Sup Forums

Sup Forums

For some reason, you stumble across top secret and classified information regarding your government.
You have these choices
>ignore
>blackmail
>sell to a foreign country
>blow the whistle
>other

What would you pick and why?
For me, pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/now-mattis-admits-there-was-no-evidence-assad-using-poison-gas-his-people-801542
vice.com/en_us/article/wd7xem/australian-whistleblower-leaks-spy-documents-to-Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

blackmail some cute army guy and force him to let me suck his cock !

I will ignore it unless it involves israel or saudi arabia

I honestly wouldn't release the information. What would I get out of doing something retarded like that desu

Blow the whistle
My government represents my people so my people need to know about my representatives

Make copies in several USB drives and spread them through the city. Let others decide what they do with it while I wash my hands.

>What would you pick and why?
>For me, pic related.
So you plan on living in Russia?

>So you plan on living in Russia?
Better than being thrown in Gitmo.

>For some reason, you stumble across top secret and classified information regarding your government.
>You have these choices
>>ignore
>>blackmail
>>sell to a foreign country
>>blow the whistle
>>other
You didn't say what type of information this is. If you're publishing things like military blueprints or the identity of informants on a drug cartel, I'd hope they hang you for being a peice of shit.

I'd prefer to have my current life. Both those solutions are worse.

why is chile so gay

I am already a government official so I'd probably report it

report the incident to ISOO

Depends on the info.
Government doing something actually illegal or at least something that really should be illegal? Release everything, though at least attempt to cover my own part on it.

Valuable, easily sellable (but not 'too' damaging) information with no ways to trace back to me?
Sell to the highest bidder.

Classified information that is only classified because some asshat likes to classify everything?
Ignore.

>other
post "tfw no gf" threads on a certain chinese imageboard

If the secret documents I stumble upon indicate a massive spying program targeting myself and my countrymen I blow the whistle. Snowden did nothing wrong.

>Snowden did nothing wrong.
he didn't. He's a hero.
There's a lot of irony in the US right now. A few years ago, Snowden was branded a traitor for exposing the deep state. Now, our political right is screaming about "muh deep state".

sell to a foreign country for citizenship+money

I wish other Americans didn't write as if they have 89iq.

Ignore it because I want to live a normal life. But I respect Snowden for what he did and the reasons he had for doing it.

Check what it is and not release shit that would hurt your country without providing any gain for the society like what Mannings did.

So basically, do what Snowden did. That or spill my spaghetti and get tried for treason.

This

The impression I've been given is that the average burger doesn't know or care about what Snowden did. It's so strange to me that they'd be so complacent with the gubberment watching and recording everything they do.

Has Trump ever addressed Snowden? You'd think this kind of conspiracy would be right up his alley.

>Has Trump ever addressed Snowden?
I think during the campaing he said something like that Snowden should be extracted by force and tried in war council.

newsweek.com/now-mattis-admits-there-was-no-evidence-assad-using-poison-gas-his-people-801542

That man is so bizarre.

Blackmail whole military, throw a coup, get gold from jewish merchants, expel the jewry, kill myself, accept back the jews with my heir.

ignore it, why the hell would I ever wrap myself up in something so dangerous. I'm not a martyr I am a coward and I enjoy my comfy life

I rip Dr*mpf apart >:)

>The impression I've been given is that the average burger doesn't know or care about what Snowden did.
They likely don't. Burgers either moved on, accepted it or moved onto the next outrage.

Canada is even worse, you have the surveillance shit too and fucking social justice tribunals who can drag you before them if you insult one of the far left's pet groups.
What did YOU do about that?
It's not like they put this shit up for a vote.
In expansive countries like ours it's next to impossible to stop because the government is so big and complicated there isn't one group to go after to bring about change.
This is what will happen under the EU too as it's member states have their autonomy eroded away into federalism.
Britain and Australia are already much worse.

vice.com/en_us/article/wd7xem/australian-whistleblower-leaks-spy-documents-to-Sup Forums-4chan-dismisses-them-as-gay newfags

>Several days after Scerba had posted the documents, a naval officer browsing Sup Forums found posts he'd created referencing the original leak

Here are the possible outcomes for each action you listed:

>Ignore
World becomes worse off for you burying your head in the sand
>Blackmail
You will get assassinated
>Sell to a foreign country
You win in the short-term but in the long-run you will be fucked since the foreign country will never trust you. Why should they? You sold out your own country for money, what's stopping you from doing it to them?
>Blow the whistle
You piss off your home government for betraying their trust, but if you truly believed that in the long-run what you did would help the people, not the government, then perhaps what you did was noble and altruistic in the end. We'll have to see.
>Other
The fuck you give us choice to choose "other" and not explain what "other" is?

>ignore
Irresponsible.
>blackmail
Also irresponsible, assuming you're talking about blackmailing for money. If you mean blackmailing someone (whose job it already is to handle that same information, in the right way) into handling things in the right way: Great. Do that.
Idiotic. Treasonous. Will get you killed. You'll deserve it.
>blow the whistle
Will get you killed. You will not deserve it.
>other
Preferably, put a lot more thought into it and develop a more complex response than any of the easy answers above. Something that involves the appropriate authorities actually doing their appropriate damned jobs. Which isn't easy, I'm sure, but it's the only answer.

Post it all online. That way by the time they find out, I would have been out of the country for close to a decade.

> ignore
This is the only choice to stay alive imo.

>"So... any other suggestions on how to minimize getting caught by authorities?"
Just do what you did the first time, but not the second thing. Everyone on here will ignore you and you'll never get caught.

>Plus to my dismay I just got a bunch of 'fake and gay' remarks and the secret documents went 404 [website not found] about 4 comments 1 hour later," he allegedly posted.

Ignore. I'd rather not fuck with British Intelligence agencies. They're a very scary lot.

Australia is a nanny state. Also Sup Forums is the wrong place to post leaks, unless it's about RMS' deep dark secret about using windows.

if I do find that, it's probably from the old government so I will present it
If it isn't then I will still blow the whistle

this guy is full of shit up to his ears

Most Americans accuse other nations of being police states while ignoring the fact thousands are killed by insane policemen annually.

Literally use it to get closer to the top dogs in the govt and give them what they want
Im not an autist

>blow the whistle
>nobody cares, nothing happens
We already had some huge whistle blowing regarding bribery and irregular financing of campaigns. Nothing happened, and the only decent people trying to do something got bullied or obstructed from getting to the truth (pic very related).

A couple of weeks ago the police got caught literally making up evidence to involve some mapuches in terrorists acts. When the PDI (something like a chilean FBI) went to collect evidence to investigate they closed the doors and put armored vehicles in the entrance so they could not enter the place. Of course, nothing will happen.

This country is a fucking joke.

I'd ignore it if I was in the USA
we're irrelevant so who cares lmao