Riverdale

Who here is gonna watch Riverdale on The CW next year? I hope it gets generals at least.

I am watching it borderline ironically. I love mainline Archie and Afterlife with Archie but this seems a bit too out there. Still, it'll probably be interesting even in a terrible way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djRAiiFlCy8
tvline.com/2015/11/05/archie-tv-series-riverdale-the-cw-cast-characters/
denofgeek.com/us/tv/riverdale/240577/riverdale-archie-tv-series-new-photos-sabrina-details-story-details-cast-premiere-date
youtube.com/watch?v=cPWSUAodq4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's funny that this parody trailer predicted it

youtube.com/watch?v=djRAiiFlCy8

also is that by Ovens?

I'll watch it hoping it is a crazy mess rather than a bad one

Anyone else think Jughead's voice in that Archies cartoon sounded totally off?

I always imagined him having a low, smooth, cigarette smoker's voice.

Is this the one full of milf boning?

Yes. The one where Archie's dad is involved with the mob, there are stipclubs all over rivendale, betty is a pill poppin' whore, archie's a murderer, etc.

>No Sabrina
It can fuck off.

She isn't a pill popping whore, she's just an adderal addict (which is bullshit, those things are nowhete near effective enough to become dependent on)

She fucked her way on to the cheerleading squad dude.

>which is bullshit, those things are nowhete near effective enough to become dependent on
You're correct with regards to physical addiction, but psychological addiction is a thing.

>betty is a pill poppin' whore, archie's a murderer
WHAT? Last I heard he boned his teacher, but I definitely did not hear that he killed someone or Betty's a whore.

Archie accidentally killed someone while working on veronica's house. His dad has mob ties and blamed it on Veronica's dad, which causes her mom and veronica to move to riverdale in the first place since the dad is in jail now.

Betty fucked her way on to the cheer squad.

Source? Sounds like a trainwreck.

Jughead's pretty fuckin' hot in that picture.

Don't worry, it's just his fanfic.

Where the fuck is bio user when you need him?

Here, have this.

tvline.com/2015/11/05/archie-tv-series-riverdale-the-cw-cast-characters/

Uh, that doesn't explicitly say anything.

It's only got bios for the main peeps. I'm trying to find the source with the rest of the cast. That's why I said I wish bio user was here, that dude has cast pics and descriptions for everyone.

He's bullshitting. Archie was fucking Ms. Grundy when Jason Blossom got killed, and wants to good to the police because he heard some shit but Ms. Grundy coherces him not to so people won't find out she was fucking a student.

denofgeek.com/us/tv/riverdale/240577/riverdale-archie-tv-series-new-photos-sabrina-details-story-details-cast-premiere-date

Which one? The Archie's Show? They're based off the 1950s radio show. The radio show had Veronica with a southern accent as well, which is why Veronica had one.

Why is everyone a slut in Riverdale? Archie, Veronica, Betty, Kevin... Is this what teenagers like to watch? High school kids with absurd sex lives and a crap ton of problems? I guess that's why Degrassi is popular.

None of this says what was described earlier in the thread. First of all, it has no mention of a mob connection for Archie's dad, and it only describes Archie as having a dark secret and Betty being on the cheerleading squad coming with certain conditions. That is hardly 'Archie murdered a dude and Betty fucked her way onto the squad'.

Let's do this.

ARCHIE ANDREWS (K.J. Apa)

>Archie is an intense, conflicted teen, a high school sophomore who is still boyishly handsome but got pumped after working construction for his dad during the summer. He is grappling with heavy issues and juggling the unexpected interest of several girls while discovering his passion for writing and performing music against his father and his football coach’s better wishes. He harbors more than one dark, terrible secret.

Again, the links don't cover all bios or anything. Maybe you'll get lucky and have bio user drop in and post everything.

It's pretty much generally agreed upon in Sup Forums that that's the plot of the tv series so far. We have a thread on it once or twice a month and have been for nearly a year now.

BETTY COOPER (Lili Reinhart)

>Betty is a blonde and pretty sophomore some self-esteem issues and affinity for Adderall. Eager-to-please, wholesome and studious, Betty has a super-crush on her longtime best bud, Archie. But tired of being the "perfect" everything, she turns to her new friend, Veronica, for life advice. Betty hails from a dysfunctional family and has a coveted spot on the cheerleading squad — though with certain conditions...

VERONICA LODGE (Camilla Mendes)

>A silver-tongued stunner, Veronica has just returned to Riverdale from New York with her divorcee mother, following a scandal which resulted in her father going to prison. Extremely intelligent, self-confident and immediately popular, Veronica is a sophomore and is eager to reinvent herself — from Mean Girl to caring friend. In the process, she sets her sights on Archie to become her new boy toy, but soon uncovers deeper feelings bubbling beneath the surface.

Fuck yeah bio user

JUGHEAD JONES (Cole Sprouse)

>Jughead is a caffeine-addict, sullen heartthrob with a philosophical bent. The lanky lad is Archie’s former best friend, seeing as the two still are smarting from a rift that took place between them. Angry, Jughead refuses to take the olive branch being proffered by Archie, the hurt goes that deep.

KEVIN KELLER (Casey Cott)

>Betty's cheerful, openly homosexual, quick-witted best friend, Kevin struggles to mend fences with his conservative father, who refuses to accept his son's lifestyle, and is looking for love in all the wrong places.

MOOSE MASON (Cody Kearsley)

>The star player of Riverdale High's football team, Moose becomes fast friends with Archie when he decides to join the team. What he lacks in brains he makes up for in brawl, and has a particular soft spot for milfs.

Wait, is that one of those Disney Channel twins?

REGGIE MANTLE (Ross Butler)

>The town prankster, Reggie is a wealthy and sarcastic sophomore who fashions himself as the big man on campus,and feels threatened when Archie begins stealing the spotlight.

>has a particular soft spot for milfs.

Is this real? Why is this necessary

Yep.

CHERYL BLOSSOM (Madelaine Petsch)

>This fiery redhead is rich, entitled and never accountable. A manipulative mean girl who kills with kindness, she recently lost her twin brother Jason Blossom, with whom she shared a particularly close and intimate relationship, in a mysterious accident.

Now this is a characterization of Veronica I can get behind. I hate when she's written as the generic bitchy rich girl rather than a good, caring girl who is just a bit narcissistic and spoiled on top of that. The former is what Cheryl Blossom is for.

>and has a particular soft spot for milfs.
I like Moose's style. Wonder what that means for Midge.

>close and intimate relationship

JOSIE McCOY (Ashleigh Murray)

>Josie is a gorgeous, snooty and ambitious sophomore, and the lead singer for popular band Josie and the Pussycats, which also includes her friends Valerie Brown and Melody Valentine. She has zero interest in recording any songs written by fellow teen Archie, but that won't stop him from trying.

MELODY VALENTINE (Asha Bromfield)

>The cheerful and naive drummer of the popular band Josie and the Pussycats.

VALERIE BROWN (Irie Hayleau )

>The ambitious, career-obsessed songwriter, bassist, and backup vocalist of the popular band Josie & The Pussycats.

DILTON DOILEY (Daniel Yang)

>Dilton is a brilliant student at Riverdale High, whose introverted demeanor makes him an easy target of the local bullies.

Okay, for a moment there I thought they were going to have Josie and Valerie be black and keep Melody as a Platinum Blonde white girl for some reason.

This works. I can deal with this.

I've never seen the Archie movie or any of the shows.
I do like that one Archie intro song
youtube.com/watch?v=cPWSUAodq4I

But I read all the comics I can get. I hope Reggie gets with Marge and Jughead never marries.

TINA PATEL (Olivia Ryan Stern)

>Cheryl's vicious best friend and second-in-command, Tina will stop at nothing to become the resident queen bee of Riverdale High.

but will we get zombies and the Predator?

GINGER LOPEZ (Caitlin Mitchell Markovitch)

>One of Cheryl's cronies, Ginger comes off as ditzy and airheaded, but might know more about the seedy going-ons at Riverdale than it appears.

FRED ANDREWS (Luke Perry)

>Archie's father, Fred is a generally easygoing owner of the family construction company, who hopes Archie will take over the business one day. However, he is not without skeletons in his closet...

HERMIONE LODGE (Marisol Nichols)

>Veronica's seductive, equally silver-tongued mother, who returns to Riverdale in search of new and better prospects after he husband's scandalous and murky imprisonment.

HAL COOPER (Lochlyn Munro)

>Betty's father, Hal is a succesful pharmacist and supportive of his daughter's endeavors, but disapproves of her blossoming relationship with Archie.

Dilton Dai Lee

ALICE COOPER (Madchen Amick)

>Betty's distant, emotionally brittle mother, Alice is a succesful newspaper publisher and has a tempestuous relationship with her daughter, upon whom she imposes exceedlingly high expectations.

FLOYD CLAYTON (Colin Lawrence)

>The stern coach of Riverdale High's football team, Floyd views Archie as a diamond in the rough, and is determined to ensure that Archie's musical endeavors won't get in the way of the needs of the team.

CLIFF BLOSSOM (Barclay Hope)

>Cliff is the wealthiest and most respected man in Riverdale, whose influence is felt in all aspects of town, and the father of Cheryl and Jason. With such prestigious position, however, comes a fair share of enemies.

PENELOPE BLOSSOM (Nathalie Boltt)

>The stern matriarch of the Blossom family, Penelope is decided to find out what happened to her son.

They should have gotten Alice Cooper.

GERALDINE GRUNDY (Sarah Habel)

>A dedicated but lonely music teacher at Riverdale High, Ms. Grundy soon finds herself caught in a compromising situation regarding Archie, one that both soon find themselves exploiting to their own benefit.

POP TATE (Alvin Sanders)

>The soulful and humorous owner of the local hangout place that attracts the teens of Riverdale, Pop is always ready to lend a helping hand to the kids.

HUBERT SMITHERS (Tom McBeath)

>The Lodge family's dutiful butler who accompanies Veronica and Hermione to Riverdale, and has an agenda of his own.

Awful casting

>When Archie's staff is on so much coke you can't tell if random posts are real or not.

No, the script can be found online, and the pilot has been screened for people.

It does but the reviews of the pilot I've seen have all been fairly positive

It's the one who's a weeaboo and shitposts about Lanky Kong, isn't it?

I'm so pissed that they're writing Ronnie as evil.

what else is there to her besides being evil?

You have literally never read Archies.

she's...rich and petty. she drops archie as soon as something else comes along, that's evil. when she's got something nice going on she makes archie drop everything, waste all his money on her, then still drops him for reggie right before they go out. that's evil
once in a great while she's not evil, and that's out of character.