I've talked to people... You... We always worry a little about you... Because we regard you as the top of the heap...

I've talked to people... You... We always worry a little about you... Because we regard you as the top of the heap, the best of the best, the funniest of the funny. The guy who has it in every fiber of his being. It's the real thing

>Norm's face and awkward silence for a few seconds as he collects his emotions then throws a joke to deflect

I didn't expect these feels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VaXlQOzPHK8
youtu.be/mFjEvl43zYY
youtube.com/watch?v=MEAb2yY3IDY
youtube.com/watch?v=bHMe1bQol6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>sempai
It's spelled "senpai."

Norm Should've taken over late late and Craig should've taken over late show.
Now it's nothing but unfunny political "humour".
Even conan is garbage now, and he was always the GOAT.

Fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=VaXlQOzPHK8

Who watches late shows anyway? He's better off doing his little podcast with his friends and complete freedom.

This episode was a pleb filter

>Norm also envisions the possibility of hosting Late Night
>Norm realizes the missed opportunity
>Norm also realizes he is receiving high praise from one of the industry greats
>He finally received the gratification and validation he had pined for
>So many thoughts to handle

i fucking hate this expression.
sometimes an X filter will let X through.
for example a water filter

Conans still a funny guy, but his show is bad. Norm doesn't have the energy or presence to host a late night show, he's best at this: little quiet interviews with silly jokes peppered in

I think you have caught the autism

What was with all the ridiculous closeups?

I dunno, the sports show was fucking hilarious minus the Kyle parts. He could just do the sports show and add guests.
That new Weekend update show should be hosted by Norm, and not those two unfunny faggots

see

I want a late show with Jerry Seinfeld

I watched the Mike Tyson interview early cos I have Amazon Prime or something, anyone else see it?

He tried to get him to say nigger it was the fucking funniest thing

What's the time stamp for this scene?

last five minutes of the podcast

Thank you

Conan's garbage because of TV. It's like they have to hit a checklist of TV bullshit. Whenever he's off the stage in another town or doing a skit in his office, his show is the best.

They've been talking about how they might even change his show altogether and sprinkle more Conan across the internet and network and shit. Part of a change they want to bring to TBS to keep things relevant.

>tfw to smart for memes

Give me a timestamp please.

a debris filter filters out debris

The expression "pleb filter" as something that filters out plebs is perfectly fine, no reasonable person would interpret the phrase as meaning it purifies the plebs or only allows plebs to pass through the filter

But ironically enough, saying pleb filter is the ultimate pleb filter, in that unironically saying shit like pleb filter is something exclusively done by plebs.

Is something off about the fps in this webm? I don't remember the cgi being this obviously shit.

It was shit. I remember my grandma gasping and me and my dad laughing at how cartoonish it looked and how fucking silly that was happening at the beginning of the movie

"m" and "n" in this context are actually pretty interchangeable.

It was the 90s user it was shit.

This. Thank you for correcting that baka motherfucker

I've seen people use pleb filter in this fashion. They were probably plebes.

I always felt like norm brushes off these esteemed compliments in the wrong way. Although I also understand Letterman is the gushiest host personality out there, so when he says this I wonder if he truly feels that way because he will shower you with compliments.

Are you calling David Letterman of Indiana a liar?

Late night TV is dead. We just have to accept it. David is happily retired, Craig does his radio show on SiriusXM now, and Norm has his online talk show. Everybody's happy, and still we're still getting content.

what was this movie about again? brad pitt is satan... or?

Oh, I didn't even know that was out yet. Thank you senpai.

>not including Jay Leno's Garage
Millennial scum

he's a holocaust denier

wtf I love Dave now

Jerry is too problematic
He would get canned for joking about trannies

a coffee filter blocks the grounds but lets the coffee through
an air filter blocks particles and allows air throught
shall I continue describing how dumb you are?

A FUCKING LEAF

a leaf filter lets the leaves through

Norms just so fucking slow and lethargic now, i dont know if he even has sports show energy anymore. I know super deadpan is his shtick but he seems like the years of drug abuse or whatever are affecting him physically

Norm MacDonald's humor would bomb on a standard late show every night. He'd have to tone it way down and his anti-jokes would go over the head of the old people who watch them.

Too bad this site doesn't have a goddamn moron filter

Actually the sluggishness and delay of the body in the air is a lot more realistic than most scenes like this

This post is not kino.

pretty well known he's addicted to xanax

55:43

What's with the extreme close-ups?

Where does the director of photography get his ideas from?

>That appearance he made on The View without his xanax
It was so hard to watch, Norm became incredibly shy. And the host clearly knew he was uncomfortable without his medication. He also went on a tangent about the merit of obedience that was too /lit/ for the audience.

youtu.be/mFjEvl43zYY

Cross on the green
Not in between

How though? I've found that it's a very accurate thing. It's not like you have to stay pleb forever though, but for example in fitness if a person insists that muscles turn into fat or that olive oil will spot reduce their fat you stop talking to them about fitness, same with movies.

It's a subtle homage to the Tom Snyder show. The tight close-ups were a common feature there, and it's the show Letterman took over.

>It's real

Fuck

Also at end, Letterman gets serious again

>I would only do this for you
>honestly, I would only do this for you

It's pretty great and a bit sad for some reason.

He did do the top ten but during editing Norm decided to cut it because he regretted making him do something he didn't wanna do

So it wasnt originally going to be cutting it at the end as a joke?

how about a pleb litmus test then

Because David chose Norm as his successor like Carson chose David. Watch the interviews that Norm does after he gets fired from SNL on Late Show and you can see that Letterman saw something in him. Norm just didn't have enough ego and got in his own way with his immense gambling debts.

Yeah I remember letterman saying back when he hosted, as soon as he heard they fired norm, he told norm he was welcome on the show as a weekly comic. No hesitation at all.

It must have been incredible for Norm to have his idol recognize him like that.

Few men have felt that specific feeling.

a litmus test doesn't test for litmus, now does it?

cosby cock

>Because David chose Norm as his successor like Carson chose David
Man the pressure for Norm must have been intense and even if he did it on purpose and on his own terms somewhere he must feel like he let Letterman down.

Shit episode. Why was Norm such a beta throughout? Is his health failing or something?

when will bill be a guest?

He drinks nothing but coca cola. So yes.

It's too bad Dave was phoning it in for the past 10 years.

Peak Letterman was the best late night had ever been. Everyone else is living in his shadow - even wacky Conan.

youtube.com/watch?v=MEAb2yY3IDY

You weren't kidding, holy shit.

>IS THAT COMEDY? IS THAT FUNNY?

There really is nothing funnier when people get angry at a joke.

>Whenever he's off the stage in another town or doing a skit in his office, his show is the best.
used to be. he just phones it in now. I don't know if he lost it or just doesn't care but he ain't funny anymore and he comes across as a bitter cunt

>2004
>peak letterman

Saw Norm just this night at the San Jose improv. He did alright, funnier than his openers. Drank a lot of redbulls though. It was late sure, but he's a comic he should be on a different schedule. I don't know if it's age or what, but he sure was slower in his delivery.

why did letterman not want to go anywhere near the dirty jokes? he's retired
i would've thought that would mean he could say whatever he wanted now

There comes a point where you're a comedian and dirty jokes become passe and boring because they're easy.

This is exactly how it would fucking go.

youtube.com/watch?v=bHMe1bQol6Q

gold

rollercoaster of an episode

i just want one hot ass

wrong!

also i dont think most celebs are smart enough to understand norms humor. alot of comedians like him because they "get" what hes doing.

This is like saying 'gas mask' instead of 'protective mask'. It's a layman's expression. Anyone who knew water filtration would ask 'what does it filter' or 'what kind of filter'.

fuck man i have never seen norm get actually emotional before.

The way Norm awkwardly tries to move on when Dave is complimenting him, is the exact same thing Dave would do on his own show, especially near the end when every guest would go on about what Dave meant to them.

norm doesn't do anti-jokes he's not a hack
and he's not like some impenetrable comedic force, I think the majority of people can understand his humour

>I think the majority of people can understand his humour
Nah
Norm is an underground comic's comic who only a select few can "get"

Even in old age, major networks couldn't handle him

Is every episode this season recorded in a different studio? Jayzzus Chroist.

This. I dropped TV talk shows when I got into Howard Stern, and then I transitioned from Howard to podcasts after Artie left the show. Talk shows are a dinosaur of old media that is swiftly slipping into irrelevance.

>for example a water filter
Speaking of water filters
INFOWARS DOT COM

>Hey Regis, it's your friend Dave! How you doin'?
>Again?

holy fuck i can't breathe

i heard they had to find a location with an industrial strength filtration system for the sarah silverman interview so norm could tolerate the diarrhea smell

Dave's nostrils made a good point

What time does he say this?

before or during the jokes near the end

I think it was during the jokes portion of the show, since Norm went to a joke after Dave said it

Letterman and Seinfeld were shot almost a year ago, I think he tried to shop the show to Netflix so that's why it looks a bit more professional.

Why am I finding this episode so hilarious?