Why is this character so popular again? I legitimately don't understand

Why is this character so popular again? I legitimately don't understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6fO1sY_Dg-M
youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally the only interesting super hero.

1. Wasn't born with his powers
2. Isn't a God
3. Isn't rich
4. Doesn't know what the fuck he's doing

His villains are also better than anyone else's except maybe batman

>1. Wasn't born with his powers

Wasn't he born a super genius, one of the smartest humans in the universe, who created his webshooters & a new experimental material for webbing in his own room as a teenager?

He has cool unique powers, a cool look, and was the first real teen hero so that makes him more relatable to people since most people get into capeshit as kids

>muh relatable hero

That's all. Somehow if people can imagine themselves being the hero, the hero is better. I dunno about you but this is bullshit for me, If I had superpowers I wouldn't deal with the melodramatic bullshit that Marvel likes to put into its comics.

Everybody loves underdog.

Its all just coasting on how much he exploded at first because he was the only teen hero.

>That's all. Somehow if people can imagine themselves being the hero, the hero is better. I dunno about you but this is bullshit for me
It's not ALL, but it is part of it, see Also, I think people who say characters being relatable isn't a factor in why they like them is total bullshit. The main reason some people loathe the Punisher because they think killing is wrong, that means they automatically compare the character's personality to their own and judge whether they like them based on how they match up to their own personality, this is common as fuck and most people do it to some extent

People on Sup Forums love Cyclops, is it any coincidence that a bunch of unlikable uptight pretentious nerds masturbate over an unlikable uptight pretentious nerd? I think not, they relate to him hence they like him while normal people hate him much like they'd probably hate most of this board if they spent any time here.

He does quips, he gets fine pussy, and he had cool villains

>3. Isn't rich

He is now

youtube.com/watch?v=6fO1sY_Dg-M

>Slottverse
>Canon

Come in user, now you're going to tell me Bendis's work is canon, come on.

Come on.

Come on

He does a better job of being the Marvel Equivalent to Superman than Captain America and Sentry combined.

>implying slottshit is canon
kek

He also was the first teenage superhero who was NOT someone's sidekick. For the young comic book readers of the 60s that was revolutionary.

No, he studied, HARD! he sacrificed his social life to study.

he's
>relateble
>kinda complex
>funny
>interesting stories

Deconstruction of superheroes that became the norm after he got popular.

Also

>best bitches
>best villains
>best "family"
>funny
>Pete's life just as interesting as Spideys

What's not to like? Why are you even here?

he's been around since the 60s

go google him, you will find a load of essays about why they love him so much.

but to make a long story short, he's relateable
he fights crime, but is forced to miss out on the rest of his life because of it, he questions why he gets out of bed for public service to ungrateful citizens.

but at the end of the day he's a normal citizen granted extraordinary powers, who chooses to fight, not because of reward, lofty ideals, or even vengeance, but because of a deeply personal loss, he lost his uncle because he misused his powers, he fights because its the right thing to do

He was also the first cape hero to go full soap opera. Marvel had been publishing teen romance books for years before Stan and Jack brought back costumed heroes in a big way, and Spidey put that experience to use. Romita himself made his name as a romance book artist. And Ditko and Romita era Spider-Man placed an emphasis on having a large and diverse supporting cast, which has more or less remained ever since. So in addition to his superhero life his civilian life felt very fleshed out and genuine. That's part of why he stuck so strongly with people in addition to being the first proper teen hero and the cool powers, cool look and self-insert properties.

I spend a lotta time here and I still thing cyclops is shit =^)

He worked his ass off to become that smart.

I remember as a kid in the 90s normies only knew of Spider-Man and like Batman and Superman. Very rarely did someone also know about Wolverine or The Hulk.

I was made fun of at school for bringing comics to read and shit and no one had ever heard of anyone outside Superman, Batman and Spiderman.

People like to self insert.

He was written to fail more than succeed, yet he kept trying. People identified with that.
>now he's just a quip bot

It'd be cool if someone could storytime his original debut. It's been years since I saw it last.

That's dumb.

You can't become a super genius by 'working your ass off'.

He jokes a lot
His fights are interesting to watch because of his power-set
His method of getting around beats everything else when it comes to style
He tends to be drawn in interesting positions even when he's just hanging around (sometimes by literally hanging)
He's not a paragon of virtue, but something like a minor villain with a huge guilt complex that stops him from going too far into villainy
And he was a kid hero. I think I once heard/read that Captain Marvel was getting more popular that Superman in the early days of comics because Billy was a kid, and that was more interesting to the target audience

because normies who like to pretend they are nerds and like comics know who he is

'ZOMG I KNOW SPIDURMEN HE'S COOl. LOL IM SUCH A NERD xD'

Spiderman is fucking awesome. If you need it explained to you then you most likely are a bruting in the shadows faggot and comics dont really need anymore characters like that so fuck off goddamnit im mad
spiderman is awesome
not the best
but he is among the best

>You can't become a super genius by 'working your ass off'.
How do you think most did it? The one common denominator between all geniuses is they study. A lot. Even the naturally gifted ones.

Maybe if your IQ is close but not enough, you can make up for it in hard work.

yeah

Studying and reading everything you can and learning everything you can from a young age would make anyone smart.

If the desire and drive is there, and the memory is there.

There are people with downs syndrome doing crazy shit, so it's not just about IQ.

I don't get how people say he is relatable. Who relates to a quippy,genius superhero who's parents are dead? Maybe i can relate to single parent and being a bit poor but that isn't his entire character just a small part.

It's not the quippy super genius who's parents are dead they relate to.

It's the living as an average citizen, with a crappy job, in new york, with little to your name and struggling to do the righ thing.

I'm not discounting the value of hard work. I'm just saying it's dumb to have a teenager going to public school who is doing things the entirety of modern chemistry can't accomplish and explaining it as 'he studied REAL hard'.

He's pushing the boundaries of science. The stuff he's doing in his bedroom nobody can be writing books about because its stuff nobody has done before.

He got bit by a radioactive spider that gave him superpowers

You would have a point if this was our universe and not a comic book universe with criminals inventing stuff the could make them millions but instead chose to pull petty crimes.

My original point was he was born with superpowers because he was a Super Genius at birth. He didnt need the radioactive spider for his most iconic super power. Shooting web.

You're missing the point. In the comics multiple people have done exactly what Peter has done. His achievement with the webshooters, while definitely above average, isn't as outside the norm as you thin it is (in the comics).

If you want realism stop reading. But comparatively he didn't do anything superhuman.

He's got the biggest cock in the marvel universe. Not only does he shoot his spider seed in all the lovely ladies, but he's also a "pumper and dumper" type guy.

>A hero that can solo the F4 and some Core X-men who's a genius and gets 10/10 pussy
>underdog

People care about both aspects of his character.

I thought Matt Murdock crushed the most puss in Marvel?

>average citizen
How? Cause he picks up groceries sometimes? Cause he has a job while going to school? That isn't relatable to most kids these days, kids these days don't do that shit.

Logan is the king of it. If anyone has the chart post it

>kids these days don't do that shit.

Okay, so we'll make our movies about a kid in his room doing nothing.

Lets just not go to movies anymore.

Pete's a big name in superheroics, but has problems living a normal life often caused by superheroics

It's the perfect self-insert for adolescent males.

>GOAT costume and powers
>GOAT characterisation
>GOAT surrounding characters
>GOAT rogue gallery
>GOAT stories

gee, I wonder why

He's the underdog in the sense that everybody in universe considers him a punk kid who can't do anything right

He wins all the time because that's what people like, seeing the underdog win. You can debate this makes him not an underdog but hey that isn't how fiction works pal

>A hero that can solo the F4 and some Core X-men
Couldn't most of his solo villains do the same?

>He wins all the time...
Except he doesn't. At least before normies got ahold of him.

For me I probably identified myself in him as a kid. My parents are kill and I live with my uncle Ken and aunt Mary.

Well I was more referring to those times he whooped the X geeks and such back in the day

Wasnt he the first super hero with real life issues?

His theme song is just top notch. Can't be beat

youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE