Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_BDgn4ijw6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cNh_yNhvXGM
youtube.com/watch?v=YvlRzQAt5xk
youtube.com/watch?v=wu1FP8Krqa0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What made this TV series so great?

it was so relatable

What did you guys do for the 20th anniversary?

I think it was good enough writing and a great atmosphere that Richard Dean Anderson created for the actors where they could just sort of have fun and be creative. Even if they didn't hire Amanda Tapping Michael Shanks and Chris judge I think it still would have been successful because of that.

Did they really so many love triangles in that show?

Always makes me laugh.

>it's a CSI episode

does anyone know what this really adds. or if it's worth it.

Universe was a cool show.

No it wasn't.

it was a terrible show. only good thing about it was the titcow.

It wasn't a love triangle, the guy started liking her but never had a chance.

Besides she fucked a lot of guys there and ignored them afterwards, it was her method to cope with being locked inside an ancient ship.

Many resorted to do one thing to deal with it, like Rush focusing on Destiny's mission, Young keeping everyone in check, Greer doing his duty trying to ignore his terrible past, etc. Only one guy committed suicide though

ive never seen this show, what am i in for? (ive also never seen the movie) (but i sort of like science fiction stuff sometimes)

Yes it was user. Only pew pew fans hated it because "it's not staaaargaaatee" unless it has formulaic difficult task, shootings, explosions and then Carter or McKay coming out with a ridiculous sciency solution that worked.

It's awesome. Watch the movie, if you don't like the premise then don't watch the series, if you do, then you're in for a ride

comfy scifi, watch these condensed episodes.
youtube.com/watch?v=_BDgn4ijw6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cNh_yNhvXGM
If you don't get any appeal from these then it might not be for you.

>great atmosphere that Richard Dean Anderson created for the actors
I think part of the reason he did that was because he stated many times MacGyver was hell to film since it was all about him and didn't have the ensemble cast.

It had a cool premise, decent cast, and lots of promise that some bad decisions and magic stones pissed away.

Got disappointed with SGO

What's Sup Forums's favorite seasons lads?

Watch the movie. Cheesy action flick with Kurt Russell and James Spader you can't go wrong.

>convoluted religious bullshit
>teen love triangle bullshit
>middle aged lesbians

Should I finally watch season 9 and 10?

SG-1 season 5
SGA season 1

Rewatching, 1/2 through s4

GOOLD?

you know what i noticed rewatching, only teal'c ever consistently says goa'uld, everyone would swap between goold and gou'uld sometimes in the same scene, even daniel, of course hammond only ever says goold

posting for hot tok'ra tits

>Jonas was the bad guy in Cop dog

Anyone remember the fan site kawoosh!, the Stargate music video awards site, and all the old videos on youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=YvlRzQAt5xk

There are so many ways to say it, Landry's was the most perplexing though:
>GOW-oold

Isn't that the first half of the last episode?

SG-1 Season 3 or 4 or honestly 1-8. I have a real soft spot for Season 1 because the world was just beginning and you never knew what was gonna happen next.

SG-A Season 3

>because the world was just beginning and you never knew what was gonna happen next.
That's what I like the most about early Stargate. There are many standalone episodes where they just go and explore it discovering cool shit. After Apophis died I couldn't give two shits anymore about the long arc they wrote because it was repetitive as fuck and there were less standalone episodes with cool shit.

s3-4 sucks compared to 1 and 2 and 5 onwards, 3 and 4 are the worst seasons, with a couple good ones like the groundhog day ep

Yes. The quality is lower and you will really miss O'Neill, like a lot. You realize just how much he meant to the show. There's still plenty of fun stuff to be had and some great episodes but it's clear the overall plot with the Ori isn't as interesting as the Goa'uld/Replicator stuff and the Lucian Alliance c-plot feels really not there.

Bad Guys, 200, Pegasus Project, The Shroud, Unending, Camelot, and Ripple Effect are all great episodes to look forward to.

remember how they would put on the base's self destruct every time the Gould would dial in.

Oh you'll also miss Hammond a lot :(

just watched 'upgrades' its odd she keeps flirting with Jack and Jack is not the least bit interested, its weird its almost like they were trying to get some kinda romance between them and RDA just wasn't having any of it

How is ark of truth? I will watch it on monday.

He rejects her because she has a snake inside her head.

It's good. Not great by any means. I think Continuum is better.

it's fine, just think of it as a long episode with a little bit bigger budget.

but its a good snake, he missed out

Good writing, meticulous consistency between episodes and seasons, talented cast, good production value, and lots of charm/character that most shows lack.

I understand why alot of people didn't like it, but i enjoyed it. Especially liked Rush, was such a fucking asshole.

The snake wants Daniel though.

I thought it was pretty meh. Wraps everything up pretty nicely but it didn't really offer up anything you hadn't seen in the show before, except maybe for one thing that ends up being kinda lame anyway.

Continuum tho, that was a fantastic movie and overall a much better sendoff for SG-1.

I think the craziest thing about Stargate is the consistency both within seasons and between. You really know what to expect when you put on an episode, and somehow that's not a bad thing.

>Adria doesn't appear until the very end
>fucks off with that Ancient cunt and resolves everything in an off screen battle
>Doci is fucking useless

what the fuck were they thinking

all the snakes want daniel, goddamn snek magnet, also daniel hooked up no less then 5 times during his search for sha'ri, Jack even comments that he's got a girl on every planet

I like Ark a little better, never was a big fan a time travel stories where time just resets and no one knows about what happened.

I wish that was true. I have both seasons along with the other fifteen. The premise was cool but it was basically like they took all the fun and humor out of the show and replaced it with "Battlestar Galactica." The gritty survival sci-fi concept just did not work in Stargate. I mean it felt like the show was starting to pick up and was slipping in more humor near the end, even just in little bits of dialog. I might have been more behind it if they didn't have all the fucking relationship drama and lost the shaky and out of focus camera thing.

How would you continue Stargate?

set it in the 1940s maybe some kinda prequel about Langford, no wait never mind thats an awful idea

I wouldn't. Keep it dead. No need to desecrate its legacy.

Just renew sg:u and proceed with what they were doing with the show in the end

keep the same formula as SG-1 but focus on the side teams and adventures, have either Carter or Davis running the SGC. other option is having Carter flying around the Hammond going to planets in the ancient database that they can't gate too in order to see whats there.

The tone of that thread dropped like a fucking rock when that reveal hit.

Stargate Alpha. Have the SGC moved off planet to the alpha site. Continue exploration of remaining Milky Way gates while coordinating with Atlantis in the ongoing war against the Wraith. Bring back Midway station with new security protocols so another Wraith infiltration can be avoided. Maybe occasionally mention the Destiny or have an episode where someone has to use a magic stone to find some snippet of information from the Destiney or the crew.

the start
>please don't be another shit mobile game
>I hope it's not something lame like SG-1 on blueray
>get hype for SGU coming back

near end of thread
>we're sorry, we'll take another mobile game, just don't do this.
>SGU wasn't that bad we're sorry..

Not with what I'm pretty sure will be a pandering mess of an "Origin season"

I wouldn't revive the Gaould, but I wouldn't try to replace them with an immovable object like the Ori. The best part of the Gaould was how explicitly conniving they all were.

I would introduce a new race, less humanoid, possibly from a far off system that an Ancient ship carrying a gate ended up in via wormhole, and it took them centuries to backtrace/reverse engineer their OWN system of gates based on it. Part of their religion could even be that they were destined to find and rule the worlds their "original" gate led them to, because their god deemed them worthy, but didn't tell them HOW to rule, so they aren't singleminded like the ori but don't think of themselves as gods so they're not REALLY a reskin of the Gaould.

Fuck me that's good...I'd watch the shit outta that. External pressure from threats, internal pressure because you're off earth, have limited resources. Best parts of SG1 & A & BSG

New TV Show with an unfortunately similar premise to SGU or early SGA but with different execution
>Cast includes mostly new faces but with a few familiar anchors, maybe Richard Woolsey or Major Davis
>Very important to include nobody too-skilled in physics/ancients/matters regarding the gate
>about two or three dozen people trapped on this forest planet
>team is so small that even a single death would be devastating, no redshirts here
>have to figure out how to survive and then how to get home
>fighting disease, local wildlife, the weather, etc.
>living in caves and chopping down trees n shit to build shelters
>eventually they're able to get the gate on that planet working and they start venturing out to find friends
>final season ties into SGU and allows both to be wrapped up

Or the more interesting one
>High-profile leak and an alien terrorist attack forces Homeworld Command's hand
>Stargate program has to be revealed to the public
>Show is largely about managing the reaction to this massive new universe
>some of Earth's enemies like the Lucian Alliance see it as fair game to interfere with Earth even more directly now, and try to manipulate the people against each other
>aliens aiding terrorist organizations, etc.
>still going offworld and doing the SG-1 stuff but that's not the largest part of the show

The second one also involves debate around using the Ark of Truth and whether it's justified

Lol, troi just showed up as a russian scientist, I did not remember that

that's watergate right, with the swiss jokes?

Everyone who wasn't an American or Canadian kind of got shafted by the show now that I think about it. Granted non-Americans weren't the target audience.

Chinese were more mentioned than seen. Can't remember seeing the British or French do anything noteworthy. The Ruskies were basically bad guys. Czechs got a good presentation from Zalenka I guess.

yep, russians have their own gate and dhd but are inevitably retarded about using it
I seem to remember the chinese becoming important later on

they got a ship and were mentioned a bit more but we didn't even see it

ah, thats a shame

Decided to re-watch the series, only got up to season 3 in my most recent attempt (the furthest ive gotten). its so comfy dude

I had to skip a bit of 3 but i'm almost done the slog that is 3 and 4, soon s5 will begin, i'm looking forward to it

im watching the pilot right now

>Only pew pew fans hated it

You faggots had Battlestar Glactica. The fact they fucked SG with that drama shit is the worst thing ever to happen

its really good, watch the unrated one see Sha're's tits, understand why Daniel is so obsessed

Forgot two other points in this.
1. More Daedalus ships, now also named after Thor and the other fallen Asgard allies.
2. As a result of the Atlantis being on earth for a time (back in Pegasus now) broken down puddle jumpers were taken for study and by second or third season we he get Earth built Gateships, F-305.

>
Create a season showing renegade Goa'uld from Babylonian mythology (the "children of Bha'al" or something) trying to regain ascendancy in solar systems near our own.

Humans from Earth going from planet to planet having adventures and kicking alien ass.

that dude never came back eh? he really should have

for a show with a list of recurring characters as long as a phone book, it really is surprising he was a one-off

they even set it up for him to comeback, I guess the writers never got to it, or maybe the actor was unavailable

Reminder that the same actor who played the president in SG-1 also played the president in The Dark Knight Rises, thus confirming they take place in the same universe.

really? you bring up the President and not Teal'c working for Bane?

he was going through a rough patch, I don't hold it against him, Teal'c never liked hotheads

>Christopher Judge towered over Tom Hardy, ruining the image of him as a big guy so he was edited as much as possible out of the movie
Sad

it's funny season 2-5 are my favorites, I like them exploring random planets, figuring out how alien shit works.
Chris Judge also had a small role in that movie as well
youtube.com/watch?v=wu1FP8Krqa0

on august 18 2000, while rescuing daniel from an Unas, O'Neill made his worst tactical decision ever and for the first time issued his team p90s, the fallout of this decision echos to this day

Well considering the number of times they get into firefights they should have just been carrying M4s. But the P90 at the time was still somewhat unique rather than literally everywhere.

after the really tight story of s1-2, 3 is a big let down, I only realized re-watching now, but its like their was a budget cut or something, and this overarcing story with the jaffa, apophos etc is almost dropped, it only picks back up again s5, also a lot of ongoing strings like the Nox are just never seen or heard from again, maybe a change in writers or studio idk, but s1 and feels different and imo they only got their mojo back s5

As recently as a month ago Stargate threads were struggling to get a dozen replies before getting archived. Now I see new 100-reply threads every day. Wtf happened?

You are probably right which is also why Furlings were never introduced as planned.

people are carrying m4s in the room and in the shot when O'Neill announces they'll be using p90s, hammond should have turned around and just been like
>jack are you drunk? that gun, that right their take that

20 year anniversary.