Why hasn't there been an attempt at horror like this again?

Why hasn't there been an attempt at horror like this again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1o3DLIYhH50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Courage isn't horror. Maybe for kids 8 or younger, and even that's stretching it,

I've always argued that on some level The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack was the attempt to be the spiritual sequel series to Courage, since Flapjack had plenty of surreal horrors to its name.

Courage was more of dark humor than horror. So the real question is why cartoons are so afraid of dark humor.

Courage wasn't horoor. Was a weird but someway fascinating form of design. Where gray weirdness would cover a usual cartoon creating a surreal experience. Recreating that is impossible since courage was all about that, people would just say "Oh! I is like courage, but not"

Personally the "creepy content" of this show never scare me, I actually find that pretty cool even when i was very young, especially this episode about the zombie movie director.

I'm tired of all these forced Reddit tier reactions concerning this show , it's like people are only focused on "Lulz trauma Lulz freaky Fred Lulz so creepy Lulz lesbian episode" and forgot other qualities like all moments of funny stuff or beautiful stuff ( like the friendship of Courage and the Hunchback, Eustace who recovered from a curse, etc...)

Because Mom's gonna freak.

>I'm tired of all these forced Reddit tier reactions concerning this show , it's like people are only focused on "Lulz trauma Lulz freaky Fred Lulz so creepy Lulz lesbian episode" and forgot other qualities like all moments of funny stuff or beautiful stuff ( like the friendship of Courage and the Hunchback, Eustace who recovered from a curse, etc...)

I'm with you 100% on that. Shit it's been seeping into Sup Forums for the past couple of years.

true, although the horror seemed a lot more spontaneous and unwarranted

Dilworth's animatic for that other thing he released a few weeks ago gives off a lot of the same vibes as courage. Are we getting too scared of scaring kids?

That sounds like the topic for one of Doug Walker's dumbass "video essays."

Emphasis on unwanted that shoe was bad

Can I just say that the best thing about this show is that it ended perfectly?

>unwanted
>shoe
The sort of eloquence you'd expect from someone shitposting Flapjack.

Return the slab....

I've always described this show as being sci-fi horror

I've been wanting more horror cartoons. Why don't more exist? Everything is fluff or comedy.

Younger millennials need cliches and constant positive colors and shapes jumping out at them for stimulation

I didnt like how it ended with the fucking backstory episode then a feel good episode

What's your offer?

It's more that anyone who is into horror at that age would just go see a horror movie or show. It's not profitable to make a cartoon out of horror, especially when kids have access to shit like creepypastas or youtube.

>mfw scouring the internet for the bongo song in courage the cowardly song
>can never find it

I wouldn't say it is horror. It got dark, but it being scary wasn't the only dark thing that happened.
We are never going to get anything that rivals Courage when it comes down to being dark. We've already got the happiness and light humor from other cartoons, but we'll never see the dark stuff again.

NOT A FARMER

You faggots do realize you're proud of being complete millennial tools, right? The stuff you take pride in enjoying is the stuff my generation made fun of for how mindless and stupid it was. We're the original OGs. We were born when beepers were still a thing and Nirvana was alive and touring and Youtube was a slang term for masturbation. Now get off my lawn.

What's your offer?

youtube.com/watch?v=1o3DLIYhH50