Is the MCU done?

Is the MCU done?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MH4uuWITmgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

after Infinity War, yes

Are you retarded?

wtf right he doesnt like marvel capeshit?? you just pissed off the wrong crowd op

Please fucking kick Feige. It's embarrassing that Fox is doing better Marvel than Marvel.

>sequels confirmed
>loved by fans
>single-handedly recovered the Spider-Man brand after the Amazing movies

>done

>loved by fans
So much that it's barely doing better than ASM despite Iron "Guaranteed billion" manlet.

>Op makes a bait thread
>Actually defend Op
Why?

im just making fun of mindlets who watch superhero movies

It's going through Quantum of Solace syndrome.

>facts are bait
The state of marlels

SPIDERFLOP SPIDERFLOP
I DON'T REMEMBER THE REST
NIGGER NIGGER
HERE COMES THE SPIDERFLOP

It's already way ahead of both ASM movies in Domestic BO. And "Guaranteed billion RDJ" is a shitty Sup Forums meme. Three of the four MCU movies that have crossed a billion were Avengers films. (Civil War pretty much counts) Iron man 3 was the third of a trilogy and came out right after The first Avengers, which was one of the biggest movie events ever.

>Lies are facts
Whoa..Really makes you think

The MCU only crosses a billion if it has RDJ. The rest are irrelevant. Now even Spidey is becoming irrelevant because nobody likes this twink Disney picked for the role.

It should've been a guaranteed billion given how it's the two biggest superheroes on film next to Batman. Yet, will it even hit 800m at this rate?

ASM2 will definitely prove more profitable to Sony than this trainwreck.

I think this is the only Sony movie that isn't shit

How is it a lie?

>ASM2 will definitely prove more profitable to Sony than this trainwreck
Homecoming has already its budget back more than ASM2 did

>arguably the third best MCU film
>underwhelming performance

Is cape fatigue real?

Homecoming had a record breaking ad campaign, an RDJ salary to pay that can go upwards 50 million and no income from merchandise because Sony idiots sold merchandise back to Disney.

At this rate, Homecoming was a bad idea that failed and we'd all be better off with SM4 with Raimi.

>single-handedly recovered the Spider-Man brand after the Amazing movies
LOL

Homecoming cost $175 million
ASM2 cost $200 million
Homecoming made $268 million domestic (a $93 million profit)
ASM2 made $202 million domestic (a $2 million profit)

I don't for one second believe Homecoming was cheaper when RDJ's salary alone goes upwards 50m per film.

Also Homecoming ad campaign was the most expensive for any capeshit.

You really have to admire how Disney played this.

They partnered creative control with Sony, agreed to provide let Sony have distribution rights and the entire films gross in exchange for a significant flat fee.

Since Sony doesn't know dick about distribution they had to eat the marketing costs, and deal with the pretty lackluster gross, meanwhile Disney made easy money and is building up hype for Spider-Man in Infinity Wars

*breathes in*

His salary for an Avengers/Iron Man movie, where he is a star and in a majority of the film. In Homecoming, he was on camera ~10 minutes, tops. You think he'd charge $50 million for a cameo? You're a retard.

And most importantly, they were allowed to rent Spidey just in time to steal the BvS' thunder.

Kevin Feige played Pascal so hard I doubt the dumb cunt has even realized it yet. He basically reduced Spidey to an Avengers sidekick.

>a $93 million profit)

Spastic cunt

>Homecoming ad campaign was the most expensive for any capeshit.
Bull fucking shit.
They spent $140 million on Marketing. There is no way whatsoever that's higher than BvS, Civil War, or the Avengers films

This is almost as bad as the worst 5th weekend foreign market age-weighted drop from the last movie.

>They spent $140 million on Marketing.

Correction, 140mil+

>the e-mail where Feige give them tips to make ASM 2 less shit
>Sony doesn't listen

Feige is mad.

>You think he'd charge $50 million for a cameo?
He was barely in CW and still took out a 50m salary for it. You could also easily spot that RDJ is not even physically present in most scenes but is copy-pasted in. Like that scene with Ross in CW and he just stands in the background in the corner of the room barely interacting with others.

Don't correct me when you don't even know

DELET THIS

>Fox is doing better Marvel than Marvel.

What?

1 good Wolverine movie, 2 atrocious ones that make the worst marvel movie look like Citizen Kane.

3 Good X-Men movies, 3 shit ones.

3 Horrible Fantastic 4 movies.

>He was barely in CW

Yeah no fuck Feige. He royally fucked Civil War over by reshooting almost an hour of the film so he could put Spidey in it. Fuck him the cynical cunt. He is a poison to the MCU and it won't be long before his Disney overlords throw both him and Kennedy out at the same time.

I fucking hate his suit and the action was pretty underwhelming. Though it's an alright movie I enjoyed a lot of the high school stuff. Comfy. This is a little unfair on this movie though. Three mediocre/awful movies of the same character came before.

Spiderman will be the new hulk, he won't have any solo films just make cameos and teamups

>Face it white boy yo ass just *smacks lips* hit the mutha fcking *Smoke some weed* dank pot nigga!$!$ * Protest against Trump and white people while fuck the police plays in the background*
* gets a nobel peace prize for fighting oppression*

It's more of a Cap America movie guest starring Tony. He's in his CGI suit most of the time and so many other scenes you can clearly see RDJ showed up on a different day to be pasted in to the scene.

RDJ gives zero fucks anymore after IM3 and will still demand 50m+ salaries. Because he can.

>He was barely in CW
>One of the main characters, plot literally hinges around him and his parents

That demo of the boring PS4 videogame has better special effects than this fucking movie. What the hell?

>He was barely in CW

Pretty much, Ragnarok will underperform, and the hype will dry up after Infinity Wars. The Last Jedi will probably underperform too, so 2017 will be fondly looked back as the year the mouse started to crack.

It's not remotely done but it demoted Spider-Man.

Homecoming is doing better than the TASM movies financially and critically. But so what, TASM was a maligned and then scrapped reboot that failed to launch any kind of cinematic spinoffs despite the massive potential. It's taken us this long to get a Venom movie after the worst regarded Raimi movie introduced him.

Even the first DCEU movies have resisted being forced to reboot. Even the X-Men cinematic continuity that became a mess and lost Hugh Jackman is not rebooting just yet.

Spider-Man has basically become the biggest water boy in cinema.

BvS was a soft reboot

>all that fuss and this cunt only had 4 lines in the whole movie

I would of demanded more screen time especially after having to be weinstein fuck toy

>2017 will be fondly looked back as the year the mouse started to crack.
The only movies off the top of my head that haven't flopped or underperformed this year are Capeshit, Fast 8 and The Live action Beauty and The beast

>he says, as Disney has the #1 movie of the year

Sony is coming out with a theatrical standalone Spider-Man cartoon movie next year. It's being written by the LEGO meme-faggots that just got fired from directing Han Solo. The main character is allegedly Miles Morales. I'd say it's dead in the water but since LEGO is so successful maybe a Spider-Man cartoon flick will really touch children.

No it wasn't.

A movie that was expected to break a billion but now won't even beat BvS.

DCucks BTFO

Not any more than Suicide Squad was a soundtrack reboot, it was still the same world as MoS just with more characters introduced.

Also I noticed even in Infinity War they paired him up with with the GoTG gang instead. He must have some really bad beef with the rest of the Avengers actors.

The Fassbender X-Men are better than anything in the MCU.

Deadpool and Logan fucking wrecked Disney's attitude of kiddy oriented capeshit being the standard.

Only F4 was shit, but they seem to be atleast trying out different things to try and mix shit up. Whereas Disney has been making the same two movies for a decade now.

>Deadpool and Logan fucking wrecked Disney's attitude of kiddy oriented capeshit being the standard.
Disney released Daredevil and Jessica Jones before either of those movies came out you fucking idiot.

You could try not being wrong

I was talking about Beauty and the Beast, which both broke a billion and skullfucked BvS

>biggest marketing campaign for any capeshit ever
>Starring two biggest superheroes ever on film right after Batman
>Every critic kissing its ass, legions of Disney third-world shills are shilling like mad for it
>Plastered literally fucking everywhere
>Spidey shows up in CW to establish him beforehand
>Won't maybe not even reach 800m WW

Sony made a deal with the devil and now they're just now realizing it. Should've begged Raimi to come back instead.

>Even the X-Men cinematic continuity that became a mess and lost Hugh Jackman is not rebooting just yet.

Days of Future Past was a reboot wasn't it? Or was it just to avoid the bad end we got in X3?

Fuck off Perlmutter

Aside from First Class the x-men are pretty mediocre. However Mcavoy and Fassbender give kino performances.

Deadpool was no better than a mediocre marvel movie just R rated so it get's extra points.

Logan was pretty good.

>Disney released Daredevil
The TV show branched is independent from the MCU and run by completely different people.

Blame Sony's retardation, they should have had the foresight to sell the rights back to Marvel for a ridiculous sum before TASM, rather than believe they have it in them to make it a huge franchise.

It's not a reboot if it doesn't change all future movies.

Days of Future Past was like the comic it adapted, a glimpse into a future that was avoided. Like Iron Man seeing dead Avengers or Batman seeing himself killed by Superman.

>Spider-Man has basically become the biggest water boy in cinema.
That title still belongs to Batman. And Spider-Man is still tied with Superman for the number of reboots.

>would of
Stay in school

Fox is playing their cards right. Look how well they distance themselves from Disney by just doing their own shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=MH4uuWITmgY

Meanwhile ASM felt like an MCU wannabe and Homecoming is an actual forced MCU movie. The great Spidey reduced to Iron Man's sidekick.

No it just means time for another reboot.

I think I've read posts similar to this on Sup Forums for the past five or so years

When will it finally be "the year"?

CAPESHIT BTFO

>movie makes a ton of money and a profit
>"y-yeah b-b-b-but w-w-w-weekend d-d-d-d-drop..."
Doesn't matter.

It's been on a downward projectory ever since Avengers.

Civil War did less than Iron Man 3 despite almost all of the Avengers united + Spidey

GoTG2 underperformed

Homecoming is underperforming massively.

Nobody cares about the Thor/Hulk movie except shills.

It's set to coincide with the year of Linux.

Linux already won. It's conquered every market but the desktop, which has become largely irrelevant as consumers move to mobile and stop upgrading their PCs.

I hope so I want to see different movies

It did alright, in spite of the forced 'diversity' and everything else working against it from the inside.
Looking forward to more of these, though the Vulture set a pretty high bar for the next Spiderman villain

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Time will eventually get everybody.

For some people it would have been unthinkable that Hulk has no solo movies now, the comics have a replacement character and the current actor is saying he's getting old for the role and no solo movie is at all possible.

Spider-Man is a head and shoulders above all that, but only because he needs to be marketed as a young character at all times.

>marvel comics
>Creativity
Aside from wolvie they are basically DC lite.

>GOTG2 underperformed
Nope. it actually exceeded expectations in its opening weekend
>Homecoming is underperforming massively
Has surpassed the Domestic BO of both ASM films in three weeks and will surpass them worldwide even without China
>Nobody cares about Thor/Hulk movie except shills
It has more hype everywhere than Justice League does, including Sup Forums

Reminder that Homecoming trailers had way more views than Wonder Woman yet Homecoming might not even reach WW numbers.

This "hype" you're talking about is manufactured shill marketing.

It will be hilarious if GoTG 2 performs better than Homecoming.

Domestic or worldwide or both, it doesn't matter.

Mark Ruffalo as Hulk was a mistake and Age of Ultron basically ruined Hulk by making Hulk look like a beefed up Banner.

Nobody seems to understand Hulk except Ang Lee.

Batman has kept himself in a safe spot due to being the goddamn Batman that never needed to be forced into any cinematic universe for decades, and because of Nolan's Batman's critical reception and box office receipts.

We will see what changes once Reeves's DCEU Batman rolls in.

Wonder Jew was pushed by feminazi's and sjw cuck faggots, the same ones who gave Anita Sarkeesian 158k to "fight patriarchy"! So they've been shoveling money towards that trash while crowing about its box office because they're fucking insane with no reason while GOTG 2 has made 80 million more worldwide.

Maybe I'll be wrong but I think Spider-man will easily pass Wonder Jew's international BO!!!FACT!!!

Kek

>he talks about SJWs while his favorite movie replaces all the whites with actual curry people

>And Spider-Man is still tied with Superman for the number of reboots.

Superman's reboots span over 40 years not 15. It's barely comparable.

Where did I say Spider-man was my favorite movie you fucking DC/WB cuck faggot? What's the matter, pissed that Marvel has people who actually care about making good movies compared to the fucking morons who have trashed DC? Homecoming is the 3rd reboot of the character in 15 years so I don't give a shit if they change things up. In closing, eat me, bitch!!!FACT!!!

>Wonder Jew was pushed by feminazi's and sjw cuck faggots

Are we still using this as an example as to why WW did well even though this has sunk every other film that tried it? Even though Wonder Womans marketing was never Feminazi.

>Dude everyone who likes or wants to see this upcoming movie is a shill, but only if it's Marvel lmao

>actual curry
>Not even a single Indian in the cast
Dumb self hating pajeet faggot.

The feminazi's and SJW's were desperate to have a hit film because their push for Ghostbusters 2016 blew up in their faces. I saw Wonder Woman and it was garbage and I know that these people are stupid enough to go see it repeatedly the same way they gave money to that hooked nosed troll Sarkeesian.

Also, WW was always about pushing a feminist agenda by hiring a female Director to un-subtle Jew propaganda by hiring an Israeli in the lead role when Alexandra Daddario was the obvious choice!!!FACT!!!

you would know that, if you ever read any comic, iron man and GotG had an entire series together.

I'll give you the real reason: his origin story (or lack thereof). The movie isn't resonating on an emotional level with audiences the way it should because it essentially just throws Spider-Man in front of you and says "ok, sympathize with this hero". There's no build-up to WHY he's a hero on the inside or WHY he put on the mask. Oh sure, the film tries to make up for this but you have to realize Spider-Man's origin story is probably the most well-known only behind Batman and Superman's collective stories. There is never a moment in Homecoming where Parker isn't already Spider-Man. There's no transformation. And that shit matters to audiences. Even Batman v Superman, hate it or love it (most hate it) managed to effectively tell Batman's origin in the first 5 minutes of the film - something that even most detractors of the movie will admit was well-done. It's minimal, sure, but it tells you what you need to know. Homecoming does none of this, probably at least in part because IT'S NOT THE FIRST MCU MOVIE WITH SPIDER-MAN. They effectively blew their load a year and a half too early, and now the hype is gone because they can't say it's "Spidey's first appearance in the MCU!" Oh yeah, and Civil War didn't give you much on his origins either. Running Homecoming against WW (which has surprisingly good longevity at the box office) and the forced diversity drama was small in comparison to Marvel's utter lack of understanding what makes audiences love Spidey in the first place.

For the record, I hold no particular brand loyalty to any franchise or series, be it MCU or anything else. I just want moviemakers to make good movies. And Homecoming misses the point of its character.

I didn't come here to read a freakin novel go away.