How do we teach professionalism to lazy Millennials?

How do we teach professionalism to lazy Millennials?

Other urls found in this thread:

askamanager.org/2016/07/my-best-employee-quit-on-the-spot-because-i-wouldnt-let-her-go-to-her-college-graduation.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That manager should probably not delegate their own work to their employees, or maybe show some basic human decency to what is likely to be a once in a life time opportunity.

>Switched some ones shift because they paid a couple dollars for concert tickets.
>Wont switch the shift for an important ceremony.

I would have quit on the spot too.

I wouldve quit too, i think you mean how do we teach employers respect, retard op.

Pretty douchebag thing to do, switch someone because of a concert but not because of a graduation ceremony? Just because there was a cost involved? This manager seems like a complete autist

>How do we teach young people to be snivveking subservients that think work is more important than life?

Your corporate overlords thank you for not breeding while busting your ass for crumbs from their table.

Arbeit macht frei

>Give employee time off for a concert
>Don't give best employee 2 hours off for graduation ceremony

What an absolute retard

Work there for 6 years and can't get 2 hours off to graduate from college. Pretty fucked up.

This is fake

>teach profesionalism to milenials
More like teach managers to quit being little bitches; she quit, gg, that's it, why all the salt?

>graduation
>important ceremony

No it's not

It's real, it's from a blog where management types get in touch for advice. The blogger replied with a scathing put-down on the manager for caring more about money than the good of the staff, and in turn harming the company.

Like most Sup Forums content, this was posted to reddit weeks ago.

If managers expect pure mathematical relationships and perfect cause - effect environment then they should accept it when it's against their benefit too. Again, she deserved to quit, but manager is a faggot for not just getting over it

>cant get two hours free for graduation ceremony

What a shitty work place and autistic manager

I don't understand, if cost was involved in the Ceremony would he had let her off?

This is fake. Mentioning all the shit about her being temporarily homeless is totally shoehorned in to really sell it.

>Best employee
>Worked there for 6 years
>Can't take two hours off for a once-in-a-lifetime ceremony

I would have quit too, desu

The manager is an idiot. Likely uneducated and didn't the importance of the graduation ceremony. "Why should she get a break when I got to where I am without a degree."

This shithead manager is completely ignoring the time and money his employee spent on getting an education, while at the same time recognizing the sunk cost of concert tickets. It's like the ultimate double standard. Manager is clearly a douche canoe.

You'd think that if she was such a great employee, he would have tried harder to keep her rather than bitching publicly about how "unprofessional" it was to want to attend her graduation ceremony lol.

Bottom line, call centers are shit, don't ever work for one.

sounds like the leader is at fault here

you dont treat your "best employee by far" like a machine

link
askamanager.org/2016/07/my-best-employee-quit-on-the-spot-because-i-wouldnt-let-her-go-to-her-college-graduation.html

We dont. Millenial lazyness and entitlement is what will bring this society to its knees.
The merchants didnt expect it, they probably assumed people will stay consumerist drones.
They got consumerist babies instead.

>she was my best employee by far. Her work was excellent, she never missed a day of work in the six years she worked here, and she was my go-to person for weekends and holidays
>she was the employee with the lowest seniority
Six years perfect service at a call center and lowest seniority? Bull fucking shit.

Congrats on your mod star, germanbro!

I actually respect her for doing it

>inb4 defending some soulless company that don't give a fuck

>MUHHHHHHH BEST EMPLOYEE
>Doesn't even cover her shift for two hours

Top quality managerial skills tho

>Work hard, always on time and never any complaint
>paying way through College while working and taking night classes
>about to graduate
>tell boss that I can't make it on a day off because I'm graduating that day
>says since I've been here the least time he can't do it and I must skip my graduation ceremony and attend this shit nobody wants to do
>but he then lets someone skip work to go to some concert

Yeah, I'd quit too, the guy who wrote this shit is 100% a Kike.

Good for her.

It is precisely because of shit like this why I am grateful to be in a Union.

>student working 6 years at a call center
What the fuck?
>not even senior
What the fuck?

> based on lowest seniority

What a great way to breed resentment

To be honest Sup Forums I think this is bait

>don't quit immediately but give two weeks notice
>deliberately, constantly, fuck up during those two weeks
>what're they going to do, fire her?

i have the same opinion. iif the employer gives time off for a concert, giving time off for a graduation ceremony for the apparently best employee shoudl also be done.

But then she would still miss her graduation. That's the entire point of leaving the company.

How is >oversleeping for two hours not just classified as fucking up?

I recently quit a landscaping job because the boss was a prick and the work conditions where shit.

>Boss wouldn't let us take breaks, if you got caught taking a break longer than a couple of minutes youd get sent home
>Didn't provide water despite claiming to in the job description
>10 hour work days
>Having to climb onto 4 story buildings to prune trees without a harness, complain and he sent you home
>Only 3 other non-mexicans who are on a Visa out of a crew of about 20
>Boss would call you a stupid piece of shit, a failure, insult your mother, if you even fucked up a little

First time I've quit a job without having a job perfectly lined up. I felt bad but after having to go to the ER because I had a heat stroke I said fuck it.

yeah it is

it's the culmination of several tens of thousand of dollars of debt and hard work

that manager's an idiot, if she was 'by far his best worker' then he should have figured something out

Yeah, it reads like it was actually written by the butthurt employee, not the manager.

That said, not letting someone come in two hours later so that she could attend her graduation ceremony is inexcusable no matter how you look at it.

Why not just allow yourself to get fired, then sue for not providing water, which was a violation of the contract in the first place?

is this a fucking joke
>I treat my best employee like shit, wouldnt let her come in a few hours late for a graduation CEREMONY
>on a day for make up work (probably a saturday shift)

this is bait, no way british managers are this incompetent

It's entirely not worth the effort.

Report him to OSHA

He'll get a huge fine and he will most likely lose his business.

Nah, just claim 'constructive discharge'; he basically created an environment which would essentially force you to either a) quit for self-preservation or b) significantly underperform so he could fire you.

There's probably a 'no cure, no pay' attorney that'll see a few easy bucks there.

Mate, it's a British callcenter, so the manager is most likely some cunt in Mumbai.

?

Ehh

This seems likes one of those awkward "I broke up with you, you didn't break up with me" kind of ordeals.

If they really cared you let the only person graduating that day, be LATE. What's going to happen, she gets fired lol. This manager sounds like a mess. No one volunteers? LOW ENERGY. Can't fix a scheduling issue? Let alone a massive fuck up like this one. Your "best employee" quits on you.
Sounds like shittiy managing and not taking your share of the blame.

The graduation ceremony cost far more than any concert ticket could, and not just in tuition fees but in the time and effort it took to reach the stage as well.

Good on the employee, if she is as good a worker as the manger described then it I'll be easy to find a new job.

The manager is a cock bag. If some fucktard manager thinks I'm going to miss MY graduation from college to answer phones for two hours he's a fucking moron

>This manager seems like a complete autist
Welcome to the business world

>How do we teach professionalism to lazy Millennials?
aka
>How do we get our slaves to do shit for free for the company?

>why is my best employee not accepting she is my slave?

>oy vey schlomo the millennial goyim don't want to come in to work for an extra 8 hours for free like the generation x goyim do oy vey whatever shall we do its anudda shoah

The employee was in the right, and if you disagree, I can guarantee you will never, ever sit in an office of your own. She clearly was not respected in this environment and coverage of shifts was not based on merit. She should have, of course, made better friendships with her coworkers, but considering she had a full time job and school at the same time, I'll give her a pass for not socializing. It's an egregious act of disrespect when your employer refuses to grant time off because of seniority, especially if you have been consistent in quality with your work. If you don't stand up for yourself in the workplace, no one will, and the next thing you know I can guarantee you will at some point train someone who will either be your replacement or you will train an outside hire for a promotion you wanted.

If you're a wagecuck who even for a second believes the employer was in the right, here's a tip: your boss thinks you're a retard. Professionalism is really just the language the dumbasses in middle management use to communicate with the sociopaths in charge and the dweebs at the bottom of the food chain. I don't mean professionalism as in not talking about your cock, I mean the phony shit you see when your boss hovers over your shoulder and talks about micromanagement. The sooner you make it clear you don't appreciate being treated like a child or a retard, the more likely you will be treated with dignity (or fired, in which case you dodged a bullet that would have resulted in 30 years of no promotion and no raises and downsized at 50 years of age). This woman made the right decision and I respect her sense of worth immensely.

Its a bullshit ceremony, dude. Who the fuck wants to sit around for hours to get something you can get mailed to you?

She was in the right, and giving overtime based on lowest seniority is ridiculous, it should have been shared equally, another thing is that the culture on that workplace is shitty as hell- at the factory where aI work, people will readily switch shifts for each other because we help each other out, and people can ALWAYS find someone to cover their shift even if it means someone has to take 16 hours in a row, because the next tome, when the situation is reversed, it will go the other way. Scratch my back and I will scratch yours. Must be a horrible workplace culture where you cannot trust your collegues to help you.

Another thing is that the boss should be curteous towards a fucking graduation ceremony, and make sure the shift was covered by someone else, now he lost a good employee because he stuck to an unfair allocation scheme. Idiot

honestly the complete lack of self awareness and inability to take blame makes me think the manager is a woman

What said. Call OSHA on his ass. They will make his life a living hell of "that's more than eight feet off the ground, why isn't he wearing a harness?"

Unless her prick of a boss gives her a bad reference because of
>muh professionalism
To all the places she applies to. He could fuck her over for life if he wanted to, which based on how he treated her I wouldn't put it past him.

>Its a bullshit ceremony, dude
But it's also a historic moment for you

>call center
>6 years
>lowest seniority

ahahaha, no

hahahaha stupid faggot lost a good employee enjoy being stuck with the hands in pockets buddy buddy cumstains

I worked in a pawn shop in college and had to deal with a manager like this.

>was hired for part-time Monday-Friday-Saturday, but she would "hurt her back" or some such bullshit multiple times a week and call me in
>would punish me by giving me more menial work if I told her no
>trained me to do things in inefficient ways, then when I figured out better ways, she would take my idea and say that was how she taught me in the first place
>constantly accused me of doing things I didn't do, then accused me of lying when I denied it
>completely refused to accept advice when something was outside her area of knowledge (mostly electronics)
>left passive-aggressive sticky notes everywhere
>invented new rules literally every week that were either totally pointless, hurt productivity, or contradicted each other
>constantly bitching at me for things like "you aren't removing paper spirals correctly"
>small place with 3 employees, so our job duties are effectively the same, but all she does is play on her tablet all day

Finally quit after she told me to work the entire week of Christmas, with only a few days' notice.

Never, ever accept a job where your manager is a middle-aged woman without a degree.

>Working extra hours for multinational companies for no monetary compensation
>ACTUALLY WORKING FOR FREE

Have you been suddenly hit with the thought that the NEET's might be onto something

Opposite time:
>work in a small retail company, but still big enough to have a few locations and an HR department
>HR is UTTER GARBAGE. nothing gets done. pay is always fucked up, to the point where an employee (not me) almost got kicked out of the house he rented because HR didn't pay him for THREE MONTHS. complaints never go through, suggestions box is a running joke, manager molests counter chick and nothing ever gets done about it even though she has filed with the fucking police
>who could possibly be behind this clusterfuck?
>finally, the day comes
>HR is coming out to do training and check our safety compliance
>HR is actually a single person, a 200 kilogram hamplanet visible from Mars who wheezes her way through the sliding doors and oozes across the floor towards us
>her voice is the death of laughter
>her scent is the rape of belgium
>anyway, we sit through the training and OH&S assessment, it's totally ineffectual and takes half the day though we only budgeted for an hour and a half, and she finally fucks off
>this continues for a year and a half
>then, one day, i notice something
>HR hasn't fucked up in at least a week
>i check my bank account
>i actually got paid
>w u t
>talk to the store manager
>"we have a new HR staffer"
Turns out the hamplanet got caught vibing her vagoo while stuffing her face with cake on a two and a half hour lunchbreak. No joke. Apparently there's security camera footage. Anyway, our current HR staffer is a man, and nothing has gone wrong majorly in the four months we've had him

Student and part time worker. Go fuck yourself Mohammed.

>her scent is the rape of Belgium