Hack Snyder doesn't know basic technical filmmaking skills

youtube.com/watch?v=oNj4UjzbHkQ

youtube.com/watch?v=G3CYN7_Aa7E

Jesus fuck. THIS is what this board worships? Literally worse than Power Rangers tier garbage, and I'm talking about the old shitty show.

I mean I respect an artist that can try to go against the grain and make his own vision, sure. I liked Man of Steel for all it tried to do. But this thread is about the abortion-tier lack of basic technical filmmaking skill on display in Watchmen.

DON'T DEFEND SNYDER BY SHITTING ON MARVEL. I don't give a fuck about Marvel. It can go to hell and rot there for all eternity.

I'm talking about the horrid, shitty TV soap opera tier vfx that sound like they were desperately added to somehow make the scene feel interesting and not flat or stale as fuck when they realized the footage they ended up with and the editing they did just looks so goddamn trash, artless, and uninspired.

Maybe this film was meddled with, but it just reeks like something suffering from a distinct LACK of vision. Snyder keeps talking about how he cares about sticking to the original panels, but somehow this entire sequence feels like it was in desperate need of storyboarding.

This entire scene is frustratingly bad. And I'm not even going into the characterizations and thematic choices that Snyder made. Just on a technical level, this is trash filmmaking.

go to bed alan moore. your snake god isnt real

i'm actually watching this now, so your thread caught my eye
> says it's shit
> doesn't give a single concrete reason for why it's shit
I also think it's shit but at least I can justify my reasoning

>Snyder doesn't restrict himself to cookie cutter generic techniques
>pleb get angry

>HUR DUR ITS BAD SO BAD
>doesnt give reasons why
>ITS JUST BAD ON A TECHNICAL LEVEL GAWD
>doesnt give examples at all
OP is a pretentious faggot

>WAAAAA I WENT TO FILM SCHOOL FOR TEN YEARS AND NOW IM AN EXPERT

I'm sorry you wasted 100,000 and your entire life user

>>Snyder doesn't restrict himself to cookie cutter generic techniques
Top fucking kek. I'm not OP but Snyder doesn't restrict himself from anything. His movies are so full of plotholes and devoid of life.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough - this is filmed and scored in a manner that's sickeningly similar to shitty kids shows. The sound effects in the fight video are especially garbage. They're mixed poorly, and more importantly, they're clearly laid over each edit to make the scene feel "exciting". It feels like a shitty Korean or Indian drama, and is a cheap technique meant to fool the audience into thinking something interesting is happening. To the second poster I've tagged, this is the DEFINITION of cookie cutter generic techniques.

Fucking cunt I linked two videos and talked about the soap opera tier sound mixing as well as the shit editing.

Jesus fucking Christ this is why this board is cancer. Not because people worship Snyder. But because of retards like you that exist to do nothing more than spend your summer vacation shitposting in threads instead of arguing like a fucking man with a brain. At least post one solid counterexample you fuck.

trips don't lie

You just compared Watchmen with Power Rangers? You're dumb as fuck. You wouldn't know kino if it was right in front of you.

>Jesus fucking Christ this is why this board is cancer. Not because people worship Snyder. But because of retards like you that exist to do nothing more than spend your summer vacation shitposting in threads instead of arguing like a fucking man with a brain. At least post one solid counterexample you fuck.

IM HERE YEAR ROUND BABY. Snyder give you aids faggot

I'm disappointed in you, OP. I'm very disappointed. Learning how to respond to bait was the first trick I learned. It didn't upset an innocent user. Did you really think it'd upset me?

I have lurked across every board. I have witnessed gets so brief and so many they could hardly be said to have been gotten at all. But you, OP, are just a fag. The internet's most unoriginal fag poses no more threat to me than does its most unoriginal memes.

>like a fucking man with a brain
Kek. I'll start doing that when you stop crying like a bitch with a cunt

Listen fucker, you can compare both of them and say one is substantially better or worse. The sound mixing is fucking garbage. So yes, it IS as bad as power rangers. If you have examples of God-tier kino-level sound mixing in the film, find a fucking link and post it here. But I bet all you remember is the opening song montage and nothing else, you brainlet. These two scenes. at the very least, are no better than TV show tier. If you disagree, prove why you're right, or fuck right off.

Post your top 20 of all time you low cineIQ Sup Forumsedditor

KEK.
OP BTFO

Of course he's a hack, no one actually likes him here, it's a meme.

I can't disagree with that last part.

>listen fucker

God, you can always tell when the guy on the other side is a little fucking bitch
>waaaa listen fucker waaaa
Grow the fuck up

>You wouldn't know kino if it was right in front of you
>Kino
>German word for a cinema

Wasn't it established that IQlets hated BvS and Snyder because they had a subpar IQ score?

Shitskins and videogame players that pretend they're Sup Forums do

I ain't even mad at least this guy had something moderately funny to say. Most of the other anons posting here are fucking mouth breathers. Not a single decent argument or example as to why this film has good scoring and editing.

Man, even if it were, I just wish there'd be actual decent discussion on this board fucking ONCE in awhile. Any unique threads that I do see come up get pruned immediately. And unless it's about capeshit or something equally meme-tier, there won't be more than five replies.

>Actually being this new

What an appalling piece of shit. Snyder needs to:
A: Stop Directing or
B: Spend more time figuring out how to translate the book's characters and ideas to the big screen, not just copy nearly every single image and line of dialogue verbatim.

This guy clearly is completely incapable of directing 2 actors standing in a room talking to each other. Basically every single scene in this film is mis-directed; the violence and the sex scene were all gratuitous without understanding why they were. Everything is shot with these plain, lingering middle distance shots which snyder basically uses indiscriminately, cluelessly and exclusively when there's nothing else going on worth shooting in slow motion.

It's less that he's made a lot of bad choices than that he simply is at a loss as to how to direct anything other than a copy-pasted image from the book. He just stuck it all in front of the camera and hoped it would all work out alright. I lost count of the number of visual and verbal ideas that were directly transposed from the original but just didn't work cinematically whatsoever. So many hammy lines, awkward set pieces and sets/costumes that just looked ridiculous.

And the ending didn't work at all. Moore's ending was one of the best things about the original. The Film's ending doesn't even make any practical sense.

I could go easy on the film for its impressive visuals but fuck it, visuals can't redeem a film this bad and i thought most of the film was an eye-sore anyway. Too many computer-tweaked garish colours and indistinguishably badly lit shots. The audio was awful too. Maybe when snyder learns how to be a director he can rely on more credible Cinematic techniques than simply punctuating his action scenes with huge dynamic range.

Also worth mentioning how awful Malin Akerman was. I felt most of the bad performances were down to Snyder's incompetence but i suspect no-one would be able to get a good performance out of her anyway.

2/10

Lol I'm going to chop this chum up, thank you

>MUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SQUID
Go to bed, Moore

Snyder literally has one good movie under his belt
Good:
Dawn of the Dead
Meh:
Watchmen
Man of Steel
Guardians
Shit:
BvS
Suckerpunch

Finally, someone who isn't a braindead 3edgy5me retard.

based opinion

Ahhhh so he's a Sup Forums faggot. This explains everything. This guy isn't upset about some technical Stuff. HES UPSET ABOUT LE STORY ISNT EXACTLY THE SAME AS MY GROWN UP COMICS

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAH

Hehehe

This, it's so good some common sense has returned

>20 minutes and nothing
Cowardly fucking pleb
No surprise as the child of Sup Forums even tried to use "You wouldn't know kino if it was right in front of you." to pretend he is a tastemaker

Ha ha yeah and I bet he's not so good with women

The absolute state of Dumb Cunts. Bad as nintendrones I swear

Looks fine to me.

watchmen was good, literally the only good capeshit movie ever. snyder is dogshit but this movie is unironically great, so is the book. is it the greatest movie ever? no, but no one is saying it is. you obviously just have an agenda.

He's a D.C. fan who isn't bright enough to realize that the only people who aren't pretending to like super hero movies are him and his fellow Dumb Cunts

I like you user.

This board is now overrun with capeshitters, your words will fall upon deaf ears.
Correct
>I could go easy on the film for its impressive visuals but fuck it, visuals can't redeem a film.
This. Watchmen is not the Avatar, it wasn't using or pushing new technological advancements in visual effects.

OP has convinced me to rewatch this. Thanks.

You're still a faggot, though.

the only times snyder is capable of appearing competent is when he has comic panels to knock off. The scenes in question were not in the comic, so they were entirely original.

See suckerpunch for examples of what happens when snyder has to be 100% original.

You think?

How is it possible that you haven't seen that airplane scene from dark knight? It's been posted here a million times, it's one of the most ridiculous scenes in film history

The whole thing was an unintentional joke. The movie itself was a visual sleep aid. A travesty

Nolan is an absolute charlatan

Op is very stupid and takes himself very seriously.

whew.. I thought my next reply was going to be someone calling me out on confusing Snyder with Nolan

I'm not the one that saves pics of a manlet pumping iron you faggot

If you legitimately liked Watchemn you're lower than dogshit.

>all these hack synder fanbois coming out of the woodworks
>overcompensatingmanlet.jpg

>D c getting triggered by a manlet

Looks and sounds pretty good.
Don't know what's got your panties in a bunch, OP.

I'm sick of there being no worthwhile threads and everything being brainless shitposting. I have no doubt that a thread about an actual, worthwhile film would get pruned the second I posted it, so I figured I'd meet this board halfway and do one about capeshit, but without the shitposting and b8ing. I don't take myself too seriously, it's just annoying to see almost any halfway decent or interesting threads get deleted left right and center while memes capeshit and GoT reign supreme p much 100% of the time.

It's not your fault, you just aren't very smart. Smarter than some? Sure. But that's just made you all the more confident.

The film adaptation of Watchmen was made for brain dead weed addict 12 year olds that think they're smart for watching South Park.

Exactly

Excellent use of space in this post.

Hopefully when Zack Snyder is doing press tours for Justice League somebody in the crowd will reunite him with his dead daughter. It would be extra funny if the guy reuniting the Snyder family was dressed as Frank Castle.

Why are Snyder haters literally mentally ill? This is downright disturbing.

Why the fuck are people on this board so insecure? Jesus who even brought up artistic opr intellectual superiority? I'm just saying it's shit that almost 100% of threads are about meme tier trash. I don't want whack pretentious threads about the influence of Julie Taymor's Broadway work on set design in modern films. I just wish not every thread was the same. How does that make you feel like I'm challenging your intellect? Why are you so insecure?

I thought it was pretty entertaining. I especially liked the cast. Sue me.

Yeah reddirt? You know what else is disturbing? Adults that are THIS invested in the Dumb Cunt universe

Would you say that that also happens to be a fitting description of the general makeup of this board?

Malin Akerman? Seriously? I mean Billy Crudup and Patrick Wilson I get. JEH is actually good in some scenes. But the entire cast? Please user try a little at least.

I doubt you're an adult.

If you are, then I pity you even more.

Nobody is as invested in this shitflinging borderline mentally ill campaign as you are.

THIS SO MUCH
I'm glad that good film making has finally come back with the Emoji movie. It's been disappointment after disappointment for years.

>Why the fuck are people on this board so insecure?
No need to pretend you aren't here all the time. Can't be that much better than the shit if you're down in it. In fact it almost sounds like you're the insecure one.

No, not at all.

Believe in yourself!

Oh, oh why yes I would op. You are oh so clever aren't you. Really putting it in our mouths this time

Do it.

Alright, gentlemen, time for a blog post:

I used to be a huge Snyder fanboy (what can I say, we were all teenagers at some point, I guess), until I watched Sucker Punch. I loved 300, Dawn of the Dead, and even the 3-and-half hour cut of Watchmen (although I liked the original ending better), so I was pretty excited to see what he could do on his own. What I saw was a disjointed mess of generic action sequences and a nonsensical plot that was shallow and edgy for no discernible reason. ut, OK, maybe he was just not at his best, I thought, let's see how he does with Superman. Man of Steel was one of the few movies I left the theatre angry about (that and Nicolas Cage's Next). Nothing had any reason or purpose. It was all mindless action shots and blatant symbolism. I was particularly annoyed by the Daily Planet crew getting all the focus. Without relying on the existing canon, why should I care about these people? I swore to never again watch a Zack Snyder movie, and have not done so ever since. Did not see Batman v Superman or rewatched anything he did before. Have no interest in Justice League.

Tell that to Zodds snapped neck you neckbeard

OP btfo

you sound like every "proud of being born and raised in Southie" character in every Affleck movie that thinks it's their ordained duty to shoulder check anyone who suggests their neighborhood isn't the fucking hamptons.

>calls someone a neckbeard
>uses ctachphrase of biggest fucking neckbeard on YT

Good job at taking a single line from a whole post and trying to make it all about it.
And yes, the movie's ending makes no sense thematically, nor plot-wise.

neck yourself plebeian

>HOW DARE HE NOT MAKE A COMPLETELY FORMULAIC AND TRADITIONAL FILM COMPOSED OF COMMON PRACTICES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>At least post one solid counterexample you fuck.

That would require you to give a solid example in the first place, dickhead.

>If you disagree, prove why you're right, or fuck right off.

How about you prove why you're right?

HE DID MAKE A BULLSHIT RUN-OF-THE-MILL FILM YOU FAGGOT. THERE IS NOTHING INSPIRED OR INNOVATIVE ABOUT THE TECHNIQUE IN THIS PIECE OF SHIT YOU FAGGOTS CALL A FILM. IT'S RELIANT UPON THE MOST BASE COMMON PRACTICES IN FUCKING TELEVISION TO FAKE ANY SENSE OF TENSION OR DRAMA. KYS.

Faggot I literally posted a long fight scene and a shorter clip that demonstrated the issues with sound mixing and shitty editing that I mentioned. How badly do you need to be spoonfed even more than that you fucking baby?

I hope Snyder can pull some strings and get JEH a role in a Batman or Flash film. Hopefully The Dark Tower doesn't JUST his career.

There's still a lot to enjoy, but gotta say that the wirework is painfully obvious and the hand to hand combat is way too over-choreographed. But what really caught my eye, was that prop chair that completely fell into pieces in slow motion. That was the worst thing for me personally.

What's he playing in TDT? God I hate most of the Stephen King novels I do know. Really hope they don't start a rush to adapt more of his shit. Fucking weirdo.

the whole point of education is to take what you've learned and put it into practice.

Zack has put what he knows into practice and is highly successful, i doubt he needs some armchair intellectual to tell him how to make films.

Agreed user. It's all hokey as shit. Which sucks, because it absolutely fails to capture the grandeur of the story moment. And it's a pretty big fucking story moment. Literally one of the most popular ones, if not the single most popular one, in any graphic novel.

holy fucking shit OP btfo

I don't know. Some rat-man character. Only King I know is Night Shift, Skeleton Crew, and IT.

your thread wasn't interesting, this is the definition of shitposting.

>DUDE HE CANT MAKE A FILM FOR SHIT LOL, I KNOW THESE THINGS BUT WONT GO INTO DETAIL AT ALL

>DON'T MENTION MARVEL LELE WINK WINK

you have to go back

Directorial success isn't measured by how many edgy teenagers are memeing about you.
And for the last time, this isn't about anything intellectual. I am not scrutinizing his artistic choices (or fucking lack thereof). I talked about how his film is a technical piece of shit for something made on that scale.

Just stop. What's disappointing is that no faggot has even bothered to try and discuss 300 or even Dawn of the Dead as films that at least were technically sound. The obsession with pseudointellectualism on this board is fucking off the hook and I doubt 9 out of 10 fuckers here have even held a goddamn camera that isn't a smartphone.

>Some rat-man character.
Why do they need the CGI dots on his face then

>The obsession with pseudointellectualism on this board is fucking off the hook and I doubt 9 out of 10 fuckers here have even held a goddamn camera that isn't a smartphone.

glad you're using your degree on a Vietnamese badminton forum

>hat's disappointing is that no faggot has even bothered to try and discuss 300 or even Dawn of the Dead as films that at least were technically sound.

That's because you made a thread about capeshit, they're essentially for kids, so theyre shot that way.

The OP post mentions the sound mix, the audio cues, the audio transitions overlaying the edits, the edits themselves. There are two clips, one is a full scene, and the other is a shorter clip for the retards with shorter attention spans than potatoes. How much more hand holding do you fucking want you mouth breather. And I fucking dismissed Marvel and said they're uninspired drivel too. Where the fuck are you reading that second bit? Are you brain damaged?

>I'm talking about the horrid, shitty TV soap opera tier vfx that sound like they were desperately added to somehow make the scene feel interesting

Why don't you do a point-by-point breakdown, you flaming faggot, or gtfo.

Like this, you fucking retard:

> Ozzy hears something (beginning of clip cuts off SS saying his name)
>turns
>SS with a gun...gun is out of focus
>Ozzy surprised
>SS again...camera focuses on gun...audience focuses their attention
>Ozzy again, but calculating expression on his face
>CU of SS, cuts to gun going off
>Ozzy shot, tumbles
>Night Owl gasps
>He's dead! That was easy!
>hand falls open, revealing slug

Nothing extraneous, pure visual communication assisting the situation. Explain what issues you have or kys.

Film degrees are by and large for film criticism. I'm not talking about Snyder critically. I'm talking about just simple, basic fucking ability to use the tools of the trade effectively, which he clearly lacks at least in this film.

And goddammit man any thread that isn't capeshit has a one in ten shot of not being deleted by the mods in the first couple of minutes that it's up. I thought Watchmen would be a decent enough topic to have a discussion about but I guess this place is fucking cursed. Just gonna be glad that I didn't make the mistake of making a BvS thread.