The Fall of New 52 Superman

How is that so many good writers managed to fuck up Superman?
>Grant Morrison turned Superman into a Golder Bully and had him murder Brainiac and had his parents killed by fifth dimensional beings (inb4 it was ironic! It was a metaphor! It was still edgy and drove away fans like Linkara).
>Geoff Johns had Superman literally destroy an ENTIRE WORLD (seriously, did Johns think we would love Supes doing this?), made him get with the bloodthirsty Wonder Woman instead of Lois, and turned him "evil" (because we haven't had enough evil Superman stories).
>Pak had Clark's parents dug up by an Lovecraftian being, punch a cop, buzzcut his hair and ride a motorcycle
>not to mention all the hatred for LoisXClark

Their damage was so bad that they had to bring in the REAL Superman. And now Nu52 Superman is not only dead/depowered but it turns out that he was never actually Superman. Leaks say he's actually Superboy Prime. These writers managed to fuck up Superman so bad that he had to be retconned as a fake.

Say what you will about Marvel but you don't see them pulling this with Spider-Man or Kitty Pryde. Just sayin

Kill yourself.

I still can't believe Geoff Johns believed this was a good idea. It's like he saw Man of Steel and said "A whole city destroyed? I can do more!".

You had me until
>Say what you will about Marvel

There was nothing wrong with Superbro. The problem wasn't the comics, it was the autism of the fans.

Ow, the edge! Shouldn't you be elsewhere listening to linkin park, familia?

>murdered brainiac

I mean he just trashed one of his bodies, brainiac was fine

>dead Kents
>edgy

They died off panel. Don't really see how that's edgy and it gave the conflict with Vyndtvx real weight.

Did Linkara really hate Grant's run? That guy has such shit taste

>bully
shitposter-kun please

It's because they made the same problem writers always make when they try to update Superman. They "humanized" him by focusing on humanity's flaws and weaknesses rather than its strengths.

>Their damage was so bad that they had to bring in the REAL Superman.
>Say what you will about Marvel but you don't see them pulling this with Spider-Man

You realize that's basically exactly what happened during the Clone Saga, right?

As to fucking up Superman... honestly, I think DC just collectively went off the deep end for a year or two with the New 52. There were some good comics, sure, but there was also a baffling number of comics that looked like they came right out of the 90s.

>falling for the obvious bait
Off yourselves. Every single one of you.

>ow the edge

look at him being edgy and shit

Making a huge deal about the new Superman being edgier (this was something constantly referenced in comics like Justice League, Batman/Superman and Action Comics), killing the Kents, keeping Clark and Lois separate and shipping Superman with Wonder Woman was one of the biggest mistakes.

It just turned a lot of people off.

They should have got Kurt Busiek to do Action Comics instead of Grant Morrison. He wouldn't make Clark edgy.

He could have arrested him. He didnt have to throw his spaceship into his throat like the Punisher.
He also tortured a mob boss, took pleasure in destroying Nazi's stuff, and heated up law enforcement weapons until it burnt their hands.

THIS
H
I
S
It's okay to humanize Superman. They just picked the worst aspects.

It's not bait if it's True.
Why do you think we finally have the REAL Superman now? Because they made Nu52 Superman too edgy and now he's no longer Superman.

>drove away fans like Linkara
is this a bad thing?

>REAL Superman
Reminder that this Superman was the same Superman that was in grounded. You really have no right to criticize Superbro of being edgy.

I bet Geoff Johns had more planned with that.

But Geoff Johns being Geoff Johns, he left before he could do any of it.

His Justice League was full of Dropped Plotlines.

the REAL superman is golden age Superman who wasn't a saint. plus new 52 Superman never tortured anyone you guys just went not muh the first 5 pages then shitposted and spread mis-information

I don't know about edgy, but this page is incredibly stupid. It makes some silver age pages look dignified and smart.

That's not the real Superman. Even his creators admitted they didn't perfect him yet.

Just like how Golden Age murderer Batman isn't the real Batman.

People prefer Superman to SAVE people, NOT hurt people.

*Mic Drop*

>t-that doesn't count because i say so
yeah look at new 52 superman crushing this poor boy to death

He just saved the kid because he wanted his stolen cape back.

>*Mic Drop*
Faggiest thing I've read all day. Good job.

It's a giant robot who's shrinking planets. I'm glad you're not superman, you'd let Brainiac walk all over it.

>why didn't he just try talking to doomsday about his feelings?

Performing surgery without a medical license is serious business. This is malpractice of the highest order.

now I know your baiting

arrest him then

>retconned golden age shit is the gospel

He's been a saintly hero for a lot longer than he was a pulpy vigilante.

He just saved Krypton because the dog is kryptonian and has his genes. You can see that after that he never interacted again with the dog, keeping him imprisoned in the Fortress.

>He also tortured a mob boss, took pleasure in destroying Nazi's stuff, and heated up law enforcement weapons until it burnt their hands
And then there's Man of Steel in theaters making this a more appealing direction for the character.

that never happened read comics before parroting stupid shit

Don't respond to trolls user

and so was new 52 superman

>Leaks say he's actually Superboy Prime
Source?

posting legit evidence
>lel just a troll because i have no legit response

It happened in Morrison's Action Comics. Granted he later had Clark feels bad (which made it all okay?). But it was too little too late.

Have YOU read comics before responding to shit? Because all that did happen in the nu52 and people were upset and then MOS came out and people switched and said in comparison that'd rather have a origin story like the nu52 then what they got in the film. You need to read fucking comics.

where's you proof bro you keep spouting EDGY EDGY EDGY without any proof

There's ALWAYS another way. No matter what. Killing is NEVER justifiable.

You would think Morrison would know that since he wrote All-Star Supes.

But I guess he's just a one-hit wonder when it comes to Superman (maybe he didnt even write All-Star and it was ghost written by someone else?).

He drove away LINKARA?! THOSE MONSTERS!

What is OP's vision of a true Superman story?

But superman didn't kill brainiac

You don't see Marvel having Kamala Kahn being edgy and Marvel retconing her to be a fake.

Heck, Kamala Kahn is better (and more comfy) than everything Nu52 Supes. DC should have had Wilsom write Superman instead of hacks like Morrison and Johns.

Shut up Hal

>Say what you will about Marvel but you don't see them pulling this with Spider-Man
This bait couldn't have been any more obvious. But then again Sup Forums is mostly retarded.

This really helps reaffirm a lot of things related to comics, anonymous posting, and Sup Forums.

The first Christopher Reeve Superman movie and Superman Returns.

Shut up waifutard

>It just turned a lot of people off.

Comc books fans do not accept change. They always have to have comics be just like they were when they were kids. That's why OMD and shit like that happened. Now the pre-OMD spider guys are longing for a status quo from 10 years ago and eventually they'll get their way and the guys reading comics now will be the ones pouting. This isn't quite that level of retarded, of course, but it's part of the overall pattern.

Superbro was "not muh" cause he didn't pine over Lois and shit like that.

Look at all comic book fandoms and you'll see the same autism play out time and time again. Not hugbox funny autism, literal evidence of actual autism on a grand scale. If you can't hear the guys who've been mad at superbro for the last few months making REEEEEEE noises, you lack imagination. Now that "real superman" is back watch him do the exact same sorts of shit that Superbro got called out for and get ready to not hear anything about it. At the end of the day he's kissing lois and that's worth all the hug boxes in the world.

Like I said the first time, Brainiac was fine. He did not die. Superman did not kill him and since he was a robot I can't imagine that Clark thought killing him was even an option. He shut him off.

Plus he saved the whole fucking world in the process

>Superman Returns
I hope you kill yourself.

It's True. Even Gwenpool is better than Morrison's Action Comics and Johns's Superman runs.

Superman sure is channeling Hal/Parallax there.

>How is that so many good writers managed to fuck up Superman
I believed Pak's run was going to surpass Morrison's ASS if they'd didn't force him to do that fucking Doomed crossover. On Pak's Tumblr he'd comment on the type of hero Superman was and everyone could just feel something great was here and brewing. We got a Superman who ignored Batman, helped Power girl with her power surge and gave her a high five and people were blowing up Pak's Tumblr about how they loved that moment. We got the Subterranean arc which was awesome and then Doomed turned all potential and momentum Pak had into shit.

i'm still waiting on the proof that he's edgy

I agree that Gwenpool is better so far than John's Superman run. Gwenpool is a solid book

Waifutard please

>linkara said this, linkara said that

Who gives a shit

He could of found another way. Superman killing cybernetic beings with his ship from when he was a baby isnt cool or fun.

so edgy

>not caring about what Based Linkara has to say

Linkara

It's just a sticking point for you I guess. My point would be that the comic plays it like Supes defeating a monster, not Supes cracking Zod's neck. Trashing Brainiacs body is pretty standard, so maybe this is just coming from a lack of awareness about the characters.

I thinks vol 1 of action comics would have been the perfect superman movie to kick off the DCEU

Nah, son.It's edgy that he didn't sit outside Lois's window jerkin his gerkin while she was banging other dudes. OTP and all that.

Mmm nummy bait

>took pleasure in destroying Nazi's stuff
And then felt bad about it afterwards.

You would think he'd point the gun at his hostage instead

and still not one shred of proof that he's edgy

I chalk that up to him not thinking clearly surrounded by cops that would blow hole into you if the hostage was killed then all of a sudden Superman

Smartest move they could do with Pre New 52 Superman is to say that he and New 52 Lois are the resurrected Earth-2 Superman and Lois that died back in Infinite Crisis and were buried on Earth.

Whoops, fucked up, didn't mean to say Pre New 52 Superman, I meant to say New 52 Superman.

>Linkara
>based
this b8 is too good

You do realize the irony of this post right? You're calling out comic fans for not accepting change by being angry that they changed from 'Superbro' back to pre-52 Superman.

Otherwise I agree.

It's more reversion than change. Change would be moving on to something new, like superlex

I'm responding to the criticisms that superman is "flawed" because he's not doing the things he used to do. If you didn't hear that, well you weren't listening.

I also plainly stated that in the OMD case that the current fans of the status quo will be the ones bitching if they did anything to appease the pre OMD guys.

The autism never stops

Er, I meant that if you didn't hear the complaints about him being "not muh". My reply could be taken another way

I think in most cases I'd rather see a new take on the same old character than see the same old stories told over and over again

Ironically, every new take on Superman seems to end up involving the same old characters telling the same old stories over and over again

>that make it's okay
Let me guess, Man of Murder blowing up Metropolis is okay because he felt bad?

If I raped your mother right in front of you, then had a flashback where by stepdad told me that rape was bad, does that make the rape okay?

Exactly.

Where the fuck did it say he was Superboy Prime?

So you read everything then

Someone leaked it on Sup Forums in a thread. Also leaked Red Dawn.

This. I loved both Supermen and people on Sup Forums severely exaggerate Nu52 Supes flaws.
Of course he wasn't the same as Superdad, this one's younger, more inexperienced and more brash but still is the Superman that just wants to stand for the little guy and never thinks of himself as better than others just because of who he is .
Superbro was a perfectly fine Superman and I get beyond mad when retards call him edgy

Blame Normies and the comic book journalists. They hate hated Superbro more than the one on Sup Forums and have more influerence. They hated everything about Nu52 Supeman. They especially hated Pak's Truth Superman and acted like DC was turning Superman into a wife-beater.
Even Rebirth Superman is getting shit on by journalists.
Superman just can't catch a break

>drove away fans like Linkara
This is a good thing, autistic fans are fucking awful and impossible to please, as seen by you not enjoying Morrison's run
>HURR BULLY
Fucking casual that has never read original Action Comics stuff

>REAL Superman
Lol no casual, this is some retconned faggot who can fly and shoot lasers from his eyes. Not muh REAL ORIGINAL Supes

t-that doesn't count because i said so

>If I raped your mother right in front of you
Why do people always resort to raping, torturing the wives, mother's, sisters, aunts of psychopaths who don't feel empathy? It's not like it'll teach them a lesson, you just ruin the lives of the women they're related to. If anything rape that dude to show them how it feels

They can't imagine that women have emotions, they have to ask how a man feels about (horrible thing happening) to a woman they care about. It's got levels of sad when you think about it.

You didn't answer my question. If I taped your mother (or other loved one) in front of you. Then after remember that my Stepdad told me that rape was bad. And I remeber and feel bad. Does that make the rape okay hmmmm?

Exactly

Grant's run was only hampered by rushed, shitty art. His actual story was excellent.

Its simple.
>Nerds dont like change
also
>Nerds find status quo boring
therefore
> Superfags are so fucking jaded they wont let Superman be relevant ever again

>It was still edgy and drove away fans like Linkara
I stopped reading here. If you give a single shit about opinions of pseudo-celebs like this, you are worthless.

I prefer to think that New52 Supes is Earth-2 Pre-crisis Supes. And new52 Lois is either. And I like theory that de-powered Clark is him or Superboy-Prime who trying to hide.