Okay, so Henry Cavill was my first Superman and I still really like his portrayal...

Okay, so Henry Cavill was my first Superman and I still really like his portrayal, but Brandon Routh's Superman is PERFECT. When Lois goes to kiss him and he wants to but he doesn't because he respects her relationship with Cyclops it seriously made me melt. And when he saved Lex's girlfriend who totally faked needing to go to the hospital to come onto him but he rejected her because he had feelings for Lois... he's like the perfect gentleman. And OMG that scene where he lifts Lois on the Daily Planet rooftop you can almost feel how she's as light as a feather to him... I mean, it's that perfect contrast of his pure strength and his gentle nature. That's the most romantic scene in any Superhero movie to me. Also, I really liked how when he had to choose to either save Metropolis or Lois (he knew that Cyclops was flying to save her, but still) and he chose to save Metropolis (and then saved Lois after that). Like, he obviously has this really intense love for her but it doesn't blind him, and in the end he will always do the right thing. He is literally perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JbGL6bed5yM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Cyclops
Huh?

>but Brandon Routh's Superman is PERFECT

Not really, his Clark Kent IS though

He was better superman than Cavil's version but that isnt saying much really

Superman Returns is pretty underrated.

It only looks good in comparison to Man Of Steel

You're a genuine girl or a gay guy really, really in touch with his feelings.

Richard White

He's Superman was good. I'd prefer him over George, who had years, although to be fair, I've only seen about 10 of the B&W and maybe 5 of the color. I like his version better, quantitatively (due to the fact that there's way more footage and screen time of the DCAU) than pretty much any portrayal in S-TAS or JL/JLU, although I'd say I can find more moments to love in those.

I think Cavill could be better but he's given a lousy context and non-existent or crap dialogue and just directed to look constipated or unhappy.

I have rose colored glasses about Christopher but Routh essentially did his Superman as an extension of that as well, except for the creepy shit that was written by Singer and his co-writers, plus the kid.

If Paul Levitz had the balls he uses for the Legion he would have pushed all of DC Comics influence possible to get WB suits to demand re-writes of that stuff when the drafts were floating around.

>implying

It was easily the best Superman movie since the first.

I liked the first Superman trilogy better then this

I'd say for a mediocre boring film it gets the reception it deserves

Being ignored forever.

Man of Steel was better than Superman the Movie. I haven't seen Returns, but from what I hear, it's a poor man's Donner, that even the nostalgiafags couldn't force themselves to like, so I've never been compelled to check it out myself.

>not enough explosions to hold my attention

PERFECT‽

HE'S A FUCKING DEADBEAT DAD THAT RAPED LOIS AND ABANDONED THEIR CHILD!

LOIS THEN KEKED CYCLOPS, HE THINKS IT'S HIS KID!

FUCK THAT FUCKING MOVIE!

careful with all those memes, son

it ain't no meme if it's the truth

That literally means nothing.

The only good Superman movie is the first one. Returns is mediocre. The rest are varying degrees of shit. For example, Superman 2 is shit. Man of Steel is dogshit.

If they had just cast someone who could actually play Lois Lane instead of just a demure wallflower, it would have been a great movie.

>they never gave Dana Delany a chance to play IRL Lois

Routh was a good Superman, but his movie was not so great, unfortunately. If only it had been a total reboot, it would have been better received, especially because the old Donner Superman is now a bit out of our time.

Still keeping the "Superman (1978) is a great Superman movie!" meme alive, I see. I wonder what would happen today if a modern screenwriter came up with the 'classic' ideas of le funny Lex Luthor wearing wigs and buying real estate, Superman coming up with bullshit Deus Ex Machina powers on the spot, that cop-out ending etc. It would be a 12% RT movie, but since it's most people's first Superman, it gets a pass.

Superman Returns was easily a better movie than Superman 1, 2, 3 and 4, and that's coming from someone who prefers Man of Steel over all of those.

Oh hey, It's the Atom!

And he played Todd in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Dylan in Dylan Dog: Dead of Night.

youtube.com/watch?v=JbGL6bed5yM

I like how the nose of the plane breaks in and the plane ripples. Because all of the weight and the falling force is centered on those two hands.

Since,man, since

>Still keeping the "Superman (1978) is a great Superman movie!" meme alive, I see. I wonder what would happen today if a modern screenwriter came up with the 'classic' ideas of le funny Lex Luthor wearing wigs and buying real estate, Superman coming up with bullshit Deus Ex Machina powers on the spot, that cop-out ending etc.
>and buying real estate,

You sound kinda mad but I have to ask, out of all that, what's wrong with Lex buying real estate? He SHOULD own lots of stuff.

worse than MoS and creatively bankrupt. they would have dug up Christopher Reeves's corpse and weekend at Bernie'd it if the body was still fresh.

>The only good Superman movie is the first one.
The one where he flies around the planet counter-clockwise and turns back time?
>Superman 2 is shit
Oh, I see - you're just trolling.

Check out Cavill's performance in the film "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." that came out last year. Criminally underrated movie and Cavill is actually given some acting work to do besides Snyder's "everyone pretend you're Batman" direction.

As much as I dislike MoS and BvS, the core problem is not the acting ability of the people involved.