/CTG/ Channel-tans General

'ARE U CN THIS?' Edition

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/il6XSeP.png
i.imgur.com/d1YAUq3.png
twitter.com/Knuxyy/media
furaffinity.net/view/20883218/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84986800/#84990866
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84986800/#84991982
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CoolBigSis
nytimes.com/2016/08/20/business/media/viacom-sumner-redstone-philippe-dauman.html?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WELCOME TO /CTG/!

>New reference sheet, courtesy of our comrade Jam.

Hey guys, how's everything going? Everyone have a good week?

Ooh, I'm in early!
Good morning and Happy Saturday, /CTG/!

First: A doodle fer ya!

Second: Got the finished picture for EldritchCom Writer! I kinda liked it both at full and low opacity, so I'll just shove em' both in here.
Full Opacity- i.imgur.com/il6XSeP.png
Low Opacity- i.imgur.com/d1YAUq3.png

I don't think as much changed as I might've made it sound like it would last weekend; I had actually wanted to paint Nick, but I unfortunately didn't set up the picture correctly from the get-go for that to work. In a way I'm happy I didn't, since it makes Viacom and Nick look so different from each other.
After reading part 3 (which I quite liked by the way), it sounded like Viacom was taking on some blue motifs, so in addition to changing part of the Copyright Eyes from red to blue, I did some overall color adjustments to make the picture much "colder" in temperature.

I should be around most of today. I've got some ideas, and I'm lookin' to draw today, dammit!

Hey user. I'm doing well! Been getting a lot of rest, and just kinda been in a good mood all week.

Heres the full body reference for MGM-tan

>i.imgur.com/il6XSeP.png
Hell, that's incredible, no kidding but could be part of the universe of Lovecraft.

That looks so awesome, Jam. Plus that CN and Disney comic is hilarious, feels and laughs are a great way to start the day.

Writeguy here, I'm at a friends this weekend, so I'm not gonna be around for most of Saturday, but Part 4 is underway. I'm really hapy you like my ideas so much you're illustrating them, that's really kind of you. Thank you.

Which Tan would be which in this Response chart?

>Skyward Sword: CN
>A Link to the Past: Nick
>Wind Waker: Disney
>Ocarina of Time: Jetix
>Legend of Zelda: Toonami
>Twilight Princess: Boomerang

>"Your daddy... sometimes he does things he's sorry for later. Sometimes he doesn't think the way he should. That doesn't happen very often, but sometimes it does."

Not my cup of tea but I can see you put a lot of effort in that pic, congratulations.

Where is Nbcuniversal -tan and G4tv tan in this pic?

at the moment it is a prototype. if others like how it looks then later the other characters will be added.

Where is that quote from, and am I going to be saddened when I read its source?

There can't be a /CTG/ thread on Saturday without One Saturday Morning-tan!

I love this chart format compared to last one, since it's provides more space and is organized .

A friend of mine asked about /CTG/ this week. I don't know if he'll pop his head in at all (though he seemed mystified that we've even constructed a lore around channels to begin with), but he really liked Stoner [as] and drew her. He gave me the go-ahead to toss it in here this weekend.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.

I'm so happy happy you like it man. It was really fun, and even kind of relaxing to work on bit by bit. Definitely a different kind of picture than my usual fare.

Oh, sorry, that'd be my bad. I was going off of the reference sheet that was posted in last weekend's threads. I remembered to grab a few that weren't already on there myself, but for the most part it was just the Tans in the base reference sheet.

Stephen King's The Shining. If you know the film then you know that is not as sad as it seems.

>he seemed mystified that we've even constructed a lore around channels to begin with

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a request.

Tell your friend is more than welcome to join us, any contribution is appreciated.

Guys help me I drew a nude of cardboard Toonami-tan/spoiler] and I'm not sure what to do with it.

>delete your comment
Nah I kinda like chaos.

Welp, then wait for Stinkii, double lewd combo.

that's cool yo, but i want lewds of abc

You're bluffing me mate. Trying to rattle me bones, ain't ye?

Who's your friend Jam? I like his style.

We NEED more, cute Alphabet Trio being cute.

Why is CN-tan so slutty?

She's a Turner, she uses her ASSets well.

MTV Classic in Kinderwhore pls

Because Cartoon Network is lewd asf?

>Lady Legasus
>Aunt Grandma

I guess I'll post it in the /i/ drop thread then?

In the meantime, here's an attempt at a marginally less weirdly-proportioned Pixar.

I don't know about the other 5, but as for the OoT slot...

All good and organic concepts come about by chance. It kinda baffles me just how hard Aipiepo hit it out of the park with the first 3 channel-tans, all on a whim.

Who's that on the top right BBC section?

Also, WWE Network-tan being a buff diva chick when?

Deida pls

Which tan is most likely Yaranaika in the channel tan?

HBO to Teen Nick or MTV Classics.

Stoners shouldn't be this cute.

Also I noticed that there is a new group. MTV Classic, SyFy, The N, Stoner and Teletoon at Night. I think they are cute together, cool edgy kids.

It was all about CN-tan and her bootylicious backside

>won't be able to post for several hours
>didn't make enough art or post it on my tumblr

Shame on me

Requesting this image with Spike TV tan getting seduce by the turners, and his squad rooster teeth and G4tv come to save him.

Just draw more Fox [as] booty, that's all we need.
Or spooky Hub-tan, that's cool too.

The day is young, TB. Don't worry about it.

You can find most of his stuff here twitter.com/Knuxyy/media
He's big on waifus.

Requesting this image with HBO, Universal, Paramount, MGM and DreamWorks .

Ok, because of it, I request an user sperging over Boomerang tan.

Literally worshipping her legs on the floor in a frenzy.

And she just look up and down and say: "ok...".

I do have this
furaffinity.net/view/20883218/

He has some good shit on his twitter, thanks for sharing his page!

Summer it's almost over, I would like to see the tiny tans on their first day at School.

Hey guys! I'm working on France 4-tan again(I was unsatified with the previous ver.) what do you think?

any ideas for the colors? or anything else?

Can we suggest a redesign? something cuter, she's okay but I would prefer the kawaii desu nee-style of tan for France 4.

20th century fox tan since almost every company tan has a film studio.

Here's a zoom in or close up of her

Source, user?

Kinda ask someone to draw it for me, m8

She's just OKAY Frenchdrawfag, your Canal J and Gulli are much better. no offense dude.

Alright dudes, what can I improve exactly? send refs and such

I like the Wakfu influence. Some more refinement on the overall design would help, but I do think you're headed in the right direction with the suit and bowtie.

Definitely needs some kind of purple in her outfit to go with her logo. I see it in the eyes, but I feel like more would do well. Maybe even flip the colors and have a white suit and purple button down.

I almost wanna say there needs to be a 4 in there somewhere, but I'm having a hard time thinking of where. Maybe as a little suit-pocket ornament thing?

She must know how to negotiate to get the rights to so many franchises and then destroy them on film.

First, her face - draw something cute using the Wakfu/Dofus style, maybe using as reference to Frida Mofette.

Pic related for her outfit, of course you can draw your own design, but still "geeky" and "nerdy".

>Stoner: Yeah, baby, you'd dig it the most. But you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
Fox: What?
>Stoner: It's the little differences. I mean, they got the same shit over there that we got here, but it's just...it's just, there it's a little different.
Jules: Example?
>Stoner: Alright. Well, you can show sexual theme and stuff in cartoon shows in Europe. And I don't mean just like show a busty teacher or a milfy mom. I'm talking about a sex scene, with condoms and all. And you know what they call 'Over The Garden Wall' in France?
Fox: They don't call it a Over The Garden Wall?
>Stoner: Nah, man, they speak french or italian or some shit like that.
Fox: What do they call it?
>Stoner: They call it "La Forêt de l'Étrange."
Fox: "La Forêt de l'Étrange."
>Stoner: That's right.
Fox: What do they call The Amazing World of Gumball?
>Stoner: The Amazing World of Gumball is The Amazing World of Gumball, but they call it "Le monde incroyable de Gumball".
Fox: [in mock French accent] "Le monde incroyable de Gumball ." [laughs] What do they call Steven Universe?
>Stoner: I don't know, I don't watch gay rocks.

She's the one with Dofus and Wakfu, right? then she need sass.

>Stoner: Yeah, baby, you'd dig it the most. But you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
Fox: What?
>Stoner: It's the little differences. I mean, they got the same shit over there that we got here, but it's just...it's just, there it's a little different.
Fox: Example?
>Stoner: Alright. Well, you can show sexual theme and stuff in cartoon shows in Europe. And I don't mean just like show a busty teacher or a milfy mom. I'm talking about a sex scene, with condoms and all. And you know what they call 'Over The Garden Wall' in France?
Fox: They don't call it a Over The Garden Wall?
>Stoner: Nah, man, they speak french or italian or some shit like that.
Fox: What do they call it?
>Stoner: They call it "La Forêt de l'Étrange."
Fox: "La Forêt de l'Étrange."
>Stoner: That's right.
Fox: What do they call The Amazing World of Gumball?
>Stoner: The Amazing World of Gumball is The Amazing World of Gumball, but they call it "Le monde incroyable de Gumball".
Fox: [in mock French accent] "Le monde incroyable de Gumball ." [laughs] What do they call Steven Universe?
>Stoner: I don't know, I don't watch gay rocks.

Here is a new reference for Toon Disney, hope you guys like it.

I thought France 3 was the ones broadcasting Wakfu/Dofus?

Someone requested something comfy last Sunday night, but the thread got archived just before I could finish it. So, here it is.

Hey Flimfan, do you have any lore for Smithsonian Channel or Spacetoon? they are your designs, right? Gotta draw 'em later.

Any changes you make please, please. keep the purple in her eyes, looks great.

that's really cute user, and the rope on her hip was a nice touch

Greentext/draw request.

Channel-tans talking about traumatic moment on their lives with a therapist.

>CN
CNReal and PPG Reboot.

>Disney
The Good Dinosaur (Pixar's fault but she's their owner).

>Nick
That time when she had to close their most popular studios.

>Jetix
Her last day on air.

>Disney XD
When they cancelled Kickbuttoski or Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja.

>The N/TeenNick
Their change of brand/name.

Or any other moment on their history.

Hey guys where did we established the Nick Tan was originally a Turner because I have an idea to built off it

or Motorcity

Here you go buddie.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84986800/#84990866
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84986800/#84991982

>Their change of brand/name.
Anyone have the greentext and/or image(s) of the N's bird death ?

Boomerang should be the therapist, and ironically she has many traumas because all her favorite shows and cartoons are slowly being forgotten by the younger generations.

>The N is out of town leaves her siblings to take care of her bird
>Nick feeds it nothing but slime
>good guy Spike notices the bird seems sick from it
>gives it red bull
>after all red bull gives you wings and birds have wings
>bird stops flying around
>mistakesweremade.png

>Nick sees that the bird is dead blames Spike's red bull
>Spike blames Nick's slime
>they come up with a plan to make sure N won't be made at them
>leave Nick's pet sponge in the cage with duck tape wings
>brilliant
>Viacom notices this and asks why Nick's sponge is in the bird cage
>Nick tries to bluff that it's the bird
>she's a terrible liar
>Spike explains the situation
>Viacom says nothing and leaves
>comes back with a new bird
>everything should work out
>the N notices that it's not her bird
>que the breakdown and the massive amounts of therapy

Thanks. My idea is that Nick Tan isn't actually a Turner but a Warner. Long before Turner bought Warner Comunucations, there was the four Warner Brothers. Nick is the last living descendant of the Warners and the true air to their fortune.

She's the second cousin once removed from the gran-gran-gran aunt of CN's grandmother, and thus the true heir to the family fortune, but she does not know. or something like that? You know, like Scooby's family tree.

I like it. I also came up with that one day the Warner Brothers went missing and around this time Turner took over. Some say he locked them in the water tower on the studio lot.

>I do not understand what went wrong, Doc. everyone loved that show. I thought we could improve it, for God's sake, it has memes and twerk!

CN has Fox and Stoner. Nick has TeenNick, BET and MTV Classic, DIsney has Disney XD and now Teletoon has Teletoon at Night!

Requesting those tans doing cool stuff with their Big Sis. for the record, that's a troop.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CoolBigSis

There is something strangely attractive about this concept, but in general I'm not a big fan. But of course, good job.

>Deida

I probably don't have cute but I do have a followup to something from a few weeks ago

(Flattering self-portrait there, me)

>DEIDATVM is Zach Bellissimo
Incredible.

I wasn't here last week, who is Teletoon at Night?

I'd point out that, even if it was not your intention the 'Prime Time' comic was actually cute.

Well, Viacom lost another battle. This time he lost another battle with Redstone and now the old man regains control once again.

nytimes.com/2016/08/20/business/media/viacom-sumner-redstone-philippe-dauman.html?_r=0

>The Good Dinosaur
Wasn't really that bad. Honestly if that's the worst thing that's happened to disney, I envy her.

It's weird, I always imagined XD was Disney's cousin.

NBC accidently punching CBS in her eye, ouch.

It's a sad day for the Viacoms, and therefore, CTG.

It's because she's tanned, right!

Quick update, it's move-in day on campus, so everything is hectic. However, I think I can pop in tomorrow evening!

Something tells me Redstone isn't pleased with how his company tried to take control of itself. Vi is screwed.

She looks adorable, I wish there was a crossover between Toon Disney and Discovery Kids.

No It's because I made her before these threads.

I took one of Jams ScyFi drawings from last week and decided to color it

Alright. Thanks for the update, Dabble.
Take care and have fun!

I have some other ideas for this, but I'll tackle them one at a time throughout the day.

Thank you! And I totally understand. Just think of it as a creative exercise.

Thanks for popping in to let us know, Dabble! See ya when we see ya matey. Take it easy.

Good job, but I think her hoodie is gray.

Yoto, is that you? So she's her cousin, or her sis? I prefer the strange relationship between XD and Disney, but as sisters of course.

Oh god, my heart. Lovely Jam.
I like how Vi makes sure to use a booster seat for Nick Jr. Damn, what a good dad.

It can be either! It's just until today I never even considered them being sisters. That works just as good though. (I also always imagined Boomerang was CN's cousin)

I'm glad you draw Teennick with her puppet, that's my favorite part about her concept.