Just watched the Killing Joke. It sucks

Just watched the Killing Joke. It sucks.

1) The plot is boring and predictable. Literally nothing interesting happens.
2) Joker's origin story is fucking retarded and completely detracts from the character.
3) The joke at the end wasn't all that funny.
4) Seems a bit inappropriate to me that Batman is laughing and chumming it up with the guy who paralyzed his protege and lover.

Under the Red Hood is miles better. Come at me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NC16orUje4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I liked it.

>watching TKJ
>watching
Nigga there is no reason to even care about TKJ beyond Bolland's interior work and back up story, in addition to Higgins' original colors.

This

>Seems a bit inappropriate to me that Batman is laughing and chumming it up with the guy who paralyzed his protege and lover.
Bats is just as crazy as the Joker. He had a bad day once too.

Batman kill The Joker in the last scene dumbass

The animation is fucking awful

>daughter of the police chief
>trained under Batman for three years
>just blindly opens the front door when she's not expecting visitors

Great writing.

>not expecting visitors
She was literally waiting for her friend.

No one actually likes the Killing Joke other than 13 year old edgelords and Timmfags

First of all
>Watching TKJ
brings up a good point in that there's no reason to watch the adaption over reading the comic.
>The joke at the end wasn't all that funny.
If you thought it was meant to be funny, then you missed the point. It was meant to be a metaphor for Batman and Joker's relationship. Batman represents the guy who crossed over to sanity without fear and is trying to get Joker to do the same. You could also see it the other way around as Joker being the guy who crossed over to insanity and is trying to tempt Batman across.
>Under the Red Hood is miles better.
Agreed.

The Killing Joke is probably the most singular example of everything wrong with cape comics.

For one, Moore's mediocre writing is the worst part of the comic. Moore himself has admitted to this, and has disowned the story in the past due to his own one-note, flat work. Despite this, it's always MOORE's The Killing Joke. Not Brian Bolland, the master of iconic and beautiful covers, making a pitch perfect foray into interiors without sacrificing his own personal style or competent aspects of comic storytelling, unlike a certain cover/fanart painter whose interior work is trash. Higgin's, the Michael Collins of Watchmen, psychedelic and experimental colors are usually never even mentioned, but I'll get to that.

Then you have DC itself, who have abused this decent pile of adequateness so much that it's literally unrecognizable in its current published form, aka the Deluxe HC. That, on top of the rush to make the events of the comic "canon" due to its popularity, which changed nothing besides crippling Barbara. Actually, if another thing changed, it was the occasional garbage DC writers creating "tragic" Joker since 88, in an attempt to hijack Moore Magic. Even though it's been almost 30 years, DC is still pillaging the legacy of nothing for all it's worth, with an animated adaptation that saw the Timm being paid to essentially commission a whole team of animators to bring his weird, powerplay slashfiction to cinemas across the world.

Finally, totally unrelated to the quality of the comic, but still important to mention while discussing the comic, is the way people have latched onto it. Everyone from Tim Burton to that guy you knew in high school who always talked about "graphic novels, not comic books" LOVES The Killing Joke. It's the BEST Joker story dude, cause it like shows, that like, everyone is just ONE BAD DAY from like, you know? Bro.

TKJ is writer-centric, corporate prostitute, and crippled pussy on a pedestal trash.

Careful, wouldn't want someone to get cut on that.

goddamn user

I agree with most of what you said though

>criticising a movie when most of those problems come from the source material
Nice bait

The irony in that this speech is just as pretentious, drawn out, mediocre as TKJ.

now it just needs a HC noir edition sold for 20 bucks

This desu
Also Higgins colors>Bolland colors because bolland is fucking retarded in the coloring department
The movie would be better with the original colors, but it'd still be kinda shitty

That was really pretentious, but i do agree TKJ is kinda casual trash and that Bolland's art and Higgins colors are what makes it for me
Oh, and Bolland may be a fucking great artist, but he knows shit about coloring, scrapping Higgin's original colors to publish a deluxe version of the story with that trashy 90's mommy i just discovered digital coloring work Bolland did iwas a fucking retarded idea from DC

no one cares about your opinion

>tfw the joke at the end will never be
Two guys in an insane asylum, they want to escape, but there are 100 walls surrounding the building. They climb and climb and when they get to the 99th one, they decide it's too tiring and return.

Fit the story so much better and is equally unfunny

Valid complaints or not. All your issues come in fact from the comic, and weren't made for the movie.

Joker's "one bad day" monologue was nothing like how I pictured it. Shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=NC16orUje4M

> Seems a bit inappropriate to me that Batman is laughing and chumming it up with the guy who paralyzed his protege and lover.

You also forgot torturing a long time friend of his and left out Joker raping Barbara to

Dont listen to this SJW.

THis is a masterpiece. Go buy a copy so the SJW's dont win!

Yeah, you had me until you had to shoehorn your fetish in

>watched
there's your problem