Would you consider this rich

Would you consider this rich

only if you live below your means.

Yes but those listings are hardly accurate. But getting 20 mil in cash on my bank account does make me rich.

He's well off, sure. Not that impressive though.

It's amazing how fast people can spend money. I work in a luxury industry and there are people worth a ton that go through it extremely fast, and then there are the careful ones.

The people who make the money slowly, seem to spend it slowly. The people who make it fast (one big swoop), seem to spend it the fastest. Obviously there are exceptions, but, I've for sure noticed that.

He's well off.

Very rich. He can send his kids to the best schools and his family will live well for probably 2-3 generations.

This should be everyones goal tbqh

Depends how much he spends.

You could be a bloody billionaire and still not be rich, or you could live in a rickety tin shack and feel like a king, depending on whether you make more than you spend.

>You could be a bloody billionaire and still not be rich
>This is Sup Forumss perception of the world
it would take me more than 2,000 years to make that much money at my current wages, so yes, he's fantastically rich.

I'd like to know how the common wageslave is going to retire. We give the boomers shit about working too long, but, Gen X is going to really be working a long time since no social security.

>it would take me more than 2,000 years to make that much money at my current wages

No, if you stand at the right spot, it will trickle down on your ur forehead. Just find that spot.

>it would take me more than 2,000 years to make that much money at my current wages, so yes, he's fantastically rich.
Not if he fucking spends it all and dies of exposure in a gutter, no.

There's a homeless man who lives in front of a supermarket near me who used to make $150k/yr as a project manager. He lived on credit, built up debt, went through a divorce, and now he spends all day writing cardboard signs for a living.

Man, I could live such a pleasant life with savings like that. Just touring round the world, staying in mid-to-high range hotels with my girlfriend, reading great books, and visiting interesting historical sites.

How frugal a person is doesn't change how much money they've got, just because I make $700 a month, but can live off of $600 doesn't mean I'm middle class, I'm still dirt poor, I've just got a brain between my ears.

For a beaner without an drug empire it's pretty good

700 dollars?!
B-but how?

And even buy yourself that girlfriend.

Living in a small city and not spending money on stupid shit.
Housing, food, and a few utilities are all you actually have to spend money on.

I think those estimations are bullshit.

>He isn't in a successful, rewarding and deeply loving relationship with a great girl

Srorry srucker.

Compounded interest rate low risk mutual funds

Says the neet.

Are 401k's still popular?

You suggest wealth is purely psychological, and maybe you're right. But, all things being equal, I think I'd rather be rich and living cheque to cheque than poor but living well within my means.