web.archive.org/save/http://collider.com/it-movie-spoilers-things-to-know/
youtube.com/watch?v=4IKUeIEdRMY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is will _______Okay_____

is that Henry Cavill?

>Not archiving the link.
>From Collider, no less.
Shame. Shame on the House OP

>They wanted to keep the 80s setting because they lived through that time period. “King writes what he knows, we try to film what we know. We grew up in the 80s. We wanted to do a very rounded 80s and not a caricaturesque 80s, and we can do that because we know the period very well,” said Barbara.

Was this a shot at Stranger Things?
That series takes alot from Stephen King but it's much more toned down in its subject matter while also forcing 80s references at every corner.

Why are you linking directly to a clickbait website? Use archive.org in the future. Otherwise you're a shill that deserves to be banned. web.archive.org/save/http://collider.com/it-movie-spoilers-things-to-know/

>Was this a shot at Stranger Things?
Yes. There's a good number of us who despised Stranger Things. Instead of being a horror story it was HEY MUH FELLOW 90s KIDZ! YOU GET THESE NUTTY 80s REFERENCES XD??? Fucking obnoxious. I went in hoping to love the show since it was supposed to be like IT in a lot of ways. The bullies weren't even menacing.

This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.

>no gangbang, no turtle, no spider, almost certainly no CHUD

it'll be shit

You really thought Stranger Things was over the top on the 80's representation?

I think if anything, it's a shot at movies like Wall Street or American Psycho where it's all "lol business suits and cocaine and synthesizers lmao"

This post has to be the worst Sup Forums bait we've seen in years, literally years. There's two paragraphs...

>no gangbang
Unnecessary scene that could've been done way better, King was just adding underage erotica to get his willy hard.
>no turtle
The turtle's presence is in the movie but the directors decided not to delve into it. Could be expanded upon in the sequel.
>no spider
Did IT even become a spider during the Losers first battle?
>almost certainly no CHUD
Only thing I'm disappointed by.

God no

I don't think Stranger Things is downright terrible, it's very watchable, but it hits you over the head with 80s shit so fucking hard it makes you think it's some college thesis TV show written by millennials. The fucking vinyl mixtape that somehow has Joy Division and every other niche band from that time is enough to know how full of shit the creators are.

Yes she becomes a giant spider in both battles and then bill goes all professor x

Anyone have a picture of the sex scene part of the book?

Why would they need to justify moving the time period to the 80's? It's the only option if they don't want to have to be forced to make 2 period movies

This. Its almost impossible to make a period piece without it becoming a caricature unless you lived through it. And even if you did live through it, you'll have nostalgia goggles on and then it becomes a caricature yet again. The niche music shows the appreciation a band from back then "should've" got in the creators' minds, or just to show how "cool" they were back then that they listened to them. In reality they listened to it later in life, college more than likely.

>Sequel confirmed.
On the current years? Who'll they cast?

No CHUD because it will be impossible to translate that onscreen unless they want to make it a 3 hour long film

>3 hour long film
What's so bad about it?

But...your enemy-

Why is it the adults in Derry don't care about how fucked up the town is?

They're somewhat brainwashed by the town's dark funk.

Seriously, that's the reason in the book.

Will Finn save IT like he saved Stranger Things?

So, Jessica for adult Beverly?

This is nice but the shitty anatomy on that child absolutely ruins it

That piece of art doesnt even illustrate half of how crazy this scene was. Trying to visualise it gave me a headache.

this is basically it really, flying through space while biting IT's tongue, eventually passing the turtle and seeing the deadlights. It really wouldn't make the movie that incredibly long

If David Lynch could create this youtube.com/watch?v=4IKUeIEdRMY on a TV budget, then there's no excuse not to show the Ritual of Chud on the big screen.

Damn dude. Is twin peaks kino?

Find out yourself every Sunday at 9pm Eastern, only on Showtime!

member Wedding Singer? with the Miami Vice refs, and the DeLorean and the hair and clothes and music?

jesus that shit came out in like 1995, the 80s had just happened

remember this is about Love while you're fapping

>Did IT even become a spider during the Losers first battle?

Yes

it's also a lie. It's set in the 80s to attract millennials who go nuts over that kind of shit

This desu.

>dat fence or barrier extending to infinity
>dat living orange light

This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.

>This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years.

Stopped reading after that, kek

Don't get me wrong the actual imagery here is great, just that... kid. Looks bad, like a claymation doll.

>Muschietti isn’t diving too deep into the mythology of what brings the Losers together, so don’t expect to see or hear a lot about The Turtle. “I was never too crazy about the mythology, but it is mentioned, and the turtle appears, as a Lego. It’s a Lego turtle. It’s a presence that’s there in the key moments of the story,” Muschietti said. “It’s a bit of an Easter egg.”

FUCKING DROPPED

Who's playing Beverly's father? I hope its Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

The turtle being subtle presence throughout the movie I actually like. The macroverse stuff is pretty abstract for the format of a 2 hour movie, they obviously wouldn't be able to go into it.

Holy shit, Lynch is a hack. Trying so hard to be Kubrick in this scene.

RUN IT

>*leans back*
>"Well HOT-DIGGITY-DOG! Look like my little Bevvie's turning into QUITE the young PIECE OF ASS! MMMMMM, MM! With them fine little titties and that EASY-BAKE BUSH? I just KNOOOOW you ain't out there runnin' with some boy! You know I worry 'bout you lil girl, sometimes I WORRY A LOT! You might think you're free as a bird out there in them pine barrens, but I'm here to tell you I'm Elmer Fudd during Duck Season and THAT SHIT WON'T FLY!"

Well the book sucked and the tv miniseries sucked, so probably not.

I'm going to watch it for the loli I hope it isn't too spooky

Is it worth watching a horror movie in IMAX?

>This movie is very R-rated. Despite the fact that violence towards children can be a no-go with the MPAA, the creative team didn’t have to hold back. The studio wanted the film to be R and that was the plan before the Muschiettis even came on board.
YAAAAASSSS

>Despite the fact that violence towards children can be a no-go with the MPAA
Fucking politics. I hope Netflix etc is the future.

It'll be a lot fucking better than the Dark Tower. That's for fucking sure.

what does that have to do with politics?

>3 hour long film
Yes, and? People need to work on their attention span.

>Ywn see him look at Sophie Lillis like this

If It isn't egg laying spider thingy anymore then It is going to lose a lot of scary. Okay, it is just a shapeshifting clown who eats a bunch of kids in small town every 28 years? Fuck it, I'm an adult now, fuck Derry

be realistic. when was the last time you saw a 3 hour movie on AMC? Lords of the rings?

>Just a shapeshifting clown
It's not a clown. The clown is just the form it has the most fun being.

No shit?

>what does the MPAA have to do with politics
You're a dim boy.

>the book sucked

truth

>I can't explain so I get defensive instead

You're an idiot for asking the question. Ask me how 2 + 2 = 4 while you're at it.