Best of Thor Odinson thread. Since he's coming back let's have a thread for commemorating the dude

Best of Thor Odinson thread. Since he's coming back let's have a thread for commemorating the dude.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/how-cia-fake-vaccination-campaign-endangers-us-all/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This was literally a war crime.

Perfidy:

"In the context of war, perfidy is a form of deception in which one side promises to act in good faith (such as by raising a flag of truce) with the intention of breaking that promise once the enemy is exposed (such as by coming out of cover to attack the enemy"

Ughhh could you just..... not??? He's so problematic and privileged

>"Have you forgotten sir, we were at war? A fight with an alien race for the very survival of our species. I feel I must remind you that it is an undeniable, and may I say a fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
The aliens were riding a genocide train straight to Earth. I doubt they adhere to the Geneva Conventions anyway.

>Since he's coming back

Wait really? I didn't hear any announcement

>>"Have you forgotten sir, we were at war? A fight with an alien race for the very survival of our species. I feel I must remind you that it is an undeniable, and may I say a fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."

Thank you Director.

>He's so problematic and privileged

I don't understand why you guys don't understand the concept of privilege.

>galactic level threat with the threat of extinction
>even space empires were shitting their pants and agreed to a collective effort to stop it
>'bawww, muh war crimes'

Fag.

>I doubt they adhere to the Geneva Conventions anyway.

I love how quick people are to toss out things like civil liberties and the leathality of war crimes if they get scared enough.

You know what happens when you make a point of faking surrender so you can take out the people coming to take you prisoner? They stop taking prisoners. Perfidy takes advantage of and removes what little honor there is in war and turns it all into a slaughter house.

Fuck Thor and fuck Captain America for doing this.

>Fag.

Hey, enjoy reading war criminal the comic. When you see this kind of thing glorified in our media, is it any wonder why we go on to commit so many war crimes?

He's never coming back. Deal with it.

New Thor is awesome.

>pretend to submit
>strike enemy in the back
MY BROTHER!

Yeah fuck Cap and Thor for not letting themselves get taken prisoner while their captors annihilator billions of lives on their home planet.

>lets risk these bug guys destroying and ruling the galaxy
nah

>Yeah fuck Cap and Thor for not letting themselves get taken prisoner while their captors annihilator billions of lives on their home planet.

If they had no intentions of giving up, they could have skipped the whole committing perfidy part and just not given up. Instead they did this, and turn the ability to give themselves up into a tactic.

You might not have served in the military, but those of us who have should very well take this shit seriously. It's gross, and it gets people killed pointlessly.

"Shit bro, we're outnumbered and out of ammo. Better stab ourselves in the fucking throat cause he other guys don't take prisoners any more."

"Yeah, but remember that one time we used a white flag to kill those red cross guys, that was totes awesome."

Fuck you.

There are no crimes in war, only tactics.

>muh military service
Good goy

>"Yeah, but remember that one time we used a white flag to kill those red cross guys, that was totes awesome."
Yeah I see what you're saying. It's not like they killed the leader of the genocide aliens. All that guy was doing was trying to help out.

>There are no crimes in war, only tactics.

You people are disgusting. It's no wonder though, look at what your heroes do.

>Good goy

The people who died to make these rules were worth a hundred of you nazi fucks.

>privilege

Just means you're better off than some people, although it gives the impression that it is unearned which isn't always the case. Blacks in america is privileged compared to the blacks in Africa, ironically enough, for example. In fact under the feminist theory even blacks have their own privileges such as being covered positive by the media despite calling for riot and even being able to say nigger, however insignificant that might seem, without social backlash is a privilege.

You're never gonna hear about it from liberals though.

>It's not like they killed the leader of the genocide aliens

Perfidy is perfidy. The shit is literally all the same. Once you turn a white flag as a tactic to kill people you do away with things like the red cross. You put every medic and/or chaplain in the cross hairs cause "it's probably another trick."

Perfidy is the act of scum. Worthless scum. It's the shit that takes away aid and comfort to the men dying in the mud and there's nothing awesome nor cool about it. And seriously fuck anyone who argues any different.

The last justifiable war was 60 years ago, every soldier since then is just fighting for the gains of the rich.

>Wait really? I didn't hear any announcement

Rejoice, the God of Thunder is back.

Right, but the Builders were killing planets, wiping out refugees and medical personal and children all indiscriminately. They were committed to galcactic scale extinction. Would it be a war crime if jews had faked a surrender to Nazis only to kill them?

You DO realize that these guys broke the deal first? As in the leader went and said: ''Bow to me and i'll spare people'', and when Thor asked him for assurances, he fucking slapped him. Now, FUCKING THOR took that, and bowed, and then the faggot went: ''Oh, but we're still killing Earth, lol''. Now, had you actually read this, instead of going full retard from a single panel, you would have known.

I mean, I'd say it and I'm pretty liberal. Painting wide broad brushes or however the saying goes.

>Oh cool, a Thor thread!
>Surely all those people who have been bitching about Whor the past couple years will be excited to talk about the origin--
>military meme'ing shucking and strawmanning

I'm pretty done with this board

>You people are disgusting. It's no wonder though, look at what your heroes do.

Hmm the enemy uses effective tactics and/or weapons, better call them war crimes and make them illegal. The conventions of war will only be upheld as long as the ones who degreed have strength to do so. They'll be relaxed or ignored if need be.

It is really bad these days, I think I may be done as well. It's getting as bad as Sup Forums.

Sometimes you remember he isn't just Marvel's Superman.

I miss Uriel.

Best Thor moment you say?

>jews

Yes. It would have been. Perfidy makes the enemy stop taking prisoners. Perfidy makes the enemy more likely to shoot at medics and chaplains. Perfidy kills soldiers by removing the possibility of medical care and surrender.

Perfidy is a war crime for a reason.

Support this and you're telling the wounded man screaming for help "tough shit" because you've decided that medics and surrender are tactics that you can use and not mercy.

You know America used foreign medical aid to track down Bin Laden? That was a smooth fucking move, wasn't it. I mean Bin Laden was a real bad dude, wasn't he?

Well, what about all those sick people who we can't help anymore since we decided to use charity as a tactic? Do you give a shit about any if them? They're literally setting our foreign aid workers on fucking fire cause now they're all considered CIA. I guess you don't care about them either cause we caught one bad guy.

Go ahead and clap you literal fucking children. This kind of shit kills the people who need help the most. I'm seriously disgusted by this.

Do you even know what the fuck I'm talking about or the very real damage thus caused?

Why the fuck would you obey ANY human set law regarding war against the swarm of mad, genocidal aliens? They do not care. They were literally committing universe wide holocaust. The fact that they fall for that and got punished for it was a lucky break. Stop reading too much into shit or at least try to get the whole picture instead of single fucking panel. You cunt.

I loved Thor in this. He was presented as he should be. A one many army and an answer to any danger coming from any enemy.

>relaxed or ignored as need be

People who do this should be hung. Immediately.

>Privilege theory

>Not painting with the biggest possible brush ever

Except Builders NEVER TOOK PRISONERS outside of some weird shitty experimentation when it came to Avengers. This was not a war between humans. This was fictional conflict between our guys and super nazis from space. Whole army that decided it was time to raze entirety of living things to the ground.

But that's against the conventions, user. Good job.

>People who do this should be hung. Immediately.
With no trial!? That's a violation of civil liberties you piece of shit scumbag!

Worse. At least most people on Sup Forums play video games.

>Perfidy makes the enemy stop taking prisoners
So what? Seriously, so what? When several species and planets are at stake why should this be your primary concern?

Can't wait for all the nu-male butthurt when the new Thor book destroys Whor's sales. We'll see just how much of a fanbase Whor has when the real deal is back in town.

Is that supposed to be a Guyver?

Some light reading for the pro warcrimes and perfidy is cool crowd.

scientificamerican.com/article/how-cia-fake-vaccination-campaign-endangers-us-all/

Got 'im.

You can be killed immediately for certain acts in times of war, maybe read up on things before exposing your ignorance.

Builders didn't take prisoners, your whole argument falls apart immediately. They were making no concessions, their objective was extinction. It's like you refuse to look at what is being discussed and force it into a strawman real world situation every time.

>an article that has nothing to do with situation presented in the panel you got triggered by

I'm sorry to say that Whor has a sizable fanbase and is one of the better selling series. Face it, the white males no longer have the buying power to stay in the business.

This "pro-perfidy" thing is purely contextual. That context being a fictional alien invasion/attempted genocide. So fuck off.

>so what

What's it like reading about heroes all day and being complete scum?

>turns it all into a slaughter house

wasn't this what the builders were doing?

So war crimes are just what one side say the other's tactics and methods are. Wow!

I wish more writers remembered this. Unless it's something like Thanos, Thor shouldn't be just another Avenger to be fodderized.

Good point, I'm out. Occasional storytines simply aren't worth this kind of shit 95% of the other threads.

Answer the question faggot.

it's hilarious, honestly better than bitching about Thor's book that has been good and getting better

Hey, military tard troller, these are comics. Please take your PTSD or, more likely, your cheeto dust covered fingers and go to /b.

Weren't the main Builders the ones that led the ship full of Ex Nihili who captured like several of the Avengers until Manifold broke them out?

I need to reread Infinity I guess.

>King me

Why are you ignoring my post? Is it because it shows you're a complete retard that got triggered by muh semper fi? The Builders were genocidal monsters who broke their fucking word after Thor, motherfucking God of Thunder and Prince of Asgard, humiliated and humbled himself before them. They lost any right to any sort of conduct right there.

Did he killed a SnK Titan?

What? You're complete scum.

>why is it important to take prisoners?

I don't owe anyone who thinks like that a fucking thing.

>There are rule, but you can't choose not to follow them

Never gets old.

>Thor's book that has been good and getting better
I heard the Loki issue was good but I dropped it a good while before that cause the plot didn't seem to be going anywhere.

>War
>Crimes
Pick one faggot, there is no such thing as a war crime.

They didn't take prisoners, you keep ignoring that, they just wanted to kill all humans.

That means you don't have an answer.
Conclusion: you're a faggot.

What book had Odinson been hanging out in pre-Secret Wars?

Wasn't their whole goal to kill all humans and break the Earth so there wouldn't be an Incursion? Their goal were just based on what they knew of the situation.

Pretty sure purposefully killing medics, chemical warfare, and biological warfare are all war crimes.

THOR was still co-starring in the Thor book and was hanging out with Hyperion in one of Hickman's Avengers books.

>no one trying to find past examples to back up points with Thor
>or mythological Thor info
>or cool Thor panels at least

The whole evil corporations fighting has given it a really good boost imo. And it's one of the best looking books on stands Dauterman is amazing.

One of Hickman's Avengers, New? He and Hyperion fought the Beyonders I think? He had that amazing moment with Thorr's hammer

But with the Ultimate Thor's hammer? Fuck that.

And then heroes lost their shit because the illuminatis destroyed one inhabited plante

Like anyone cares, the point is winning. Don't delude yourself, those are things that always happens and you will only hear about it the after a few decades of peace if the winning side allows it.
>Wait guys! We can't kill them this way cuz is illegal you know?
Wake up kid.

The artist is great, but he/she can't draw Thor's face without it looking like he has downs.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>Ultimate Thor's hammer
FUCK YES

He and u wot

Jane is still gonna be Thor, but at least Odinson will have both Mjolnir and Jarnbjorn.

Ultimate Mjolnir is the superior Mjlonir bro

The biological warfare part everyone kinda cares about, because of the hilarious lack of control it risks.

Try looking through the book, Ihalf of the faces he makes make it seem he suffers from mental retardation.

Fuck no. Bill already has that shit. Also
>having to give up his original hammer, his name, and his fucking comic and settle for bootleg replacements
FUCK
THAT
Aaron says he loves Thor? Holy shit, i hope he doesn't love any of my other favorite characters. Thor lost more in his run then he has in the decades preceding it.

>Ultimate mijolnir.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped he's coming back and all, but I fucking hate the way Ultimate mijolnir looks.

Yeah never got the name part. As I understand it the other times this happened was because he used a mortal as a vessel.

Yeah and that's the problem. Get Jane the fuck out of there.

Nah.

>but I fucking hate the way Ultimate mijolnir looks.
Better looking than a brick on a stick

>Nah.
Yea.

also Thor is actually a book about Mjölnir

>alien defence force shilling this hard
5 space credits have been deposited in your bank

>Why are you ignoring my post?

Which of the hundred or so anonymous posts was yours again you fucking moron? I answered the Jews question with a simple yes. if the Jews committed perfidy even towards nazis then it was still a shit thing to do.

The temporary advantage you get by committing a war crime of this nature is immediately offset by the enemy no longer offering the exact mercy you just took advantage of. You pretend to surrender so they let down their guard and you kill them? They don't accept surrender from your side any more. You sneak into people's houses looking for terrorists under the guise of giving out polio vaccines, they don't take your vaccines anymore and fucking polio comes back.

The latter we're actually done. Not that you guys give a shit.

>triggered

I take these words, and words like "cuck", "beta", and whatever other things you use as a clear sign that you've got nothing left other than buzzwords. It's a weak update of calling me a doodie head.

Bravo old chap.

>Never gets old.

Mutiny is worthy of summary execution in times of war. There's plenty of other acts that are just the same. Military tribunals aren't always necessary. Try to frag your squad leader? You get shot on the spot.

Pretend to be in the red cross so you can sneak passed enemy lines? (another firm of perfidy) I'd more than say that qualifies for summary execution.

Why?

Because you put a bulls-eye on every other medic for the rest of the conflict for a temporary gain. It's short sighted and actively evil. I know you guys don't actually care about wounded soldiers or destroying a charity networks supplying much needed health care in the third world as long as someone you don't like gets killed though.

I blame the schools honestly.

But that's what it's /suppose/ to look like.

Well, Thor is supposed to be a redhead.

>Pick one faggot, there is no such thing as a war crime.

I like how you think getting mad and calling me a faggot is an argument when the closest you ever came to an army medic was when your mom kissed your boo-boo.

>That means you don't have an answer.

I;m sure that you think your question was very important, but I didn't even read it. I read "so what" and stopped immediately because that's all I needed to see. You're a literal child talking about grown up things that you do not understand.

This is more words than you deserve, by far.

These are all war crimes. These guys think they're too cool to care though. Its easy to think war crimes are cool when they aren't killing your friends. What a bunch of pussies.

>Don't delude yourself

You're the one who is deluded. I'm seriously sorry that you think your comic book habit qualifies you to talk about matters of warfare. It fucking doesn't though. Read a book and get back to us.

>What the fuck did you

Yeah. The fact that I'm concerned about the kind of shit that gets people I care about killed alone and uncared for is just like pretending I'm in the special forces.

But yo seriously. Why should people who are trying to prevent the complete destruction of their species and home worry about their enemies not taking prisoners anymore? It seems to me considering the potential consequences it would be more important just to stop these guys at all costs.

>Which of the hundred or so anonymous posts was yours again
>hundred
Top lel.
This one. The only one you conveniently didn't reply to, and the one that undermines your entire fucktarded strawman.