's your point?
That the board's posters should change to suit your whims?

I'm pretty sure he means specifically Marvel's sales. Which are plummeting like there's no tomorrow, good riddance I say, maybe they'll learn to stop being such a shit company.

Cause the white man got me down.

>racist mad normal people are fed up of racism in the name of diversity
Fuck off Sup Forumsmblr, you lost the war

Four of those five are valid, not for the reasons your talking about though. We have

>Too many fucking spider people.
>Shitty legacies that are forced as fuck
>And Marvel hiring shit talent.

Ah, you're right. Oh, well.

Fuck off, Linkara.

What's Whor even doing these days?
I think I stopped after she beat up Odin for a few pages but it's okay because the last panel has him holding her by the throat showing that Odin totally would have eventually won and then Odin fucked off because he had to give magic blood-transfusions to a woman who hates him and wants him to fuck off back to hel

Why is Predator wearing a dress in the bottom right what is happening

Silver Samurai and Dominatrix from Marvel Boy are engaged in a hostile takeover of Roxxon, Malekith has conquered 2 realms and has plans for more, SHIELD is trying to arrest Jane Foster and Shi'ar/Asgard War is coming

I think I saw bits of that
Wasn't Silver Samurai a Wolverine villain? Why'd he have a notIronman suit?

Something with Dominatrix I think? And now there's another Fem Thor (?) who was shown standing next to Jane Foster.

I dunno, upgrades since 85 i guess. him having Iron Many tech is just kinda logical

It's racist to change a white character because you think another race deserves it more and is more virtuous.

july was the best month in terms of issues sold that the industry has seen since fucking 1997

of course most of this is because of dc rebirth hype, i guess i could see how someone who mainly pays attention to marvel could be shouting doom and gloom over the industry as a whole

Good.

How many comics do you think OP read in his life?

Aside from the shitty wyatt man skits ofc

It's pretty obvious OP is talking about Marvel in particular.

I'm pretty sure they're only doing it because they think they can make a buck with it.

over-correcting racism is the new racism

as opposed to everything else the business does?

lack of diversity of Genre
We need anthology magazines like the japanese and europeans have

Where do you think you are?

shitty bait but I still took it.

They hit a ten year high in July.

Aren't trades and smaller companies doing better than ever?

No, exactly like everything else the business does, as required by law. Why would you think otherwise?

> it's okay to pander exclusively to neckbearded losers who are 4 welfare checks away from commiting suicide and never buying anything again

Yeah, it's almost like Disney and WB are two giant extremely successful companies and know what to do better than edgy internet stormbabies

They keep Slott and Bendis around

You forgot

>Have the most disposable income.

Why do you think Rebirth did so well?

>Clone Saga 2 will be a thing.

I'm not going to call you Tumblr or a big pussy like everyone else but you do realize you're on Sup Forums, right? This isn't a place for morality. I'm not racist but I don't let the edgelords bother me. I'm not telling you this to be mean but maybe this place isn't for you.

for the same reason nu52 did so well: relaunch

Unless you think new52 was meant to pander to comic nerds too

>welfare checks
thats a nigger thang tho

You do realize that that user is actually reflecting the written rules of this site, right? The fact that the mods are incompetent doesn't make him wrong.

I hope this fad is over soon
maybe one day marvel will stop pandering to degenerates and get to the real writing

You've triggered the tumblr mods so prepare for 404.

But Sup Forums has always been edgy. You will never successfully enforce anti edginess.

>Its okay to pander exclusively to the only group that actually regularly purchases the trashy overpriced leaflets known as comic books
I think this is correct desu, and declining comics sales when they go for the tumblr audience kind of proves it.

remember when this board wasn't full of Sup Forumstards?

Nu 52 didn't do nearly as well as Rebirth is doing right now. I'd go as far as to say that the reason DC is doing better and Marvel is tanking is because Marvel fans are jumping ship and switching to more DC books. Let's not forget the survey where they found out which demographic is buying comics more.

nu52 was a tremendous failure, it destroyed long term sales for short term gain.

yes
no
maybe

Remember when we didn't talk about politics and comics didn't go full libtard for well over a decade?

Just what kind of complaints voiced on Sup Forums are so unreasonable that only 'Sup Forumstards' could make them?

>it destroyed long term sales
are you living in 2015

We have several threads about race/gender A DAY. The "what do women read" was even derailed into a shit fest by some retard.

All the bitching fits into one thread.

Yes because crying "MODS" whenever a post contain you don't agree with isn't cancerous at all!
There used to be a time when everyone wasn't a giant pussy about what anonymous people thought. People like you caused mods to become stricter. This thread will be deleted soon because they don't like these types of discussion.

That user didn't do that though.

Are you high? It completely destroyed the long term sales. Too many of the older audience felt alienated, which are the demographic that reads comics. They were so concerned that they would lose the new blood when the older people died off that they decided to set everything over. This not only drove their old fans away, it also made it so that newer fans didn't want to go near it. Newer fans saw it as confusing and the only real reason newer people get into comics is because they're interested by established lore.

Do you really think it's because of race-mixing and diversity legacies OP?

> a 2016 relaunch does better than a 2011 relaunch

You do know sales of comic have gone up in the last 5 years, right?

>We have several threads about race/gender a day
And currently, almost ALL the major Marvel superheroes have been replaced by or supplemented with changed race/gender equivalents.

Sup Forums is inevitably going to discuss trends in the Big 2, perhaps your anger should lay with Marvel rather than Sup Forums posters.

I know but he's calling them incompetent for not deleting threads like this.

1. Their pandering has failed because sjws dont buy comics they just whine
2. Comics are too expensive to buy per issue

To be fair, a lot of those woman had shit taste. Also, we wouldn't have these threads of people making a big deal out of this shit if Marvel didn't constantly try to make a big deal out of it.

or maybe you can fuck off back to Sup Forums and stop derailing our board you piece of shit

> implying donald trump is not gonna lose
kek

I'm not who you're responding to but that's not the issue.
I've been here as long as most, it's not like I need to have my eyes protected against racist opinions. It's just that racists are generally immature and stupid and I'm not that interested in speaking to them. They derail every thread with their irrational hatred of black people.

Then why is Marvel still going down if that's the case? Clearly the people leaving can see that the people next door are selling what they're looking for.

Maybe if all the threads weren't the same

> hur durr why doesn't marvel appeal to me anymore

You would have a point. Early Whor threads had people explaining why she sucks as a character, regardless of her gender. Compare to this thread, which is literally "I don't like it for no reason".

It's been pretty bad on Sup Forums in general for the past like 2 years. It's not just a Sup Forums thing unfortunately.

I read books by both companies I think they both have good books and they both have shitty titles that I'm generally avoiding. I don't know why Sup Forums is so obsessed with sales or the death of Marvel anyways. There's plenty of whites only books on Marvel's lists for people to buy that are plenty good. DC doesn't have the market cornered on that kind of content.

The only Pandering that seems to have actually worked is Ms. Marvel.

I think you should compare my post to yours, and have a little think about which one is a shitpost trashing up the board.

>has no counter
>w-well ad hominem so I win!

Trump losing won't make Marvel not shit, friend.

the shit taste is well, a matter of taste. We fight over it and then move on. The thread was derailed because it became WOMEN HAVE INFERIOR TASTE WHEN COMPARED TO ME REEEE THEY SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO MAKE COMICS!!

What website do you think you're in? Can't stand the community? Then get out. Go find a website with like minded peers. I can't believe I'm defending racists but if it bothers you that much then YOU have to go somewhere else

That isn't what I said. I merely pointed out the routine failure to apply the existing rules. Everyone knows this happens. I don't personally care what becomes of the thread since I didn't make it and it serves no legitimate purpose other than to shitpost.

Actually, this one is about Marvel's sales tanking, and a suggestion that its because Marvel is moving away from its core audience.

> hur durr why doesn't marvel appeal to me anymore

Considering comics is a super niche industry that only sells in the thousands, it is an EXTREMELY legitimate question to ask why Marvel would turn away from its core audience, especially when this has only lead to lower overall sales.

>regardless of her gender
but her gender is a valid reason for her being shit
gender swapping is a bad forced meme

This. Comic sales overall have been slowly rising off and on since 2005. cnbc.com/2016/06/05/comic-books-buck-trend-as-print-and-digital-sales-flourish.html

>user gets mad that people are discussing controversial issue from one of the biggest names in the industries.
>Another user explains why
>"WELL FUCK YOU SHITLORD!"

Come on now.

And thats just because carol is boring

Whor would still be shit if she was a man, that's the point.

No?
Thor is male Whor, and he's not shit.

Ms. Marvel wasn't popular to begin with, which means they actually had to make a character instead of making an empty shell to ride off of someone else's success. But I'm glad we got at least /something/ good from all this nonsense.

There are more white people on it. You would be one of them if Mom didn't let you live at home.

> marvel is going down because dc beat them one month after years of getting utterly destroyed in sales

you do realize that after the variant collector sales are over most DC comics that are not batman will go back to selling 50k at best, right?

>Marvel is moving away from its core audience

OP could have said that instead of having such a baity thread starter.

>more ad hom
keep dat high ground phamily

>this has only lead to lower overall sales

But it hasn't. at least not in terms of affecting the overall brand. the comic market is expanding and marvel's market share is still growing.

>I don't like it so it's bait

Is that what happened? I honestly don't know, another user linked me to the thread and things got out of hand so fast I didn't know what the hell was happening not even half way through. I heard someone say it was two chicks got feral over some shitty shonen or some shit like that?

Thor doesn't turn everyone around him into retards just so he can come off as morally superior, does he? Neither does he have MRA internal monologues.

I didn't say it bothered me that much, I just don't really care for all these people who seem to browse this board for literally no other reason than to shitpost about women and minorities.
Whatever racist opinion you have is fine as long as it's clear that you've read what you're fucking talking about.
Sup Forums is still one of the most bearable boards on Sup Forums as a whole, and compared to the rest Internet it's definitely my favorite place for discussion on comics and cartoons in terms of both speed and quality of discussion.

I actually do like this board.

Honestly, if she had a different hero name and the same quality writing, would she be more, or less popular?

OP is talking about Marvel, he's just too autistic to specify that.

Probably because they didn't consider it turning away they attempted to expand their audience, which they have considering the recently reported 40% female readership. What is unfortunate, however, is the amount of people who are absolutely appalled by that sort of move exposing a latent racism and sexism comparable to fucking gamergate.

The OP was:

>comic sales at an all time low
>Gee I wonder why

and was paired with a picture of changes that alienate the core audience.

If you couldn't infer from this that the thread is about declining sales related to audience alienation, I don't know what to tell you.