So was this true or was Morpheus just fucking with her?

So was this true or was Morpheus just fucking with her?

It was true, but something got fucked and reality got reformed from start to end, where humans were superior.

Or it was just a dream.

He was just fucking with john here right

Why would it not be true?

I doubt it
why would he hurt him like that?

I dunno i just dont want it to be true because it was retarded

which part?

Why would it be true? He probably just told her that to make her feel better
And if it were true then ants would rule the earth, not humans. Seeing how it only takes a thousand beings to dream of something to make it true

>ant
>dream
huh?

Don't forget the endless aliens out there that could just imagine their planet is the most important one instead of earth with its humans favored by god. "Who created the universe? God created the universe. Nuh uh it was MY God who created the universe. Lets put it to a majority rules dream vote to retroactively determine the origin of the universe"

what make you belive endless aliens have dream, or rather what make you belive aliens didn't come from human dream
isn't there are story where it's explain that alien actualy come from human dream

Well fuck you then
There are still a lot of social mammals like monkeys, rats, dolphins
If Dream wasn't spouting bullshit out of his butthole then the whole universe would be changing every couple of minutes

maybe it did, and we didn't know about it

Thats retarded. Martian Manhunter met Morphius and knew who he was. Morphius even made nightmares specifically for some aliens and they gave him some weird gift when he met up with them again later on in the series. Darksied and Superman showed up to the funeral.

All intelligent life dreams and the endless circle of "humans are best because retroactive dreaming" bullshit has to be put to an end.

And why couldn't cats just dream to be apex predators again?

Read the comic
Cats are all independent and shit

I read the comics like 5 years ago, not like I remember the details. All I remember is that it reminded me why I hate the trope of cats as mystical beings.

that because reality been change
still Sandman represent story

it was a Dream. And in the end, what's the difference between a Dream and Reality to a being like Morpheus?

Which Gate did she went through?

It could be a romanticized callback to the times when big cats like the saber-tooth and others predated on early humanity, back when we were little more than primitives cavemen trying to survive on our own in a world far more savage than our modern one.

>And if it were true then ants would rule the earth, not humans.

Funny you say that, if I remember well ants are among the most prolific denizen of the insect kingdom, the worldwide populations is something like 10 quadrillion and there isn't a single piece of land or island that doesn't have its own native ants, they pretty much rule the earth, well at least at their scale I suppose.

Ants rule jack shit
We could exterminate every single last one of them if we wanted to, real hard
Sure it would take time and money but we could do it

Of course it was a dream.

They did the EXACT same thing in Overture, user. Dream (Desire, really) gathered up all the remaining survivors of the universe into a ship and had them all dream up a reality where everything wasn't destroyed by the dream vortex.

No its bullshit and I refuse to accept it. I dreamed it into un-existence and you cant stop me.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? It's all about perspective, user. Local realities. It's the same way with how the gods are stronger in their own territories (Dream being omnipotent in the Dreaming, except when he pretends to not be because he's a melodramatic guy who likes to toot his own theatrical horn, compared to just being pretty strong outside of it).

>it's still true

ants dream of a lot of things. just generally not (additional) world domination.

Bitch please they'll outlast you and eat your corpse down to its last bone

simple.
ants can't dream

this is comic and you make it like rule of life

The comic doesn't depict cats as any more mystical than any other creature.

it was equally true and untrue

man get the fuck outta here

What that issue was fucking amazing

But it is specifically cats that are depicted at all. Yet again.

He's not wrong though. It's kind of nebulous, but at it's core, it really was true.

The way "things were" is highly "multiple choice" at least in the place the Endless exist.

Dream is possibly just a place where multiple realities intersect, along with shadows of those realities, and all kinds of possibility and weirdness.

This is a series that also had people from wildly different times running into each other in sandstorms because time gets weird around some areas, and the Arabian Nights being a story - to protect them forever - because otherwise the glory they represented would have fallen like all other things. But as a story they exist forever. At the same time, it really was like that. Until it wasn't. It never was.

Some of the actual details might vary a bit though. Or they might not. Stories are funny that way.

I took it as it didn't matter if it was true or not, because by telling her this tale he made a part of the dreamworld that actually had this in it. He told her something and used that to create it.

So it doesn't matter if it happened or not because it now exists and someone could easily accidentally 'timetravel' into his realm and land in that land of giant cats.

bump