What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Spider-Man just needs a new writer to pump some blood into him. I'd like to see Mark Waid take a crack at him.

- Too much loser (even for his patterns);
- No one in universe likes him, civil or costumed;
- Manchild;
- "The dumbest genius ever", according to himself;
- Soap opera complex;
- OMD;
- Gwenslut;
- Clones (aside Kaine and Ben);
- Tons and tons of more interesting spider-based people.

He had an Uncle Ben when what he needed was an Uncle Phil.

this. Slott should have been moved to something else after Spider-Island

They didn't let Ditko do what he wanted, so they gave it to a romance artist named John Romita.

>Tons and tons of more interesting spider-based people.
such as?

He stopped aging in the late 1960s and now he has an unbelievably shit life for the sake of drama

With the amazing work that Kelly has been doing I'd love to see him bumped up to the lead Spider-Writer, but it seems like they are grooming Thompson to take over, Spidey, Venom, and Silk are all Spider-Books to some degree, and he managed to fix the train wrecks that came before them.

Didn't Waid do Family Business? I honestly really liked that Peter story, kinda wanna see more of Teresa.

Sort of related, but I think it'd be cool to do a miniseries of Mac Gargan as a hardboiled P.I.

Stuck in a shitty SJW universe

>Disliking Romita
Do you have a problem with hot chicks user?

Joe Quesada.

Look Slott is a damned train wreck but Quesada is the one that let him happen. Quesada let that Abomination from 2004 happen. Quesada mandated OMD and wrote OMIT. Virtually every shitty thing in the spider-verse is a result of Joe Quesada, and what can't be tied to him is probably Bob Harass' fault.

Waid is behind Family Business and is a much better writer than Slott but he's still an OMD guy so I can never fully get behind him taking over.

Give it to Kelly for two story arcs, let Thompson plan it out and then give it to him for a long run.

At least we'd be getting something new with him. Sure it would be better to have someone who's against OMD, but Slott has been on /way/ too long.

The first one on your list is the main reason why I stopped reading a while ago. Some writers have focused on it to the point of fetishization.

Anansi

Status quo ruined him. He's all about dealing with consequences, responsibility, and growing up. But he has no consequences to his actions because everything important gets undone. He has no responsibility since he's doomed to perpetually be poor and hated and since fictional characters get rewarded for actions, he never has to make tough decisions without seeing some personal benefit either way. And he can't ever grow up because aging is hard to write and Aunt May is too important to really kill off.

In his entire history, I can only think of 2 important events. Gwen Stacy's death and his unmasking. The latter gets undone in the very next story arc, completely ruining the entire message of his character.

I'm throwing my money at the screen user, but it's not working!

Hell do the trade off and then give Kelly Spectacular Spider-Man and let them go wild across the Spider-Man line.

When was the last time Spidey had a truly new memorable story or character?

You should read Spider-Man and Deadpool, I think k you'd be surprised.

he was bitten by a radioactive spider and tried to use the super powers he had gained for personal profit. this decision led directly to the tragic death of his uncle ben.

I will eventually. Torrented all his Mags to read everything for the 2nd time and I literally Just started the Romita era. It will probably take a while

>he's a OMD guy.
He is? Source?

Nothing. Spider-man has the biggest dick in the Marvel universe.

a dindu stole his identity