What did you always dream of being when you were a kid, Sup Forums? What was your dream job...

What did you always dream of being when you were a kid, Sup Forums? What was your dream job? Was it influenced by comics or cartoons? Are you fulfilling your dream?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/chinese-scientists-to-pioneer-first-human-crispr-trial-1.20302
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not influenced by anything Sup Forums related, but I wanted to be a magician when I was a kid. Learned a few tricks, but my interests just waned over the years to pretty much nothing.

piano player or professional wrestler. no idea how I came to either conclusion since I neither listened to music nor watched wrestling

to be a renowned webcomic artist

I wanted to make cartoons, but then I realized it's a field saturated by libtard spergs and dominated solely by money rather than passion.

So you went on Sup Forums too much and became jaded. Got it.

Chef or voice actor. Voice actor from just wanting to be in a cartoon, chef from chowder and the food network. Now I don't want to do either, can't tell if I grew up or my mom actually dissuaded me from becoming one.
Now my dream is to make some sort of subscription based service that's exclusively for animation

When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a mad scientist. I'd say that's pretty obviously cartoon-inspired.

It didn't take long for me to vow to be a writer instead, which has worked out a lot better. Though natch, I just do it on the side of the job that actually fills my coffers.

I never dreamed about being anything. So I guess I'm fulfilling the dream.

I wanted to be a firefighter but in my country being a firefighter is not an actual job but a volunteer service, That made my dream go sour.

I used to have fantasies of being a super spy. I think I understood that actually wasn't going to happen, but I figured I'd be a ridiculously rich scientist or something.

I wanted to be in the animation industry. I'm in the comics industry now, which is fine.

t. modern day cartoonist wannabe.

I wanted to be a space garbage man after hearing about space garbage. Someone's gotta keep the atmosphere clean. Let's just say that reality is rather cruel and some dreams are best forgotten.

so you felt called out by somebody shitting on your career, got it.

Baseball or Football player

but that dreamed died by 8th grade

what ever at least everyone else i know that was better than me and mocked no longer does either

where all in the same boat failure

No joke, a mad scientist.
I wanted henchmen, a lab on a deserted island shaped like a skull where I combine animals and shit, the whole 9.

We had this school project in 1st grade where we had to decorate a poster board with shit related to the job (i.e. hard hat, hi-vis vest for construction workers) and I put a lab coat, crazy, shaggy white hair and glasses until my mom stepped in and decided "Let's just say it's a doctor, mmmkay?"

Detective is the first career I ever dreamt of being, and it was completely influenced by the Dick Tracy movie. He was just so cool, and styling in his own way, with fedora and long coat. Even the yellow color, which I normally hate, I think he managed to pull off. Anyway, I always wanted to be a super sleuth, combing the midnight alleyways searching for criminals to bring to just and mysteries to solve.

Those were but the dreams of a child. The real world is much more complicated and there are no "true" villains. More often than not, people do what they think is right in the heat of the moment, and things aren't always as cut and dry as in the movies. I don't wish to be a cog in the machine of the law. But more important than those philosophical reasons, it's the fact that detectives like Dick Tracy don't exist. Not really anyway.

Are you willing to pursue that? Because if you go to one of the non-western countries, or work for a corporation, mad scientist is totally a valid career.

you could've been, you could've been.

I haven't perfected my evil laugh yet, so I'll have to get a raincheck on that one, m800.

Look man, I became a teacher; arguably the opposite of a detective. It' hard enough as is to commit to this with all my heart. I can't be hearing that.

Dreamed of being an architect, but then I found out that being an engineer is way more fun.

Guy in Academic Science. Its TOTALLY possible outside of the skull shaped Island. As long as you can creat products for a revenue stream and base your self outside of Europe or the US your golden.

The Chinese have been pumping out research gold because ethics boards in the US wont let half of the crap fly that would in China.

Aw dude, practice it. Other than the end result being that you have an evil laughter, practicing is wicked fun; try it sometime.

>The Chinese have been pumping out research gold because ethics boards in the US wont let half of the crap fly that would in China.

I'm not that guy but are there any articles on this? Sounds pretty interesting desu.

I wanted to be an artist.

I am now a starving artist.

Fuck dreams.

When I was wee I wished to be in the cartoon world. I wanted to be a cartoon. Away from sibling rivalry and my parents constant bickering. I remember asking my father for a TV I could "smash and get into" I would then ask Dexter for some sort of ray gun or run around with Sonic.

As I grew up I noticed cartoons needed voices, and that just led to being an actor.

Go on, ask me how that's been going.

yo If you need a generic and/or a comedic relief henchman I'm your man.

Genetic Engineering on human embryos for example. Was pretty big last year I think.

great art stems from suffering. Don't give up m8.

Not a kid, but younger, I thought it would be cool to run a bookstore.
I still like the idea, except that I don't know the first thing about running a business, and the fact that small shops are nearly impossible to keep alive in the days of chain stores and internet shopping.

About to get bigger

nature.com/news/chinese-scientists-to-pioneer-first-human-crispr-trial-1.20302

Example.
There really isnt a article on it as it common knowledge. You need to run very major thing by a ethics board or issues arise. In China you really just do the damn thing.

Its just common knowledge in the field

I wanted to combine my love of art with computers and become a designer for desktop graphics. Barring that, I wanted to go into publishing so I could read books all day and let my taste dictate what got published. I tried to keep my hopes practical.

Now I don't read fiction much anymore and I tried and failed at graphic design, so I'm aiming to become a librarian/archivist and make comics on the side. So at least I'm sticking with books.

I wanted to do many things and be many things but in the end I became nothing, a drug addict at the end of the roads. I've stopped doing drugs but have no idea what the hell I want to do anymore. I always wanted to do art for a living but there really isn't much money in it and I don't want to suffer needlessly. Somewhere down the road I began to hate evil and wanted to be the Punisher, not because killing is fun or a good thing. It seems like too many bad guys are getting away and bringing society down. So I wanted to become him I have a family and they would get killed. If I didn't care about them I would do it but I've moved past it. I even went as far as getting training, body armor, guns, suppressors and had a few green berets train me. In the end I became just a passer by.

Animation, yeah I would say it is pretty influenced by cartoons.

Kinda sucks in Australia though. Consistent work would be good.

I really want to go into the animation/art field but I lack practice. I have little to no motivation from myself and family.

I'm 24 and afraid I already lost too much time to get ahead in the game. Haven't gone to a Junior College to get art practice done to influence me away from home but also afraid that will take too long so I'm deciding to go to a art university.

Sup Forums please help, I don't want to end up a failure ;_;

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be an architect or a designer. Went to engineering school instead.

I wanted to become a doctor and now I'm studying to be one. Dream fulfilled

i wanted to be a filmmaker and make some sick ass films, I still want to but my dad says is bullshit and he's paying for my education
I started an audiovisual major which was the closest to what I want but got bored and dropped off

>I have little to no motivation from myself and family.

Hey same here, let's make out. Seriously though, fucking sucks doesn't it?

>I'm 24 and afraid I already lost too much time to get ahead in the game

22 here and trying to compare yourself with others will just fuck you up constantly. Took me a while to figure that shit out too, now I'm just trying to pick up the pieces.

Look at it this way at least your dream didn't die like myself or others in this thread.

I wanted to be an storyboard artist but as i grew older I realize mexico animation industry is dead and I don't have the money to study in america
I'm still studying animation (and visual effects) but I'm losing hope
I'm little bit luckier that everyone else here since i was born in usa but still is too much expensive
I'm saving a little bit of money everyday hoping to study there after finishing here

...how's it going?

I can't remember wanting to be anything other than a few days after watching something and wanting to be the character.

Watch Star Wars, a few days of wanting to be a space pilot.
Watch Indiana Jones or Tintin, a few days wanting to be an adventurer.
Watch Pokemon, days of wanting to be an explorer or animal handler.

My first career aspiration was at 13 I think, when my answer was just "scientist" without elaboration. Which is what I became.

Fuck, I'm 27 and still don't know what I wish I was. Other than generic stuff like "more wealthy".

>Vet and a writer.
>Yes, writing. I get inspired by music, books, literature, and cartoons.
>No and yes. Being a vet is horrible. Most vets are depressed, stressed, and underpayed. Plus I couldn't get through the schooling most likely. I write casually and hope to write books some day. I hsve a few concepts but I haven't begun them yet.

>always in the school library reading up on how shit works
>explain how nuclear weapons work once
>durr hurr he's gonna build an atomic bomb and blow up the school
>ew don't touch him he could be irradiated

I just want to build cool shit as engineer, but even now people call me a mad anything.
Can't even laugh normally anymore without anyone pointing out how cliché it sounds.
Just stop.

pic related was childhood hero and dream career

Whenever I look at her face, I can't help but think "Will you make me a penis-butter and vajelly sandwich?"

pokemon master

Baker
Cyclist
Cartoonist/Comic guy

>near 30

Am I gonna make it, brah?

I had just finished writing a two full post long answer describing why I haven't and never had any real dream and how I am a failure at being a human being, but what's the point.

Always wanted to be a director and make movies. Currently going to school for animation.

Wanted to make robots because I thought robots were cool.
Unfortunately, Engineering is super fucking hard.

I never had any dreams even as kid with is wierd that everyone else had expect me. And i still dont have any dreams or goals in my life.

I kind of settled for graphic design because my country doesn't really have an animation industry
my biggest dream is still being a visdev artist though

First I dreamed that I would be a pizza delivery guy so that I could always eat pizza, and then I dreamed I'd be a librarian/writer when I got better at reading.

I developed lactose intolerance though but thankfully delivering sandwiches so that I could always eat sandwiches at a discount for a year was good too, and probably healthier. And recently I got accepted into a Masters of Information program. It's all coming together, boys.

So you gave up on your dreams because things got a little hard?

I always wanted to draw my own comic universe since i can remember.
I never gave up on it which is weird because i'm a quitter.
Every time i think i'm over it, i subconsciously do something towards it, what is worst is suck hard at these things and the comic idea itself is not even that interesting. I'm just stuck on it for some bizarre reason, my notes date back to 2nd grade for fucks sake.

I never said gave up

I wanted to own a grocery store, like the one on Sesame Street. Now I'm not even sure if that was grocery store now, might've just been a convenience store with carrots.

Well shit, pardon. I misunderstood. Keep on building cool robots

I got abused as a kid, had no friends, and my parents got divorced.

Dead. I wanted to be dead.

Or batman.

I wanted to be a journalist, I even made articles in elementary and middle school zines. But nobody wanted to read or write them so it all fell down pretty fast.
Currently studying IT but I'm still struggling to find out what I really want to do in my life.

I wanted to be a soldier like rambo

But in a while, after I came back to cartoons, I started drawing again. While my art is not that great, it's the only creating thing I have fun doing right now

I wanted to do nothing but now I have a job instead.

I wanted to be a writer. Either fiction or through journalism. I graduated with a bachelor's in journalism in May '13. Been unemployed since.

It gives me all the time to write the fiction I want.

I actually wanted to be an architect. Never panned out because I became a co founder in some start-up instead

No joke, paranormal investigator. Now I'm a wannabe artist whose actually just a neet with a loose tinfoil hat.

I've always been into /x/ shit since I can remember, seeing Dib getting shit on constantly for his weird obsessions despite being right was fucking great to watch.

Pretty wretched. The worst part is, it's not because of my acting. You need $$$ to do literally anything in the entertainment industry, classes, auditions, gotta fuel your car, along with all the expenses of a car, etc. If there's one thing an college graduate with a performing arts degree doesn't have, it's fucking money.

I've taken to recording and writing in my spare time though, hoping to make my own content after I move.

T-thanks for asking...

I did the usual IMMA BE FIREMAN/DOCTOR/etc, thing. It wasn't until I was 15 that I wanted to be a producer/music/video editor, and open up my own studio.
Then everyone and their fucking brother is one now. No way of ever doing it professionally, now.
Then I decided to get into "computers"(whatever that means to you, personally). Now literally everyone is in that "field".
Can't do shit. Now all I want to do is burn everything down to the goddamned ground. I really do hate everything that I see.Every time that I strive to be something, I either fuck it up(not exactly very often) or someone fucks me over hard(that happened much more often).
I'm kind of at the point where I just don't know what to do. And seeing as I'm probably significantly older than most of you, all I got is to go back to the plant, and go back to junior college.
I'm just not sure.

wanted to get into animation and draw cartoons like bugs bunny and such. I got somewhat close to my dream, I picked up drawing and drew like hell for many years since childhood.

Problem is the older I got I realized my ideas were considered outdated. No one is interested cartoons for entertainment sake anymore, its gotta have some faggotry agenda now a days. Most artist today are elitist attentionwhoring liberals that come from wealthy backgrounds. I'm just a guy who grew up around the working class so I can't compete. So eventually I stopped drawing and just gave up.

Now a days I'm studying be an electrical engineer. It's a good trade off I think. I can still create with my hands, just gotta becareful not to design sonething that will shock someone to death or blow up.

i wanted to be a cartoonist ever since i was a kid, drawing basically took up all of my childhood. it wasn't until around the later years of middle school that i completely lost the motivation to draw. i would try to push myself to draw, but it just wasn't fun anymore. i'm not sure if it was my depression at the time that killed it or just a loss of interest. i wanted to go to art school but i eventually gave up on that goal.
i've been trying to get back into drawing again, but i feel so behind in the learning process. i have a lot of trouble with anatomy and pretty much just getting my art to look decent, but i don't know where or how i can learn these things. is it too late? do you just have to be a natural when it comes to drawing? i'm only 19 but god i feel awful about it.

if i were you id go back to college. work for a degree that'll get you a prrrrrrrromotion at the plant you work at.

its about having talent. thats it. everyone will tell its hard work and the usual bullshit, but in truth its all about talent, who you know and who you suck off. thats it. think about it, anyone can work hard at it, but its those with talent are the ones that get the attention.

those that work hard just end up being the hired help.

Im close to 30 , its getting harder ans harder because life will shift your attention away from your dreams to just trying to get by and survive.

19 is super super young. If you really care, you have to dedicate yourself to it and work every day.